Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaia Sports Fan Guild: NFL Draft Contest

Back to Guilds

The Best Multi-Sports Guild On Gaia! 

Tags: Discussion, Basketball, Football, Baseball, Sports 

Reply General Sports Discussion
Baseball thread (version 2.0) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Steven_36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:56 pm
Dude-LAP
A11121112111
Steven_85
BPC_2434

The Cleveland Indians signed Carmona to a historic long-term contract.

Link
Good signing by Cleveland. But what about C.C?

The Indians won't be able to sign him, like Dude-LAP said he will want a ton of money and with the tight pitching market I wouldn't be surprised if he's over paid.

Well, it's all up to Sabathia. I predict the Indians to win the World Series this year, and if they do, then I bet C.C. will return to the team. But after the amount of money that Santana got, Sabathia is likely to join another team for next season. Most probably either the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Mariners, Angels, Cubs or Dodgers.

Well if Sabathia is a free agent I think the Yankees will sign him. They getting Giambi big contract off the payroll, Carl Pavano, and other players.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:16 pm

Brian Bannister and Raul Ibanez were named the AL player of the week.

And for the NL Matt Holliday took the weekly honor.

BPC_2434

Tribe_Girl_24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:55 am
I think that it's interesting that Carmona has one bad outing, watches video with his coach, the coach says it's mechanics we can fix this. He shows him that his arm movement is uncontrolled and that it's not a big deal. Carmona says okay lets fix it. The next time Carmona goes out and pitches (last night against Verlander) he controls his arm movements and he pitches a great game. He pitched 6.2 innings allowing 7 hits, 1 run, 1 walk, and getting 2 SOs. I actually think that he could have completed the inning, but I actually commend Wedge for pulling him, because a lot of times Wedge stands by idly watching until it's too late.

CC on the other hand has had 3 bad outings, coach says your overthrowing, it's mechanics, we can fix this. CC says it's not mechanics. CC goes out in his 4th outing and sucks. He pitched 4 innings allowing 8 hits, 9 runs, 5 walks, 2 HR, and only 1 SO.

CC's ERA is a 13.50. That's HORRIFIC!! Considering that Carmona has a 1.96 ERA, Cliff Lee has a .61 ERA, Westbrook has a 2.38 ERA, and Byrd has a 6.08 ERA.

What I see here is a pitcher who wants to be great (Carmona) and a pitcher who thinks he's already great (CC). The difference is a pitcher who thinks he's great isn't going to change to get better, because he doesn't believe that he is the problem.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:00 pm
Tribe_Girl_24
I think that it's interesting that Carmona has one bad outing, watches video with his coach, the coach says it's mechanics we can fix this. He shows him that his arm movement is uncontrolled and that it's not a big deal. Carmona says okay lets fix it. The next time Carmona goes out and pitches (last night against Verlander) he controls his arm movements and he pitches a great game. He pitched 6.2 innings allowing 7 hits, 1 run, 1 walk, and getting 2 SOs. I actually think that he could have completed the inning, but I actually commend Wedge for pulling him, because a lot of times Wedge stands by idly watching until it's too late.

CC on the other hand has had 3 bad outings, coach says your overthrowing, it's mechanics, we can fix this. CC says it's not mechanics. CC goes out in his 4th outing and sucks. He pitched 4 innings allowing 8 hits, 9 runs, 5 walks, 2 HR, and only 1 SO.

CC's ERA is a 13.50. That's HORRIFIC!! Considering that Carmona has a 1.96 ERA, Cliff Lee has a .61 ERA, Westbrook has a 2.38 ERA, and Byrd has a 6.08 ERA.

What I see here is a pitcher who wants to be great (Carmona) and a pitcher who thinks he's already great (CC). The difference is a pitcher who thinks he's great isn't going to change to get better, because he doesn't believe that he is the problem.

Sounds kinda like Jason Marquis while he was with the Cards. After '04 he started to really pitch like crap, and he never listened to our excellent pitching coach, Dave Duncan. Too stubborn to take advice, even from someone with as good a track record as Duncan. I'm glad we got rid of him.  

sonichedgehog88

Tribe_Girl_24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:36 am
Cleveland won!! That's 2 in a row!! w00t!!

Cliff Lee was FANTASTICAL in his 4th start! He went 8 innings with 1 BB, 2 hits, and 8 SOs.

And Casey Blake hit his first home run of the season.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:49 am
Tribe_Girl_24
Cleveland won!! That's 2 in a row!! w00t!!

Cliff Lee was FANTASTICAL in his 4th start! He went 8 innings with 1 BB, 2 hits, and 8 SOs.

And Casey Blake hit his first home run of the season.

He's been pitching great. I wouldn't be surprised if he repeats his '05 season with better numbers. The Cleveland would have the best SR but C.C hasn't been pitching the way he would like.

BPC_2434

Tribe_Girl_24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:47 am
CC actually pitched well last night. He allowed only 4 hits, had 2 BBs, and 11 SOs in 6 innings of work. Considering that CC has in his previous 4 starts struck out a total of 14 it was good to see his command of the ball was back last night.

And I know what changed -- his mechanics. He had much better control of his arm location on his release of the ball. It's about time that he starts listening to Willis. He's an excellent pitching coach and it was sad to see him waste 4 outings before finally doing something about it.

Casey Blake stopped being a fungus and went 4-4 last night with a single, 2 doubles, and a grand slam! (Although, we were all secretly routing for him to put his head down and make the 2nd double a triple so he would hit for the cycle, but oh well!)

Dellucci and Peralta hit solo home runs. In fact, everybody had a hit except our DH Travis Hafner. He went 0-5.

Carmona gets the start against KC tonight vs Brett Tomko. Hopefully, with Carmona on the mound Cleveland can win it's first series since their home opener against the Chicago White Sox. Go Tribe!!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:48 am
In other Tribe news:
Westbrook is on the 15 day DL with a strained intercostal muscle. He's expected to be out 2-4 weeks.

In his place, the Tribe is either going to bring up Aaron Laffey or Jeremy Sowers. I have to admit that I am pulling for Laffey. He was called up in August of 2007 and in 9 starts he was 4-2 with a 4.56 ERA. He pitched 49.1 innings with 54 hits, 26 runs, 25 ER, 2 HR, 12 BBs, and 25 SOs. He also pitched 4.2 scoreless innings against the Red Sox in game 7 of the ALCS, with 1 hit, 1 walk, and 3 SOs.

In 2007, Jeremy Sowers was 1-6 in 13 starts with a 6.52 ERA, before he was demoted to Triple A Buffalo in June. He pitched 67.1 innings allowing 84 hits, 49 runs, 48 ER, 10 HR, 4 HBP, 21 BBs, and 24 SOs.

These are the current stats for Laffey and Sowers in Triple A Buffalo:
The 22-year-old Laffey is 3-1 with a 3.13 ERA in 23 innings pitched. He has surrendered 23 hits, including one homer, walked six batters, struck out 18, has a 1.65 ground-ball-to-fly-ball ratio and a .253 average against.

The 24-year-old Sowers is 0-2 with a 3.18 ERA in 22 2/3 innings pitched. He has given up 19 hits, including three homers, with eight walks, 16 strikeouts, a ground-ball-to-fly-ball ratio of 0.96 and a .232 average against.  

Tribe_Girl_24

Tribe_Girl_24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:22 am
Cliff Lee was PHENOMENAL again in his 4th start. He started the game with an ERA of .040 and with this win he lowered his ERA to a league leading .028.
He pitched a complete game allowing only 3 hits, no walks, 9 SOs, and no runs! It was awesome!! Bannister was matching him pitch for pitch, but in the 7th he gave up a HR to Dellucci and then Hafner scored on a double by Cabrera. That would be all the offense the Tribe would need to get Lee the W. It was a really good game and a lot different then the one they played just a few short hours earlier.

Cleveland won game one of the double header 9-6 and Carmona got his 3rd win! Sizemore hit his 2nd home run of the season! Although, Carmona did give up his first home run of the season to DeJesus.

Cleveland got their first sweep of the season and their first series win since their home opener against the CWS!!

The Tribe heads back to Cleveland where they will open a 4 game series against the New York Yankees. It's slated to be Byrd vs Pettitte tonight.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:44 pm
Tribe_Girl_24
Cliff Lee was PHENOMENAL again in his 4th start. He started the game with an ERA of .040 and with this win he lowered his ERA to a league leading .028.
He pitched a complete game allowing only 3 hits, no walks, 9 SOs, and no runs! It was awesome!! Bannister was matching him pitch for pitch, but in the 7th he gave up a HR to Dellucci and then Hafner scored on a double by Cabrera. That would be all the offense the Tribe would need to get Lee the W. It was a really good game and a lot different then the one they played just a few short hours earlier.

Cleveland won game one of the double header 9-6 and Carmona got his 3rd win! Sizemore hit his 2nd home run of the season! Although, Carmona did give up his first home run of the season to DeJesus.

Cleveland got their first sweep of the season and their first series win since their home opener against the CWS!!

The Tribe heads back to Cleveland where they will open a 4 game series against the New York Yankees. It's slated to be Byrd vs Pettitte tonight.

The guy has been incredible for the Indians especially since Sabathia hasn't been pitching well. The Indians have the best if not one of the best starting rotation in the MLB. Now if only C.C. could get back on track.  

A11121112111

Tribe_Girl_24

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:03 am
Cleveland beat the Yankees last night! 5-3!! Jhonny Peralta laced a 2 run shot (his second HR of Andy Pettitte in as many games) to make a 2-1 ball game. Then Carmona knowing that he had the lead blew it (3-2), but Sizemore made a great play in the bottom of the 4th to keep the game from getting out of hand. Then David Dellucci in the 8th comes in as a PH and hits a 3 run shot off of Joba Chamberlain. It wouldn't have been so bad if Joba wouldn't have given up back to back walks to Sizemore and Peralta!

We play game 2 of the series tonight and it's Cliff Lee vs Chien-Ming Wang. It what should be an incredible pitchers duel.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:22 pm
Tribe_Girl_24
Cleveland beat the Yankees last night! 5-3!! Jhonny Peralta laced a 2 run shot (his second HR of Andy Pettitte in as many games) to make a 2-1 ball game. Then Carmona knowing that he had the lead blew it (3-2), but Sizemore made a great play in the bottom of the 4th to keep the game from getting out of hand. Then David Dellucci in the 8th comes in as a PH and hits a 3 run shot off of Joba Chamberlain. It wouldn't have been so bad if Joba wouldn't have given up back to back walks to Sizemore and Peralta!

We play game 2 of the series tonight and it's Cliff Lee vs Chien-Ming Wang. It what should be an incredible pitchers duel.

That was an awesome HR by Dellucci. But Joba Kind of got his revenge today. Cliff Lee has just been incredible. He's throwing 70% of his pitches for strike.

BPC_2434

thewingsword

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:03 am
BPC_2434
Tribe_Girl_24

That was an awesome HR by Dellucci. But Joba Kind of got his revenge today. Cliff Lee has just been incredible. He's throwing 70% of his pitches for strike.

Joba's reaction to that k was pretty cool. Although, you wouldn't see some of that stuff until the postseason, he was happy.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:43 pm
thewingsword
BPC_2434
Tribe_Girl_24

Joba's reaction to that k was pretty cool. Although, you wouldn't see some of that stuff until the postseason, he was happy.

That was pretty bush league. He was in a pretty meaning less situation and got over hyped. He should control his emotion.

BPC_2434

OMG ITS SUZIE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:19 pm
The Cubbies are kicking a**! This is our year, I'm telling you! We almost shut out Toronto, but we still beat them 7-4!

I'm excited, not only is this a great year for them, but I'm getting back into baseball. I used to hate it because the Cubs sucked, and now that they have Lou, they're getting good, and I'm starting to love the sport again.  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff