Ennichi_Jimetsu
[
Is Mizu going to London? Is she just going to another of the Japanese Islands? How does she plan on keeping Fowler under control? Did she chop off his "Thing"?

Where's Taigen? Is he Akemi's servent? Is he Akemi's "Father" mentioned to be injured? Or is her injured father really Seki?

How will their stories reconnect?

Though I did see certain things were going to happen and I have some predictions as well.

I think Akemi does love her husband and Taigen will probably end up with Mizu after he's done thinking he's possibly gay.

Ringo is going to turn into a weird, but BA swords man or he'll be the handyman (XD, pun intended).

I think all four of them are going to turn in the ultimate team in the end.

Akemi is for sure going to learn to fight better. She's already had glimpses of it.

Sorry if my silence came off as a bad thing! I've been dead exhausted through Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales. I worked 22hrs in just 2 days burning_eyes If I ever have questions on LDS I'll be sure to PM you! Typically tho, as long as no one is being harmed, I have no reason to be against someone's religion or life decisions. If I ever come off as otherwise, I welcome being checked on my behavior.

I just finished it yesterday!

I agree with Akemi changing the most. I kinda like that everyone really moved at their own paces? Mizu is the most stubborn in their thinking, Ringo is pretty steady in his thinking too. Even with all his new experiences, I feel like he is the most unchanged. He still wants to be great, he still believes in his master, but the way he expresses both those things are different by the end of the series than at the beginning.

My spoiler thoughts lol:

I like, but also think its a little tragic how Akemi and Taigen grew in equal and opposite ways! He became more honorable at the sacrifice of his ego, and she became more rough, tough, and cunning than she thought she was capable of. And of course by the end, their desires had swapped.

I TOOOOTALLY guessed Taigen and Mizu's development! LOL "I just miss Akemi" PFFT O K A Y. I feel the same, I think its definitely an enemies to lovers deal.

My guess is Mizu is off to London, but you have a good point she may be headed to another island. Maybe they have to to be able to do it in secret? Fowler didn't look very happy in his cell lol. So if not his eggplant, maybe he lost his thumbs or something else so he is less of a threat even if he escapes?

Response to thoughts about London and future episodes:

While London is possible, why would it be a code word, unless they are from London. In addition it seems the writer is taking inspiration from Japanese history, specifically the Edo period. If I'm correct about the inspiration, then they can't go to London by law. Which means the two men on the boat wouldn't being going anywhere, but another part of Japan. At least they looked like Japanese zailors.

Here's a RL history lession, but there are stories of Japanese men washing up on the Oregon Coast during this time period and they can't return to Japan unless they want to face death. The only one who was able to return later ended up settling in what is now Myammar in same. He was only given the oppertunity after Japan opened it's borders again.

On top of that everyones story has to circle back together right? If Mizu is in the UK then she wouldn't be able to go back, nor would her friends be able to get to her.

It means that Ringo would be able to finish the sword (because he's going to learn to swordsmith) and get to Mizu during the final battle with either one or both of the other men.