Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Cat_Burn

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:24 am
Sometimes i like to look nice, and sometimes i feel like being casual...it all depends on how much time i have to get ready.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:27 pm
I think that if you have the means you should try to dress a little formal to church. I don't appreciate when boys come to church with sagging jeans and du rags or women come in outfits that are just not appropriate for a church. That annoys me.  

GO-YAFFA

pnai_pride777

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:42 pm
well modesty and decency is the key

me and my parents dont have fancy formal outfits to wear to church [[when we go]] so whenever we DO go we wear nicely pressed jeans no holes or chains or anything and a modest shirt.

my friend she told me she went to this one church as she was wearing a black jacket with a red t-shirt. she said people started to step back.
=/ i didnt know u could be terrified or red and black that much =/ when i was younger i wore a black and green dress to my church =/

as long as we nice and modest i guess you know, keep it covered  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:15 pm
PoppyDadswell
promised_child
the terrorists arent just attacking the USA. there have been attacks in Spain, France,Germany,Italy,Jordan, Isreal, England. its just a matter of time till Ireland is attacked as well, and when that occures England and her Allies will defend Ireland because you cannot for the reasons you yourself stated. my previous posts were not about Christians or Jews. I myself am a Messianic Christian. Terrorism isnt the fault of the Americans. We had done nothing to provoke the attack on 9/11. Why would "turn the other cheek" apply to an Islamic terrorist who attacks my country but you wont do the same when you disagree with my posts?

i dont think ireland will be attacked because we are too minor a country and do not have troops in a iraq.northern ireland could be attacked to get at england but it would be a waste of time of because we would blame local terrorists.i dont know if england would help us.terrorism isnt the fault of america but america did bring the terrorism on its self invading other countries and killing civilians.as did england and i am disgusted with those english soldiers who were acquitted of abusing iraqi civilians when there was evidence.they jailed the lieutant but not the majors.i disagree with your posts but i am not attacking you.theres a difference.what is a messianic christian?

before we were attacked- we werent in Irac and as for the Gulf War, Russia invaded Afghanistan and they called on us to help get rid of the russians, in the 90s the US embassy was attacked and bombed, so we werent there anymore, please tell me what countries we invaded. as for the English soldiers who were aquited, the American soldiers who were accused of abusing terrorist (where there was evidence) were dishonorably discharged and put in prison. what about spain and germany? and it doesnt matter that Ireland is small, they will attack when they want to.  

promised_child

bonbon56

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:36 pm
Spastic waffles
I know different denominational churches have different dress codes.

What is your denomination, what is your view on clothing in and outside of church, and why do you think that?

Me?

I am a non-denominational christian.

I believe that on Sundays you should dress however you feel within reason. My typical Sunday outfit is Jeans and one of my nicer T-shirts. Occasionally I'll wear a button-up shirt or something like that, but I almost never wear skirts, in or outside of church. Outside of church I dress fairly modestly.

I believe that God doesn't care what you wear, that it's what's inside that counts, although you shouldn't dress incredibly immodestly or anything like that, and I would never dream of wearing ratty jeans and t-shirts to church. I wear my nicer jeans and t's.

That's exactly how I dress....creepy... haha

anyways, I believe that when you are out in the world, you are representing your God. If people see you dressing immodestly, they might get the wrong idea about the church, but it's your decision. When you go to church, you're entering God's presence. God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords...he's God! So you wouldn't wear a revealing shirt in front of the Queen of France or the Emperor of Japan, so why would you dress inappropriately in front of GOD?! It doesn't make sense. Present yourself nicely in church, if you respect your Lord and Savior.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:29 am
I believe that the Lord looks on the heart, as others have said. I think wearing what makes you feel comfortable worshipping and fellowshipping with other believers is important. If you are so focused on what you're wearing and how you feel (good or bad), you won't be able to concentrate on the Lord and give Him His due worship. I wish some people in church didn't get so hung up on this stuff, you know? There are much more important things to worry about. Besides, if we really wanted to dress the way the Lord wants us, we would go back farther than 1950 or 1850 and all the way back to 30 A.D.!  

chatula

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:06 am
promised_child
PoppyDadswell
promised_child
the terrorists arent just attacking the USA. there have been attacks in Spain, France,Germany,Italy,Jordan, Isreal, England. its just a matter of time till Ireland is attacked as well, and when that occures England and her Allies will defend Ireland because you cannot for the reasons you yourself stated. my previous posts were not about Christians or Jews. I myself am a Messianic Christian. Terrorism isnt the fault of the Americans. We had done nothing to provoke the attack on 9/11. Why would "turn the other cheek" apply to an Islamic terrorist who attacks my country but you wont do the same when you disagree with my posts?

i dont think ireland will be attacked because we are too minor a country and do not have troops in a iraq.northern ireland could be attacked to get at england but it would be a waste of time of because we would blame local terrorists.i dont know if england would help us.terrorism isnt the fault of america but america did bring the terrorism on its self invading other countries and killing civilians.as did england and i am disgusted with those english soldiers who were acquitted of abusing iraqi civilians when there was evidence.they jailed the lieutant but not the majors.i disagree with your posts but i am not attacking you.theres a difference.what is a messianic christian?

before we were attacked- we werent in Irac and as for the Gulf War, Russia invaded Afghanistan and they called on us to help get rid of the russians, in the 90s the US embassy was attacked and bombed, so we werent there anymore, please tell me what countries we invaded. as for the English soldiers who were aquited, the American soldiers who were accused of abusing terrorist (where there was evidence) were dishonorably discharged and put in prison. what about spain and germany? and it doesnt matter that Ireland is small, they will attack when they want to.

you know no ones going to attack ireland except our own people.we donmt need other terriorists-we've got our own homegrown terrorists.besides we dont have a problem with muslims in ireland.anyway we dont support wars so no one is that interested in us.we are just too small to be acknowlaged!as for america well america has invaded iran,iraq,afghanistan,veitnam and korea.evidence of the abuse has been seen by photos and videos and the false imprisonment with trial at guotanomo bay.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:31 am
GO-YAFFA
I think that if you have the means you should try to dress a little formal to church. I don't appreciate when boys come to church with sagging jeans and du rags or women come in outfits that are just not appropriate for a church. That annoys me.

Do you believe that God is everywhere?  

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:15 am
Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori
GO-YAFFA

Do you believe that God is everywhere?

yes  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:49 pm
chatula
If you are so focused on what you're wearing and how you feel (good or bad), you won't be able to concentrate on the Lord and give Him His due worship. I wish some people in church didn't get so hung up on this stuff, you know? There are much more important things to worry about. Besides, if we really wanted to dress the way the Lord wants us, we would go back farther than 1950 or 1850 and all the way back to 30 A.D.!

i think thats a really good point idea !its interesting really.theres a liberal beachy amish groupin my country i'd like to join.they dress the same for church and day-to-day life.they believe in not just dressing right for one day a week but everyday. heart  

PoppyDadswell

StrongTower200

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:38 am
Spastic waffles
I know different denominational churches have different dress codes.

What is your denomination, what is your view on clothing in and outside of church, and why do you think that?

Me?

I am a non-denominational christian.

I believe that on Sundays you should dress however you feel within reason. My typical Sunday outfit is Jeans and one of my nicer T-shirts. Occasionally I'll wear a button-up shirt or something like that, but I almost never wear skirts, in or outside of church. Outside of church I dress fairly modestly.

I believe that God doesn't care what you wear, that it's what's inside that counts, although you shouldn't dress incredibly immodestly or anything like that, and I would never dream of wearing ratty jeans and t-shirts to church. I wear my nicer jeans and t's.

I agree with you one hundred precent. However, I attend a church where they make you wear a suit every sunday...It is SO annoying. I don't see the point. I don't feel as if God will love me any less if I wear some jeans and a nice t-shirt. It just gets on my brain, you know.

Now when it comes down to outside of church, Thats where my questions fall. Not to call out the women, but as A Christian, It might not be such a good idea to give your brothers in Christ "SO Much To Look At". I see girls who are christian walking around in booty shorts and tank tops every day (I go to a christian school), and its rough. I am a guy after all, and the more skin you show, the more I am gonna look. I asked my gf once about why girls dress like that even as Christians. She said because loose, covering clothes make you look like a granny. Thats all well and good, but why comprimise instead of upholding your brothers in Christ. Guys are visual, you know.?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:41 am
pnai_pride777

me and my parents dont have fancy formal outfits to wear to church [[when we go]] so whenever we DO go we wear nicely pressed jeans no holes or chains or anything and a modest shirt.

my friend she told me she went to this one church as she was wearing a black jacket with a red t-shirt. she said people started to step back.
=/ i didnt know u could be terrified or red and black that much =/ when i was younger i wore a black and green dress to my church =/

Its funny you should say they, because I don't see alot of modest Christian girls today...I mean I guess modesty does nto go well with todays hot fasions, and its hard to find modest clothes, but I see more and more Christian girls walking around in booty shorts and with their breasts hanging out as if it were totally fine, and has ni effect on those looking...

I like a girl who is modest with her dress. Modesty is sexy in my opinion.  

StrongTower200

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:50 pm
Ky-Kiske101
pnai_pride777

I like a girl who is modest with her dress. Modesty is sexy in my opinion.

thank you  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:58 pm
Be modest at all times, so you don't cause someone to stumble around you.  

nat.wwjd.09

secondthoughts101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:13 pm
i go to a non-denominational church, and noone really cares what you dress like. personally, i've got no preference, but i'll usually try to wear something decent looking. i think that the reason you're there is more important than what you wear, so i don't like it when people try to be judgemental because you're not wearing a dress.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff