Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oathkeeper; A Kingdom Hearts Guild

Back to Guilds

A healthy and dedicated Kingdom Hearts Guild. Celebrating 4 great years! 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Oathkeeper, Disney 

Reply Oathkeeper; A Kingdom Hearts Guild
Do you think Axel is selfish? MAJOR SPOILERS IN HERE! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Axel?
  Selfish
  Not Selfish at all
  Selfish at first, but not at the end
  Selfish-but i still love him.
View Results

tetrasmaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:51 am
Hm, well I was debating with a friend of mine who simply could not understand WHY so many liked Axel. She claims all that he had done was purely, for himself.

Quote:
what was axels reason for betraying zexion
I UNDERSTAND MARLUXIA, Larxene and Vexen Lexeaus kind of died on his own but everyone else was related to axel dude, Zexion wasnt even a threat to him they were like whole different timezones the worst zexion could have done was told the superious axel betrayed them, BUT HE DID not only that but he yells at his lover for betraying to organization

Hm, did you ever consider that maybe he left the organization because his lover(best friend) did ? D : Or maybe he finally felt guilty about a lot of that pseudo stuff? Or maybe he finally realized what the right thing to do was? His personality is so wishy-washy, that you can't really say.

Quote:
he can't feel guilty he doesnt have a heart

Then you can't really blame him for all the stuff he's done, since he wasn't following his heart or feelings then, can you? .

Quote:
i can logically the man still had a brain he was aware of what he was doing
OH SNAP, did I just out debate you Tiff? I think I did

No > : O! Even if he was aware of it, I guess he had his own reasons just like everyone else, right? Obviously, everyone was out to do THEIR own biddings, not the organizations. Including Zexion. Axel's choice of 'getting things done' was pseudo and perhaps manipulation. And he managed to beat down all the people he wanted to-- FREAKIN KUDOS. I admire that! In KH2, almost everything he did was for Roxas, and that was pretty much why he was so back and forth with the organization in KH2..felt so bad for him in KH2, how could you not? D:

Quote:
oh yeah, if you say it like that it seems so high and pure. but seriously now when did it ever show them acting as best friends or getting along? Did axel do it all for roxas, or did he do it so he could have roxas around so he could feel like he has a heart. YOU ARE CONCENTRATING ON HIS ID WHEN HE'S ACTING ON HIS SUPER EGO
you do remember with in the first 3 hours of the game axel tries to kill roxas, right?
Yeah, it was so he could try and awaken Roxas' old memories so that he wouldn't merge with Sora

But in the end, why would he give away his whole being, if he wanted Roxas for HIS sake?
He obviously helped Sora because he saw Roxas

Quote:
that or so he wouldnt 'get turned into a dusk'

Noo ><;He was saying how he wanted to see Roxas again because he made him feel like he had a heart, and then *poof* Y_Y He's gone. Even if he didn't want to become a dusk, he didn't have to help Sora to not become one

Quote:
Axel is the type who says one thing and does another
you're saying it was his love for Roxas that made him kidnap kairi, made him betray everyone, made him attack roxas himself. yet since he doesnt have a heart he can't really love him. So it was his own selfish needs to feel like he has a heart that motivated him to do it all
kudos axel, you're still selfish

It really is! Actually, he even killed Vexen because of Roxas. It was Vexen's fault that Sora almost found out about Roxas being his nobody. But Axel also sent the Riku-replica to kill Zexion so that the replica could fight the real Riku. So Zexion might of been in his way there. You could see him as selfish, and you can see him as caring in the end.. It's all how you look at it. I really DO think he did it all for Roxas, rather than himself. His ending DYING words were about how he basically misses Roxas. Why would he say something like that, why would those be his ending words if he only wanted to 'feel like he had a heart'. I think in the end, he felt like he really did have one, because in the end he actually cared Dammit you! > : O -sigh gasp, puff weeze- BTW, why would he tell Sora to tell Kairi he's sorry if he didn't care? HMM? Why would he tell Sora where Kairi is? I mean, he's just so selfish and all, why would he do something like THAT, EHH?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:47 pm
Axel may be selfious but, his actions when it comes to Roxas kind of make up for it, no?  

saibloodrose

Bandit Kite Wind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:54 am
Axel was selfish at the beginning, but hes one of my favorite characters. I still think his last words should have been, "Got it memorized?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:52 pm
Axel had his selfish moments, but all he really wanted was to see Roxas, and for him to remember. When he died, I think it was clear that he wasnt exactly so selfish, since he actually helped Sora, or at least tried to.

In Chain of Memories, he was a bit more conceited, but it was all made up for......commit that to memory. ^_^

Rei___x3

Skully-verse

Versatile Explorer

6,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:18 pm
Rei___x3
Axel had his selfish moments, but all he really wanted was to see Roxas, and for him to remember. When he died, I think it was clear that he wasnt exactly so selfish, since he actually helped Sora, or at least tried to.

In Chain of Memories, he was a bit more conceited, but it was all made up for......commit that to memory. ^_^

You should've said "Got it memorized?" instead of "commit that to memory." there Rei___x3. 3nodding

Anyways, I agree with you Rei, he did have his selfish moments, and he had his not-so-selfish moments. He was a was a fair bit more selfish in Chain of Memories, but hey, I would be too if everyone was getting in my way and was making me mad, especially Malruxia evil I hate him and his pink-haired flower-power ness...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:11 pm
Bandit Kite Wind
Axel was selfish at the beginning, but hes one of my favorite characters. I still think his last words should have been, "Got it memorized?"

qft. Axel was an awsome character  

Neros123

Judgemaster Kaseron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:47 am
Oh, yeah Axels so selfish....He quits the Organization, putting his life in jepordy and then dies for his best friend. Hes such a solf centered a*****e.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:30 pm
Bandit Kite Wind

That'd be kinda funny... ^_^  

cheriko-chan

pinkminastarr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:02 pm
Rei___x3

Axel's just Axel!User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:19 am
Axel only seems selfish but he's doing everything that he does for his best friend Roxas  

Shinn Natsume

cloud1345

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:36 pm
well i think hes selfish but his actions are pretty much for his friend  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:56 pm
So he isn't selfish because most of his actions were for Roxas? Wrong. He didn't want what was best for Roxas, he wanted to be with Roxas. That's all. Roxas wanted to be complete with Sora again, Roxas probably wanted a heart as well. It was made pretty clear that Sora needed to reunite with Roxas so the fact he tried to keep them apart for his own petty needs as a Nobody was pretty darn selfish.  

Truthiness3x4

tetrasmaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:23 pm
FallsInLoneliness
So he isn't selfish because most of his actions were for Roxas? Wrong. He didn't want what was best for Roxas, he wanted to be with Roxas. That's all. Roxas wanted to be complete with Sora again, Roxas probably wanted a heart as well. It was made pretty clear that Sora needed to reunite with Roxas so the fact he tried to keep them apart for his own petty needs as a Nobody was pretty darn selfish.

You know what's cute? *highlight below because I guess it could count as a spoiler*
In the KH2 Final Mix trailor you showed me, Roxas and Axel were sitting on the clocktower together, and Axel had that seasalt icecream in his hand <3 LOL this is so irrelevant.
Okay, so, if your best friend lost all of their memories of you, you wouldn't want to be with them? Want to try and get them back? You would be selfish for trying to do so then? If that counts as selfish, well then it's for a good reason. If you had no heart, and you wanted to see that someone who made you feel like you had one one last time, is that so wrong? Roxas wanted a heart. All of the nobodies wanted a heart. :/ Did he REALLY want to be complete with Sora again, or did he want to be his own person? I mean, at the end he seemed fine with it, but I still wonder about what he REALLY could of wanted. If Roxas had a choice to be seperated from Sora and get all of his old memories back, what do you think he would choose? : O It's not Axel's fault he wanted his friend back. >_< If Roxas reunited with Sora, then yeah, Axel would never see him again! He didn't want to lose Roxas, obviously. And that is NOT wrong! >:'(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:37 pm
I believe he was selfish in the beggining, and a bit at the end. He 'sacrificed' himself to help Sora, but he really wanted to see Roxas.  

Becka Minato

tetrasmaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:01 pm
Becka Minato
I believe he was selfish in the beggining, and a bit at the end. He 'sacrificed' himself to help Sora, but he really wanted to see Roxas.

Okay, I don't understand this reasoning, because if he wanted to see Roxas, why would he bother telling Sora where Kairi was, and why would he sacrifice himself in the first place? He knew that he wouldn't be able to see Roxas by that point.  
Oathkeeper; A Kingdom Hearts Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff