Welcome to 2024!

Hazel

Llywelyn

Marked for Death

Melody

Parthenos

鐵觀音 (Tiěguānyīn)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

February 2024
People do a lot of things in the name of love. Is it wrong to protect someone you love from a horrible truth or should they be given all the information even if it's terrible? That's for you to decide. But once you know, ...well you can't take it back

This RP is between platonic friends (no secret feelings here!). Think your best friend, your person, your ride or die.... They've kept something from you and you've just found out. Your friend says it was to protect you. It wasn't something you had to know, but once you know it changes things. It can be a secret as big or small as you want. But how do you feel about it? Are you glad they kept it from you? Did they do the right thing? Do you understand their intentions and does that make it okay? Or are you pissed?

And what happens next?

Melody was hoping they'd eventually give up. She was afraid about what telling her friend would mean. But the strangers hadn't let up -- in fact, they were becoming a lot more persistent, and visiting a lot more often... and Melody feared this now not-so-little secret she's been keeping from Mar could have some deadly consequences. It made her heart hurt. She wasn't exactly a fighter, so how could she keep her safe? It would be better if she told Mar. That way, they could come up with a plan together. But what if telling her makes her leave? Melody squeezed her eyes shut tight at the thought. It was that very reason Melody hadn't told her anything yet. She didn't want her friend to be on the run again, or to make her afraid.

But Mar's former herd haven't given up their search yet... and now they were close to finding her.

With a heavy sigh, Melody flicked her tail to propel herself through the water, towards their hidden lair. She swam down, down, deep into the ocean until she reached the sandy bottom and through the thick forest of kelp and seaweed. With a quick glance around her to make sure she hadn't been followed, she pushed aside the rock covering the entrance to the cave and squeezed her way inside.

Mar jerked her head up from where she'd been napping when she felt the current change, her body tense -- and then relaxed when she saw it was her friend. "Melody," she sighed in relief. Mar swam over to meet her, and the two of them pressed their noses together with a giggle. "I'm glad you came to visit. I know it's for the best, but it gets so lonely here..." While she wasn't confined to the one spot, Mar didn't leave the cave often. It was too soon to risk leaving when she knew her former herd was still searching for her. They hadn't seen or heard of them in months, though... maybe in a year, she could move about more freely.

Melody's joy in seeing her friend was genuine, but it was difficult to keep up her smile without becoming forced. "I know, I'm sorry. I wish I could come visit more, but if someone saw me..." she trailed off with a sigh, feeling somber. She had to do this. Mar's life was in jeopardy and this wasn't a decision Melody should have been making for her. "Mar... I -- I need to tell you something. I didn't mean for it to go on for so long, but..." Melody paused, swallowing the lump in her throat and willing herself not to cry -- from the guilt, the fear, or the worried look on Mar's face, she didn't know. "It's your herd. They've been snooping around close to here. They've been close for months now -- but it's okay! We can make a plan together to throw them off, right? Together we can --"

"What do you mean months?" interrupted Mar's shrill, panicked voice. She was on high alert ever since the words your herd left Melody's mouth, her heart hammering in her chest with dread. "How close? Have they talked to you? Why didn't you tell me sooner!?"

"I - they talked to me, but I didn't tell them where you are! I just didn't want to worry you! Please, Mar, I was only trying to protect you --"

"PROTECT ME?" Mar shouted in disbelief. How could Melody have been so careless with her life? Didn't she understand the risks of her former herd finding her? "They want to kill me, Melody! Not telling me isn't protecting me! They've been coming here for months and you said nothing to me! How could you?" Mar's emotions were an overwhelming mix of betrayal, fear, and heartbreak. She swam in circles around her little cave, suddenly feeling like the walls were closing in on her. She had no way to escape and her so-called friend didn't tell her that her would-be killers were here and asking about her whereabouts. "I've got to go," she decided, mostly talking to herself. "It's not safe anymore. I can't stay here." Mar started towards the exit, but was stopped in her path when Melody moved to block her.

"N-no, please, wait! Mar, you don't have to go. We can figure this out! We can... we can go somewhere else together! You're my best friend, please don't leave me," Melody begged. Her eyes burned, tears whisked away and swallowed up into the ocean the moment they escaped her eyes. She'd been so, so stupid. Why didn't she just tell Mar sooner? They could have avoided all of this! "My friend Casimir could help us, he's a good person! He'd want to help, I know it. Maybe we could go talk to him --"

"NO!" Mar rounded on Melody and snarled. "How can I trust you after this? I can't trust you! I don't want to hear anymore. I'm leaving, if you try to stop me again, I'll -- I'll use my claws!" It was the last thing Mar wanted to do. Melody had been a bright spot in her miserable life; she didn't want to hurt her. But after this -- she couldn't stay. Not for her, not for anyone. Mar shook hear head, with with a last hiss at Melody, she sped out of the cave and swam off into the vastness of the ocean.

"I'm so sorry," Melody sobbed, but no one was there to hear her.  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

April 2024
Namely, do you remember that time you saw a cute little bunny with blood on it that happened to be not so cute, but rather a malevolent urban legend that chased you through the woods? It's been a whole year since then. When you come up on a cute bunny stallion and it's cute little bunny friend, you shouldn't worry right? RIGHT?!?!?!

But you do, you know you do. When you come up on this "cute"....thing that's blocking your way out of a canyon, you are highly suspicious. And it acts clueless, as though it really has no clue how to do....anything? It's faking right?

Truth is it's not faking. It's new to the area and really has no clue about life here. But, since you meet Sans Merci, you're just a little paranoid.

Write 750 words per RPer on your encounter with this strange clueless bunny (He's new to the area!) and how you let your paranoia, that this might be another Shifter trap, get in the way. If you want, you can RP the prize as well (who probably has some opinions on how weird your being).

Parthenos was watching the stallion from a distance, hidden between some bushes. Large paws, long ears, a short fluffy tail... these weren't the traits of an average soquili. In fact, they reminded him quite a lot of that rabbit shifter he had encountered last year. He had to make sure there wasn't anyone else around in immediate danger before he left to inform Tarashikomi of the threat, so they could take care of him together. His little ear wings fluttered in agitation, ears laid back and eyes narrowed as the rabbit stallion searched around the canyon. Was he hunting!? Could he smell a creature nearby that Parthenos couldn't? He lowered him self down further into the bushes, eyes darting about the canyon to try and spot this unseen prey.

Unaware of the turmoil swirling around in Parthenos' mind, Llywelyn was making his way out of the canyon when he spotted the rabbit stallion. He seemed to be lost -- or perhaps he lost something? With no fear in his heart or thoughts of dangerous shifters, Llywelyn approached the stallion with a small smile. "Hello. Are you lost? Do you need help?" he offered with a gentle, kind voice.

The rabbit stallion's ears perked up when Llywelyn approached him, and smiled back at the kind stranger. "Yes, I --"

But he didn't get to finish his sentence. As soon as Llywelyn had approached the rabbit stallion, Parthenos leapt out of his hiding spot and charged towards the pair of larger soquili. "Watch out! Run, he's a shifter!" he shouted as he galloped towards them as fast as he could, aiming for the rabbit stallion's legs in an effort to knock him over. Both of the taller stallions leapt back away from each other at Parthenos' warning, and the little pixie missed his target. He skid to a stop in the dirt and whirled around with a huff, ready to face his attacker.

"Where!?" the rabbit stallion asked in an alarmed voice, eyes wide as he looked around to try and spot the shifter the pixie warned them about. But... he didn't see anyone else but the three of them in the canyon. "I don't see a shifter... where did you see it? Did you scare it off?" The pixie had made quite the ruckus when he came out of those bushes. Maybe the predator had decided to cut its losses after realizing it would be up against the three of them. That would be a relief!

Parthenos glared at the rabbit stallion. Did he think they were stupid!? Acting like he wasn't the shifter Parthenos was trying to warn about! "Don't play your games with us. You haven't fooled anyone. You're the shifter!" he accused, stomping his hoof down to make his point.

Llywelyn blinked, looking between the two soquili and trying to make sense of what was happening. The pixie thought the other stallion was a shifter? But... sure, he had some unique features, but Llywelyn couldn't see a pelt. He tilted his head as he observed the rabbit stallion, squinting his eyes, just to make sure, but... no, there wasn't a pelt. He was just a normal stallion with rabbit-like features, not unlike the little nymph soquili he'd seen before -- only much bigger. "Um..." he cleared his throat, trying to interrupt before the situation escalated, but wanting to be polite about it. "I don't think he's a shifter. He seemed lost? And, I don't see a pelt..."

The rabbit stallion nodded. "He's right. Well, I'm not lost, but I'm looking for my friend who is lost... but I'm certainly not a shifter!" He turned around to show off the rest of his body to the pixie's scrutinizing gaze, showing that there was no pelt on his body to be seen -- fused to his body or as decoration. The idea of wearing a creature's pelt on his body ran a chill down his spine. It seemed so... grotesque. "See?"

Parthenos stared. He couldn't believe it. It was so obvious now... the one key feature that set a shifter and a normal soquili apart. The pelt. Why hadn't he noticed? Was he that paranoid after his encounter with the white rabbit shifter? "Oh no," Parthenos muttered, clearly embarrassed. What must they think of him! "I-I'm so sorry. I thought... well, you know what I thought. I had an encounter with a rabbit shifter once and I just... well I've never seen a soquili like you before, so I just assumed..." he couldn't seem to finish a sentence, babbling through his apology.

The poor thing! Llywelyn cut in again, trying to switch topics so the little pixie could take a minute compose himself. "You said you were looking for someone?" he asked the rabbit stallion. "Maybe we can help. What do they look like?" Between the three of them, Llywelyn was sure they could find this stallion's friend.

"Oh -- yes! I would be grateful. She's my familiar, a little bunny. White and yellow, and she's wearing a bonnet with roses. I got distracted, but she didn't realize I had stopped walking and went on without me into the canyon... her name is Bonnie. Ah! And I'm Hazel. It's a pleasure to meet you both -- despite the first impressions," he said with a laugh. The pixie started to apologize for his mistake again, but just then, a small rabbit fitting Hazel's description hopped from around the corner and spotted them.

"Oh, Hazel, there you are!" Bonnie called out, hopping over to the group of soquili. "I see you made some new friends?" she asked, adjusting her bonnet and looking around at the other two with a smile. "Pleased to meet you! Thank you for finding my Hazel. He'd lose his own tail if it wasn't attached to his --"

"Hey!"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff