JC Superstar?
  LOVE IT!!!!
  It's pretty good, but not my favorite.
  Gross, Christianity.
View Results

sailor Z

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:56 pm
What's your favorite ALW show?
I think I'd have to say Jesus Christ Superstar, but Phantom is a close second.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:45 pm
I'd have to say that the ONLY Weber musical I can stand is "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."

Overall, I find ALW to be SO over-rated. All his shows are basically the same five tunes but with different lyrics each time it pops up. There is alwas ONE good song that is different from the rest that sands out on it's own, but that's it.

Prime example. Listen to Phantom of the opera and count all the times the melody to "Angel of Music" shows up.  

WickedElphie
Vice Captain

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

PensivePine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:50 pm
WickedElphie
Prime example. Listen to Phantom of the opera and count all the times the melody to "Angel of Music" shows up.

I know what you're trying to say, but in that case, I think it's more a case of a motif, not lack of creativity.

Still, whenever this topic comes up, I have to contribute. My favorite ALW musical, and one of my favorites in general, is and always will be Starlight Express ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:26 pm
WickedElphie
I'd have to say that the ONLY Weber musical I can stand is "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."

Overall, I find ALW to be SO over-rated. All his shows are basically the same five tunes but with different lyrics each time it pops up. There is alwas ONE good song that is different from the rest that sands out on it's own, but that's it.

I like that. I think it's cool. Maybe it's just me.  

sailor Z

Mister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:47 pm
I love Phantom. There's nothing that anyone can say to deter me. It turned me on to theatre in general when I saw it in 4th grade, and I have seen it twice since. It is just so entrancing that I forget about being in a theatre every time I watch it.
(The movie on the other hand... I now have a reason to use one of the new emoticons burning_eyes )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:52 pm
CATS. Period. rofl  

Katlynn

[ Amputated Freckle ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:26 pm
I must say, I'm not a big ALW fan

I prefer modern musicals

Call me anti-old-fashioned, but most musicals older than 15 years or so tend to be rather dull  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:17 am
Mister
I love Phantom. There's nothing that anyone can say to deter me. It turned me on to theatre in general when I saw it in 4th grade, and I have seen it twice since. It is just so entrancing that I forget about being in a theatre every time I watch it.
(The movie on the other hand... I now have a reason to use one of the new emoticons burning_eyes )
I liked the movie. I've seen it on stage and in the movie theatre, and I think they both have their good traits.  

sailor Z

Ophelias Bathwater

High-functioning Werewolf

13,725 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:13 pm
Funny story about Jesus Christ Superstar. My history teacher roomed with the original Jesus Christ (Jeff Fenholt)in college. Appearantly he had no previous theatrical experience and was singing in a bar or something when a talent scout was like 'how would you like to be on Broadway?' and that was pretty much that. He likes to tell me that story just to irritate me.

I'm a Phantom Phan.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:14 pm
Kate the Curse
Funny story about Jesus Christ Superstar. My history teacher roomed with the original Jesus Christ (Jeff Fenholt)in college. Appearantly he had no previous theatrical experience and was singing in a bar or something when a talent scout was like 'how would you like to be on Broadway?' and that was pretty much that. He likes to tell me that story just to irritate me.

I'm a Phantom Phan.
Jealousy! I wish something like that would happen to me.  

sailor Z

[SCENE]skank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:55 pm
Evita all the way baby!

Not that crap movie with Madonna. gross!
I love Madonna but her as Eva?
NO!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:40 pm
Cats, by far 3nodding  

thewoodsrwaiting

Pharaoh Ramases

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:55 pm
I like Phantom and JCSS, but I'm more partial to Joseph, mainly because I was in it.

But, my favorite is the one I'm currently in. (see sig)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
I probably like JC Superstar so much because I had a great experience being in it. It was the funnest show I've ever done. heart  

sailor Z

Pharaoh Ramases

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:36 pm
sailor Z
I probably like JC Superstar so much because I had a great experience being in it. It was the funnest show I've ever done. heart

It is a good show, but the last time it was in the area the director put a twist on it that I didn't like. He put it in modern times and gave all the disciples Uzis.  
Fun Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff