Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply Crew Test Forum
Battle System FAQ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:05 am
1) we have no half damage thing... yes, you roll once per action ^_^

2) Well, there are a whole lot of actions that need them and our battle system is based on them so I would recommend you put them on your scroll.

3) You don't roll for dodge so as long as you don't roll a 1 you will attack him. So that answers 4th question too ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:20 pm
this is a very complex battle system,but im having trouble on the jutsu's how many can you have and does it depend on your level??  

Isuru Koriyashima

-c4-cyberlink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:31 am
it does only matter when you are starting with a character

-Students start with no jutsu's, unless a bloodline allows them to
-Genin start with henge/bunshin/kawarmi
-Chuunin start with 4 additional jutsus
-Jounin start with 10 additional jutsus
-ANBU as well
-Hunter-nin start with 12 additional jutsus
-a Kage starts with 18 additional jutsus

it's also kind of a requirement with me to know that many jutsus before you can graduate, you can't become a jounin with only 5 jutsu's for example

other then that, ven as a genin you can learn 20 jutsus, as long as you meet the requirements and train enough  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:33 am

User Image

I think i may finally get the battle system and the stats!!! WOOT!!!
Sorry if this is spaming or something but it was like a had to have a masters degree to even begin to play haha. But i think i get it now thank you previously asked questions.
User Image

Norian Darkeyes

Unforgiving Tactician

Norian Darkeyes

Unforgiving Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:35 am

User Image

So the jutsus um when you get additional ones you dont have to train in them you just say ok now i have these four new ones and bam just like that you do?
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:34 pm
nope, that's as starting values, the basic jutsus (kawarimi, henge, bunshin) are learned at the academy, the others need to be learned.

but sometimes we need a jounin teacher really bad, so someone can create a jounin profile immedeatly before going through all the previous ranks. then it's a biut strange when your jounin sensei has no techniques at all wink  

-c4-cyberlink

Norian Darkeyes

Unforgiving Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:51 pm

User Image

yes that would be strange and um so a jonin can only have 10 total or what
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:35 pm
I feel super stupid for asking, but its better to ask and feel stupid than not ask at all and be called stupid later...but what does DC stand for in this guild?

Because I'm going to be starting the long process of making a puppet ((or three)) once i graduate the acadmey and I saw it everwhere in the craft guide.  

YoungFlame

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:28 pm
I have no idea what it stands for either rofl Probably something like Dice Check. It's just, you know, the number you have to surpass to be successful in the action.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:56 pm
Thank you! Dice check sounds right, so i guess between us thats what it means.

Long live suna.  

YoungFlame

-c4-cyberlink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:38 pm
i always translated it as Dice Check as well, so we'll use that xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:51 pm
Oh, geez. The system is eating us newbies alive! burning_eyes

Alright, so before I go and make a fool of myself (which by the way, if you go and start training and you use the battle system wrong, do we get eaten and spat back out?) I'm going to ask a couple things.

But first, let's see if my info is right-

Okay, so I understand the whole 20-10=10/2=5 (example) and that's your mod. Then you add that to your dice roll to see if the attack/defense goes through. Aka, whichever person has the highest number after the roll. This also depends on what move you're doing, because some moves require dex. and whatnot and others need things like str. When you advance up the ranks, you get more points to add to your character. However, this doesn't mean you automatically learn moves. To learn new things you have to have a certain number of posts/practice.
When it comes to damage, each move has it's own range of damage. You add your str. or chk. or intl to the damage's high point and the lowest damage possible. Then to determine what the actual damage will be...this is where I'm not so sure...someone rolls the dice? I'm not sure if that last part's anywhere near right... sweatdrop

*phew* That's about all I know (at least I think I know).

I know I'm going to sound like a complete moron, and I know you've probably answered this to about every newbie out there, but:
Skill Points
HP/con mod
CP/chi mod
BAB
BSB
these things...how do I figure them out and what exactly are they?
(If it's easier to just PM the answers, then that's alright. I understand I just asked you like 10 questions all wrapped up into one)

Please don't kill me for being a dumb a** crying ! I've been reading and reading! It just keeps hitting a brick wall in my mind! gonk

theyaoigoddess

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:17 am
theyaoigoddess
Oh, geez. The system is eating us newbies alive! burning_eyes

Alright, so before I go and make a fool of myself (which by the way, if you go and start training and you use the battle system wrong, do we get eaten and spat back out?) I'm going to ask a couple things.

But first, let's see if my info is right-

Okay, so I understand the whole 20-10=10/2=5 (example) and that's your mod. Then you add that to your dice roll to see if the attack/defense goes through. Aka, whichever person has the highest number after the roll. This also depends on what move you're doing, because some moves require dex. and whatnot and others need things like str. When you advance up the ranks, you get more points to add to your character. However, this doesn't mean you automatically learn moves. To learn new things you have to have a certain number of posts/practice.
When it comes to damage, each move has it's own range of damage. You add your str. or chk. or intl to the damage's high point and the lowest damage possible. Then to determine what the actual damage will be...this is where I'm not so sure...someone rolls the dice? I'm not sure if that last part's anywhere near right... sweatdrop

*phew* That's about all I know (at least I think I know).

I know I'm going to sound like a complete moron, and I know you've probably answered this to about every newbie out there, but:
Skill Points
HP/con mod
CP/chi mod
BAB
BSB
these things...how do I figure them out and what exactly are they?
(If it's easier to just PM the answers, then that's alright. I understand I just asked you like 10 questions all wrapped up into one)

Please don't kill me for being a dumb a** crying ! I've been reading and reading! It just keeps hitting a brick wall in my mind! gonk

At least you asked! 3nodding I hope someone hasn't already PMed you the answers... o_o; XD anyway!

1) To determine damage, you add your chakra mod for ninjutsus and strength mod for taijutsus to the min. and max. damage. You can also add more damage to the max. side if you have the Taijutsu/Ninjutsu skills (+2 per 10 points in the skill).

Basically you do a random number, which is in the same place as Roll Dice xD

Skill Points - As an Academy student you start off with no skills. As in, no points in a skill. But you can have up to a maximum of 4 flavour skills with points in them.

Flavour skills are Knowledge, Craft and Perform. AKA things which give you character individuality and flavour :3

The skill point formula is (2+intmod)*4. So if your Int. is 10, making your mod 0, you will get 8 points :3

HP/con mod - Starting Hp is 10 + constitution mod.

CP/chk mod - Starting Cp is 3 + chakra mod xD

BAB - Base Attack Bonus, which is simply your level :3 We don't use it in battle, we use the Melee Attack Bonus for hand to hand and close range and Ranged Attack Bonus for long-range weapons :3

They are basically your BAB + str mod and BAB + dex mod respectively.

BSB - Base Save Bonus, which is half your level rounding down. Same thing applies, the BSB is only used to calculate the three types of Saves. Fortitude, Will and Reflex :3

Fortitude: BSB + con mod. Used for resisting poison and all that. Chakra sucking stuff.

Will: BSB + wis mod. Used for resisting genjutsu or breaking free of Shintenshin (Ino's jutsu).

Reflex: BSB + dex mod. Used for dodging of ninjutsu like those fire jutsus or Suiton: Daibakufu no jutsu xD The one that Kakashi and Zabuza used.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:39 am
Thank you soo much kouri-chan! It's finally clicking! I don't know if maybe it was the way I read it or what, but now it makes sense. Now, it's just a matter of trying to remember it all xp
Thanks again!

theyaoigoddess

Crew Test Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas