can they?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:05 pm
iruleandyouknowit
can they?
Are you a physicac? execuse the spelling  

rftkfan

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:23 pm
Yes. Anyone who believes in Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior is a Christian.

A more proper question would be 'is psychic activity biblical?' and the answer to that would be no. Considering that both types of psychic activity (spirit mediums and those who are simply 'well attuned' to the world) bypass God as a means of empowerment, psychic activity would be tantamount to idolatry.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:18 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Yes. Anyone who believes in Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior is a Christian.
Once you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you ceise to be a psychic. "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." John 14:15  

fantrl

Berezi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:42 pm
Well, there is the gift of prophecy.

But propehcy acknowledges the source of the knowledge as God.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:07 pm
fantrl
Once you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you ceise to be a psychic. "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." John 14:15

Even Christians sin.  

ioioouiouiouio

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:26 pm
Berezi

Right. I'm psychic and very involved with the spiritual realms and I have a friend who is too and we're both Christian's. As long as you follow the commandments from Christ and God and accept Christ as your savior and baptism you're a Christian. Of course some faiths don't teach baptism but each person can only decide for themselves in the end. But anyways yes Christian's can be psychic. I didn't ask for this "gift" but it happens and I don't know how to control it either. I personally believe we're all with it but some of us just forget or don't care to use it. If you were to tell me in 1998 that I would be psychic in 2006 I would have said you were crazy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:41 am
LittlePinky82
Berezi

Right. I'm psychic and very involved with the spiritual realms and I have a friend who is too and we're both Christian's. As long as you follow the commandments from Christ and God and accept Christ as your savior and baptism you're a Christian. Of course some faiths don't teach baptism but each person can only decide for themselves in the end. But anyways yes Christian's can be psychic. I didn't ask for this "gift" but it happens and I don't know how to control it either. I personally believe we're all with it but some of us just forget or don't care to use it. If you were to tell me in 1998 that I would be psychic in 2006 I would have said you were crazy.
Christians can be prophets. That is a spiritual gift that you have.

The word psychic traditionally has connotations of originating from somewhere other than God. Prophet, however, acknowledges God as the source.  

Berezi

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:51 am
Berezi
LittlePinky82
Berezi

Christians can be prophets. That is a spiritual gift that you have.

The word psychic traditionally has connotations of originating from somewhere other than God. Prophet, however, acknowledges God as the source.

That is true. Some psychics I know of just recognize a Higher power. No Diety in general but just someone. I recognize my higherself in contact with God and I believe that God is the only one who can see the ultimate and permanent future. Some psychics get information in different ways. I'm not sure how it works but it's always been reliable.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:05 am
LittlePinky82

That is true. Some psychics I know of just recognize a Higher power. No Diety in general but just someone. I recognize my higherself in contact with God and I believe that God is the only one who can see the ultimate and permanent future. Some psychics get information in different ways. I'm not sure how it works but it's always been reliable.

I'm kind of the same, in the sense that I have prophetic leanings. For the longest time I let that part of me languish/ I refused to acknowledge it. Although it manifests itself mostly in being burdened to tell people things. I know that it[my gift of prophecy] can really grow in me, and I think I'm ready for God to develop it now. For the longest time I wasn't though.  

Berezi

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:10 pm
Berezi
LittlePinky82

I'm kind of the same, in the sense that I have prophetic leanings. For the longest time I let that part of me languish/ I refused to acknowledge it. Although it manifests itself mostly in being burdened to tell people things. I know that it[my gift of prophecy] can really grow in me, and I think I'm ready for God to develop it now. For the longest time I wasn't though.

Yes there's lots you can do to practice your gifts. A lot of beginner psychics try little things like guessing who is on the phone when it rings before you pick it up or something. Little things like that. It's all about trusting what you get and learning how to trust yourself and everything. It takes a long time but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. I was the same way. I never really believed myself but then I was just so pulled to it it was pretty much hard to ignore and then vision's just come to you and in dreams and whatnot. But yes it'll all happen at the right time. If you ever want to talk about it feel free to PM me.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:26 pm
LittlePinky82
Berezi
LittlePinky82

Yes there's lots you can do to practice your gifts. A lot of beginner psychics try little things like guessing who is on the phone when it rings before you pick it up or something. Little things like that. It's all about trusting what you get and learning how to trust yourself and everything. It takes a long time but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. I was the same way. I never really believed myself but then I was just so pulled to it it was pretty much hard to ignore and then vision's just come to you and in dreams and whatnot. But yes it'll all happen at the right time. If you ever want to talk about it feel free to PM me.
Those little things are irrelevant to the kingdom of God. The only time I really get those impulses is when I actually need to say something that benefits God's work. I guess I'll see where He takes that.  

Berezi

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:56 am
Berezi
LittlePinky82
Berezi
LittlePinky82

Those little things are irrelevant to the kingdom of God. The only time I really get those impulses is when I actually need to say something that benefits God's work. I guess I'll see where He takes that.

Well the whole thing is that if you want to increase your abilities you can do little exercises. But if you're supposed to know something you'll really get it and it'll be to where you can't ignore it. But yes it's a really big nagging feeling inside you.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:59 am
LittlePinky82

Well the whole thing is that if you want to increase your abilities you can do little exercises. But if you're supposed to know something you'll really get it and it'll be to where you can't ignore it. But yes it's a really big nagging feeling inside you.

Believe me, I know how that goes. I wish there was a better word for it than nagging, though...  

Berezi

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:45 pm
Berezi
LittlePinky82

Believe me, I know how that goes. I wish there was a better word for it than nagging, though...

It's more like a pull towards something. I remember when I was younger I would have that feeling about something and I would ignore it and later it'd happen and I'd be kicking myself in the butt (not literally of course) so from after so many times I started just listening to that feeling. For some reason I always have this nagging feeling about John Kennedy's death and I'm practically obsessed with it and have been researching it for several years. Whenever I have freetime that is what I'm working on and I'm even thinking of changing my major next term to law so I can get the real killers.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff