2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
they disapear
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 69

starry_mist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:11 pm
where do they go i don't think they should go to hell but how do they get to heaven if they never had a chance to even live?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:15 pm
I hope they go to heaven cry  

starry_mist

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:20 pm
Considering that the babies never sinned (as sin is a choice made to deviate from the perfection of God), then they would go to heaven.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:23 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Considering that the babies never sinned (as sin is a choice made to deviate from the perfection of God), then they would go to heaven.

true, but they never believed that Jesus died on the cross either.  

starry_mist

fantrl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:10 pm
They go to the same place children who die at the age of 1 or 2.

Wherever God takes them.

I'd like to think our God is merciful enough to bring them into heaven.

Unfortunately, the bible says nothing overt about this, and I'm not comfortable speaking for God where he has not spoken.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:14 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
I would slightly disagree with you on the sin thing. Psalm 51:5 says that we are sinful not only at birth, but at conception.  

fantrl

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:09 am
fantrl
I would slightly disagree with you on the sin thing. Psalm 51:5 says that we are sinful not only at birth, but at conception.

That was David lamenting over his adultry with Bathsheba (if I'm not mistaken. I know it was over some sin that he commited). The passage is poetic language, not to be taken literally.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:10 am
starry_mist

true, but they never believed that Jesus died on the cross either.

They never sinned, and, thus, never needed to be saved from that sin.  

ioioouiouiouio

Berezi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:02 am
I personally believe that they went to heaven.

Even though we humans are sinful by nature, if we never get the chance to act on it, I'm not sure how God would handle it. Although, once we're out of the womb, we sin pretty quickly (even a younger child knows how to lie or manipulate...).

But, I also think God would take the kid to heaven because the child never understood that they needed Jesus and that they had sinned.

But like others have said, I do feel kind of uncomfortable speaking for God on this, or anything that He himself didn't decree.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:58 pm
Berezi
Even though we humans are sinful by nature

How can humans be sinful by nature if we are (spiritually) made in the image of God?  

ioioouiouiouio

Berezi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:55 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Berezi

How can humans be sinful by nature if we are (spiritually) made in the image of God?
If we weren't, there would be no point to the cross. Because then, if one simply never sinned, they'd get to heaven.

But that is a good thing for me to think about. =)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:33 pm
Berezi
If we weren't, there would be no point to the cross. Because then, if one simply never sinned, they'd get to heaven.

But that is a good thing for me to think about. =)

Well, what was the point of the Cross?

To pay for our sins. If one has no sins that need paying for, then one doesn't need the cross.  

ioioouiouiouio

fantrl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:34 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Berezi

Original sin. Adam screwed it up for us all.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:20 pm
fantrl
Original sin. Adam screwed it up for us all.

The original sin has/had no effect on humanity as a whole. It killed Eve and Adam, but not us.  

ioioouiouiouio

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:07 pm
It all depends on what you believe. Some people I know believe that baby's don't get a soul until a certain time so it all depends on what you believe. No matter how or why a baby is in the body and he/she dies it's spirit goes to heaven automatically.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff