to hate
View Results

Cyko_Elmnt

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:44 pm
*waves like a maniac* Hiya, my name is Niko. Some call me Cyko for some reasons that are better left unsaid ^_^
I am 17, about to be 18 in October, WHOOOO! I'm an anime freak, music lover, light reader, procrastinator and um... I love Ancient Egypt and modern Japan biggrin
I got into Egypt as simply an interest when I saw the Mummy lol believe it or not. Then I got even more into it when I watched Yu-Gi-Oh (at the time I thought I was a silly show and I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about and I got addicted) So you could say that yu-Gi-Oh got me into two things at the same time. Ancient Egypt because of the storyline and Japan because of it simply being anime. I hope to one day go to Egypt and look inside EVERY museum there and before I go there, I want to go to the Egptian museums here and look around. You, know, save the best for last. I love studying different topics about Ancient Egypt. The culture, the way they made food, the Nile, the magic and the gods they believe in, their daily lives, the social ladder, how the rules changed, all the pharoahs that took over, which ones were good and which ones were bad... Etc. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:32 am
Names Kefet!
Been interested in Egypt since I was little and joined the Kemetic Orthodox faith about 6 months ago  

Obsidian Banshee

Undead Specter

33,315 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Adrienne Clementine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:29 pm
The name is Cleo. I have a lot of interest in Ancient Egypt, but it is mostly mythology and warfare that I study. I'm a 17 (almost 1 cool year old Frenchman and Air Force reservist, and I'm going to transfer to active duty and become a fighter pilot once I get out of high school.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:41 am
I'm la caotica and I'm 21 years old, hailing from the USA.

I've always found Egyptian lore and history so very interesting and thought this would be a great place to get that fix as well as to share what little I know.  

caotica

xxdevils_candyxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 pm
My name is Jacob, i am 16 years old, from the USA. I love ancient Egypt, i have been reading books about Egypt since 3rd grade, and i have always known more than most people in my class. I am glad to be here with fellow ancient Egypt fans.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Next time you put someone down belittle them make them feel stupid, think about [me] then think about [them] and what they could do to you

'ello

I'm Nephthys Angel by if you want to call me Nephy or Angel when my username grows too tedious to type out every time, then by all means do so. As long as I know its me you're talking to, it should be fine xD

I have grown up with a fasination for ancient cultures, mostly around the Mediteranian. Up until about the end of 6th grade, it was Greece, but now my attention has switched to Ancient Egypt and has stayed there ever since. I hope to pursue the career of an archeologist so any knowledge I obtain now will only help in the future ^^

I am particularily interested in mythology and the lives of the every day person who lived in ancient Egypt. If anyone has a website with a bunch of Egyptian myths, I'd love to take a look at it as I have read very few of them. I know a few, like how Horus came to power and avanged his father, how Sekhmet became Hathor and popular ones like that. But I'm sure there's different versions floating around like there are for the Greek myths... anyway, any that you have is more than what I have right now xD

I will turn 17 this April, and I currently live in Cali as a junior in highschool.

How much would you [respect] them if they were the ones who had their hands around your neck and they had the choice To release their grip on your throat or to just

keep

P.R.E S.S.I.N.G.

...think about it

Nephthys Angel

Ruthless Survivor

Katie Tatie Tot

8,200 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:34 pm
Hello all ! My name is Katie and I'm 23 yr female living in Austin, TX. I've never left the USA but I day dream about it constantly. I still live with my Dad but he's usually out riding his Harley motorcycle and I am a full time student in College.

Not sure what my Major is yet so I'm just taking basic core classes. The more I think about it though, Egyptology would be perfect for me hahaha !! I'm looking into it right now.

I didn't know anything about the Kemetic Orthodox Faith until I looked at some posts here today so now I'm interested in joining that as well... so far, I LOVE THIS GUILD!!! heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:15 pm
I'm Stella. I live in Detroit, Michigan, USA where yes, the weak are eaten. Sometimes you see "where the weak are killed and eaten" but we don't always bother with that first bit ... burning_eyes

OK, as you can see I have a rather odd sense of humor. I'm, um, an "older" Gaian but growing up is rather overrated, IMO. I'm also back in college, getting my MBA and studying Chinese. But Egypt and the Netjer have long been an interest of mine. I've been a practicing neo-Pagan for something like a dozen years now, and pulled strongly to the Egyptian deities as timeless and boundless.

I love anime, movies, cats, my husband and ancient history as well.  

stellacadente

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

Saint Lucifer 1590

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:11 pm
i am one of the demon gods holder of i of the gates keys osiris, hades, and i are the 3 gate keepers only we can open the gates of hell and we keep the demons and dark souls from excaping.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:40 am
Hello, my name is Ariel (Alex as well, if you prefer to call me, only cause some people called me that cause of the Madagascar movies, lol), and I'm a 18-year old still in high school, and wishing to become an actress. One of my particular intersets, is that of many international cultures, and one of them involves Egypt.
When I was homeschooled before September 2003, I was studying many ascepts of different countries, cultures, and sometimes animals. I've fell in love with the ancient history and culture of the Egyptians, and I wish to travel there one day.
I also found myself obessed with The Mummy film series, and of course, Brendan Fraser, whose been one of my favorite actors for quite awhile. It's interseting, but rather enjoyable, too. I still wanna star in action/adventure films when I'm on the set when I start my acting career, and perhaps Egypt will hopefully become one of my future filming locations.
Now, if I were to go to Egypt now, it'll probably cause I would be dragged along there for soke odd reason, since I'm still trying to finish off my years in high school, and when the right time comes, I wanna be ready for anything, just with the help of hieroglyphic studies and learning the Egyptian and Arabic languages, and then I'll be set for the plane!  

FireSeekerBasil

MIXprints

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:33 am
    Well, howdies.

I'm MIXprints. Mix is fine enough if you were to address me... and hum..yeah.. I'm here..basically because, of uhm..interest for Egyptology.

I'm fifteen, as of the moment, but I'm turning a leaf older by June... and also by then, off to college. You see, the system of education is different here in the Philippines. I'd go off topic if I proceed...PM me if ever you're interested anyways.

c:

I developed a liking for the subject during grade school when an aunt gave me a book with a compilation of Bible stories...you know, the ones simplified enough for kids to understand. Of particular notice was the Moses thingy. See... it came with illustrations too, and almost instantly I fell in love with the depiction of Ramses there. xD. No, I'm not gay if that's what you're presuming already.

Researching was bound to ensue then. I didn't have a computer yet by that time so I resorted to Encyclopedias... Nefertiti's bust..yes the icon... completed the recipe for a budding affection.

I also am particular with Akhenaten... Amenhotep IV, was it?

:O

Then, I'm also wanting to learn. My knowledge of mythology is nothing but fetal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:18 pm
I've been interested in ancient egypt since highschool. I've always been interested in ancient cultures- actually, that's one of my majors. However the uni I go to doesn't have any degrees for Egyptology, how depressing. My area of concentrated study is ancient China, in particular the Song and Tang Dynasties and my thesis most likely is going to be on foot binding.

But ancient egypt is one of my passions, and I focus a good amount of independent research on it. (But that's cuz I'm trying to write a novel set in ancient egypt). I also love anime, anything Japanese, particularly kimono, drawing, writing and reading. I love reading books set in ancient egypt but I'm rather particular about which ones I read- I HATE ones that skewer the known facts. And I tend to talk to much so I'm gonna shut up before I start rambling.  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

Limonstrosity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:52 am
I refuse to introduce myself due to chronic laziness.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:50 pm
Ello! I'm Icedesert! Call me whatever. I don't really care what you call me...
I got enthralled in ancient cultures at a tender age.
(I made it a point this summer to study Aztecs.)
But I'm procrastinating in studying Celtic Mythology. It's sad because I have rich Irish heritage, and I don't feel like studying my ancestor's religion just yet.
What's my favorite God/Goddess?: Sekhet and Anubis. They would make a cute couple. Unfortunately, Sekhet is married! XP
My favorite Pharaoh: Nefertiti! She kicked chauvinistic society to the curb!

Quote:
chronic laziness

I suffer from this also.  

Homeless Hum

evolvingwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:15 am
My name is Grace. I am currently 20 and living in upstate NY. I have a cat named Pharaoh Mau who is the most wonderful being I've ever met. Truth be told, I named him BEFORE his vet told me he probably has Egyptian Mau in him!! XD Well, let's see... I wrote a lot about myself on my profile page, so if you'd like, feel free to check it out. As far as religion goes, I suppose I am somewhere between Kemetic Ortodoxy, Wiccan, Pagan, and some of the Native American beliefs I was taught as a child. I was raised United Methodist, but since religions have always interested me, I have come to realize that I believe in more than what most do. Christianity, while great, isn't for me. I believe in reincarnation. I practice crystal healing when I can. I believe in charms and spells, but rarely practice them myself. Above all, I worship the goddess Bast. I am a literature maniac and have more books laying around than is probably normal, but that's okay! ^_^ I'm unsure what else to write right here, so please feel free, as I stated earlier, to check out my profile page or comment/pm me. I am excited to learn more about the present day Kemetic faith, so if you know anything please contact me. I've tried the websites dedicated to such things, but they all seem old and outdated. Thanks! I look forward to getting to know everyone!  
The Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff