Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stallions of the Cimarron

Back to Guilds

Tags: breedable, horses, pets, roleplay 

Reply [OOC] Journals
Kesmi's story Book [Journal](No Posting Please) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:31 am
Orion Meets Jun(Played by Rae)

Orion: *Just watched the mare, before turning to the side and headed away from her. Silence was never something he liked. Not now and most likely not ever, even though silence was what he needed to read the stars above.* Whatever, keep your secrets. The world need not know of you...

Jun: -Wrinkles her nose again, snorting at the foal. Who did he think he was talking to her like that? And a youngling too!- You ignorant fool. You know nothing.. -swishes her tail angrily, her pendant glowing brighter.

Orion: *turned his head toward the mare, who's tail twitched as if he had struck a nerve. He merely shruged looking skyward. Watching the skies as if looking for something, something that wouldn't be out there in braod daylight of course... The Stars, he felt lost without them, but no more lost then this... Mute mare...* What's the matter? Lion got your tongue?

Junsei:: -Watches him for a moment, and looks upwards towards the sky as he did. Snowflakes fell lightly on and around her, waiting..- No lion. Most horses aren't worth talking to. -Looks back to him, a smile now crossing her muzzle- And I am not mute.

Orion: *looks at the mare and smiled lightly, as his skyward gaze had lowered again, a light dusting of snow covered his back just as it had upon his 'awakening'.* Finally sone with more logic to talk to besides three others, one who is too serious, one who thinks he can hide behind a snow flake. *Sighs* And the other who can't talk at all. *He sighed once more lookin at the mare from the tops of his eyes. He was somewhat happy to have someone else to talk to then the other three males...*

Junsei:: -Allows this information to sink in before bursting out laughing- You think that's bad? I can only talk to my sister.. somehow we can speak to each other with our thoughts... I could speak to her out loud but then anyone else could jump in on our conversations and just about everyone else.... they're a bunch of idiots. -closes her eyes and breathes in the cool crisp air. She looked back over to the colt curiously- Where's your mother? Where's your family?

*The black and white colt tilted his head to one side as he thought of what she had said. Speaking through ones mind to another? That was something to think about later on in years... if he could remeber about it.. Ears twitching he turned away from the mare, his face down cast as if someone had just scolded him.* I have no family, no mother. Not that I know of anyways. I woke upon this plain in the dead of night, freezing in the winter winds with only a faceless voice whispering my name... Orion. If that's not confusing I wouldn't know what was."

Her eyes flickered away and back up to the greycast sky, snowflakes falling from the dark clouds. "I'm sorry that happened to you Orion..." she began, really unsure of what to say. She exhaled, her hot breath showing in the cold wind. "You know they have three stars named after you, right? I think it's called... Orion's Belt. I don't know where they are though." Jun looked back up towards the sky wondering if she'd be able to see the string of stars when darkness came.

*turning his head a little back toward the mare, soon he looked back toward the grey cloud covered skies. He knew, it was the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes. The three stars that were in a perfect line. Turning around he looked up at the towering mare.* "Yea, I know about them. It was the first thing I saw and when I heard teh faceless voice. I don't know what it meant, I just took it as it was supposed to be my name." *He shook his head folding his shivering legs under neath his body and lay upon the cold, snow covered ground as the snow mare his celestial looking coat more white. His whole body shivered every now and again, just as it had the night he awoke on this plain.*

Hesitating a moment, Junsei sighed as she shook the snow from her body. She nudged the side of the little colt, before walking ahead of him, towards the river. "Now I don't know about you, but I'm quite thirsty. We should go get a drink Orion." Walking slowly, her ears twitching, she waited to hear if he would follow. She couldn't imagine how healthy he would be after just appearing in the night with no clue where he'd been, or even who he was. Maybe I could help him...

*Lifting his head up a little, feeling the warm breath of the mare against his side. Shaking the hazziness from his mind, the young colt staggered to his still numbing legs. Shaking out the cold feeling, trying to get the blood flowing again, though it looked as if he were ting to shake off some unseen foe. After a moment he quickly steppde up to be near the mare, his tail twitching behind him. A drink did sound good, his stomach still complained of not eating, but what was there to eat? All he could see was snow, snow and more snow.* "A drink sounds good, but finding something to eat would be good as well." He blushed under his black coat, small flushes could be seen on his dots, as his stomach rumbled it's agreement to that thought.

Junsei simled and nodded at Orion as they neared the river. "We'll go get something to eat after we get a drink. The river's frozen, but it'll shatter in a minute." Without skipping a beat, Junsei trotted the last few yards to the river, and reared up over the edge. As her hooves slammed down into the ice, she smiled watching a few small cracks form underneath her. She kicked into the ice again, and a large crack made it's way out of the spiderweb of cracks she was forming. Just one more.. she thought, slamming her hooves into the weakened ice. Junsei yelped and pulled her left hoof out of the hole that had formed, and the freezing water inside. She stepped back to allow Orion a drink and shook her head to get the snow out of her eyes.

*Young eyes watched the mare, who had yet to announce her name slam the ice with her hooves. Canting his head to the side, he wandered over and looked down at the water that trickled under the ice. It looked cold... Lowering his head small water droplets seemed to splash against themselves and up at his nose. Very cold indeed as he sneezed. Shaking his head he attempted to get a drink again, trying to ignore the cole that touched his nose. It was cold going down, but it soothed his dry throat at least. After a moment he pulled away from the hole to let the mare drink from it.* I hope this cold doesn't last, I don't know if I can stand it all too much longer." He shivered, the tremer moving from his head, down his spine and out his tail making it snap almost like a whip.

Junsei giggled as the young colt looked back to her after drinking; his muzzle was covered in frost. She shook her head, and walked onto the ice, dipping her muzzle into river. The water was freezing but it felt good and she shook her head again when she was finished. Walking back up the shore, she nodded for Orion to follow into the forest. "I know a place that's fairly warm even in this weather.. I'm not sure why, but I think it gets warm chinooks that come down from the mountains."

*Orion shook his head knocking off the frost that clung to his nose. Sneezing again he shivered and high stepped behind the mare. A warm place? That sounded wonderful, perhaps there would be som food there as well as his mind listened to his overly vocal stomach.* "That sounds great. It feels as cold right now as it had the night I awaken." he said as another shiver traveled down his spine, it felt like it was getting colder out as the hidden sun was apparently setting.

Junsei smiled slightly, and set a pace a bit faster than the one they had been at in the hoped it would warm Orion until they got to the clearing. She looked back once they hit the forest and smiled at him as she weaved in and out of the snowy trees. It was getting darker and darker as they moved, the oaks getting thicker, and she found that she could no longer see the young colt, though she knew he was still there, for she could hear him stumbling along behind her. "We're close." she whispered in the darkness.

*Orion, looking toward the large branchs over head, before looking forward again. His sight hindered by the darkness, but his hearing was well useful. Taking a deep breath, his legs still a little numbed from the cold he pressed on after teh female. He bound through the snow waving as she did, narrowly missing many trees that seemed to pop up out of no where. A couple times he bumped into a tree or two, but managed to stagger on after the mare.* "Where are we going?" he asked panting, reying to keep up in teh darkness.

Junsei's smile went unseen in the darkness, but she smiled, not only at his question but where they were. "To the clearing.. I was born there. I don't remember it clearly, but I remember how warm it was from the winds." She paused in her step, her smile growing as she ducked under the last branches and stepping into the grassy little meadow. She pranced around it happily, remembering her first night there, where she decided it was the last place she wanted to be because her parents were there. Turning back to where she entered, she beamed at Orion, laying down where she was. "Hungry?"

*Stumbling past the reachs of the branchs that scratched at his sides. Almost like hands that didn't want him to follow the mare into the clearing where the snow didn't seem to fall. Shaking the twigs from his short spiky mane he looked about the clearing and toward the mare that pranced about it and soon laid down upon the ground. His starry like gaze lookd about the clearing, it was warmer here as if he had stepped from his world and into another. Shaking the last of the cold from his body Orion's ears perked up at teh question. He had barely opened his mouth to answer when his stomach answered first with a loud rumble that made his gut hurt as if he had been kicked.* "Extremely." He muttered pained as he flinchd against teh tightening of his muscles.

Junsei smiled, taking a mouthful of the lush grass herself, chewing slowely. After she swallowed, she looked back up to Orion, her eyes curious again, concerned. "Orion... how long have you been out here alone?" Her eyes flickered away again, her cheeks flushing slightly. "I just mean... you act like you haven't eaten or slept in a while, but you act more grown up, as if you've been around for much longer than that." She swished her tail behind her, into the air and back to the ground, staring up through the trees at the dark sky and stars the danced across it.

*Looking up, Orion stared at the mare before looking up toward te skies, watching the stars. At times it looked like teh stars lived within his eyes. It was only when his stomach growled again did he lower his head and tear some grass from teh ground and almost swallow it whole, before eating a bit more. His head clearing some, before answering her questions.* "I've only been alone for little more then two days, and... I don't know why I act as i do, I get my guidence and teachings from the stars above. I don't know how to explain it." He sighed lowering his head to chew on some more grass as his stomach started to calm and stop growling at him.

Junsei's head cocked to the side slightly, watching him. It seemed so odd to her, Orion befriended horses so easliy, and she couldn't even carry on a conversation with any horse but her sister, until today. She couldn't even speak to her parents, with whom most others would be greatful to have a relationship with! She sighed, shaking her head at herself before allowing herself to lay on her side. Jun moved her head up so she was looking up at the colt again. "Well, you can stay here... if you like. It's empty most of the time, not many know about this place. Other than myself, the only other horses that I know of coming here are my parents and my twin sister. They won't bug you if they happen by."

*Orion has folded his legs under him after stepping over closer to the mare, one that he felt was most likely as close to a 'motherly' figure as he was possibly going to get. Minding to give her, her space he laid in teh grass as his head sagged a little. Young eyes looked over toward the white mare with the strange black markings. She looked strange to him, but said nothing for the moment as he listened to her voice as his mind faded in and out of recognition of what was about him.* "I will keep that in mind when I need a place to star gaze." *He chuckled turning his tired looking gaze toward the skies above, letting himself sink further into the void of dreamless oblivion. A place he visited most often while asleep. And the only place where apparently the faceless voice spoke to him. Head sagging again he laid it upon the grass covered earth as his eyelids fluttered before closing completely.*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:03 pm
Jun has a Twin?
Orion, Junsei(Rae) and Onikisu(Suigyoku)

Onikisu walked along the riverbank. Staring at the water rushing past her and watching her own reflection. She looked so much different now. The pendant given to her from her father shown bright against her body. She looked down at it as she walked and shuffled her hooves. Daddy was probably only trying to be nice by giving us these. Now I don't quite understand why it was that I was so rude to him. Maybe I should apologize to both Mommy and Daddy? She shook her head as her bangs fell over her eyes and she lifted her head to put them where she could see. She wondered what it was that Junsei was up to. Snickering to herself she thought, Maybe she's out showing off. Yeah right... I doubt it. She wouldn't do that. Onikisu's walk merged with the river and she began to walk in the water. The sparkling blue that mirrored her reddish-pink glowing pendant, rushed past her hooves.

Junsei paced restlessly in the ring of trees surrounding the clearing she had spent her last few days. She didn't mind being with Orion at all; his company made her happy and she was glad she'd met him. Most of all, she missed her sister whom she hadn't seen in over a week, and they had never been apart for more than a few hours until then. She sighed, stopping where she was and looking out the trees, wondering if she should leave Orion alone so she could find her, or take him with her. Feeling so protective over him, she felt the latter was the better route but she would let him decide when he woke up. Jun turned away from the entrance, and went back to where he slept, laying near him with anxious eyes that wouldn't shut.

*His small ears twitched as if hearing things that others couldn't for the moment. His young eyes fluttered open as he felt teh warmth of another at his side, shifting a little he looked at Jun. He smiled at her as he sleepily yawned and stretched his front legs sitting himself up. Shaking the sleep from his head, he looked at teh charm that was about her neck, why hadn't he sen it before. It was a lovely item and he wondered where she had gotten it. Blinking out of his stare he looked about the clearing, soon stretching teh rest of the kinks in his legs. Why did he always have to lay on them? Surely there had to be better ways to sleep. After a few moments, he was fully awake.* "Is it morning?" he asked looking toward the skies over head. "Or did I over sleep as normal?"

A sadness perched in Onikisu's heart wondering where her sister had been off to. She stopped walking in the river and decided to just lay on the riverbed. Climbing back onto the dirt she lay down and stared up at the sky. Beautiful and lovely it was. She began to wonder about how small she was compared to the universe. And how she was only a mere speck in space. This interested her as she continued to stare up at the sky, waiting for the stars to come out so she could study them. Wouldn't that be interesting? The first Mare Astronomer. She giggled at the thought, Junsei would laugh if she heard what I was thinking. Which is why she didn't think it out loud.

Junsei smiled at the little colt as if he was awoken in the middle of the night, instead of in the middle of the day. "No, it's much past morning Orion. If it was morning, I would still be asleep as well," she giggled. She noticed his eyes were gazing at her pendant, glowing slightly on her neck. "It was my grandmother's, apparantly. My sister has it's twin, the one that belonged to my father." Her eyes flickered away from him for a moment, remembering when her father gave them each their pendants. Finially, she rose to her hooves, drifting away from the sleepy Orion, and returning to the entrance of the clearing. She smiled at him from where she stood, though her eyes were full of caution. "Would you mind if we went to see my sister?"

*Orion sighed as he figured he had slept through dawn once more, never the early riser anyways. taking a couple of steps he stretched again to make sure that teh kinks were gone from his body before trotting a pace behind Jun as she headed toward the entrance of the clearing. Meet her sister? It sounded alright to him, but when she explained about the charms being from family, his heart sank a little, not knowing what his family were like he nodded smiling to hhide his momentary sadness.* "That would be great fun. Does your sister look like you?" he asked outright, before biting a lip, not really meaning that.. "I.. Ah.. Didn't meant to ask that..." He stammered backing a way a little, lowering his head in complete shame of himself.

Raising an eyebrow slightly when the white flecks upon Orion's cheek turned pink, Junsei giggled slightly as she stepped into the forest, the colt at her side. "Yes, in a way we look exactly the same, and at the same time we are completely opposite. It's the same with our personalities, I believe. Such that my sister loves our parents, and I do all I can to stay away from them, and even dissapoint them if it doesn't go against my values," she added, laughing again. When the trees became thinner, she paused and looked up through the trees, able to see the sun. "I suspect if the sun stays out for a few days, the snow out here will melt away before the next storm. Maybe I won't have to smash the river's surface to get a drink as I had to last time." She smiled, stepping forward again as they neared the forest's edge.

*Listening to what Jun had told him about her sister, he wondered how this sister woudl react to him. To Orion it wasn't every day that a kind mare take in an orphaned colt... Well not one like him anyways, a star gaze at most... A smile crept across his face as he came to trot at her side.* "Your sister sounds like a kind mare, just like you. In her own ways of course. No two are truely alike... I suppose." He said puzzling himself as he continued his pace beside Jun, ever wondering what her sister was like. But he would soon be meeting this mentioned sister every soon.*

Oni stood from where she lay and decided that since it was midday that she would trot around a little. She was completely and utterly bored without having her beloved sister around her. A familiar scent and a dim blue light came to her attention and she turned her head towards the forest. Junsei?! Onikisu was so excited to smell the familiar scent of her sister around her. Looking close and hard, she stared at the beginning of the forest. Her sister emerged followed by a small colt. Onikisu's eyes sparkled as she saw her sister again. "Junsei!" she reared up, pawed the air, and kicked off with her back legs starting in a run. Running at full speed she reached her sister. Junsei! It's so good to see you again. She nuzzled her sister and then eyed the little one next to her, "Hello young one." With sudden impulse she bowed deeply, greeting the little fellow. God Jun, I was worried about you. It's been about a week since I've last seen you and it's been hell for me.

"Yes, she is very kind. But you can actually see her kindness radiating from her, where with me you have to penetrate a bit of steel in order to see it." She chuckled as she stepped through the treeline, hearing her sister's voice almost immidiatly. Onikisu! she yelled, running to meet her sister halfway. It's good to see you too. I missed you so much... but I did have someone to keep me company," she informed Oni, beaming down at Orion. She nuzzled her sister loving, happy that she was with her again, before she suddenly remembered that Oni probably was wondering who the black colt was. "Orion, this is my sister, Onikisu. Oni, this is Orion," she introduced, beaming at the both of them.

*Stepping past the treeline he noticed another mare in the distance. It looked like Jun, but the colors were reversed with this one. Tilting his head to one side he shook his head and picked up the pace to be again at Jun's side. Stopping short when she went to meet her sister, he remained behind a little to be out of the way. Canting his head to one side, he watched how they reacted to each other with much love and apparent unspoken words at times. Orion snapped back to attention when his name was mentioned, a smile flashed upon his black and white speckled face.* "Ah... Hello." He said most shyly to this mare, though he was most confident with Jun. "You must be Jun's sister?" he asked looking up at the new face.

Onikisu nodded at the little fellow, "Orion." She smiled at the thought she was thinking earlier about being an astronomer. She found it funny that she was there thinking about space and the stars, and here comes a star covered colt named Orion. "I am," Oni said in response to his question. Is he your adopted son? Onikiu asked and smiled at the two of them. Junsei showed him the same care and love that she showed Onikisu when she was a mere filly unable to walk right. It made her happy to see that Junsei wasn't as mean to him as she was to their parents. Our parents would be so pleased to see you being so nice towards him. She chuckled mockingly. "Orion, it is a pleasure to meet you. You may call me Oni if you wish." She closed her eyes and slightly bowed.

Jun smiled and nodded at Orion, trying to tell him it was alright to come forward. "It's alright hun, she won't bite," she whispered in his ear. She smiled happily as they exchanged short pleasantries, though she hoped that in time they would grow to be closer than this once the awkwardness was gone. Yes, I suppose I am, Oni. That makes you his aunt you know, she added with a giggle. Yes, well I'm sure that pleasure they would get if they saw that I was nice to him would fade as soon as I made a not so nice comment to them. She smiled down at Orion and felt rude that she and Oni were talking in a way he couldn't hear. She kissed the top of his head then spoke again to her sister. "Did you seriously just bow?" she asked, laughing immediatly at her sister's odd actions. Jun herself wouldn't bow unless there was no way she could stand.

*Stepping out from behind Jun, Orion came to stand at her side. looking up toward them, boy he felt... Small... But it was just the fact that he was a colt and they were adults, he figured that soon he would be their height and all... He hoped... He was taken back by Jun's sister bowing to him, why bow to him? He wasn't that special was he?* A pleasure to meet you Oni." He said smiling as he noticed that she too had a charm like Jun's but... This one glowed a different color, it must have been the mate to Jun's charm that glowed a blue/white color. *He watched them still feeling... A bit out of the loop as he noticed that they could have been speaking to eachother, but... He heard not a word from either, his foalish curiousity kicked in as he canted his head to one side. Wondering what they were speaking of. Was it he that they were speaking of? His bewilderment was knocked away as Jun.. Or 'mother' in this case kissed him on the forhead making him smile up at her as she seemed to laugh at her sister's oddness.*

Onikisu laughed at her sister, "I am bowing because it felt like a sudden impulse. Don't ask me why." She stuck her tongue out playfully at her sister, My 'nephew' doesn't know that we can talk without speaking does he? Oni looked at him and smiled, "Nephew," she mumbled under her breath, glad to have someone new around. I doubt he'd like it if he heard some of things you've said to dear ol' Mum and Dad. She nuzzled her sister, enjoying just being around her. Without Junsei around, Onikisu felt like she was missing a valuable part of herself, and she didn't like that feeling. Onikisu watched Junsei kissed Orion on the forehead. She didn't know if she liked it or if it made her sad. She wanted a young one such like Junsei had. One of her own. Sighing in her head, she kept those thoughts to herself. She shouldn't be feeling this just because her sister is happy. She should be happy, and so she was. Forgetting the entire thing, she smiled and said, "You both seem really attached to each other. It's kinda cute," and then she giggled whole-heartedly.

Junsei glared at her sister a bit angry with her. No, he doesn't know. But if I tell him about it I'll have to tell him about the whole cellular regeneration thing and I really don't feel like scaring him. He's just a colt, Oni. She snorted, trying to make it very clear that there would be hell to pay for her sister if she took it upon herself to tell Orion about their 'abilities'. When she was just a yearling, she thought it was the coolest thing in the world after she discovered that what she and her sister could do were unlike anything the other horses in the plains could do. But now that she had someone Jun felt she had to protect, even from herself, it was terrible, a curse. She shook the thoughts from her mind when her sister spoke again and she smiled. "Yeah, well families have to stick together, you know. And don't pull a 'mum and dad' on me, because you know I don't consider them family."

*Orion just had to watch them both as Jun seemed to be mad at Oni for some odd reason. Shaking his head, Orion turned his attention toward the ground as he lowered his head to grasp at something to eat. His young gaze watched them still as his filled his stomach, being young it wouldn't be long until he woudl be hungry again. Such a curse, he always thought to himself. It seemed that the sisters were conversing about their family, it made his heart sink as he thought of the night he was left alone with only a faceless voice. Laying on the ground he watched them still, trying to think of what his parents had looked like, but... Nothing came to him, only darkness.*

Onikisu angrily looked at Junsei, she was getting an attitude and Oni didn't like it one bit. She was way too protective of this colt but she didn't let it show. She smiled and nodded at her sister, I would do nothing of the sort! Honestly Junsei... do you not trust me? I don't want others knowing of our abilities anymore than you do. "Whether or not you consider them family, is different." Onikisu looked at Orion, "Family isn't everything you know? It helps to have someone like Jun take care of you. I'm lucky to have her as a sister." Onikisu glared at Junsei, she was quite upset that Jun didn't trust her like she used to. She at once put on a smile and said with upmost honesty, "I'd be no where without this part of my family," referring to Jun.

An eyebrow quirked upward, curious to how her sister was acting, Junsei listened to her sister without replying, out loud or in her mind. How is it that Oni could start out critisizing her, with a smile, and then seem so angry when speaking about happier things? She sighed, attempting to ignore her sister's conflicting emotions, which were begining to get on her nerves. Jun could hear the spite in her sister's voice that filled her head, knowing that while she might think Orion was cute, she didn't like how he took time from them. She didn't care, she loved the colt as she did her sister and didn't really care if Onikisu didn't like it. Finially, Oni finished speaking and Jun smiled as wholeheartedly as she could at her sister's statement. "Well, I love you too Oni. But I think me and Orion should get going, it's getting late you know." she told her seeing that, while it was getting a bit dark, she didn't think Orion was too awful tired.

*Shifting a little, Orion had been nibbling at teh grass around him, or what he could find anyways. Ears twitching he looked back up toward Jun, soon standing and stretching a little. It did seem that the day had passed very quickly, turning his gaze skyward he looked about for the stars. Stepping further away from teh mares his two toned tail twitched as he found the small grouping of stars that he was named after. For teh moment he stood watching the skies, beoming oblivious of everything about him. As if it was only he and the stars, soon looking back toward the sisters he walked back toward Jun and nuzzled his head against her, young eyes looking up.* "We going back home soon? I can't really see teh stars from here." He seemed to pout looking up at teh branchs that blocked his view of the skies. *It wasn't that he wanted to be rude, but he liked watching the stars come out and wink down at those upon the earth. He also wondered if Oni would be coming as well... That is if Jun.. Mother would let her of course...*

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:02 pm
The darkness grows thicker
Birth of the Toxic Demoness's

Shade tossed back her head and howled in pain, she’d moved off into the shadows with Tear hot on her heels as the foals had kicked out they’re distress at still being in the womb. She rolled slightly kicking out her hind legs. The pain rushing through her body was insane almost to intense for her to handle but Shade was a strong mare so she pushed through it.

It seemed like an eternity before both foals had been born, Tear beside Shade giggled, happy seeing the new additions to their little herd. Shade stared delighted at her beautiful baby girls, the blue filly’s mane was already sparking to life in the flames Shade herself possessed but her hooves melted the ground with the poison of their father, while the little white filly’s features were exactly opposite, her mane dripped poison while flames erupted around her tiny hooves.

Shade nuzzled her foals and slowly stood up taking a protective stance while waiting on their father to arrive.

*Dragging the carcase of a young fawn in his mouth, Poison had been hunting, finding something to feed his mate and the growing young ones. Well young ones that had once been still inside her... Stopping just past the thicket and nearly dropping the dead deer he smiles and walked over toward his mate. Then he did drop the carcase and nuzzled her, blood still drenched his lips, but it didn't seem to matter.*

"Sorry for missing the moment dearest, thought you would need something to eat." He said motioning to the meat on the ground. "I imagine the little ones will be hungry as well..." He said glancing over toward the two young fillies.

Shade smiled when her mate emerged with a carcass, “oh thank you. We’ll all need the nourishment,” she moved slowly towards the carcass while keeping her eyes on her foals. Tear had moved off with Bandhura to send the news to Jack. She ripped happily into the flesh of the deer letting the blood splatter everywhere.

Young Freja wiggled her hips as she tried to stand up on wobbly legs, after a moment though she got the hang of it and ws able to stand on her shaky legs. “Looky daddy!” she bounded off her mane and tail blazing like an inferno. Poison splattered everywhere anytime her hooves struck the earth and she giggled in the same insane way that her mother did.

*Poison smiles as he watched one daughter that was already up and splashing acid about the ground with every step she took.* "I can see my little one. Lets hope your sister is as quick." He chuckled looking toward the little white filly that was the opposite of him, Shade and her sister in color. *Smiles he walked over to the groggy filly, letting Shade eat and regain her strength after the birthing.* "Alright little one, time to get up." He said nudging her a little...

*Vibrant Toxicity opened her pale eyes and looked up toward her father as acid dripped from her mane and hissed hitting the ground. She didn't say anything as her innocent look turned quick as she lept at her father, her head lowered as if to stick him with her little horn, but she staggered a little smiling soon after.* "Me up daddy." She giggled looking toward her sister as vibrant purple flames erupted around her hooves and she danced with her sister, setting the splashed acid afire. Having great fun with powers the couldn't yet control.*

Shade grinned as she watched her two daughters playing, her mind was slowly wrapping around plans for their future. She had decided to start a herd with Tear, Bandhura, and any other horse who lusted for the death of humans and the weak. She still needed to talk to Poison about that though. Striding forward she stood beside her mate. “They’ll be great killers one day,” her eyes were glowing with pride as she stared apon their daughters.

Freja giggled in delight flashing her vicious fangs as she danced with her younger sister, true she was only afew minutes older than VT but that still gave her the feeling of superiority. Her blazing mane sparked and roared as she bounded around and she laughed when the poison form her sister made her pastel white flames blaze even higher. She may have been young but she already had the feral desire to kill.

*Poison watched his daughters as they set fires upon the earth, lighting up the darkness. Looking toward Shade he nodded in agreement with her. Their daughters would be great killers, and all those after them will be as well.* "Yes the will and so won't their children and the children after that. The nightmare herd has been reborn." He said nuzzling Shade. "And it will keep growing, for as long as there's hatred in their hearts."

*VT pranced with her sister, her tail twitching behind her throwing acid about to only be later set ablaze like all the rest. Throwing her head into the air, the flames gleamed off the horn upon her head. It's deadly black curve looking like a sword ready to kill whatever it was that got into her path. There was a wild look about her eyes as she turned toward their parents. A hungry look in her face as she seemed to search for something to quell her stomach, something like... Meat...*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:58 pm

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:00 am
Fantasy Meets Reality
Draven and Truth

The isle had been tiring. The poor horned mare had done her fair share of traveling, and the time ha dbeen exhausting. Life was catching up. Her soft white hooves and her purple slashes of color amongst her body had caused her to not hide very well. She'd been tracked. She wasnt even sure who it was, but she'd heard of herders.. Two-leggers who stole the happy from their homes, only to remove their horns and let them waste away as powerless conformists.

She knew that was who was following her, and she couldnt stop traveling.. She had dissappeared from her little island of magic and mystery.. To live among normals.. But could she? Could she really live among the regulars?

*It was comforting feeling the winds beneath his wings as the sun gleamed off the horn that revealed itself between his black forelocks. Swooping in such a way, he looked more like a bird then a horse, black hooves dug into what couldn't be seen, wings propelling him back toward the ever cloudless advances one would call the skies. His long black tail trailed behind him like a banner, waving fruitlessly in the winds. His blue eyes turned toward the grounds below, searching for a quite place to land, some where secluded as well... To his mind there would be no such luck as he lazily spiraled downwards.* "Things change too much, nothing is the same as remembered." He muttered to himself as he landed gently in a small glade. The trees seemed to bend away from him as he landed, the grass waving and bowing as his wings folded to his sides, his hooves caressing the grass.*

Truth had finally arrived to small glade of trees. It reminded her of a forest. She wasnt sure if it was, for it seemed so little to be a forest, but she had to remind herself, where she came from. In the Lily Isle, it was a terrible thing for a forest to be considered a forest if it was smaller than the Galapogos.

Her purple tinted tail swooshed about her, as her horn glowed from the suns rays that were dwindling from the trees.
Her small purple ribbon was waving in the little wind there was, and her purple orbs were wide.

"I dont think Ive ever seen this place before.."

*Feathers fluffing out at his sides, he stepped around something he had avoided while landing. A small tree it seemed, a sapling of sorts... Raising his gaze something else had caught his eye. At the far end of the same glade was a strange sight. A unicorn... not one of his mother's herd, but a unicorn none the less. The horn on his own head glowed gently between his forelocks as he observed silently. Backing away a little as he wished not to be seen... Yet...*

Truth glanced back, after hearing the soft rustling of wings.. or feathers.. At first, she thought someone was there, but she didnt know this area.. Maybe they had rather large birds.

Keeping her head up, she let her Violet eyes scan the area.. Keeping behind trees as to not stand out too terribly, even if her pelt created a beacon of color.

"Hello?"

*He didn't move as the musical voice of the unicorn rang across the glade toward his awaiting ears. After a moment he stepped forward a little, letting the sun gleam off his white and black plumage as well as his white coat. Head tiling to one side he seemed to act much like a bird, but shook it off to reply.* "Good Day" He called back, not quite moving from where he stood, placing a careful hoof beside the strange sapling as to not damage it. "Be ye friend?" he asked turning his head one side a bit. "Or foe?"

She jumped around, to face the creature who had called out to her.
She saw the white pelted stallion, and was amazed at his beauty. He was feathered, and horned.. That just wasnt possible, the ongoing feud would make that match impossible.. And weren't Unicorn and Pegasi genes recessive? They canceled each other out, this just wasnt medically possible.

"Well I most certainly am not foe, but depending on the nature of yourself, I dont know if Im friend either."

She said, cocking her head and staring at the odd creature.

*His plumage fluffing out at his sides a little Draven merely shook it off as if he had been swimming in some lake and straightened up some. It had been so long since he had seen another that wasn't from the feuding, though it was some time ago it all ended by his creation.. [[ That I haven't written yet. xD ]] Stepping forward a pace he looked straight toward the mare before backing away turning away from her.*

"Call me what I am, but not in this life time would I harm another." He said most bluntly as he lowered his head to nudge to sapling gently as if urging it to grow. "And I hope you are by the same rules, if I am wrong, please, correct me."

"Indeed I am. Harming someone proves of no use to me, and I see no gain from ever doing so.. " She shook her head.

Hurting things was a dangerous game of chance. If you messed with the wrong someone, you wound up hurt and possibly gone from this world.

She glanced up, her magically gaze locking with his. She was bred to keep her face hard, her voice solid. Showing weakness, could spell defeat for her naturally naive ancestors. Unicorns had once been gracious and loving towards all.. but too many years later, after they'd been slaughtered and viciously brutalized, they'd grown colder. It was said now, that the eyes of a Unicorn could bare into your soul. It oculd freeze your heart and melt your eyes.. Which was all false of course.

"My name is Truth."

"That is good to know." He muttered pulling his head back away from the sapling. "My name's Draven, a pleasure to be in your presence Truth, it has been some time since I had seen... Well... Someone like yourself to put it mildly. So much has past since that day of days."

*Head turning toward the skies, ears twisting back as if trying to blot out something that was only within his mind. Eyes closing he shook his head violently, one would think he would snap his own neck, but thankfully he didn't. A sigh escaped him as he tried to compose himself and not think of what he was driven away from, when his herd refused to think of him as their leader of sorts, no he was a 'freak' by their words. Head sagging in silent despair, Draven sought to cover his face with a wing, trying not to reveal the black feathers of his pegasi brethren...*

She saw him hide.. Hide himself from her. She narrowed an eye, but curiousity was winning.

"Excuse me if I may ask Draven, if I may be so bold and still be humble.. BUt.. How is your existence possible? I've noticed the wings of a pegasi, and the horn of my own lineage. I'd say you were odd, but that would be unfair, and untrue. I think you are a magnificent specimen. Something of beauty and audacity that absolutely no one else could achieve."

She spoke like a scientist, trying to get the specimen in for testing. But she meant no harm, and in fact, meant what she said.

"I'm sure you've herd tell of the war between the pegasi and of the unicorns. Everyone should have if they are descended from those of either side." He said raising his head up some from beneath his duel colored wings. "It was when the two herds were about to throw each other into the worst battle since the pegasi foal was slaughtered.." He paused letting a shiver travel down his spin. "Tragic it was, both sides blaming the other. I was created from a shard of the eldest unicorn, Zahia and feathers from the pegasi leader Thane. Don't ask how it happened, they say the gods grew tired of the fighting and thought it best that a creature created from two sides could stop the war and bring them back to being friends again." He stopped again looking toward the skies as a couple birds flew over. "Lets just say I wasn't liked by either and considered less then worthy of leader of both herds."

*Hoping his story would settle all doubts of his being there, true he wouldn't be there is born as any other would. He wouldn't have even been a thought in anyones mind at that age and time. He was just the end result of a bad idea that only drove the herds to move their boarders. Soon vanished all together as if never existing.*

She listened to the story intently. Flickering her ears about her head. She shook her head, letting her purple mane fall past her eyes. Her bangs in her face, she looked at the ground, purple eyes darker than the purple of her mane.

She was beautiful. Many a Uni had fought for her.. She'd seen none of them worthy.. She'd seen none of the stallions she'd come in contact with worthy. But yet she saw this stallion in a different light. No, she wasnt interested in breeding.. yet.. But as she listened to his story, she knew him to be true..

When she was born, a princess had emerged into the Uni kingdom. Truth had been given the gift of her namesake. She could only fall for one who was true.. For one who was pure and sacred.. She could only relate to those..

"I'm sorry you've had to go through that.. The war that rages between bloods, is an evil sinful thing.."

*Draven nodded his head lightly as he looked at Truth, his deep eyes showing much age where his body may not have shown it. He seemed still in his prime, as if only born... created not too long before. stepping toward the uni he looked at her still, but only pulled himself a few feet away from her, not wanting to raise old rivalries he had hoped to close. Feathers fluffing out a bit he remained silent for a time before speaking again.*

"But sometimes War can bring about great things, other times, just bloodshed and murder." He considered softly. "For if there had been no war, I may not have been created, but then again the herds would not be so divided either. There's always a positive and negative side to any war. Sometimes you don't know which is which."

True kept her gaze on the stallion, and listened intently to his words. Keeping her eyes on him.. Purple orbs that stared into the souls of unsuspecting creatures.. Orbs that could tell your truths.

"Ah, yes. The dreaded question whether war is neccessary or not.. Well, though it may be in some cases.. The Uni island, is not one of them. The wars that go on between races, isnt a war that anyone can win. It's merely a family fued that will never end."

She ended her musical voice. Her voice always sounded like an echo, throaty and ghost-like.. Almost not there.

*Draven gave a motion that seemed like a shrug before turning back toward the stream he had drank at before meeting the mare. His mind was suddenly cluttered by the diggings of his past, some he had buried long ago and never wanted to dig up again. But this one seemed to want to know everything about him and of his origins, which was commendable to some accounts.*

"It has been years since I had seen either side, Sought to lead both, but exiled instead. What became of the unicorn herd since my banishment?" he asked not wanting to ask of the pegasi who had all but vanished from the earths. "You speak of an Island, perhaps you are not from the same herd that banished me..."

She nodded. Yes. She was immortal.. But the only thing that could truly harm her were Medicine Man items.. For her seeing eyes, kept most at bay.

She looked towards him, and watched every single ebony feather as it curled next to his body. She'd been in love with a pegasi once.. He had been the most beautiful creature.. Well sure, she was merely a yearling at the time.. Puppy love.. But she'd always remember him.

"I find Pegasi to be grand and beautiful.."

*Head snapping back toward the mare, he turned back toward Truth, his wings folding back to his sides, the glossy white feather covering the black ones once more. But he didn't approach, her merely turned to look at her in some disbelief, it had been a while since he had heard such words about a pegasi. Those he had met some tome ago, hated and cursed the breed, but that was their problem. And one reason why he was always alone.*

"You do?" was all his tongue could say before his reeling mind could catch up on everything that was going on around him. His ears turning a little as if he had heard something moving in the bushes at his blind side.

She nodded.

"Very much so. I adore the pegasi and think they deserve more a status than a Unicorn does. The Pegasi is like a bird. Like a strange, myth of a creature. The unicorn is gravely bland. So we have horns.. I dont understand the great difference in that, then from other horses.. Yes, we're immortal.. but does that mean so much?"

She asked, twitching her own ears as her purple bangs fell into her face.

"You say it as if you haven't heard it often."

*Draven had to shake his head at the last question as he looked straight at Truth, not afraid to look into her eyes that might have scared off others. His own eyes being like great pools of blue that head straight to his own soul that fluttered much like a young bird urning to fly.*

"No, I haven't. In my wanderings, I've only heard curses and what not about the Pegasi. I never stayed long where there was hatred toward the winged ones. We all seem to have our places in this world. mine seems to be in the middle of something I can't control."

*A sigh escaped him as he just turned his head as something lashed out of a bush and about his neck. A rope, eyes growing wide, he reared upon his hind legs. His voice coming fourth sounding as if a large bird rather a horse by standards. His large wings flared open, showing their great span before he kicked off the ground. With great propulsion he dragged three natives from the ground who dared remain holding onto the rope about his neck. Teeth grit he dragged them ever higher into the skies until he and they were all but lost within the clouds above.*

It had all happened so fast, that Truth was shocked, and where there was one, there was another.. And odds are, she had dragged them right to him.. She knew they were following her the whole time.

Kicking off the ground, but only managing to keep off for a slit few seconds, she bolted. She heard the horsemen behind her.. heard them approaching.

She was stupid. She should have never let them get that close.. She was fast, but she wasn't a God.. She was merely a unicorn.

She bolted faster, hoping to break free from the chase.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:23 pm
Times of Joy

*Glassy blue eyes stared aimlessly up at the cornflower blue sky as a sigh was expelled from his large nostrils in one huff. The wind blew through his long white and blue toned locks. The war paint that graced his slate colored coat had started to wear as his age was beginning to show, his human, a warrior by heart and spirit was also feeling his age. Turning his head toward the elderly warrior as he limped toward Jaguar with a staff in one hand. Turning the old stallion made his way toward the human and placed his nose beneath the rough hand of the human, his eyes gleaming gently as they had when he was just a foal.*

"Times grow weary one us all old friend, my Jaguar." The old man croaked, his voice cracked with age. "It's best the younger braves fight our wars while we tell our own stories." *The old man smiled petting Jaguar's nose, they both were tired and the old man had started to shake as he always did when he had walked too far in search of Jaguar. Kneeling down as if bowing to the old man, the old warrior smiled at his old friend and settled upon Jaguar's back knowing well that the stallion wouldn't lead him astray even as his journey for the great spirit grew closer, but it was always harder to let go of those one was bound to...*

*The old stallion listened to the old man's words, it was true, their time had come and gone. Jaguar wasn't the young energetic colt he had been when paired with the one on his back. Standing carefully, Jaguar sought a path toward home, it was a narrow trail back to the village in the east. Jaguar was a sure footed stallion and never lost a rider before, nor would he now. Picking carefully through the small rocks that lined the path, Jaguar's ears twitched as the old man on his back stroked his neck, it would seem strange when there was no one to carry when his old friend passes, nor would he bear another upon his back, gentle Jaguar was, but he had a thing about letting other humans ride him. The old brave was the only one with that trust, unless someone else could gain it.*

*Loping across the shallow spring toward home, Jaguar took a moment to grab a quick drink before completely crossing, the cool water felt refreshing over his white hooves. That was the one stop he would make until he reached home. Already he could hear the drums as it seemed the hunters had had a good hunt and the meat was plenty. Stepping past the tree lines, his glassy eyes caught sight of the roaring fires where great mounds of meat were placed for cooking along with vegetables from the sheltered gardens in the upper mesas. It had been a good year the great spirits had been pleased. Stepping off to the side and nudging at some of the children that crossed his path, Jaguar headed toward where the warrior would be seated. At the head well beside the head of the village anyways. He was one of the four elders of council, best known as the story teller.*

*The old man smiled at the kids that gathered about Jaguar holding up their hands to touch the great beast that had seen many battles and managed to escape unscaved from most. Most of all the called to the man on the beasts back, asking for stories and tales of when he was a younger warrior. It seemed that both man and beast were praised in the tribe, for that they were thankful. Clothed in a robe like dress, the old man slipped off Jaguar's back when the reached his place beside the main fire. A large pillow of buffalo hides had been laid out for him to sit on, smaller ones were spaced out for the wonder eyes children that would be there to listen.* "Come my children and hear my tales." The old man began as he held the hands of two of the younger children. "Come hear of the tales of your forefathers and the fathers before them." The old man had to smile as the children flocked like geese to hear his tales, he need not look behind him as he knew Jaguar would be following loyally.

*Jaguar didn't look as the children's small hands brushed against his sides, he did stop though so the old storyteller could slip off unharmed into the throngs of children that came screaming and yelling their way. A nicker like laughter came from the old stallion as he followed behind the throng as they were led to the story corner as they all seemed to call it. It was there that he would lay himself down behind the old man as he would tell his tales to the awe struck children. Many tales would be about their adventures, others would be stories that he had heard from his own father. All the same it kept the children entertained until it was time to eat, soon after, dance...*

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:21 pm
Dream of Dreams? Or Hellish Nightmare?

*It all happened so fast, they surrounded us like flies to blood. What was going on? What did they want? Was it me? Was it my owner? What was going one?

All this was racing through the ebony and white stallion's mind as his reared at the sudden appearance of the dark skinned two leggeds. Hooves lashing out at the sudden cries, and actions that he nearly tossed his equally surprised rider who struggled to keep his seat within the vastly polished saddle that laden his back. The bit drew hard in his mouth as the man upon his back held on for dear life as he reared over and over.

They swarmed, coming from all corners, his rider pulled from the saddle, rough, to the ground, the stallion turned to try and protect his owner. Something was keeping him from turning completely, they had him, by the reins.*

'Let go' he thought 'Let me go. Who are you?'

*Many questions, but there was never someone who could answer them, no one could understand. Lashing out with a massive hoof to knock the tanned one away, he tried again to get to his master, but another grabbed him. Ropes, ropes lashed out and entwined about his neck. He cried, a loud piercing cry. Why weren't they letting him go? Why were they pushing his owner away? Why?

A lot of 'whys' it seemed, his head hung in sadness as his old owner, a kind man, a gentle man vanished upon the horizons. Their shouts and cries of victory rang through his ears like bells of dread, what were they to do with him now? put him to work? Sell him? Trade him? He had heard stories, many horses were taken from other ranchers, many sold to other tribes as peace bargains. What was his fate?

Head still hung low he was confused, over whelmed, and just plain shocked. One minute he was living the great life he had been born into. Now... It was stripped away as his hard leather saddle was burdened by another, he wouldn't move, the reins were shaken, he still didn't move. It was only when a pair of heels were driven into that tender spot before the hips did he move.

Lurching forward the great stallion tore out from under the less victorious brave at the laughter of his comrades, nothing could or would stop him, this was too much. The ropes that still dangled from his neck dragged the grounds as he fled, massive hooves pounding the ground giving the sounds of distant thunder. Where would go? Who would look after him now? He didn't know, but he was going anywhere, but with with the tanned ones...*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:40 pm
Tangled Worlds
Soul Sight and Umi

A sandy colored mare with blue streaks in her mane and tail started walking across the field. Her eyes were fixed on one spot, one stallion...Soul Sight. Her movement was slow, she was testing him. She had planned in her mind to walk right past him without saying a word and seeing if he would know who she was. One hoof in front of the other she stalked closer towards him. When she reached a few feet in front of him, she turned her body so that she could walk to the right of him. A smile perched and tears in her eyes, she walked as slow as her body would allow her to. Come on dearheart, you know it's me. Let's see. All the while, she couldn't stop smiling.

*His ears dances upon his head as his eyes became shadowed behind a vibrant purple lock of mane. Nostrils flaring at the scent he had longed to smell, the sea. Though yes, the actual things was a fair distance away, but only one carried it with her where ever she went, the smell was intoxicating to the stallion. Oh yes, he knew, his ears followed the sound of slow hoof steps that stepped right past him and to his right. Head turning he reached out a bit to n** playfully at her tail, his own twitching trying to brush long her side, turning himself he aimed to follow his dream mate, his love, his sea, Umi.*

His tail brushed against her side and she reared in excitement as he nipped her tail playfully. Umi's mouth opened and words tried to escape but nothing could describe how she felt so she just rammed her head to his neck in a loving manner, nuzzling him joyfully. She was afraid that she might have hurt him when she nuzzled him so she licked his neck where he head-butted him. "My beloved Soul Sight, you don't know the extent of how much I have missed you and longed to be around you." She licked his cheek as tears flowed from her eyes, "I cannot even begin to explain to you how much this moment means to me. I love you Soul," she said as she closed her eyes trying her best to savior the moment.

*He was a bit taken back with what came, a solid head straight to his neck. Oh that would hurt later, but for now it was just a dull throb in the back of his mind. His ears turned back a little as his own head dropped over Umi's neck, nuzzling her back. His eyes that glowed ever so softly closed, though the small dots remained a light showing his great joy. He had missed her two as his own tears came to his sightless eyes, it had been a long time since anything like this has happened, not once since his foalhood had he let a tear fall.*

"My beloved sea, I have missed you for too long. I had started to wonder if I had done something to upset you." He had begun rubbling his face against her mane a bit. "For too long I had shared many dreams with no one, hoping you would come a running, but that is all in the past. My heart never gave into you leaving and would beat always for the only one I could walk the narrow unseen paths with." A smile crossed his face as he stepped back a little, as if trying to look at her, though he could not. Though he had in his mind a thought to take them both to his dream world, though it would be more then just a dream...

Umi's eyes sparkled with the love and affection that Soul was giving her. It's been ages since she felt the love from him. Her father had surprised her with a sailing trip, and she wasn't given enough time to say good-bye. It tore her apart to have to leave him like that but she was given no choice by her father.

"Soul, you could never do anything to upset me. Daddy made me go on a random sailing trip and he didn't let me say good-bye to anyone close to me. Not even Havasu," she tried to explain, "There were several times that I thought of steering the boat around and coming back for you, but Daddy wouldn't allow it." She saw his smile and was so upset that she had been away from it for so long. A scent that caused her sudden drowsiness caught up with her nostrils. It smelled like the Dream Flower that she planted a while back. It smelled as if it was trying to lure her into dream. She looked at Soul and hoped that she wasn't crazy and that he could smell it too.

"Thinks happen that we can not control. Your father possibly thought that you needed time for yourself. But it doesn't matter now, we are together again and for that i am grateful" He smiled stepping a little closer to her.

*It wasn't only Umi that could smell the of the dream flowers. The scents twining together creating one for them both. He stepped forward, placing his nose to hers. And almost as if the day had passed well into the night as both were cast into a starless void of emptiness. Black all about from what could have been the ground and skies. Soul's eyes had been closed, but soon opened revealing the robin egg blue they had come to be within this dream like state. His nose still to hers, he could feel her breath against his own. His eyes staring straight into hers just as they had when he first brought her to this places.

Though things seemed different, the void shifted and changed, not quite his dream world and not quite hers, but a mix of both his valley of flowers was pulled to the edges of the seas. The roaring waves cascaded across the sands, lapping at the small flower petals that dared reach for it. The warm glow of what could have been a sun was cast over the valley as the void churned past the fringes like a beast trying to devour the lands. A breeze blew, catching the sweet smells of the flowers that mixed with the salty scent of the seas, it felt like home, or more like... It 'was' home.*

"The valley has changed, but it seems for the greater good. Our dream worlds have come together as one like small puzzle pieces that can only add on to." He said turning toward the waves, feeling the spray of the water against his coat. "It also seems that time has granted us more then just dream passage to out sacred place, as if a portal has opened and we can simply walked through it like a door." He stopped and looked at Umi, wondering how she felt about this, Soul himself felt at ease. At ease and at peace, like he could never leave the valley, or his Umi.

Umi's eyes shined bright in the valley. The scent of salt surrounded the air battling with the scent of the flowers. All she could hear was the roaring of the wave that came from her dream world, and the sound of the wind traveling through the petals of the flowers that came from Soul's dream world. They have indeed been intertwined. Almost as intertwined as their hearts had been, just almost.

"Soul this is incredible," were the only words that Umi managed to get out of her mouth. Her chest felt like it was caving in as she stared off into the blue mountains in the distance and the flowers dancing in the wind whipped at her legs and she couldn't have been happier.

After a moment or so of just staring off into the distance Umi realized why this meant so much to her. It was as if she was staring at their life together. At first, his untamed dream world showing only his side...and then her relentless ocean water only shown in hers. It was amazing to see the sight when they were both brought together and this was it. A perfect scenery, put together by the perfect couple.

"I don't ever want to leave here Soul. This should be our permanent home. I don't ever want this moment to go away," she said softly as she stared into his blue eyes. She smiled as bright as the Gods above would allow, knowing that Soul could now see the happiness seeping out of her eyes in the form of tears.

Soul gave Umi a skeptical as she talked about not leaving their dream world, sure it was paradise beyond the real thing, but they could never live there, live there. Surely not, smiling he nuzzled her before looking out over the seas of her dream world.*

"If only things were that simple. If we could only live within this dream, things would be great, but in order to do that..." He stopped looking toward the sands beneath his hooves. The same sands that had met Umi on he supposed, all that time ago. "We would have to leave out mortal bodies behind. And I won't let you shed the body to live here as I won't shed mine."

*Licking her cheek, more or less lapping up the salty tears that traveled from her eyes he looked into those glittering eyes. His own blue ones looking straight into hers as if looking into her soul. Turning a little a playful smile came to him as he nipped at her mane before trotting off in a playful way. He was acting foalish once more.*

"Play with me Umi, play with me in our world. The world our children will come to know." He smiles crouching a little, his tail twitching behind him. "The world that will keep growing as other pieces are added like on large puzzle of heaven."

"Soul, I would leave my mortal body any day just to have you stare at me the way that you are right now," Umi was referring to his sense of sight in the dream world, "However, in knowing that you can look at me anytime you'd like just by entering this world, I think that I'll be ok with remaining alive." She chuckled slightly.

"Hey!" she exclaimed as he started trotting off after nipping at her mane. She reared and kicked the sand up. Smiling, she also started trotting towards him, then she stopped.

Crouching ever so slightly, her eyes narrowed in a playful gesture, and she forced an 'I'm mad but not really mad' look on her muzzle. "I'll get you for that!" With that said, she stomped her hoof down causing sand to fly up. Then she slowly backed up.

It didn't take much effort to Umi to completely leap over Soul and land safely behind him, giving him a smirk. There was something about acting foalish that made her remember the days when she was little and didn't want to be with anyone. Now here she is, with the love of her life, and she is happy as can be.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:20 pm
Friendships? Or Turmoil?
Morgana, Isabella and Koudo

*Eyes half lidded, a white and teal splashed filly paced the river side as she seemed to either be awaiting for something or someone. Her short tail twitched behind her as she watched the flowing currents. Stepping closer to the waters edge, Morgana lowered her head to the cold water, a hoof reaching out to smack the shallow surface, only to bring the wet spray to her face. Shaking her head, her bristled mane waving at the arch of her neck. She paced again, she was awaiting for something her face was always straight, unlike her sister who seemed well off playing with just about anything that could possibly kill her. A snort came from Morgana thought of her carefree sister who didn't seem to approve of her eating something that was breathing...*

As she ran through the shady forest, streams of light fell through the canopy of leaves, the flecks of gold across her pelt glittered brilliantly. "I'm gonna get you!" she yelled, taking a sharp left turn as she chased the rabbit with a passion, though it was not for the same reason her sister would have done the same. She tried to slow too soon as the rabbit dashed into a burrow at the base of a tree, crashing into the trunk. Isabella stood, shaking herself from muzzle to tail, almost causing herself to fall down again. She shoved her head into the burrow, trying to see where the rabbit was inside, but to no avail. She sighed, lifting her head again and looking about at her surroundings, not exactly sure where she was.

A young colt's eyes bolted open as his tree shook. "What the?" Doesn't anyone care about anyone else in this world anymore? Jeez... Koudo stood up and started walking out of the forest, heading for the river to get a drink. He didn't say a single word to the filly just glanced at her as she shook herself, stuck his nose up in the air and continued on his way. His trot was partially graceful and his poise was stunning for a colt. "It'd be nice if others watched where they were going," he muttered to himself.

*Head snapping up at the sudden disturbance in the forest, she snorted thinking that it could only have been her sister. It figured, she didn't have the mind to stop chasing things that didn't want to play with her. Still, she was her father's girl, as Morgana herself was more in tuned with their mother. Mika was a real beauty, not that father didn't have his splendor as well, if he hadn't he wouldn't have met mother. Shaking all thoughts aside, her eyes gazed at a colt that had apparently come to the same river she was standing. She snorted at how he held himself, a well placed twig could possibly wipe that smug look off his face. Morgana only watched in silence at the moment, not that it was her will to care about such things.*

Ears twitching as she heard movments, very close to her in the forest, she ducked back into the burrow expecting to find it empty. It seemed the rabbit was still inside, though she couldn't see well. Wondering what had made the noises, she followed it hoping to find her way out of the forest. Isabella's body moved out of the shadows of the forest, her gaze trailing to the river where a foal stood near her sister. She flashed a smile, running to where her sister was and nudging her happily. "Morgana! What are you doing down here?" She didn't seem to be doing much of anything which seemed odd to Bella.

Koudo gave a slight glance to the white and teal filly who was staring him down, smirked, and dipped his muzzle into the water as he closed his eyes. He was a very egotistical colt and he wasn't in the mood to have to deal with someone below him.

He picked his head up and an eyebrow raised when a happy and joyful black and yellow filly came bouncing up to the other filly that was staring at him. He shrugged it off and thought of them as nobodies as he bent his head back down to drink a little more. This is so pathetic. Why must I be stuck here...? I'm so much better than this.

*A disgruntled 'ep' cam from Morgana as she soon turned her head toward Bella who had come to nudge at her. She disliked her sister and loved her sister at the same time. She hated the fact she was always so bright and cheery, then again, Morgana herself couldn't stand to handle all that emotion.*

"What do you want Bella? Don't you have something to frighten? Or did your bunny friend I sent you after vanish yet again?" she asked as a small smirk of a smile played across her muzzle. "Bet father could give you a feather to play with, you'd like that. Wouldn't you?"

*Shaking her head as a chuckle came to her throat as she looked away from her sister. It was one of the few things she did for her, finding something she could 'play' with, though most just ran. Stepping away from her sister, Morgana dipped her own head down to drink from the river, though she came up with a fish between her teeth. It flopped helplessly trying to get free, unknown of its impending doom.*

"Well of course it ran, we were playing tag, Morgana! But I accidently ran into a tree and now I have a bit of a headache..." Her voice trailed off, watching the water for a moment and the fish swimming below. When her mind came back to reality, her sister was holding a flopping fish in her mouth and Bella ran behind the colt, almost like she was using him as a shield from her sister.

"You know Mom and Daddy don't like it when you eat live things, Ana!" she yelled at her, her voice like venom as she spat the words out. She stepped back, surprised at her own reaction. She hadn't known anything but happiness since she was born, but her sister's habit of sneaking off to eat things with faces just made her angry. She snorted and shook her head, trying to keep her eyebrows in the knitted glare they were in now, though all she wanted to do was go do something to make her smile again.

Koudo jumped back and glared at the filly apparently named Bella. He arched an eyebrow and raised the corner of his lip so that his teeth were showing a little, "You better watch what you do. You're starting to irritate me."

He snorted and turned around, hoping to walk away from the two of them. He didn't want to have to deal with this. According to him it was too much to ask for when all he wanted was a drink. "Fillies these days. Some of them are just way too annoying." His voice hung on the word annoying as he turned his head and looked at the black and yellow filly. His glance turned to the white and teal filly and he said in the snottiest voice he could manage, "Don't choke," then he turned and proceeded to walk away with his head held high in the air.

*Morgana smiled, baring the dagger like teeth of her demonic heritage. She loved hearing her sister protest against what she was, tossing the fish back into the water with barely a scale out of place she turned toward Bella.* "You are so easily angered sister." She said straight faced before her eyes snapped toward the colt. "Don't trip." She retorted dryly as her tan and black tail twitched behind her swatting at anything that came near her. "Then again, with that look, everything would flee anyways." *turning away from the colt, she took a breath to collect her thoughts and put aside anything that would bring the slightest emotion to her face, only then did her eyes open again to stare aimlessly a head across the river itself.*

Isabella watched the colt walk away from them, seemingly angry with how she and her sister acted. Didn't he knew who they were... who their mother was? She smiled and ran after him, stopping him in his tracks. "I'm Isabella," she informed him, fluttering her eyelashes for added drama. She walked away from him, giggling all the way until she got back to her sister. "Thanks for letting that fish go. You don't want to make mom mad... she gets mean when she's mad." she said, a hint of sadness crossing over her muzzle, though she let it go quickly. "I wonder where this river ends, Ana... do you think it ends at an ocean? A beach?" she asked, her voice growing more excited the more she thought about it.

Koudo smiled at the white and teal filly, "Don't worry, I won't." For some reason he actually enjoyed this moment. Here he was, talking with others, something he hasn't ever really done before. He liked this filly's quick thinking. His thoughts were cut off by the introduction of the black and yellow filly. Isabella? Seems...'happy' enough to suit her.

He smirked as if he was far too good to talk to the likes of her and said only one word, "Pleasure." Koudo walked over to a nearby apple tree and lay down underneath it. Maybe this time someone won't come crashing into it and waking me up. With his color he almost camouflaged with the tree and it was something he liked about himself, his ability to hide from others so that he wouldn't have to deal with their petty nonsense.

But there was still something turning inside of him, something compelled him to want to go and talk to them. No, I couldn't possibly want to go and actually have a conversation with them? That's preposterous! he thought to himself as he put his head down and closed his eyes but kept his ears open.

"Why don't you just follow it and come back here to tell me? I'm sure you can't be gone for more then a few days. Mother will be upset that you ran off and Father will be beside himself. Just one happy moment for everyone when you return dear sister." Morgana smirked as her eyelids drooped just a little bit at the corners to give fake concern. "Just don't cross the paths of anything deadly, wouldn't want you losing a limb or anything."
*This could get fun, though secretly, Morgana would stalk after her sister as always, though that would be a couple days or so after she had started said journey.* "What do you think? Brave enough for the challenge? Or are you too cowardly to leave daddy's side?"

Isabella snorted at her sister's comment. "As if. Sister, our Mother is a demon, father is an angel, and so far we haven't grown any extra appendages. I'm not afraid of anything." She smiled, watching the water flow over the rocks on the beach, wondering if she really wished to find out what was at the end of the rainbow, per say.

"Brave enough? Yes. But I'm not going to go now... I'll go when someone wants to go with me so I won't be so alone." She looked up to her sister and smiled, knowing that even if she had agreed to go with her, it would be more to please her, not because she wanted to go. Same with Daddy... and Mom would simply think it was silly. "Some other time." she repeated mostly to herself, as she stared at the water.

Koudo opened his eyes when he realized that Isabella had stopped being joyful. It was something about her expression that sent a wave of pity through his body and landed in the pit of his stomach. Were these sisters so out of tune with each other that they hated one another? Why did this... Ana... want to try so hard to upset her sister? Why did Isabella try so hard to make Ana happier? There were so many questions that Koudo wanted to ask the both of them.

He stood up and took a step forward then stopped. No, they won't want to talk it over. Why do I care so much? What's wrong with me? I'm better than they are, I don't need this kind of aggravation. Just as fast as the thought came on, the thought left his mind. One little speck of hope that Koudo might turn around and do something right, had vanished. He turned and ran in the direction of the forest, mainly running from the new thoughts he had and from the past of communicating with others.

*Morgana just watched her sister, she neither smiled, smirked or frown at anything that was said. With a mere shake of her head, Morgana stepped past Bella and headed toward down river. Her dusty black tail twitching behind her, possibly brushing against her.* "Come on sissy." She muttered near quietly as she walked. "Lets hope for your sake we're back before dark or it will be hell to pay for the both of us..." *Morgana knew that Mika would most likely be mad that they stayed out all night. Father wouldn't be too happy either, never was when they went off unexpectedly. Still, if it wold shut her up, Morgana, or Ana as her sister christened her, would put up with the walk to river's end and back.*

Though she knew her sister really didn't want to see the river's end like she did, Isabella's eyes sparkled anyways after she offered to come with her. She kissed her cheek quickly knowing Morgana didn't enjoy doing the whole feelings thing. "Thanks Ana! And yeah, it would probably be Daddy to get upset since he tries to make sure Mom doesn't get upset..." She looked away from her sister for a moment, then ran quickly into the forest, her voice trailing behind her. "I'll be right back!"

She slowed once she was in the forest, her eyes darting around looking for the earth colored colt. "Hello?" she called out, walking around warily. She spotted a patch of green move, and she moved to it, smiling when she finially spotted his whole being. "Hey! Come on, we're gonna go for a walk."

Koudo couldn't understand it. He had been so mean to her and she still came over trying to befriend him. Did she miss the fact that everyone hated him because of his never-ending attitude? If so, then she should have known when he called her annoying. Why did she still stick around? Was she trying to make him mad? Or was she really trying to be his friend?

Koudo smiled a crooked smile, stood up, and said, "I'd better not. I'm not the friendly type and you should know that. I don't make friends. I'm not someone you want to 'talk a walk' with."

With that said, Koudo hung his head, turned around and started walking towards the forest, once he reached the entrance he couldn't help but think to himself, What does she see in me that no one else does? What could she possibly see in me that I don't see myself? He shook his head, She was probably just trying to make me mad by putting me on the spot. I'm too good for that. But he just couldn't help but think that he may have just ruined a chance at a pretty decent friendship, though because of who he is, he wouldn't dwell on it.

*Ana had stopped and looked back to where her sister had vanished. What the heck could she be up to? Surely not finding that colt and asking him to come along... Great, just what they needed, a grump. Handing her teal and white head for a moment she soon turned and looked back at them.* "Come on, if you keep slacking off it'll be dark before we even leave here!" Ana shouted shaking her head with a grunt. *Stepping forward she loped a head of them, her eyes half lidded and ears turned back. If only she had wings or something she would be gone by now, but she supposed that wouldn't happen until she was at least their parent's size.* "Come on Love birds!" She shouted impatiently stomping a hoof.

Isabella looked confused as the earth colt stepped away from her, it seemed he didn't want to come though it was clear from his muzzle that in fact he was torn. She nudged him in the other direction towards Ana, trying to force him to come along. "Well I think you're just fine so come on. At least you have emotions, my sister's have been turned off since birth," she told him with a giggle, nudging him more in the right direction.

Her ears flicked towards her sister, her words echoing a bit. "We're coming, we're coming! And we are not in love." She snorted out the last of it, though for the most part her sister's words neither surprised her nor embarassed her. It was Ana who always said she loved everyone. She nodded to the colt, gesturing with her muzzle that he should come along with her, and she kicked at the ground running back to her sister.

"I have to beg your pardon Miss Ana! I am not in love with anyone," Not even my past family... Koudo snorted at her. He didn't want to go but something was edging him on, this feeling that he might actually be accepted. There was something in his heart that begged him to go with them, to make friends.

"Alright, I'll go," Koudo said as he followed Isabella in the direction of her sister. He was silent and hadn't spoken a word even when they reached up to where Ana impatiently stood. He just nodded a hello and looked to Isabella with the expression that this wasn't a very good idea. He had hoped that she would be able to read him. She probably could read him but he said something out loud anyway, "I don't think this is a good idea...I have a horrible past and it prevents me from making friends."

His past was a horrible one with his father and all. He shook his head lightly and rid the memories from his mind and faked a smile. Which was something he obviously wasn't good at seeing as how he never really smiled before. So even faking a smile was kind of hard.

"Could have fooled me." Ana muttered turning away from the pair, her ears still back as she moved further away. "If you're not in love, then surely you must be friends by now with the hot head?" she asked bluntly calling the colt something foul at mind.

*A hidden smile crossed Morgana's face, she was more the likely too far a head of the pair for them to actually see it. It soon vanished as she stopped and listened to the hoof steps of her sister and the earthy colored colt as they grew nearer, she wished they would hurry up, it was going to be noon soon and the heat would sky rocket if they were caught in the sun too long. Morgana was NOT going to get sun burnt because of her sister's inact curiosity.*

"Bella, stop dragging hoof and step it up. I imagine this river goes very far and will take longer if you keep going the pace your going..." She was mildly bored with this all and all too tempted to just leave them behind or curl up under a tree forgetting about it all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:25 pm
Misguided Anger
Apollo and Shila

*The large stallion was tired of running, it felt as if he had been running for ages. His tack was less then glamorous now, the hard leather was tarnished, the leather of his bridle and reins were torn in many places. He didn't even dare lay down with the heavy stuff on, afaid that he wouldn't be able to get up again if he needed to. Heavy hooves stomped the ground with a thudding step, his eye lids were heavier as they threatened to close on him. The metal of his tack rang softly, giving off his position, he only stopped when water crossed his path.

Standing before the moving water he just stared at his wavering reflection, noting the burs that were stuck in his mane and the heavy bags under his slightly sunken in eyes. He had to stop, he had to rest. Lowering his head to the water to quench and undying thirst, he swayed dangerously from side to side. Finally his front knees met the ground, soon followed by the rest of him. His tack jingling loudly with a clash as he laid by the water. It was peaceful here. Maybe he was far enough from the natives to not be bothered? He could only hope so as his eye lids slipped closed over his eyes purging him into a restless sleep. His ears still twitching at any noise that could be around him...*

Shila's ears twitched uncertainly, hearing the pounding hooves of the horse she was asked to trail nearby. The Natives knew he was restless since they made his rider leave him behind, they knew he hadn't stopped wandering, but they couldn't get close enough to him to remove his tack and assure him that he was okay. Knowing that Shila could take care of herself, they sent her out after him to help him out. She walked steadily, slowly to the river, sidestepping obstacles she knew were in her way. When she got closer, she could hear his tack jingle a bit, perhaps looking in her direction to see who approached. She stood a short distance away from him, trying not to frighten the stallion. "Are you alright?"

*He was the pounding in his head from the heat and the weight of his tack was becoming a problem. His black and white head laid upon the ground where he could almost feel the slightest vibrations through his jaw, sorta speak as something came closer. His ears twisted about, listening, but he didn't move. Nor did his eyes even open as someone spoke to him. The voice barely making it past the pounding in his ears, was he alright? Possibly, if the tanned ones had left him alone with his owner.*

"Go away" He muttered without even lifting his head off the ground. "Leave me alone." He was a stubborn one at the moment as he tried to think of what to do, he was really too tired to even get up off the ground. "I don't need anyone's help, let alone the tanned ones that scared off my owner."

Shila smiled, shaking her head slightly. "Well the Natives aren't around at the moment, just me." She walked forward again, nosing along the strap of his saddle until he found a thin part, worn from being used so much she supposed. She nibbled at it until if broke, falling off of him to the ground. Backing up, she smiled halfheartedly. "If you want help with the bridle, let me know. I'll stay away from the Natives overnight so if you do want it off, you won't have to come near them." She turned away from him, galloping a short way to where an apple tree stood, the area beneath it shady.

She laid down after nosing some fallen apples out of the way, and wondered why he seemed to be so distant. His owner was gone, sure, but wasn't it better to be free? Even with the natives, it had always been her choice to come and go as she pleased and so knew the meaning of freedom. Shile listened quietly to the wind rustling the tall grass, feeling the vibrations from the movements of others beneath her body.

*He felt the saddle that had been burdening his back tall to the ground, his eyes snapped open as it was taken, wasn't it bad enough that the tanned ones her scared off his owner? Now they sent a mare to take away all that was left of the best life he had ever had? Still shaking he had stood up and lowered his head toward the mare. His eyes showing everything, but thanks. He was angry.*

"My life was just fine before your brutes scared off the only thing I had. My life couldn't have been better." He grumbled turning away to walk over his tack, the bridle still on his head, not yet wanting that taken to. "Thanks for messing up my life, lets hope yours does the same where you are torn away from the ones you love."

*Hooves still pounding the ground, more out of anger then tiredness, he stalked further away from the mare. Away from the native lands as he knew them. He had to wonder why his owner came ridding in their direction in the first place, all Apollo knew was that his life was ruined and it was the tanned ones fault. It was always their fault from now on in his mind.*

Shila sighed, shaking her head in frustration with the stallion. She didn't understand why he was being so difficult. Why live life in misery when he could get on with it and make something better out of what he had left? She walked after him, trying to keep her movements as quiet as possible so as to not scar him further. Her ears twitched, feeling his movements slow, the vibrations finially falling into nothingness.

She approached silently, but her eyebrows were knitted into a bit of a glare. "You know what... I don't know who you are and I don't really care. But you're in this now and you've really got two options. Sit are sulking for the rest of your life because the natives forced your human away, or you can get over yourself, stop pitying yourself because something bad happened to you." She smiled shook her head thinking that she probably wasn't getting through to him, one who seemed to have everything and still insisted that it wasn't enough.

"It probably doesn't even matter to you though. You probably were a pampered stallion with a heated stall in the winters, a pool in the summers. You had the perfect little life with a city view, right?" She snorted in disgust, her tail flicking as she turned away, heading back towards the river. Her mind flickered as she walked, several images appearing in her mind. She could still remember her own human, though now the memory seemed faint, faded....

*He wasn't quite sure what this mare's deal was, he had just been torn from everything he knew, everything he had lived. And no one seemed to understand him. Were all wild horses this dense that they couldn't see past the end of their noses? He thought not with how this one was acting toward him. He just wanted to go home, feel the soft bristles of his brush against his coat again, but sadly, that wasn't happening now.*

"Say what you want, but you'd never understand. NO one in this place will ever understand." He snorted not looking back. "If you are that insistent on helping, my name's Apollo"

*He found himself a place to lay down, away from the river and away from the mare. There he laid his head on the ground, his ears twisting back to block out the thoughts still buzzing about his mind. Eyes slipping behind heavy eyelids he seemed to fall asleep, not an easy one though. Laying almost completely curls up, there only seemed to be a bit of space for maybe someone to lay beside him, but he hoped not. He hoped to just be left alone.*

She stopped in midstep, her tail flicked a bit faster. Shaking her head, Shilah was becoming increasingly annoyed with this hardheaded stallion. Who did he think he was? He didn't know anything about her, or her background. He probably didn't even realize she was blind which... while she fared very well without her eyesight, her eyes were still a smoky color that was fairly obvious.

She turned around, stomping back to Apollo angrily. "If you're this insistant on being left alone, then stop talking to me. However, while your vocal cords are still in motion, why not dust the cobwebs out of your brain and remember that you don't know anything about me, and thusly have no clue what I would understand." She said all this, hardly taking a breath in between and finially stopping to let her anger subside. Shilah finially let a breath out and went back to glaring at Apollo, who hadn't reacted thus far. "All you know about me is that I come from the Natives. And despite your obvious disdain of them, they took care of me and became my family when I had nowhere to go." She stayed where she was, waiting for some sort of reaction out of the giant stallion. Shilah wasn't afraid of him just because of his size, and wasn't going to stand for his attitude which was making her less happy than she had been before her humans sent her out after him.

*Apollo opened a dark eye and looked toward the mare with a sleepy expression, he hadn't been too observant of her condition, as in her lack of sight, nor of her intentions. Ears twitching in annoyment he gave a snort before closing his eye again.*

"Does it sound like I care? They are your family, not mine. As who may have forgotten I was just torn from them. The man and his family, I was all they had and now they don't even have me. You satisfied?" he asked past a yawn that escaped him. "Now if you don't mind, I'm tired and my head is starting to feel like someone's pounding on it with hooves of metal."

*Shaking his head a little, knocking a forelock away from his eye he sighed shifting a little to try and get more comfortable. Though it was rather difficult with the mare standing so close, sure he could have just kicked her out of the way. He didn't, keeping his legs close to his body. Snorting at the dust that drifted into his nose he opened an eye again.*

"You're not just going to stand there are you?" he asked raising a brow a little. "If you are, might as well pull up a moss patch and lay down before you end up falling." Not that he cared, it was just a momentary act of kindness he supposed.

Shilah's eyebrows were still knitted tightly, though confusion was overwhelming her and making her anger seem insignificant. Was this stallion bipolar? One minute, anger was lashing itself out towards her, the next he was asking her to bed down near him. "If I still had my metal shoes on, I would be happy to oblige. As it is, the natives took them off when I arrived and I've got to say, I'm much more comfortable without."

She turned on him, flicking her tail in his direction as she laid in the soft grass nearby. Keeping her ears alert in the night, Shilah wished that the Natives had assigned someone, anyone else to this task. She wished to be free of Apollo, but she knew that she could never let her humans down once they had asked her to do something for them... they had given her everything. How could she refuse? Laying her head down, she closed her eyes, her thoughts merging into bright colorful dreams...

*The night wasn't all that pleasant, not with the pounding in his head that would refuse to subside for a time. Or the pitter patter of feet near by... Wait... Feet? It had to be a dream right? Apoolo had to be dreaming that he could hear the sounds of feet about him, his head lifting off the ground and the torn bridle being removed from his head... No... It was real, all too real...

Eyes snapping open he was just able to see the bridle he had been wearing being taken away as more ropes were pulled into sight. It didn't take him long to stand and snort at the humans, hos heavy hooves pounding the ground in such a way to make the near by tree shake in fear. Rearing, he cried out lashing at the tanned humans that had snuck up on him in his sleep. Eyes growing narrower with anger he lashed at those tossing more ropes about his neck.

Pulling back against the ropes he refused to give in, refused to leg go of what he had. Shaking his head wildly, he reared again to only be pulled off his hooves, landing hard on the ground. The whole earth seemed to quake with his fall, laying there he kicked at anyone that came close to him. What did they want now? Couldn't they just leave him alone? For once? It seemed highly unlikely...*

Running had always brought joy to Shilah, she'd always dreamed of running... she knew what were dreams, what were reality. In her dreams she could see the blur of the trees and the wind as she dashed through the lands. Hearing the pounding hooves of someone with her was confusing, she looked over to see Apollo running with her. Apollo? Why was he here?

Her ears twitched and she groaned, hearing his hooves still pounding and the earth shaking where she lay with him. "A girl really needs her beauty sleep after a rough night, Apollo." she mumbled, though even to her own ears they sounded like garbled, inconprehensible words. She was sure he couldn't understand her anymore than she understood herself, though that could have been due to the half sleeping state she was still in.

Shilah felt something pulling against her neck, followed by Apollo's hooves crashing to the ground again, which unfortunatly woke her further. "Apollo, it's the middle of the night, can we please sleep and you can go run as much as you want in the morning? Perhaps when the sun is awake as well? Even demons are asleep at this unruly hour..." her voice was whisked away as she tried to fall back asleep even with all the noise about her.

*He wasn't all too sure what the mare was babbling on about. The natives her vanished from sight as the stallion settled himself back down again. Not really knowing what he was feeling about his neck. it certainly wasn't large enough to 'wiggle' out of at the most. Shaking his head, Apollo closed his head and tried to rest until dawn, only then in the brisk twilight did he see what had happened. A rope, it was strung about his own neck. Faintly he could make out that it was also looped about the mare's.

"Just great..." He grumbled shorting, turning his head away from the mare.

*Closing his eyes again, he would wait for her to awaken before moving. Not that it mattered anyways, he could most likely just drag her along without much trouble. An ear twitched as he listened to the sounds of morning, and soon, the 'fun' would begin he supposed now that the bridle had been removed and his saddle was tossed away. Most likely both would be burnt or something, a waste of the fine materials they were made of...*

Sunlight flooded through the grass where Shilah had nestled her head, and she tried to close them tighter againt the light. Her mind slowly came back into conciousness, and she opened her eyes only to shut them again. Why did mornings have to be so bright? She stood up, and shook herself, flinging morning dew everywhere including, she hoped, upon Apollo. She still wasn't sure she forgave him for how he had acted the night before.

She took a step away from him, intending to go to the river for a morning drink. Stopping quickly, she felt a tug at her neck, something preventing her from moving. She found it mid air and finially realized it was a rope, and following it she found it was attatched to Apollo. She flopped down in the grass, giggling terribly. "Oh that is just too funny. Apparantly you need a babysitter, Apollo, and I just got hired. I hope I get paid in corn... I haven't had any in a while." her voice trailed off thinking whistfully back to the village.

*Shaking his head as small drops of water hit his face, standing he looked at the mare who he apparently was 'attached' to. He gave a snort pulling at the rope looking to move further away from her. He didn't need a baby sitter, nor did he wish to have one.*

"When we find a corn field, I'll make sure you have enough to grow fat on." He said clearly sarcastic. "Anything to keep you quite."

*Looking away from the mare he looked about the trees that they had bedded down in. They looked the same but he felt a bit lighter without his tack, it certainly 'was' better to have the bit out of his mouth. turning toward where he could smell something that was sweeter then grass.*

"If we're going to be stuck together we might as well get something to eat..." He half muttered shaking his head heading toward were he could smell something like a garden, much like he used to 'raid' back home...

Shilah stood, pulling back on the rope defiantly. "Don't be mistaken, I might be half your size, but I can still kick your butt to the floor." She snorted, flicking her ears a bit hearing the sounds of the Natives in the distance. "The only corn field around here is behind the Native village, and even I know you don't want to go back there."

She sighed again, flicking her tail as she was slightly frustrated again. "Fine, let's go eat, but I'm leading the way." She pulled at the rope, walking down to where the river was. "What were you and your human doing down here anyways? These lands aren't exactly a prime vacation spot... Even people who know that there are wild horses out here, also know that the natives aren't exactly the most welcoming of white people..." She thought it was odd that he had come to these lands when there was really nothing here of value, nothing special to take from the people here.

*Apollo gave a snort as he lowered his head some, staring at the mare as if she was crazy, him? Follow? That wasn't going to happen. even if she 'could' kick him to the ground. As that old saying went, 'the bigger they are the harder they fall'. Or so as how he thought it was, well he certainly was bigger, but wasn't about the fall because of tis little miss mouth.*

"Whatever you say bright eyes," He snorted backing out of her way, minding to not pull at the rope. "As for what we were doing out here, exploring mainly, trying to find a new place to make home. Where we, rather I was living was getting too crowded." He shook his head. "Not like you would care, you're free to go and do whatever you like. I would rather be with my human and his family."

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:25 pm
The stone faced Healer

*in the denser parts of their forest home, a white and teal splattered mare stalked the trail of something that could have lead to most anything. Wings like her mother's folded to her sides like a great leather cloak. Her black and white horn twinkled in the dappled lighting that managed to peek through the thick branches above. Eyes like her father's stared at the ground beneath her cloven feet as she paced ever forward.*

"Meat..." She murmured to herself as she stopped and looked around the dappled darkness for the quarry that she followed. "Where could it be..." She muttered not knowing that someone could have been following her as well.

*Her nose catching the scent of blood, nostrils flared as her eyes filled with a sort of blood rage. She lurched forward toward the looming scent. Whatever it was that had spooked her some time before was close. She could smell its blood, she had wounded it, her horn, though unnoticed was coated in a thick layer of Crimson, she was close and close was making her even the more hungry...*

Teal eyes opened uncertainly, watching her surroundings carefully in the dark shroud that seemed to encase the forest today. She stood, shaking herself, pieces of bark and leaves flew from her body, dissapearing into the mist that layered the ground. Mika's nostril's flared, smelling the blood of an animal nearby. She closed her eyes, concentrating, and only opened them again when she thought she was over the urge to be a carnivore. She never thought going without would be so hard when there were so many things tempting her.

She followed the smell anyways, her wings outstretched to keep her balance in the fog where invisible branches threatened to trip her. Slowing soon, eyes ever watching her eldest daughter, horn glistening with blood. She chuckled darkly, stepping from the darkness towards Morgana. "I see one of my girls has grown up to be a carnivore. Didn't I teach you to eat grass... and other plants?" she asked, unable to really come up with any other types of plant food. Was she really eating grass these days? "What were you after anyhow?" She looked around, eyes still searching for the creature her daughter had nearly killed.

*She came to an almost staggering halt, wheeling around to eye her mother, her eyes narrowing a bit before she gave a shrug. She had never favored grass or anything of that sort, it made her stomach flopped when she looked at the stuff she had been fed as a foal.*

"No mother, I can't eat that stuff. Bella may have the stomach for it, but it makes me feel sick. Meat is my thing Mother. I heard it was yours too before meeting Father." She said eying the mare that was her mother. "Why did you stop eating meet?" she wondered, though looked back up her path toward the carcase of what she had been following. "And what it was that I was following was the very same wolf that came ofter Bella and I when we were younger." She snorted.

*Turning she walked up the path even further and looked down at the dead wolf. Her eyes glaring at it as she just stood there. It was the same one, it still had the scar from her kicking at it just right. Ears pitching themselves back she reached down to tear at it's hide, she craved meat, she wanted to taste blood over her tongue. All senses dullde to the point of non-existent, she barely remembered that her mother was there...*

Mika smirked, proud of Morgana for the moment. "Yes, I've been eating meat since I was very young. But being with your father gave me a bit of a guilty concious, I suppose." A low growl ripped from her throat hearing of the wolf, and she followed her daughter to the body. She became hungry for the moment, but she looked away until the feeling subsided. Her thoughts lingered on the wolf for a moment, she could still remember the taste of warm blood from a kill.

Trying to distract herself, she looked to her daughter again, trying to keep her eyes from straying to the wolf. "Where have you been staying? I haven't seen you in a while my daughter. You nor your sister have come to see me since you've grown, I was begining to worry." Mika wondered where her other daughter had flitted off to, she thought to ask Morgana but she thought she would have mentioned it already.

Dragging herself away from her feast, Morgana looked toward her mother, blood dripping from her chin like water would after drinking. She shook her head a little watching her look away from the meat that was laid out so beautifully for the both of them to gorge on.*

"I haven't seen my sister, but I have been staying closer then you think." She smiled to her mother. "I stay on the higher mountains, where there's a cave big enough to host a herd in." She nodded turning back to the wolf. "It over looks yours and father's glade where I can just watch you guys. Bella has wandered, that's all that I know of..."

*Trailing off the went back to eating, nudging some toward her mother, hoping that she would dine with her. Morgana hated eating alone, her sister was always repulsed by her eating habits. Morgana ate with a ravenous that it could scare most their kind away, even if it was only her way of eating, her way of surviving the world of the living.*

Mika was concerned about her youngest. She had always expected Isabella to find a nice little place to live, maybe even a stallion soon, yet she was the one wandering like an outsider. Her eyes trailed back to the wolf her daughter had nudged her way, and she finially let hunger take over. She laid on the other side, pulling away a patch of fur to get to the meat below. Mika ate quickly, taking her fill and then standing again. "I'll be at the river," she said simply, turning away from her daughter and heading away to where she new a small river ran and she could wash away the blood from her muzzle.

She stayed there a while, letting her thoughts flicker to her daughters. Emotionless, yet making her way very well, the other nor making her way at all, yet Mika used to have such hope for her. How was she to deal with this? Or was this not her fight at all? She sighed in wonder, truely unsure of what to do. Well at least I don't seem to have to worry about Morgana like I used to...

*Morgana watched her mother walk off after eating, she seemed to have much on her mind. Tilting her head to the side a bit, she watched until Mika had vanished into the shadows and went back to eating. Finishing her meal, she hefted herself off toward where mother had gone. Stepping up beside her, Morgana lowered her head to drink from the river, the blood washing from her face as well, leaving her coat white again.*

"Something the matter mother?" she asked tilting her head, acting as if she really did have a heart instead of a cold stone. "Because you seem troubled..."

"Just let me know when you see your sister again. Look out for her. I'm sure you'll see her before I do, and I have a feeling she's doing a lot worse than she was as a filly." She smiled remembering how small they both used to be. "She was never one to wander without you, you know." She couldn't quite understand where either of their personalities came from, Bella so vibrant, Morgana seemingly emotionless and angry when not. They were polar opposites, but they somehow fit.

"Have you managed to see your father lately? I'm sure it would be of great comfort to him to see how well you're doing." She chuckled and shook her head. "Well, except for the meat eating and all." Mika thought of Kenjin, knowing that he would be proud of their daughters no matter their wings. He'd never mentioned how he felt about her carnivorism, she simply thought it to be unusual to eat meat and love so deeply. It was somehow contradictory.

"I have a feeling that Bella went off to see Grandmother. You know she wanted to learn Gram's ability to heal." Morgana said grimly. "She will turn out like her, But then I must be like father... Right?" she asked tilting her head to the side a little, wondering if she was the bringer of death is Bella went to be a healer like their grandmother. "I've seen father once, He came to check up on me, also asking about Bella. I told him that she might be with Gram, haven't seen him since. Most likely there or somewhere." She gave a shrug still watching her mother. "But you shouldn't worry, I'm sure both can take care of themselves and Gram won't let anything happen to Father." She tried to smile, but failed and her face became a stone mask once more.

Mika shook her silky mane, seemingly saying no to her daughter. "The truth is that I don't know which of you has inherited Kisha's healing abilities, and which of you has taken the qualities of your father. I nearly flinched when she asked your grandmother to teach her to heal... once I awoke in the night, hearing her cry out in pain as if she was having a nightmare turn to reality, though there was no one around." She thought about her love for a moment; he'd never really spoken to her about the nightmares that burned his mind since he was a foal, memories that were not his, but haunted him anyways. She's feared one of her girls would inherite them as well, but now that one of her daughters seemed to be showing signs, Mika didn't want to believe it.

She looked to her daughter and feigned a smile. "There's hope for you yet. I suppose only Bella's lessons with Kisha will tell us. If she cannot heal, then you must learn." She didn't speak the words that would forever condem her youngest, she wouldn't say that if Bella couldn't learn then she was much too like her father, the bringer of death as Morgana had put it so easily, seemingly without worry if it was herself. Surely, surely there must be some way out of this...

*Morgana gave her mother the most oddest look, as if saying that she was crazy, and that Morgana herself wouldn't even think about going to learn to heal. In truth, she wouldn't really set hoof near her grandmother's village, her sister was trust worthy enough to be there, With her wings and all, but Morgana was a different story. Turning her head away from Mika she knelt down and dipped her horn into the current to wash the blood from it.*

"If things turn out badly for my sister, I doubt I would learn. Healing is never my thing and I doubt any would come to me for healing anyways." She snorted standing again, shaking her head, trying to dry the horn. "I bet Bella can learn, she's the one to learn it." Morgana nodded soon staring at the water, hoping with all her might that she doesn't have to be the healer...

Chuckling lightly at her daughter, Mika shook her head a bit. "Don't be put off dear one. The villagers don't seem to mind me being there, yet they don't want Kenjin around. Perhaps they have a sort of sixth sense, so they know which walk the earth for life and which for death." Thoughts flickered and Mika's mind raced for a moment, thinking of what Morgana had said before. Bella has wandered, that's all I know of...

No... it was true. If Bella had gone to her Grandmother to learn to heal and they chased her away... That must have been why. It was truely Morgana who should have been born with feathery wings, blessed by the angelic features that would allow her to fit within the village that was proud to boast Kisha's powers. Of course, they would accept Morgana, but they would always be wary with those teeth that sunk into flesh and killed so savagely. She gave a light shudder, thinking of both her girls living with these half lives where neither would be accepted. But how to tell them? Mika needed to speak with Kenjin, and soon.

*Morgana only watched her mother for a moment before rolling her eyes. The villagers wouldn't accept her even if she was a 'healer' so her mother assumed her to be. She wouldn't admit it to anyone if she was, she was a meat eater, like many good demons were. That did include her mother of course.*

"Well if I were the healer of the family, I wouldn't boast about it and be the laughing stock of the demon kind." She stated thinking that she wasn't part angel at all even if certain qualities screamed it. "But I do have to wonder what did happen to Bella if she was chased away from the village, surely Gram wouldn't let anything happen to her..." She shook her head opening her wings a little, suddenly, hidden feelings for her sister crept into her mind. She had to find out of Bella WAS with Gram or not...

An eyebrow raised at her daughter's mixed appearance, the curly mane and feathery front feet that marked her as part angel, not to mention the spiraling horn in the center of her forehead that was most prominant. "Morgana, if you went over the dark mountains to where I grew up, you wouldn't just be a laughing stock, you would be dinner. Neither you nor your sister can ever go there." Of course, they might take mercy on her if they found out the halfbreed was Mika's daughter, but she couldn't count on it. Neither of them would be safe there.

She shook her mind off the darkness over the mountains, concentating on what Morgana was saying for the moment. "No, Kisha wouldn't let anything happen to her, but if they knew what Bella was I'm sure she wouldn't stop them from chasing her away. They don't like your father being there either but she stays with them anyways."

*Morgana watched her mother and only nodded, she wasn't really thinking of going into the dark mountains. It was what her great aunt Kishan had been telling her, but she could only sigh at the half angelic face that stared back at her from the rippling water. Perhaps she would find a place where she could be accepted, but it wasn't in the dark mountains and it didn't seemed o be with her Gram either. Turning away from the water she started at her mother.*

"Mind if I ask what it was like on the other side of the mountains? I'm not going there, I just want to know. For... Future reasons, and as a warning." She stated, though she was curious about the place.

*Stretching her wings a little, Morgana only watched her mother, still thinking of her sister, hoping that she was alright. She knew well that her Gram and Aunt wouldn't let anything happen to her, Kishan hated family, but seemed to take a unique liking to them for some off reason... Perhaps it was because they were more then just halflings? She wasn't quite sure, but time would tell she supposed.*

Mika knew this talk would one day come, though she had hoped to prolong it as long as possible. Clearly that wasn't an option today. "In the darkness across the mountains, the woods are thick and crawling with demons, much like myself. Some worse. I was grown up much before my sister Leah came along, and when she did, not one was more surprised and angry than my father. She was wingless, and as such, she became the family punching bag. Her and another of our sisters were out one day when a demon from another family killed our sister. It's been such a long time... I don't even remember her name. I hardly remember any of my family." She paused to think, hoping she could remember something, something good about the place she used to live, but could not.

"I suppose that many of the demons there find it nice, they must stay for a reason. But I just remember that so many of the younger generations died at the teeth of the elders. It's not a good place to live, not for anyone who wants to live. You never know who will by next Morgana." She looked at her daughter sternly, hoping that she realized just how angerous it was. Not only for her to go there, but if Morgana did come back, Mika just might kill her daughter herself.

*The more she heard about the place the more she seemed to want to go, but then again, also the more she heard the less she wanted to go. It was her mothers Stern look that made her remember when she and her sister had gotten into trouble in their younger day, Turning a little to nuzzle against her mother, minding to not poke her with her horn she smiled.*

"I wouldn't go there Mother. I'm sure Bella wouldn't either, that place sound hellish and unimaginably harsh. Was the reason why you left because of all that cruelty?" She wondered tilting her head a little. "Or did Father have something to add into life on this side?"

*She didn't know why she really wanted to know, it seemed common sense that anyone would leave that place. She would if born there, she was glad to be born in the lands of her father and Grandmother. It seemed less of a nightmare and more of a pleasant dream. Maybe when she was 'older' she would seek out this dark place and have a look for herself, but not right now, it was too soon for plans.*

Mika was surprised when her emotionless daughter nuzzled her, but she soon recovered and reciprocated. "No dear, I didn't leave for either of those reasons. The truth is that I was as dark as a starless night before my sister and Triveni came to see me. They asked me to return with them, and I really don't know why, but, with time I did." She wondered if this new information would shock or disturb her daughter... that her mother was once a killer more vicious than Morgana and even many of the older demonics there.

"I was raised to be a killer, not a horse but a killer. We didn't even always kill for food, sometimes it was simply for a good chase. I once participated in killing one of our own for just that reason." She shook her head slowly, shamed. It was bad enough that she'd lived comfortably there as part of the herd, but she'd enjoyed it, relished the hunt just before the kill. Even if it was how she was raised, she didn't have to like it, the way Leah had hated it. If only she'd been born wingless as well...

*The whole things barely disturbed her, it sounded fascinating actually, to chase something down before killing it. Sounded much like a game of wits, but she kept such thoughts to herself as she merely nodded. Thinking it would be best, not to open her mouth to say how fun it would have been to chase down one of the foals that had appeared around them while she and her sister were new borns.*

"Sounds dreadful." She only said though wishing she could have joined the fun... "I don't think I could have handled it all." Shaking her head she turned her face toward the skies where her wings urged her to be, more then upon solid ground. "Mother? You think we should go and check to see if Bella is with Gram?" she asked turning her blue gaze back toward Mika, her wings stretching out a little revealing their thin leathery membranes.

Unfolding her wings carefully, spreading them out yet letting them remain hanging instead of fully outstretched. "Yes... I'm quite worried about your sister. She was always attatched at your hip when you two were young, I hoped it would remain somewhat that way." She shook her head, ignoring these thoughts for the moment. Her wings flapped harshly in the air, darting around the trees above her until she flew over them towards the village. She did not look back to see if her daughter had taken to the skies yet, instead concentraiting on the village which was drawing nearer. She tucked her wings, flapping them only a couple times as she fluttered to the ground, quickly folding them under again.

She walked closer to the entrance of the Native village, peeking in only to see the villagers looking back at her, some with fear, some anger, and some seemingly undisturbed. Perhaps a few of them remembered it was she who saved their fiery village. I hope we don't have too much trouble getting in here...

*Morgana watched her mother vanish through the trees before she herself bounces along the branches, the ones that would hold her at least before letting her wings completely flared at her sides. Catching a warm thermal under her wings, the halfling rose up behind her mother and continued o pretty much glide toward the village where Kisha was supposed to be teaching Bella to heal. She landed just behind her mother and looked at the humans. Many shied away from her as she folded her wings to her sides, her fangs glistening in the light as she pressed on a step or two behind her mother. Her tail twitching behind her.*

"They love to just stare don't they?" Morgana said in an amused fashion as she turned quick to notice on trying to come up behind her and reach out for her tail. "That and they like to touch what isn't theirs..." she snorted swatting the human away with her tail. "No wonder Father didn't much like it here... The creatures are most annoying." She shook her head looking toward here she could see Kisha... Well her tail at least behind one of the far teepees....*

Mika flashed a grin to her eldest. "Yes, they are curious creatures, though I know it's not the first time they've seen demons. Kisha's sister is of our variety." She turned to look back into the village, stepping farther inside, nodding to the few who seemed resigned about their presence, even if they weren't happy about it. Her tail flicked casually to keep the hands that strayed there from tangling her hair. She finially saw what Morgana had seen from the entrance, Kisha's golden tail flicking behind a teepee towards the back.

She picked up her pace, turning into the yard beside the teepee where Kisha was. Mika's face fell when she saw Kisha was alone there, her youngest was not with her. She moved closer so she could face the angel and she smiled at her weakly. "Hello Kisha." Her eyes glanced behind her to see Morgana coming in as well, trailing behind her. "Have you seen Isabella? I know she wanted to learn to heal from you, and neither Morgana nor myself have seen her... I'm a bit worried."

*Kisha looked up from what she had been doing and looked back toward Mika and Morgana, her face lit up upon seeing them. Turning she stepped forward to greet them as any family member would as she nodded to Mika's question about seeing Bella.*

"I saw her, she's with my sister Kishan fetching something for me. Something the matter?" she asked tilting her head to the side a little. "Did something happen?" she asked concerned looking from Mika to Morgana.

*After snapping at a human that had come and tried to tie something about her neck, Morgana picked up the pace behind her mother and rounded the turn to stand there watching her grandmother. She was an old mare who had mothered many and had many grand kids and lower that she possibly didn't know about... Then again, Morgana didn't know about it either... She could only guess.*

"Hello Gram." She greeted only nodding letting her mother do the talking.

Mika shook her head, trying to process this bit of information. "No, nothing has happened. You're the only one that has spoken to her since she's grown up." Her worried glance flickered to her eldest for a moment, then back to Kisha. "The villagers didn't seem at all uneasy when she was here?" She looked behind Morgana, seeing several faces staring, glaring, some chattering, the anger in their voices rising above her own thoughts. "Kind of like that..." she muttered, mostly to herself.

She sighed, trying to figure out just what she wanted to say to Kisha. Mika spoke uneasily in hushed tones, not sure if she was somehow afraid the humans would understand, or that her daughter would hear. No matter Kisha's answer, it wouldn't be good for either of her daughters. "I need to know if Bella can heal, if she takes after you or her father."

*Kisha looked at Mika still a little concerned for their visit, though she wasn't really meaning to. What had happened, she had to wonder silently though merely shook her head a little looking back at the natives. Stepping forward she moved aside to allow them further out of sight of the humans who didn't quite seemed too pleased about the demon and her halfling offspring.*

"I haven't really paid that much attention, Bella only comes to me at night for some reason, saying that she can't sleep..." She began before moving to usher them into a more private place to speak. "She's spoken to me many times about having strange dreams that didn't seem her own. Like... Like she was watching from someone else's eyes." Kisha shook her head with a sigh. "That and she's spoken of strange experiences where she could see how own body... But that was all that she'd spoken about. I hope not to frighten or upset you Mika." She said apologetically. "But yes, your Daughter has started lessons on healing herbs and roots, so far things have been going well, besides sometimes to herbs wither before they can be used properly..." She stopped speaking feeling a little weak as if she had done something regrettable.

*Morgana was all too happy to move further away from the humans who didn't seem all too comfortable with her and her mother around. Was there something about her that was setting them off? Was her mother? She couldn't tell as she moved over to where the trees shaded the back outreaches of the village and behind Kisha's human's home. it was there that she settled down to listen to her Gram and Mother talk. What was all this about her sister? Was there something wrong with her? If Morgana had a heart it was hoping that her sister was going to be alright.*

Nightmares? Whithering herbs? Being able to... look at herself while out of her body? What was happening to her daughter? "It's useless to teach her further, Kisha. Morgana is the healer in the family, the herbs that die by Bella's hoof confirm that." Her voice faded, becoming no more than a whisper as her fears were realized. "Bella is our death bringer." She looked to Morgana, smiling at her weakly, happy that she didn't have to deal with the curse of her father. "She's stubborn, but Morgana needs to learn now."

Her mind was swirling, wondering what she would tell Isabella, would she ever understand? Mika knew Bella was never as strong as her sister, or perhaps she just didn't know she had any strength. Either way, the outcome did not look good. Would she learn to use the 'gift' she was given the way Morgana would now have to, or would she try to ignore it the way Kenjin seemed to?

*Kisha looked baffled as she looked over toward the one that seemed less likely to learn to heal and Bella was soo willing to. Shaking her head a little she looked at Mika, hoping for the best of both her daughters. Knowing well the heart break that could come with finding out what will happen. She, herself had found it in her own children, well in one at least the others of her line seemed to deny their linage and it filed to duplicate. For that she was somewhat grateful, but also disappointed...*

"I'm sorry that the news couldn't have been happier for you Mika. It's a terrible thing to have one doomed to a painful life as my son." She sighed looking over at Morgana. "Alright Ana, seeings that your sister is your bipolar in I believe just about everything?" she mused looking at Mika hoping to lighten the spirits of them both. "You are going to be starting your healing lessons." She said sternly as if not going to put up with Ana's fuss.

*Shaking her head as if this was all just one bad dream. Her? Heal? That was out of the question, she couldn't heal. She wouldn't, it wasn't her nature to heal, if anything she could have switched places with Bella. Healing was NOT going to be happening with her.*

"Look Gram, as well as I would love to carry on your tradition I..." She halted knowing well that she would get a glare from her mother for refusing... "Alright, if it will keep the family happy I will learn your trades in healing." She said finally rolling her eyes wishing to be somewhere else...

Mika nodded grimly to Kisha, but tried to brighten up when she spoke to Ana about healing. She didn't know Kisha knew how to be forceful, even if she was doing it badly. "Yes, Morgana, you will learn to heal because your sister cannot. Which means you can and you must." She smiled, happy that at least one of her children would be doing good for the world, even if she wasn't happy about it. "Don't worry, I'm sure it will be fun." she said with a chuckle, knowing that anything that would be fun for someone else would be torture to Morgana. Her attention was lifted when she heard feathery wings flapping overhead. Did Kenjin come to visit his mother?

"Ana!" Isabella had never been so excited to see her sister as she was now. "It's so good to see you! God it's been a long time," she nodded, looking over her sister. "Listen, Grandma, there was a bit of a problem with the Dark Marsh Roots... they got all dried out. I dunno what I did wrong but Kishan got some more for me and is on her way here." She bit her lip, hoping Kisha wouldn't be upset that she brought her sister here, though she expected not since she sent Bella there to her in the first place.

For the first time, she noticed her mother there as well, and Isabella's eyebrows knitted together uncertainly. "Wow, are we having a family reunion or something? If we are, I think you guys forgot to invite Daddy," she giggled, though she expected at least her mother to laugh with her and she didn't. "What's going on?"

*Kisha turned her head and looked up at Bella as she was coming back from the marshes she had sent her and her own sister to. To fetch something that would be useful. Kisha only smiled and gave a soft laugh hearing that the roots got dried out. It wasn't that bad of a deal really, But it did make her feel that it wasn't as funny. After a few moments her face turned Grim as she looked at Mika wondering if she should explain, of what. In any case, Bella had to know...*

"Bella... There's some news that you have to hear. It's concerning your sister and yourself. Bella, you're not the healer you want to be. Your path leads down the same roads as your father. A necromacer if you will. The roots didn't really dry out, they withered." She was finding it harder to explain where it should be so simple. "Your sister, Ana is the one who is to learn to heal, I am sorry Bella." She frowned, hoping Bella wouldn't take everything the wrong way...

*Kishan wasn't too far behind her halfling niece, dangling from her mouth fresh Dark Marsh Roots, ones that hadn't really 'dried' out. Settling down she tossed the roots onto the ground near her sister and looked around. It was a strange feeling to be surrounded by family that it was making the demon feel a bit ill, it was a wonder she survived this long without gaining the children her sister had.* "Ah... I'll leave you guys to... Chat..." She said before vanishing back into the skies where she would most likely remain watching.

*Morgana stood near glaring at her Gram and mother, though her face remained a stone mask. Looking up as her sister came in for a landing, she went forward to greet her sister as she had always done.*

"It's good to see you too. I would ask how things were going, but it seems fate wasn't on our sides." She sighed looking back at Gram and Mother. "I wish we could trade places." She whispered watching Bella, knowing well that her sister wished to heal where Ana did not...

*Ears flattening back as Kisha mentioned that it was she that was to learn, Ana grimaced gently turning to stand beside her darker sister, still wondering why it was her that had to heal. Was she really destined to help the sick? In truth, she would rather eat it instead...*

Isabella's face fell, unsure of what they were saying. How could Ana be the one to heal? She didn't even want it! She closed her eyes tightly, as if willing herself to wake up from this horrid nightmare but fate wouldn't have it. "I don't understand how this could have happened. What can I do? I don't want to be this way Gram." She was comforted for a moment, her sister wishing that they could switch places, but still by her side when she was needed.

Maybe I can still learn.... the herbs didn't always die. I didn't always kill them.... This last thought was disturbing to her. Bella was a murderer. She supposed that it was a good thing she had never caught the butterflies she chased after so longingly as a filly, their deaths would have been on her hooves as well. It was a wonder her touch didn't kill everyone. Perhaps this wasn't how being a... a 'necromancer' worked, but to her it was the same thing. She was a killer, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Mika's ears flicked backwards, her forehead creasing into worry. What was she to do with these daughters who wanted to be one thing but couldn't? She stepped to her youngest, kissing her on the cheek and giving her a weak smile. "I'm sorry sweety. Perhaps Kenjin will know what to do... but I just don't. I'm sorry." She turned, unfolding her wings and flying back to the darkness of the forest she lived. If only I could do something for them...

*Kisha watched her granddaughters seem taken back by the knowing that they wouldn't be who they thought they would be. Shaking her head, her golden mane brushed over her neck as she sighed lightly, stepping over to the pair, watching them both carefully as if looking for other differences then the lesser seen ones. She could not, they were sisters, blood and bone of each other and yet of not each other as well.*

"I'm sorry Bella, fate deals rotten hands in life, just as it had dealt me one so long ago with my brother." She frowned looking at the ground for a moment. "But there might be a way, that you can still learn to help those pass over into the other realms more peacefully." She nodded hoping that would sooth Bella. "But don't think that this divides you both like a river divides the lands. You two will have to rely upon each other more then ever. Where there are strengths there are greater weaknesses, keep that in mind the both of you." She nodded barely noticing that Mika had gone back to where she lived with Kenjin.

*Morgana watched her sister, wishing that they could change places, but there was also something that Gram had said that somewhat frightened her. 'Where there are strengths there are greater weaknesses'. What had she meant by that? She was strong on her own, she didn't really need anyone protecting her or looking out for her. Blinking a couple times, Ana watched her mother fly away, leaving her at the mercies of Kisha.*

"What are you getting at Gram?" She asked still a bit puzzled. "I'm strong on my own. I won't need anyone looking out for me..." Or so she would think anyways...

Bella snorted at her sister, so headstrong and independant. Hadn't she learned with the wolf that she couldn't survive on her own? She turned her attention back to her grandmother. "Yes, I'm sure that will ease the pain of knowing that I might have killed them in the first place. Now I get to show them the way out, as well?" She shook her head, clearly unhappy with the situation. Isabella didn't mean to snap at Kisha, she felt sorry for it, but being able to see her... her victems through to the other side wasn't going to help her one bit. Even if they weren't all hers, it still didn't sound very appealing.

"Look Gram, I get that you're trying to help, but it's no good. I'm not good." She shook her head, kicking at the ground with her hoof uncertainly. Her emotions were conflicting so strongly, Isabella simply wanted to disappear. She looked to Kisha, truly afraid of what she was now. She couldn't learn from Kisha, she couldn't learn from Daddy as far as she knew, but maybe she could somehow learn on her own...

*Kisha backed up a step away from the girls, Morgana seemed to step at the same time as she did. Staring at Isabella wide eyes a bit she was completely thrown off by what came out of her granddaughter's mouth.*

"That is not what I meant Isabella. I meant in the way of you guiding the souls of those that want to leave the plain of the mortals. You don't actually have to kill them, if at all." She shook her head this time and turned to walk over toward where she and her sister would sleep and seemed to be hunting for something.

Morgana backed away from her sister a little at teh sudden out burst and blinked a little wide eyed. She didn't think her sister have that sort of frustration within her body. Her wings being half unfolded closed again as she nuzzled against her sister, not minding the close comforts.*

"Bella, You can still learn with me even if it won't work. Anything to not be alone with Gram. please?" she asked her sister, hoping that she would stay. "You never know, you could teach the skills to future generations if Gram or I aren't alive. You never know, even useless things could come in handy, if you know what to look for and how things should work."

*It was a good try, she thought hoping that Bella wouldn't leave her alone with their Gram. True things wouldn't come out the way they should if she herself tried them. But maybe, just maybe with the know how she could guide others in two fields... With a minimal pleading look within her eyes, Morgana hoped whole heartedly that her sister would stay.*

Isabella shrugged off her sister, not really sure where she wanted to go from here. Sure, she could try to be good, but who was denying the inevitable of what she was? She was a murderer, a killer, and that's what she did to the plants every time her gram tried to teach her to heal. "I can't do this Morgana. I can't pretend to be good when I'm not." She shook her head, and two tears fell from her deep blue eyes. "I'm sorry." Her wings unfolded quickly and she took to the air, trying to fly away from what she was and what she'd become. The ruffling of her feathery wings almost gave her hope that maybe she could be better than she was, but it was a quickly fleeting hope.

Maybe someday I'll be better...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:10 am
Lose a Mother find another?
Winter Star, Mamon, Pandora and January

*It didn't seem that long after finding their legs that the ice and fire twins, if one could call them twins was bustling about exploring what little ground they were allowed by their father. The soul parent that had the heart to not abandon them. They knew not of their demonic mother, he didn't seem it wise to tell the young minds that they would not live the life of an unmarked sprite, for they would never be free, truly free from the pains and burdens of their parent's ways. But for the time, the icy stallion laid within the shade of an old pine, watching his children play without fear, without care. to just be themselves for once in their lives before something else would take over and their lives would be forever changed....*

"I'm going to get you Pandora!" Shouted the young colt as he chased after his lighter colored sister.

*His coat was a crimson color, much like his mothers, folded to his back small wings, another representation of an unknown source. His black eyes watched his sister weave before him as he tried to keep up. Small flakes of snow had started to uncontrollably fall from his light gray mane, his icy hooves making some of the dying grass stand on end, frozen.*

"Come back!" He shouted as Pandora gained a better lead on her brother.

*A laugh came from the icy filly as she turned again to almost loop around behind her brother. Her light blue coat glistening in the light as the red upon her face burnt a fiery color in the sun light. Solid amethyst eyes glanced at her crimson brother, noting his face had a mask of blue nearly the same color as her own coat. Her flame colored tail flapping behind as she dodged her brother's grasps again.*

"Going to have to catch me Mamon. I'm not going to stop that easily." She shouted back as she dashed past the place where their father now slept, it seemed that he awaited for night fall where he would be able to watch his young sleep in the cool of night.

Sun light sparkled off of the garnet gem coat, light was absorbed by the black mane as the kind hearted mare continue her aimless walk. Having seen one of the foals she had helped raise turn into pure evil the mare had lost faith in herself.

Though faith lost the sound of playing foals reached her ears like a warm ray of sun shine. Ah, her poor heart just couldn't help but at least go and gaze upon happy foals. Yoko had been a nightmare from the first day the red panda marked half-demoness came into January's company.

Topping one of the gentle rolling hills, the mare spied the two young foals. A filly and a colt completely different in color but obvious siblings. The dark eyes looked around for the parents of the siblings. They couldn't be old enough to be off of their mother's milk, where was the mother of these two?

The snow falling off of the colt's mane made her think of the season of her birth. Ah winter was coming soon, but that wasn't important now. January shook her head and continued to look for the parents, then she saw the shadow in the trees. The horse of the winter.

*Mamon poured on the speed and turned a bit too quick and took a small topple, but only came to sit up with a laugh, his bristled mane a bit tussled and covered with bits of grass. Shaking his head he looked around for Pandora, wondering of where his sister had gone, she was no where to be seen... Well so he thought... Standing he snuck around a bush where he could have sworn where he had seen Pandora's fiery tail twitching, only to have scared a fox...*

"Got Ya... Yipes" he yelped with a start and backed away and ended up bumping into Pandora who had been sneaking up on him instead. Sitting down beside her, they both seemed to break out in laughter.

*Pandora had turned to get away from her brother as he had toppled past her, she let a giggle escape her as she hid behind another bush, far from where her brother was looking. When he headed away from her she came out of hiding, to only get bumped into, they both laughed as the fox went back to its own business, after a few grunts and growls at the young pair.*

"looks like we got each other, huh Mamon?" she giggled nipping at his frosty mane, though something else caught her eye. Something red and shiny? "Come on Mamon, lets go see what that is?" she whispered looking toward where January would be standing. Both standing, they snuck past their sleeping father and toward the distant hill where something 'shiny' stood.

The young colt topped over as his sister by passed him and in the process scared a young fox. The growling red coated creature disappeared into different bushes, January's breath had been caught as the small canine bristled. Then sighed when it disappeared.

A smile came up to her muzzle when the soft laughter of the young twins came up the hill. She wasn't paying much attention anymore to the reflection of light off of her oddly gem like coat, but she noted that the two were now coming her way.

Shaking out her mane, January decided to walk a bit down the hill side to greet the foals. No sense of them getting into trouble with their parents if it could be avoided.

*No journey was long for the twins before they were again in another game of tag with each other, tumbling around, wrestling, anything they could get away with while their father was asleep. They hadn't noticed how far they had gone from him, nor that the mare had started coming toward them.*

"I got you, I so got you Pandora!" Mamon squealed as his sister tore after him.

"And I'll get you back." Pandora grinnde as she stretched her neck out and tugged at his tail before turning directions to evidently bump into something that hadn't been there before...

*Mamon squealed again as his tail wa tugged and turned after his sister to only put on the breaks in order to not run into her, but still did. Both collapsed upon each other in a tangle of legs and small mismatched colored bodies. Sides heaving, they soon straightened themselves out and look up at what they had run into, it certainly didn't feel like a tree or bush...*

The two foals began to run and January didn't realize how close the two had gotten to her, or vis versa. The young filly ran into her first and then the young colt tumbled into her as well. Staggering backward she looked downwards at them with apologetic eyes.

"Sorry, my dears, I didn't mean to run into you. I'm January a lone walker, may I ask what your names are?"

*The pair looked up at the tall mare they had bumped into, their eyes growing a little large at the thought that they had actually bumped into a stranger. Both standing and backing away in equal steps and motions, both Mamon and Pandora looked up at the mare, who's coat shone like a gem in the sunlight. Both seemed a lose for words at the moment before Pandora was the first to find her tongue to speak.*

"My name's Pandora, this is my brother, Mamon." She started soon nudging her brother to knock him out of the stare like gaze.

*Shaking his head, Mamon looked at his sister before looking up at the mare. again he shook the fuzziness from his head before smiling.* "A pleasure to meet you January." He said nodding before looking upon his sister who merely rolled her eyes.

*Mamon smiled sheepishly at his sister who shook her head at him. Wondering what had gotten into his mind, but that was a minor detail that was easily forgotten as she looked back to the mare. Though one thing nagged at her mind that was bound to get out sooner or later...*

"What's a Lone walker?"

With the smile still in place, she wanted to make sure the two foals, now known as Pandora and Mamon, knew she wasn't a threat. "The same, pleasure to meet you two as well. Beautiful names that have been graced upon you." January wasn't lying it was the truth, they were beautiful names, uncommon but beautiful.

Pandora then asked the question that January had figured would be asked. "A lone walker is someone without with out a herd or a place to call home."

*Pandora tilted her head to the side as she heard the answer to her question, it sounded somewhat familiar, turning her head around to where they had come, back toward where their father still lay unaware of what was going on about him.* "So Father is a lone walker? He says we don't have a herd or a home." She said looking back toward January, trying to understand what a lone walker was.

*Mamon on the other hand had taken a step away from his sister to walk around the mare. Watching her, looking her over a bit before coming back to his sister's other side. His small demonic wings stretched at his sides before falling back his sides. It seemed he was a bit inquisitive about how the mare looked, she was somewhat their color, well his at least... Before really realizing what he was saying it sorta poped out...*

"Are you our mother?" He asked to only get started at by his sister, who was a bit shocked at the question...

January looked over Pandora's head towards the direction of the winter stallion. She had heard of him, but figured that the season horses had a herd of their own and they weren't loners. Her eyes moved back to the young filly's face. "That is a possibility, Pandora," she answered the filly with the best of her capability.

She was completely oblivious to the circling of Mamon, that was until he was back at his sister's side. The four words that came out of the colt's mouth made her eyes widen and then January shook her head. The mare's heart shattered in her chest and sadly her head shook, "Oh, no sweetheart. I don't know who your mother is?" She didn't care if the colt had small demonic wings, probably from his mother, or anything that most would back away from. She had lived with one of the rogues of the Riverbend herd for a few seasons after all.

*The pair looked at each other, well Pandora seemed to almost glare upon her brother's question, if she had been their mother, he certainly would not have had his wings and she wouldn't have had the spurs upon her legs. Dangerous they were and a pain when trying to sleep. Soon looking back toward January, they both had to shake their heads sadly.*

"No we do not." Mamon said looking back at January.

"We don't know who our mother was. Father doesn't speak of her and we haven't even seen her once, not even after we were born." Pandora finished her brother's statement.

*They both had to look at the ground then as if in shame that they didn't actually know their linage. for all they knew, there weren't horses at all, but other creatures that looked like them to hide from something. Still, they had a father and that seemed like all they needed, even if a mother could have balanced out the unevenness of the small 'family'.*

Seeing the glare, January felt like she could at least give the possible reasoning to such a question, to Pandora for her brother at least. "My coat looks similar to the red in the two of yours. For not seeing your mother at all it isn't surprising that he asked."

She then listened to the foals some more. What type of mother actually left newborns! The thought was repulsive, but maybe it was best. What if the mother was prone to devouring the foals, like another mare she worried about.

At least they had their father. That was better then some stories she had heard. Some foals grew up without a soul to watch over them. What did one say about an abandoning mother? January didn't have any idea.

*Pandora still wasn't too sure on what to say to the mare as she seemed to dismiss her brother's question as if an every day thing. She only sighed shaking her head looking back toward January. Her amethyst eyes watching her a moment before she turned to her 'sulking' brother and nudged him hopefully back to his senses.*

"It was kind of out of the blue at least..." She muttered watching Mamon.

*Mamon gave a slight snort at his sister as she nudged him. Turning, the crimson colored colt started back toward where their father laid. It seemed that he wasn't in the mood to play anymore. In truth, they both seemed beat.*

"Coming Pandora? I'm sure father wouldn't like us wandering off too far..." he shouted back. "January can come too... I guess, Father wouldn't mind... I don't think..."

*Pandora looked at her brother as he wandered back toward Father, it did seem like it was getting late. Where had the day gone?*

"Yea I'm coming." She shouted back to her brother before looking at January, "You coming too?" she asked before turning and darting after her brother.

Bitting her lip January just nodded to Pandora's words. The question had been out of the blue, but she didn't mean any disrespect to either with her quick notions. As Mamon moved back towards the foals' father, hesitation quivered through her muscles.

After being questioned on following the two siblings. January didn't hold back too long and figured the least she could do was also meet the daring father that was raising two foals on his own. Though she didn't have a doubt that for a horse that controlled the wintry season, two foals wouldn't be a problem...or at least this was her thinking.

"I don't see why not, that is unless your father chases me off," she replied after the two.

"Father's not that mean, he's a bit cold sometimes, but he's not mean." Pandora insisted as she stepped away from her brother and aimed to pounce upon the stallion that laid close by.

*Kinda tip toeing up behind the icy blue stallion, she stopped got a moment before leaping at him, though the old stallion merely opened his eye and looked back at Pandora's crimson masked face. She smiled at him before slipping off his back and tumbled into her brother whom had come up to the side.*

"Father we..." Mamon had begun before being toppled into and felling off to the side with an out burst of laughter. "Can January be our mother?" he asked though shocking his father quite a bit...

*After being awakened by his daughter leaping upon his back. Winter Star looked at them both as one toppled into the other and only smiled upon them before blinking at Mamon. Wondering who this January was, the old stallion pulled himself to his hooves and nuzzled against his children.*

"I don't know Mamon, I'd have to meet this January first." He chuckled nudging the colt over into the slightly frozen grass, soon after nudging Pandora the same way. "But for now, it seems that sleep is best for two worn out foals."

"But Father, we're..." He yawned and laid his head down upon the grass..

"No that tired." Pandora finished for her brother as she bounced back to her hooves, though her brother remained laying stretched out upon the ground. "We also brought January home with us, see?" she said over excitedly looking toward the gem like mare that had followed their invitation.

January listened to the caring words Pandora gave for her father, and even from her fallen back pace watched the young filly hop upon the cool blue stallion. He reaction of simply looking back at the over joyous filly made her happy to see them at least have him.

On the other hoof, Mamon's words had frozen January in mid-stride as if she was cased in ice itself. January figured that when Mamon got older he would defiantly not have a problem talking to anything. The young colt, or filly for that matter, seemed to have nothing to fear. That probably came from their demonic traits.

By the time Pandora was back on her hooves, January had regained her composure and walked a bit closer to the family of three. Bowing her head in a greeting to Winter Star, January simply said, "Greeting."

*It had taken the old stallion a little most coxing to get the filly to at least lay down instead of bounding around. She certainly was full of energy, even if they had all day to burn it off and sleep throughout the night.. After getting her settled, Winter looked toward the mare that his over active daughter have been apparently so happy to bring home, like a pet he gathered, though adults were very far from pets of course.*

"Good evening to you miss." He greeted while looking over his children for a moment, soon stepping away from them. "It seems their minds and tongues are still a but quick for their young age." He sighed shaking his head, "I am sorry if they had come to disrespect you." in truth he wasn't sure if the children had done anything at all to the lovely mare.

*Pandora squealed and laughed as her father nudged her so that she toppled over playfully into the tall grass where her brother lay. Folding her legs in she looked over at her now dozing rother and nipped at his icy mane, hoping that he would still play even if they were laying down... But he wasn't into wanting to play...

"Pandora, stop." He groaned half asleep, "Go to sleep before we're both in trouble."

*Though he did have in mind to play with his sister once their father was busy with their new friend, he hoped that Father wouldn't chase her away. Shifting gently onto his folded legs, Mamon leaned against Pandora, the two seemed to sleep that way a lot...*

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:19 am
Random

*The leaves had suffered their first frost and had started to lose their green color. A chill was in the air and their father seemed more awake during the day the he had the past couple of weeks... Or so. The twins romped and played most joyously as their father watched ever hawk like over the foals, a smile grabbed at his face when they tumbled and acted like natural foals should for their ages. His own snow tail twitched behind him as he turned his head toward the changing leaves of the clearing he had brought his children to, away from the open lands where the humans would be moving in great herds to other lands. He wished not to lose his children to their hands, even if it was to be nature's way...*

*Mamon, the youngest of the twosome charged about the clearing, freshly fallen leaves crackling under his hooves as he ran. His small mane bristling, though small snow flakes drifted off it as he moved. Dark eyes watched his sister turn in such a way, it sent him scrambling to catch up to her. Ears pressed back, he poured on the speed after Pandora.*

"I'm going to get you Pandora, you know I will." He protested, though he had yet to catch his sister before. "Today, I will show you who's fastest in this family, besides Father." he added the end quickly as to not seem to think their father was slow.

*Barely running at her top speed, Pandora looked back upon her brother, she did feel a little bad for him. He wasn't as fast as she was, but then again, there were things that neither of them knew at the moment. darting to the side she watched her brother scramble to turn the same as she did, a smile placed itself upon her face as she darted again to come up behind her brother.*

"Oh really? I would like to see that dearest brother." She teased though knew it made is crimson oat burn a deeper red. "I'm sure that someday you will catch me, but I don't think it will be today." She smiled running past him once more, her tail brushing against his side as she went.

*Again the pair were set into a race, neither winning or losing. Though both seemed to stop and turn upon each other in contests of strength, learning who was strongest for that day. Who would rest beside father that night and who wouldn't, it never seemed to end as the pair were always trying to out best the other. Neither meant any harm, but some times a little blood came to the air, though the wounds healed quickly...*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:37 am
Gently hearts and kind souls
Truth and Apollo

*Heavy hooves thumped the ground as an ebony and white stallion pushed his way, away from the native camps. Away from the blind mare that had lead him back to those that had ruined his life. In truth, Apollo wanted nothing to do with the tanned beasts, but for her sake he eased up a bit around them, but only a bit because they still held his belongings as trophies for chasing off his owner.*

"Bloody beasts, they care not of anything besides their own desires." He huffed shoving past another thicket toward the river that lay a grand distance away from the native summer encampments. "And they are nothing, but trouble."

*Long strands twitched behind him as his feathered hooves slipped down the small incline toward the river. There he almost sunk into the rain swelled mud, picking up a hoof he groaned as the mud had already stained and wouldn't go away until after a few bathings.. Shaking his head, he put the hoof back to the ground and started at his wavering reflection, What was he to do now? He couldn't go back to his old life, that was out of the question. Slowly he gave into the thought of living his life free, though it wasn't for him and seemed to never be...*

Life was hitting the Uni mare hard. Her teal seafoam colored pelt was covered in sweat. She had just had her escape from the ones who chased her so frequently, intent on accessing her horn.. She shuffed, a small tear coming frmo her eye.
This was getting ridiculous. No matter where she went, the tracked her. This wasnt even living anymore and she honestly wondered if she even wanted to live anymore. After all.. Living in fear.. was that truly living?

She stomped a purple hoof, covered with white fluffy fur that touched her ankles.

Hopefully life would settle..

*An ebony ear twitched at what sound like a soft thump, softer then a bunny hopping about perhaps? Well it certainly was softer the his thunderous pace, he knew that. His face turned gently to the side as his dark forelock of mane fell across his eyes, something else was out there, perhaps across the river? It seemed the best thought, certainly would make it harder for humans to cross... Decided... Stepping into the cool water, the mud about his hooves washing away in the swift currents he leaped, though swimming once he reached the middle to only lope out the other side. Shaking the water from his coat, Apollo raised his soggy head and listened.

"I'm sure I had heard that soft sound upon this side." He muttered to himself as his slick tail slapped against his hind legs. "Somewhere at least..."

Truth's purple colored eyes stared into the night sky. Stars were shining like fireflies and the moon hung in the sky like a star upon a Christmas tree.

She tossed her amethyst mane, and tried to keep her mind on the road in front of her. She was walking with her head down, eyes almost c losed.

She layed her body upon the grassy knoll under a dark tree. The moon still showed her body form, but, she was still somewhat hidden.

Her feet werent the heavy sound she now heard. Her ears were erect and they swiveled listening the 'thunder'.

*His pace was easy through the thickets as he broke free from the darkness like a shadow into the dim light of the moon. Stopping he raised his head a bit and stared at the impressive white sphere that seemed to taunt him every night since his lose. Nostrils flaring in a snort, he turned his back to the moon that cast its light over his ebony back. Ears perching back against his skull, Apollo set pace around the forest's edge. One heavy hoof after the other he really did sound like the thunder that sometimes came with the snakes of light...

Stopping again, something caught his eye. A body, well what looked like a body anyways. Raising his head he scented the air, trying to see if it was worth approaching of just another corpse the dogs would eat later... Well it certainly was alive... He could smell the thickness of sweat as the body lay there, it was off to see, but he figured that if he had been moving longer then he had, he would have the same thick scent. With a roll of his shoulders, mostly likely a self shrug, the large stallion step carefully toward the body, though his heavy hooves make his approach as clear as warning bells to any creature about.*

The seafoam colored head raised and looked at the massive shadow approaching her. Her first thought was humans.. So she stood up and threw her head down in a defensive psition, letting her horn stick out quite a bit so that she would feel safe. She couldnt run from these ones, they were too big, and they were blocking her escape. She wouldnt attack them, but she had her defense in case.

Letting out a loud cry, she spoke.

"Stop.."

*Well that certainly was a new one, he thought taking back a step, nearly coming to being upon only his hind legs. ears perching themselves forward again he watched the body move, quite quickly in fact... Canting his head to one side rather foalishly, Apollo sidestepped pulling his ebony body into the moonlight once more, letting the pale glow settle about his defined, yet muscular form. It wasn't his idea to be built in such a way, but breeding had it's way with the gene pool. Dark eyes watched the mare? was it? Certainly had the features of one, a fine one for that matter of thinking. And... What was that she was pointing upon him? a stick? Well there was always one way to find out... Ask.. Though that would come later, she seemed more defensive for words.*

"Er... Sorry... Didn't..." Ok how did this talking to others work again? He surely didn't know at the moment, not that he had met anyone besides the blind mare and a couple bratty foals... This was going to take some time, he could feel it in his bones.

Continuing... I hope... ->

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:31 pm
Broken lines on the Mend

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Onikisu stepped out from within the depths of the forest to stare directly at her past life. There were new people here, in the meadow, and she was determined to make herself known. Besides, she hadn't seen her parents or her beloved sister in months. As she stepped out from the protection of the surrounding trees, one of the sun's golden rays filed out and landed in her eye. She snapped her beautiful eyes shut and muttered to herself, "Well, that's one thing that I didn't miss." Since she had spent most, well actually all, of her time in the forest, the sun hadn't been hitting her coat as much, which it was now black as the night sky. It hadn't faded like most do when they are in the sun too long.

The pendant that hung around her neck flickered its light when the sun hit them, and almost seemed as though it was annoyed. As if she was talking to it, she said, "I know, I know. I hate it too." But the fact of the matter was that she missed this whole place. The feeling of being safe from harm, surrounded by others who would defend you. Yeah, there was just something about this place that caused Oni to tear up. Perhaps it was the need to be around others, to need to be loved, the longing to find someone, or maybe she was getting tired of talking to the other creatures in the forest. By God how much she missed this place. "You know, it feels good to be home," she said as a small baby rabbit passed by her hooves.

"Hello there little one," Onikisu said with a smile. There must have been something about her smile that frightened the little bunny away but it didn't think twice about hopping off as fast as its hind legs could get it moving. Oni sighed, Maybe I'm not as friendly as I thought I was.

*Standing on the brink of awareness, a dark, star gilded stallion stared at the ground without eating, even if his stomach complained about being a void of emptiness, but if he had told it once, he had told it a million times that he would eat... Sometime, he felt still much like a foal that needed the protection of his adoptive mother that had somewhat left him on his own as he grew up. His two toned tail twitched behind him, swatting what flies there were left in the autumn air, insisting that they vanish and go away.*

"Alright, I'll find something." He growled at his stomach that seemed to almost collapse upon itself from hunger. "But don't expect it to suit you."

*Scratching at the tanning ground, Orion yanked at the dying grass and chewed at it. Swallowing, he bit back as the grass scratched it's way down his throat and to his less then content stomach. His face giving the expression of, 'I told you so'. Shaking his head with a sigh, it seemed that even the autumn grass was going to give him problems, he would just have to try and find someplace where the sun had yet to reach. If there was such a place that is, lost in his thoughts, Orion vaguely caught the glimmer of something shiny, shaking his head he stretched his neck and squinted a bit. That glimmer had struck a memory he had long forgotten...*

"Oni?"

Onikisu smiled at a familiar face. "Orion, is it?" She was delighted even though she had met him just once before and it took her a moment to remember his name. "My how you've grown! The last time I saw you, you were but a mere foal, and now here you are a muscle-toned stallion. Wow. Where have I been in these past few months?! I must have missed so much!" Her eyes glittered as she reared in utter happiness. Her mane tangled in a mess of knots when her hooves slammed on the ground and she looked up at him and smiled.

Maybe because he is here, Jun is here? I miss her too! Oni thought to herself. "So Orion, how is everything? What's happened here? Everything just seems so different." Onikisu was full of questions but didn't want to overwhelm him with all of them at once so she decided to take it slow. Listening intently, she drew a picture of the tattoo on the front of her chest in the dried up dirt.

*He was a bit taken back that Oni hadn't really remembered him, then again, he didn't remember her much either, besides the fact that she was Jun's sister. Their markings matched each others, even if Jun was black markings on a white pelt and One was White markings on a black pelt. But the resemblance was uncanny. Watching Oni for a moment he shook his head, he wasn't that muscle toned, he felt like he hadn't eaten in ages.*

"Yea, Orion, that's me, the one who fell from the heavens to live amongst the mortals." He teased, not knowing why he had been left along all those months ago.

*The bombardment of of questions was enough to just about 'tip' the stallion over if piled upon one side. Shaking his head he gave a small sigh before looking back toward Oni, wishing he could answer all her questions for her.*

"I guess everything is fine, haven't seen Jun about in a while. I feel like she had forgotten about me or something, who knows. As for everything being different? What do you mean by that? It's the changing of the seasons, if that's the road you are heading toward. Winter will be here and again it will be very cold." At this he shivered, he hated the cold ever since he was a foal.

Oni was shocked that Junsei seemed to have abandoned her adoptive son, "Fear not Orion. I'm sure there is reason behind her leaving her family." Orion didn't know it but Onikisu really did consider him family. She hasn't spoken to her mother and father in several months now and right now, since Junsei has disappeared, Orion was the only family she had.

"Come nephew, let's find you some food," Onikisu noticed him shake his head and then a rumble escape from within his belly. "The coming season will make food difficult to find, but you haven't lived where I had. I know how to find food." Oni felt a sort of responsibility to look after him while her sister was away. Why did she leave like that anyway? Without a word of anything... just up and left.

"Don't worry Orion, we'll find you something! There's bound to be something left somewhere." She looked around for something that might satisfy his hunger but found nothing but a lone apple high above their heads. She sighed and tried to think of something, but so far nothing came to mind.

*It felt nice to have someone familiar to him around, even is Jun had been the one that was most familiar to him, it also felt strange that Oni was calling him Nephew. That was a title he hadn't quite gotten used to. Still being apart of a family was the best he could hope for, after being abandoned in the middle of the night with no one else around, but the stars and the bitting winds. Following Oni he could feel his face grow warm with blush as she had heard his stomach grow quite loudly.*

"Lead the way." He muttered soft, not wanting to seem a bit over his head. "I'm sure Jun had a reason, she always does. I'm not too worried about it." He confided as he fell instep not quite behind his 'aunt'.

*When they stopped and she looked up at an applethat had yet to fall, Orion studied the tree for a moment before walking over to it. Tapping the tree with a hoof, he soon turned and kicked the tree hard enough to just about knock the aged tree over. The branches shook and soon the Apple dropped toward the ground followed by one other that had been hidden from sight. Eying the apples with hunger, he looked at Oni.*

"One for each of us." He grinned feeling much like a foal again.

[OOC] Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff