Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
The Giggling Pear! [Retired FW 09] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 303 304 305 306 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:44 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Welcome to the School Kitchens! The kitchens at Hogwart's are located directly beneath the Great Hall in which the students and teachers eat the delicious food prepared here by those known as House Elves. To get here, you must take the door to the right of the main staircase in the entrance hall and follow the corridor until you come to a large painting of a a bowl of fruit. After you tickle the pear, which becomes a door handle, step inside and gaze at the high ceilings and a great brick fireplace at the end of the room. What awaits in this secret room?

Students are most welcome to come and converse with the elves!
Any new members who have questions, read below!

Welcome to the School Kitchens! I am Alicia elf, the Head Elf here at Harry Potter Guild of Gaia. It is strongly suggested you read the following posts because it will more than likely help you as much as possible here in Harry Potter Guild of Gaia (HPGoG).

What is a House-elf??
(more information on this is located in a different post)
Well, house elves are the new members of this guild who haven't been sorted. You are a house elf until you meet the requirements to be sorted, and until you log on during a sorting week to get sorted. House elves cannot participate in any student activities. So, what can they do? Well, they can post, write for the Hogwarts Monthly, participate in Guild Activities (there is usally a separate thread just for elves, however they are not limited to it), they can participate in Elf Classes (Cleaning and Cooking), and they can promote guild loyalty. The idea is that we'd like you to gain some Guild pride before you boast your house pride, since there are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin houses in most other Harry Potter guilds. Don't see this as a limitation, see it as an opportunity to RP as a character you wouldn't have ever considered using before!

Do I have to be a House-Elf??

The Entrance Hall mini Q&A post
I don't want to be a house elf! I want to be something else! Don't I have ANY other options!? what about that guy from a different school, he's not a house elf. And I think I read somewhere that you can have ghosts? I DON'T WANT TO BE A HOUSE ELF!!! scream
Note from Katie: Being a house elf simply means you're new. Our exchange student has been a loyal member for a while now. He discussed his request with Pinkie and I before he joined the guild.
As for ghosts; that's just an idea for now. Ghosts are going to be our most active members, to be trusted with putting together our guild's events. So you wouldn't be able to just walk into the guild and be a ghost. You have to earn your position just like everyone else does.
I believe Pinkie said: "If you expect to walk into Hogwarts on your first day and expect some glorious title, then I don't think you should be here."
I'm not saying you shouldn't be here. I'm just saying that it's somewhat rude to expect special treatment when there are many other members who are elves just like you.
It feels especially rude to me, because I'm the one who goes through the lists and keeps the member lists organized so the members can enjoy our unique little spot in Gaia. So, if we were to accomidate your request, it would involve a lot more work for me, because once we do it for you, we'll have to do it for anyone who asks...
And finally, ask yourself this: Which would you rather the mods discuss; making multiple titles for new members, or finding ways for new members to be more involved? It's your choice...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:46 am
What Can A House Elf Do Exactly??
Here at Harry Potter Guild of Gaia, we try to make an elf's role as important and fun as possible. Elves can do all sorts of things! They can play games in Spinner's End, open or participate in discussions in our Discussion forum (Heard it in the Hallway), help plan events, and importantly, RP! Unfortunately Quidditch is limited to the sorted members.
Any further questions on the subforums, please visit the Entrance Hall

Elves are extremely important to the Role-Playing here in the Kitchens. Feel free to make your own identity and make it known!
Elves are free to visit and post anywhere in the guild EXCEPT HOUSE COMMON ROOMS!
Unfortunately those places are reserved for sorted members xp I recommend these places for RPing:
  • The Giggling Pear (a sort-of common room for elves)
  • Whatever class house-elves get
  • The Great Hall

It is strongly suggested house-elves do not RP anywhere not specified.

The most important job of a House-elf at HPGoG is to get the word out! Tell all your friends in Gaia about it! There is sooooo much to do!
Promoting guild activity gets you noticed by the Heads, and most importantly, Professor Adonis, our Headmaster.

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:48 am
Current House Elves
Last Updated: 29 Nov. 2009
*names are alphabetical!
**Names in BOLD are eligible for Early Sorting

_Loyal-Lilly_
-werewolf-grl-743-
arika-toteshi-ka
Aunt Slappy
Birdie_18
Calli Lenin
Calliste Varne
Chaize
cobbets
Crystal Of Quills
curlycute6
doublelifegirl357
Elvendork7
Fiyori_Takeshi
Gambler of Artix
get up and try again1998
HEY-its-FRED123
hpgog_pevees2
Hypergoth1
Iaishii
IceeWitch
ii_Sexy_Azn_S8er_ii
intoxicatedsmiLes
iStarrLight
Jadeone95
Jinn Chung
KaosSiren
KIWI1781
lady bellatrix_black
Lady Enoimerah
LadyGaGaLT
Lilsavy13
Little-Sweet_Misery-
LittleMisha18
Lokister13
LovableSan
Lune the Looney
mamaboy1997
Miramel Frost
Missy Eevee
Misty_wolf_of Alagaesia
Moonlight_Envy368
Morb13
nadinerater
pandachick7
Patchist
peacegal45
Peak Green
PervyKirby
PhilbertTenderbean
Pineapple-Robinson
PumpkinQueen101
Random Laughing
raven of midnight
RileyGinnyJacobs
Serenus Vindicta
sheepFTW v2
shimmybabe
Spiral Tuboflex
Srg-Slyth
Starlight_Twixy
starofheart09
The Queen Lana
The Questionable Shieka
The Squealing Piglet
The_Jester_Thief
therougeslytherin
tistis102
trishamonkey
uni_spiral
We_ Are_ Paramore
x_EnDrIa_x
xfire-spiritx
XShikamaruFan1X
xsilentxchakrax
xXToxic-Cookie-LoveXx
xXxForbidden DeathxXx
Zivyn
ZoyciteW

Special Names
Grey_Temerity, dragons375, HogwartsMonthly, Hope Maxime Hagrid, HPGoG Train Conductor, HPGoG Trolley Witch, Pirate Pinkie, Professor Baloony, [Shorty], Game Master 2626

IMP: Inactive elves will be BANNED.
If you see your name is misplaced in any way:
A.) You are no longer a house-elf
B.) You are a house-elf and your name is unlisted
C.) You are eligible to be sorted but your name isn't bold
PM IceeWitch or TheRestless immediately so one of us can make necessary changes.
This is a long list and I'm sure there may be some mistakes so don't hesitate to PM us

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:49 am
~~Elf Activities~~

Check here for updates and things I would like you to do. Help me with this and I'll be sure to mention your name to the Heads! Also it won't limit your chances of becoming Elf of the Week! Elf of the Week includes recognition and a small prize funded by me. Your name will also be immortal on this post forever! I will choose the Elves of the Week based on suggestions by the Heads of Houses and other members. The Elf of the Week must show qualities of a Good House Elf.

Well I haven't had a contest in quite some time...let's see how this one works out.
One of the biggest slogans here at HPGoG is "Elf Pride is Guild Pride"
As many elves leave (to become students as you all one day will), the Kitchens seem empty. It's time to show some guild pride and get some new members in! So let's see who can invite the most people into HPGoG!
Also, make sure the people you invite are literate because if their application is trashy, you won't get a point for them. Every person who recruits at least 5 (subject to change) people will get 500g! The winner will receive at least 1K (subject to increase)
Contest will end 15 October 2009 (subject to change lol)

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:51 am
No longer interested in being a house-elf? Ready to move up to the student level? Well let's see if you are eligible to be sorted.

Qualifications to be sorted:
All regular sortings start at the beginning of each term
  • You have to have been in the guild for at least three weeks before the sorting week starts..

• You have to have a minimum of 30 posts

• You must take the Sorting Hat test to find out which house you are in, found here:Sorting Hat

Here in Harry Potter Guild of Gaia we also have Early Sortings.
All early sortings occur between the 3rd and 7th week
Qualifications for Early Sortings:
*In addition to regular requirements*

• Two Choices
    • make 60 posts (It's not hard to get if you are really serious about the guild. It's easy to kill a few posts in our Game Section each day)
    • Make a good impression [reference] (Posting in different places and helping out will get you noticed by Heads, who might put in a good word)
and
  • Two choices:
    • invite 3 people to apply to the guild and mention the person's name in their application(And they must make what the mod reading considers a decent application; no net-speak and more than one sentence, gives a good impression)
    • turn in 3 Pieces of homework

When you are eligible, or have any questions about this, PM IceeWitch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:43 pm
*The elves have been feverishly remodeling the kitchens in time for the new term*

We is finally done!
*Alicia-elf annouces to the other elves with a sigh of relief*

Well let's get started.......

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:12 pm
Alicia elf looks around

*so many elves but why isn't anyone being here?*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:48 pm
*ish still all alone*

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:44 pm
alicia elf sobs on the newly remodeled kitchen's floors...

"The room must not be being good enough"
Where is everyone being?!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:24 am
alicia elf lives to serve students!

IceeWitch

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:46 pm
Juni pokes her head through the door and looks around.

"Any elves in here?" O_o

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:06 pm
*alicia elf runs up to the new visitor*
Yes miss! It IS a house elf here miss!*
Would miss like something? Treats, drinks, or chats?

*bows deeply*

IceeWitch

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:50 am
Juni steps into the kitchen fully.

"Hi, Alicia. ^_^ Slow day in the kitchens, eh? I wouldn't mind some chamomile tea and a couple chocolate chip cookies. I desperately need something to snack on. eek Er...if it's not too much trouble of course."

Juni looks about the kitchens feeling uneasy about the lack of usual busy house elf activity.

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 303 304 305 306 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff