Dragostae
Captain

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:10 pm
The rules serve to bring everyone together to a level playing field. It is my job as GM to make sure people keep a level playing field. It makes the game more enjoyable and fair for other people.

1) This is a literate game. I do not tolerate bad grammar or bad spelling. I understand if you have a disorder that makes it difficult to spell properly or if your first language isn't English, but please, make a good attempt. Please, if you do have something like this, please, I need to know so that I don't throw out your application. This also means that you need to write out what your character is doing, instead of using asterisks (*character goes to the store*) to get your point across. Also, if you refuse to read past posts to figure out what's going on, the mods will not spoonfeed the plot to you. It is YOUR responsibility, as a player, to do your part of the job, and read the posts.

2) Romance is encouraged, but please, move it to PMs when it gets past PG-13. This is part of the Gaia TOS, and trust me, I don't need to see it.

3) Students and teachers may not leave the premises, except on University-sponsored field-trips. Your character faces expulsion.

4) Please be polite. 'Nuff said.

5) We discourage OOC while in the game proper. This isn't to say that we don't allow it, but when there are more OOC posts than IC posts, there's a bit of a problem. With this being said, if you have an absence of a week or more, without telling us (and please consider PMing that to me),you will be placed on probation. If you continue to not post after you have been placed on probation, you will be banned. If you must OOC in game, please make use of double parentheses. Thanks! Even then, we have a subforum within the guild to place your OOC comments.

6) I hate to get rid of characters. They bring a lot of flavour to our games. However, if you do not make a post for over a week (that's two days and a morning, IC), without letting us know beforehand, your character will be placed on probation. Additionally, if your character still has not acted in game for an additional week, you will be banned. Thank you. If you have not acted at all since joining, you will be dropped after two weeks, without any notice.

7) No God-moding/Powerplaying. You have one character. You cannot force other characters to do what you want. If you are caught doing this, you will be banned and not allowed to RP with us. I hate twinks. Don't be one.

8 ) When making your character, please post your secrets. These will be posted in our thread pertaining to member profiles. This does NOT mean that you would necessarily know that secret. If you want to be sure, PM the person with that particular secret and ask. If I find that you haven't, and you are wreaking absolute havoc because of that, you will be banned. See rule number seven.

9) Do not, under any circumstances, post in character if you have not been accepted. If that is the case, you will placed on our ban list. We have the Kiddie Pool for all new members. After placing your profile in the applications queue, please wait for a mod to determine whether you need further work in the Kiddie Pool or you start swimming in the Big Kids Pool! Be patient, listen to the mods. Additionally, accept all judgements from the staff gracefully, as we really don't want to deal with irate and bad roleplayers. We assess as we see fit, and if it will fit the roleplay. And see rule number eleven for what happens if you don't wait patiently.

10) No lurking! The mods and I want an active roleplay. Yes, I understand that sometimes writer's block kicks in, and the plot bunnies are few and far between. But, a short post is better than no post at all. If you have not acted at all since joining, you will be dropped after two weeks, without any notice.
Please see rule number six.

11) Don't annoy the mods! Seriously. We're human, and so we have limited capabilities. What we do might not please you, individually. However, it's for the good of the group. If you don't like it, tough. Don't PM us or contact us over IMs saying that you think it's unfair. And don't go nuts with your posting abilities. Trust us. It's the fastest way to get banned.

12) This is more of a suggestion, but I'd like to have donations, for contests and fun stuff like that. Please? Send them to Dragostae, please.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:11 pm
FAQs
Your mods get asked a lot of questions every day. Some of us are even getting fed up with it, especially the more short-tempered ones.

So we've taken a list of the most common questions and answers.

I am a non-teacher staff member or student. May I give out demerits?

No. That's reserved for the teachers. If you have a prefect character, yes, you may, but these need to be reported to an administrative member ASAP.

Oooh! I want to be mod! Can I be mod?
No. It is an earned position. Tori, Carice, Mercy, and Pixie know what they're doing. If we need further mods, we'll ask individuals to be mods. Asking to be a mod is a bannable offense. Keep that in mind.

I want to have a pet. May I have it at the University?
No. You may not have a pet.

I want to change my character's social status. May I?
No. It would be best to keep things like a social status constant, as we all know that social status is a b***h to change out. After all, the only way to change one's social status is to marry a station higher or lower, or to suffer extreme wealth or poverty, two things that are very difficult to do, given our take on the matter. Note that I am not giving permission for these to occur, unless you give me a really good reason, and you talk with Dragostae.

Can I ask you a million questions about what's going on in the story?

No. There are a few threads dedicated to tell you what's going on. Read them. It's not our responsibility to spoonfeed the roleplay to you. If you don't like to read, this is not the roleplay for you. I would strongly consider leaving if you do not like to read.

It's been more than three days since you updated the day and stuff.

We're probably holding it for a reason (e.g. we need a plot to catch up) So, just keep going or wait for further instructions from the mods. The key is to be patient. We're people, too.

I won't be able to show up to all the classes. Am I gonna flunk out and end up working at the burger joint up the street?
No. It's not a real school. We'll just NPC your character if you're not there. Hey, sometimes the teachers won't even be there. No big deal.

I'm gonna be away for a while. Please don't kick me out!

As long as you post it in the On Leave thread letting us know what happened to you, we can't be terrible ogres.

You put me on some sort of list for not posting and I don't want to be banned! How do I get off that list?
Easy. Post.

In the new subforums, can I have my own thread?

Yup. Just remember that it must follow the Gaian ToS, and that they are subject to deletion at any moment.

How come you haven't responded to anything?

Sometimes it takes us a while to answer. Please be patient.

OMG. I don't have my schedule or my room assignment. Am I doomed to roam the hallways forever?

Here's a checklist. If these haven't been done, don't whine to us about not having a room/schedule. However, if you did get them done, then whine. We need to know.

[ ]Have you applied for the roleplay?
[ ]Have you been approved by a mod?
[ ]Have you made your first post?
[ ]Have you contacted a mod?

Oh my god. The mods are awesome!

We know.  

Dragostae
Captain

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50