Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Blue Eyed Samurai Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:11 pm
Anyone else start watching it on Netflix?

I gave it a go because I thought the animation was a cool take on 3D animation, but I really like the plot so far! I'm only on ep. 4 so far.

Summary
During Japan's Edo period (17th century), half-white half-Japanese swordsmaster Mizu quests for vengeance against four white men who illegally remain in Japan during the closing of its borders by the Tokugawa shogunate. Written by a husband/wife duo and anime by a french studio

Genre/Warnings

-action/adventure
-graphic violence and nudity (maybe skip this show if you're sensitive to either. nudity is not always in of a s3xual nature, but I thought I should include it regardless in case people prefer to be wary of either subject)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:47 pm
I think I'm on episode three at the moment.

My husband isn't fond of the content so I politely to wait till he's out of the house, which is non-existant since he's been sick for over a week.

Other than that. I'm enjoying it.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:13 pm
angelmage99

My husband isn't fond of the content so I politely to wait till he's out of the house, which is non-existant since he's been sick for over a week.

Yeah, my fiance was shocked at first at seeing some full monty loll. But otherwise we're both really enjoying the story! Do you have a favorite character yet?

Also, a week is a long time to be sick! I hope he feels better soon!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:54 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99

Yeah, my fiance was shocked at first at seeing some full monty loll. But otherwise we're both really enjoying the story! Do you have a favorite character yet?

So far Ringo is my favorite character.

We went to the doctor's yesterday. He's mostly fine, but he's coughing a lot. Which means he's not getting sleep, which hinders him getting better.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:49 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu

I gave it a go because I thought the animation was a cool take on 3D animation, but I really like the plot so far! I'm only on ep. 4 so far.

Arisa could you post a summary, basic plot, and genre for this series. Usually when I start a thread on a particular series I do that to give members an idea of what the series is all about.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:31 pm
smithers456
Ennichi_Jimetsu

Arisa could you post a summary, basic plot, and genre for this series. Usually when I start a thread on a particular series I do that to give members an idea of what the series is all about.

Added some info! Didn't want to get too detailed since I'm not very far in the series myself, and I don't want to possibly spoil anything either  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:38 pm
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99

We went to the doctor's yesterday. He's mostly fine, but he's coughing a lot. Which means he's not getting sleep, which hinders him getting better.

Ringo is probably my favorite too!! I love the way he views things. I'm usually a fan of characters that others (in a show) often underestimate even though they're CLEARLY very clever! I just want to root for them and have everyone else see how good they are too!

Mizu is definitely my second favorite, UGH. SO. COOL. Very typical shonen qualities haha. Which usually doesn't land someone as one of my favorite characters, but I really love Mizu's backstory.

Aside from medicines, have you tried other cough remedies? my favorites are licorice or anise tea (good for the throat!), any tea with honey (add lemon if mucous-y), or sucking on clove candy (helps soothe the throat). I hope he's improved since some time has passed.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:34 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu
smithers456
Ennichi_Jimetsu

Added some info! Didn't want to get too detailed since I'm not very far in the series myself, and I don't want to possibly spoil anything either

I understand. Don't want any spoilers. Just basic info from the beginning of the series will be fine.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:12 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99

Ringo is probably my favorite too!! I love the way he views things. I'm usually a fan of characters that others (in a show) often underestimate even though they're CLEARLY very clever! I just want to root for them and have everyone else see how good they are too!

Mizu is definitely my second favorite, UGH. SO. COOL. Very typical shonen qualities haha. Which usually doesn't land someone as one of my favorite characters, but I really love Mizu's backstory.

Aside from medicines, have you tried other cough remedies? my favorites are licorice or anise tea (good for the throat!), any tea with honey (add lemon if mucous-y), or sucking on clove candy (helps soothe the throat). I hope he's improved since some time has passed.

I love his view point about the world too.

Since I'm on episode three, I'm not sure if Taigen or Akemi is my second. Leaning more towards Akemi at the moment, but I feel like Taigen may surprise me later.

He's getting better now. As for alternative remedies. He can't have honey and for religous reasons, most teas are out. We could do herbal tea, but he sometimes wont eat/drink certain things because he things it's against our faith. For example we don't believe in the consumption of alcohol, so he thinks that Red Wine Vinegar is bad.

He's a work in progress. I've gotten him to change his mine on a few things like sushi.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:38 pm
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99

I love his view point about the world too.

Since I'm on episode three, I'm not sure if Taigen or Akemi is my second. Leaning more towards Akemi at the moment, but I feel like Taigen may surprise me later.

He's getting better now. As for alternative remedies. He can't have honey and for religous reasons, most teas are out. We could do herbal tea, but he sometimes wont eat/drink certain things because he things it's against our faith. For example we don't believe in the consumption of alcohol, so he thinks that Red Wine Vinegar is bad.

He's a work in progress. I've gotten him to change his mine on a few things like sushi.

Between Taigen and Akemi, I definitely like Akemi more. I'm curious to see how both of them develop in the story though. They're both surprised me already lol.

Would you two be able to ask a religious leader for advice on the teas? you can even bring a picture of the ingredient list so you don't waste time purchasing it if it's a no-go. The ones I listed CAN be mixed with black and green teas (in case its the caffeine you're avoiding, sorry idk what religion you are a part of, there's so many in the world lol) but the kind I prefer to buy is where its JUST the spice/herb. If I'm sick and needing anise to help soothe my throat, i don't need any other tea ingredients giving me caffeine lol. If I can't find what I want in my area, I buy the whole spice and grind it myself.  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:32 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu

Between Taigen and Akemi, I definitely like Akemi more. I'm curious to see how both of them develop in the story though. They're both surprised me already lol.

Would you two be able to ask a religious leader for advice on the teas? you can even bring a picture of the ingredient list so you don't waste time purchasing it if it's a no-go. The ones I listed CAN be mixed with black and green teas (in case its the caffeine you're avoiding, sorry idk what religion you are a part of, there's so many in the world lol) but the kind I prefer to buy is where its JUST the spice/herb. If I'm sick and needing anise to help soothe my throat, i don't need any other tea ingredients giving me caffeine lol. If I can't find what I want in my area, I buy the whole spice and grind it myself.

Akemi seems like she's going lady-boss mode. the 'my life, my rules' type of person.

We're raised LDS and while we're not fully practicing, we do try to adhere to religous rules (not cultural). As I mentioned we can do herbal that doesn't have tea leaves, so teas like mint (which my husband hates) would be fine. That being said Green Tea kitkats are really good so is Chai tea.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:43 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu

Summary
During Japan's Edo period (17th century), half-white half-Japanese swordsmaster Mizu quests for vengeance against four white men who illegally remain in Japan during the closing of its borders by the Tokugawa shogunate. Written by a husband/wife duo and anime by a french studio

Genre/Warnings

-action/adventure
-graphic violence and nudity (maybe skip this show if you're sensitive to either. nudity is not always in of a s3xual nature, but I thought I should include it regardless in case people prefer to be wary of either subject)

I do like History in general. If this Anime shows up on Crunchyroll I will check it out. Thanks for the warning about nudity and violence. Some people members would appreciate the warning.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:53 pm
I just want to put a side not on the religious thing. I'd rather you come to me for information about being LDS. I find a lot of misinformation is out there and that some people even with my faith will mix culture with religion and can say stuff that isn't cannon.

Also on the other side. I just finished the Bunraku episode.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:33 am
Finally Finished it.

Right now Akemi is my favorite character as she seems to be the most realistic. She is shown to change her mind more than the other characters.

It leaves me with so many questions:

Is Mizu going to London? Is she just going to another of the Japanese Islands? How does she plan on keeping Fowler under control? Did she chop off his "Thing"?

Where's Taigen? Is he Akemi's servent? Is he Akemi's "Father" mentioned to be injured? Or is her injured father really Seki?

How will their stories reconnect?

Though I did see certain things were going to happen and I have some predictions as well.

I think Akemi does love her husband and Taigen will probably end up with Mizu after he's done thinking he's possibly gay.

Ringo is going to turn into a weird, but BA swords man or he'll be the handyman (XD, pun intended).

I think all four of them are going to turn in the ultimate team in the end.

Akemi is for sure going to learn to fight better. She's already had glimpses of it.

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:35 am
angelmage99
Finally Finished it.

Right now Akemi is my favorite character as she seems to be the most realistic. She is shown to change her mind more than the other characters.

It leaves me with so many questions:

Is Mizu going to London? Is she just going to another of the Japanese Islands? How does she plan on keeping Fowler under control? Did she chop off his "Thing"?

Where's Taigen? Is he Akemi's servent? Is he Akemi's "Father" mentioned to be injured? Or is her injured father really Seki?

How will their stories reconnect?

Though I did see certain things were going to happen and I have some predictions as well.

I think Akemi does love her husband and Taigen will probably end up with Mizu after he's done thinking he's possibly gay.

Ringo is going to turn into a weird, but BA swords man or he'll be the handyman (XD, pun intended).

I think all four of them are going to turn in the ultimate team in the end.

Akemi is for sure going to learn to fight better. She's already had glimpses of it.

Sorry if my silence came off as a bad thing! I've been dead exhausted through Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales. I worked 22hrs in just 2 days burning_eyes If I ever have questions on LDS I'll be sure to PM you! Typically tho, as long as no one is being harmed, I have no reason to be against someone's religion or life decisions. If I ever come off as otherwise, I welcome being checked on my behavior.

I just finished it yesterday!

I agree with Akemi changing the most. I kinda like that everyone really moved at their own paces? Mizu is the most stubborn in their thinking, Ringo is pretty steady in his thinking too. Even with all his new experiences, I feel like he is the most unchanged. He still wants to be great, he still believes in his master, but the way he expresses both those things are different by the end of the series than at the beginning.

My spoiler thoughts lol:

I like, but also think its a little tragic how Akemi and Taigen grew in equal and opposite ways! He became more honorable at the sacrifice of his ego, and she became more rough, tough, and cunning than she thought she was capable of. And of course by the end, their desires had swapped.

I TOOOOTALLY guessed Taigen and Mizu's development! LOL "I just miss Akemi" PFFT O K A Y. I feel the same, I think its definitely an enemies to lovers deal.

My guess is Mizu is off to London, but you have a good point she may be headed to another island. Maybe they have to to be able to do it in secret? Fowler didn't look very happy in his cell lol. So if not his eggplant, maybe he lost his thumbs or something else so he is less of a threat even if he escapes?

Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff