Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply 40k Discussion
The Chaos Space Marines Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darth603

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:20 pm
Ackturaz
Hmm.... Should I get a dreadnought for my World Eaters army?
Depends upon how your army is set up. WE dreads can fill several roles- tankbusting (which they aren't suggested for), close combat monsters (Possession, Mutated Hull, 2x DCCW, Destroyer), or simply as cheap fire magnets (smoke, 2x DCCW). How they fit in depends upon the rest of the list.

Sorry I couldn't give you a simple answer, but that just isn't a simple question.

And yes, the ForgeWorld dreads are nice. I just wish they'd make more generic cult dreads and vehicle kits instead of just the legions gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:24 pm
poxy putty is your pal!  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Lord Sivart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:59 pm
Ackturaz
Hmm.... Should I get a dreadnought for my World Eaters army?

Dreads are nice for a world Eaters army because they give you in character heavy weapons.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:13 am
Khyos

Ok, heres a question.... currently Im working on converting a Grey Knight Model and Disk of Tzeentch into a chaos Soorcerer (I cant spell) riding a disk as the Chaos Lord for my Black Legion Army (when its finished Ill definatly post a pic ^^), who is going to have a Raptor Squad as bodyguards. now the only problem is Ive never used Raptors before...... Any advice for them in general? Equipment, tactics etc?? All helps appreciated ^^

Khyos

6,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

darth603

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:58 am
Khyos
Khyos

Ok, heres a question.... currently Im working on converting a Grey Knight Model and Disk of Tzeentch into a chaos Soorcerer (I cant spell) riding a disk as the Chaos Lord for my Black Legion Army (when its finished Ill definatly post a pic ^^), who is going to have a Raptor Squad as bodyguards. now the only problem is Ive never used Raptors before...... Any advice for them in general? Equipment, tactics etc?? All helps appreciated ^^
Raptors can take up to three assault weapons, so they can make a fairly good tank hunting unit...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:36 pm
darth603
Khyos
Khyos

Raptors can take up to three assault weapons, so they can make a fairly good tank hunting unit...
Really? Im just getting back into the hobby and was not aware of this fact.... *starts plotting the downfall of the Imperium using entirely Raptors.....*  

Khyos

6,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

darth603

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:06 pm
Khyos
darth603
Really? Im just getting back into the hobby and was not aware of this fact.... *starts plotting the downfall of the Imperium using entirely Raptors.....*
Yeah, its a recent change. Old raptors could take one special weapon and up to two plasma pistols. Now its three off a list. They can also be kitted out other ways.

The thing to remember is that you don't have to use what everyone else does. Berzerkers with bolters, multi- assualt weapon raptors, dual- DCCW dreadnoughts, and flying khornate possessed with chainaxes are only a few of the more unusual choices that you can have. Just take a close look at how everything is worded, and how they work with the new rules.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:56 pm
Wow...sounds like fun.  

Tojju

Lord Sivart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:22 pm
darth603
Khyos
darth603
Yeah, its a recent change. Old raptors could take one special weapon and up to two plasma pistols. Now its three off a list. They can also be kitted out other ways.

The thing to remember is that you don't have to use what everyone else does. Berzerkers with bolters, multi- assualt weapon raptors, dual- DCCW dreadnoughts, and flying khornate possessed with chainaxes are only a few of the more unusual choices that you can have. Just take a close look at how everything is worded, and how they work with the new rules.

I never used raptors very often, they lack protection from small arms fire...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:04 am
Lord Sivart
darth603

I never used raptors very often, they lack protection from small arms fire...
That's true, they're generally a rather weak unit unless they're specially tooled for a task, and even then they'll have to spend a lot of time hiding behind cover. They tend to act like either a one- hit wonder or vultures, depending upon how you play.  

darth603

greqrg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:24 pm
the raptors hit and run is pretty cool too  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Deadly squad of possessed. Mark of khorne (5 pts each, 5 pts of wargear), Daemonic Mutation (10 pts each, 10 pts of wargear.), Aspiring Champion (15 extra points), Bolt pistol and Khornate chain axes (1 pt each model, 1 pt os wargear.), Rage of khorne (15 pts added to wargear.), feel no pain (5 points each model, 5 pts to wargear), and Furious charge(3 pts each model and 3 pts to wargear.)

A ten man squad is 490 pts, and here are the basic stats.
Khornate possessed Pts. 46 WS4 BS4 S5 T4 W1 I4 A4 Ld10 Sv3/5
Khornate Champ. Pts. 76 WS4 BS4 S5 T4 W1 I4 A5 Ld10 Sv3/5

They all turn armor saves on enemies to 4+, unless it would be normally worse, they can roll a 4+ to live on a Shooting weapon between S1-7 with any armor piercing, the leader gets +d3 attacks on the charge. Thats tough. Up to 53, S6, I5 attacks that lower any armor saves better than 4+, and 39 S5 attacks that lower any armor saves above 4+ in the other rounds. Can you say termy killers.  

Drachyench

darth603

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:50 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Deadly squad of possessed.

Can you say termy killers.
First off, you shouldn't be quite so detailed in your posts- GW's legal horrors don't like it. If you'd said "Flying Khornate Possessed with Chainaxes" we'd have gotten the picture.

Second, possessed can't take veteran skills. Period.

Third, if you're spending that many points, give the AC an Axe of Khorne to get power weapon attacks with the "exploding 6" rule. And you might want to pare them down to 8 models total, instead of 10.

And yes, they're a menace to anything with a 3+ armor save or better, not just Termies.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:52 pm
They are, turn the 2+ save into 4+ saves, they still have up to 53 S5 attacks on the charge.  

Drachyench

Tojju

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:57 pm
Nice, I think I should try that squad out once or twice.  
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games