Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Event-R] Nocturne for the Lost (Chalcanthite/Fettelite) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:46 pm
Quote:
Old Lives (13) - Tombstones, carved out of an assortment of different materials, are aplenty in the Hawkins’ Cemetery. Some look more professional than others, but these were all clearly hand carved. Some graves have no name, only a blank slab, but more often than not each is marked with a name and date. The handwriting and skill differs and it doesn’t seem like there’s much consistency in who was doing the work down here. The interesting part is that some of the graves have years that predate Destiny City’s establishment, and none of the names on the graves can be found in any registrar or census. Right now, there’s no telling who these people were–or how they came to be buried here. For any history buff, this might be both odd and exciting, but for the average person? They might just leave feeling like there’s a sentence at the tip of their tongue, like there’s a memory just out of reach. They may dream of people they never knew, and conversations they were almost a part of. None of it makes sense; it’s impossible to make out any detail or understand any word, but there is always a desperate distress and a pleading cry. It’s an odd sensation–probably just fueled by your imagination, right? And yet, it’s difficult to chase the questions out of your mind.

When the old graveyard was uncovered under Destiny City, Fettelite was immediately drawn to it. It was a little dramatic to think it, he knew it, but he knew death had surrounded and tracked him for a long, long time... Even his birth was shrouded with the air of death. A younger version of him would be frightened by it all, whispers of the old haunted ones plaguing his dreams, begging him to join them. At this age, he was just... Saddened.

Would he be like this too one day? He wondered as he slowly walked through the boneyard, fingertips brushing along the tops of each grave as if asking them outright. Long forgotten, left alone with no one to mourn him.

Thinking on it, it wouldn't be so bad. His family was foolish, cursed, and selfish beyond all imagination. They all deserved to disappear eventually.

Even himself.

But such thoughts were too sad to dwell on for long. Especially not when his mind kept wandering to these graves. Something tugged at his mind, a memory far away that he could almost taste it... Yet it never formed a complete thought. Anxiousness filled him the longer he dwelt there and yet he could not pull away. Fortunately for him, soon enough he felt another presence, one much like his own. Perhaps they too came to mourn.

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:18 pm
Each time he stepped out into the night while powered up, things got easier. The old weirdness that had left him staring at his own grave wasn't around this time and even if it was, he had someone who would be able to help if needed. The old graveyard was a place that he felt drawn to. Maybe it was because he still wanted to find the graves of those he had lost or maybe it was because he wanted to pay respects to those others had lost.

The old wooden case of his viola thumped lightly against his leg as he entered the graveyard. Each step was careful so as to not disturb any of the graves or offerings left behind. Some of the names he had seen looked so very old, older than his own family's name. That was when he noticed someone, much like himself, here among the headstones.

Thinking for a moment longer, over a memory only partially formed, he wondered what brought others here. This was not a place he could bring Liam, not when he was unsure of the other officer's opinion of the mirror walkers. Moving closer, he noticed a look of anxiety about the other.

"Good evening, are you alright?" There was that evenness to his speech again, now that he had pushed most of his own anxieties away as of late. "Do you come to visit those who have passed or to pay your respects to those who have no one else to?" It was what he had been doing, playing music for those who were no longer here. It made him feel better in a way, just as it always had in the past. Everyone had their own ways though.

Kapoodles

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:43 pm
Even as a general, Fettelite felt terribly uncomfortable near others. He had never really fit in with the Negaverse... There was a reason why his best friend in the whole organization was a youma. But he felt silly if he were to suddenly teleport away and hide from his problems. A gracious greeting, and then he could flee. A small hello should be enough, right?

"Hello. And yes, I'm alright. Just doing some thinking. Ever since this place opened up, I've been curious about it. But I've no one to mourn... Not here." As far as he knew, the people who he once cared for were all buried in more obvious places, or were simply vanished. The likelihood of anyone he loved being here was all but zero.

This was awkward... He wanted to leave, but tried so hard to keep a neutral expression.

"What of you?"

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:07 pm
Watching the other carefully, he could sympathize with them at least a bit but he had given up on finding the true resting place of those he had lost long ago. Everyone dealt with things differently and he was coming to terms with things now more than he had in the past.

Something still felt a bit flighty about the other as he took a few steps closer. He kept a slow pace as he carried his viola with him. "It certainly is an interesting place, full of long-forgotten names. I believe I have seen a few of them in history books though others I could not find any information on." It had been odd since there were a lot of genealogy records in the city's library.

" As for what brings me here, I come to play music for the dead. Something to ease what remains, if anything does. I can refrain from that if it bothers you though, I was unaware that someone would be here given the oddities that plague this city during the holidays." It may be odd to others, but he wouldn't change his ways. Offering his free hand in introduction, he was careful to not make sudden movements to spook the other off.

"I am Chalcanthite, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Kapoodles

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:57 am
"... Some are just destined to be forgotten. Not enough done in life, no one left to care... Just an average person left behind.. It's even more likely since these are all super old." Maybe that was how he'd be too one day. No one to remember him, or his family. If anything, that would be for the best.

The whole bloodline was cursed.. Maybe it all needed to die out and finally free the Bloom name from this nightmare.

Shaking away those thoughts, his lavender gaze moved to the viola case, genuinely curious about it. Why play for the dead when they couldn't hear?

... Or what if they did hear? The thought of that made him shudder, but he still reached out a hand to politely shake the other general's.

"Fettelite... And no, it doesn't bother me... It's just a little odd... Why would you play for them?"

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:27 am
Nodding for a moment, he couldn't quite agree with the sentiment even if it was true. Even if he had a similar sentiment regarding his own mortality. Withdrawing his hand, he knelt down to open the case and prepare things. Working through the thousands of compositions he had played, he thought back to the ones he played for his family.

"I believe everyone deserves to be remembered or at least given some sort of respect after the fact. I have also seen enough odd things in this city that remnants of the dead seem like one of the lesser issues. Even if they are unseen and do not pay us much mind." He had seen more than enough over the years that ghosts would seem almost trivial compared the the horrors he had faced.

Standing back up, he had to think for a moment about his response. Everything he said always sounded so prim and put together and he didn't want to muddle that up. "I play because I lost many who I promised I would play for, those who I only have half a tale of. It may be sentimental, or odd as you put it but, it brings me some semblance of peace. Peace that is normally very hard to come by in this city." He couldn't move on, not completely, and at this point, he had chosen a middle ground. At least he had wrangled the demeanor and image of the calm and collected General back into place again. It made things easier in part.

Pulling the bow across his viola, that demeanor fell away as he focused on the music. It was a short little bit at first as he thought about the fact there was someone else here. The notes floated through the night air, breaking up the quietness of the cemetery. It felt a little more lively in a way as he went, moving as he always did while playing. Much as he had played the part of pied piper with his flute, he paced a little bit as he played. Maybe his song would help the other a bit as well, at least he could hope.

Kapoodles

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:17 pm
"I see..." What respect was the dead owed? Half of them seemed to come back as ghost, driving the living mad with insanity when they couldn't shoo them away. He knew he was like that sometimes, seeing the ghosts of dead siblings just hovering around him until his youma came by to growl at them.

He was becoming too melancholy, and needed to stop, so he shook his head again, ignoring himself.

"It's a sweet thought..." But useless. Still he sat down beside a mossy headstone and just... Listened.

... Why did it hurt? Why did his heart ache at the soft sounds trickling through the graveyard?

Short, but sweet, and yet... Even though it was lively, he didn't feel alive at all.

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:42 pm
Watching the other as he lowered his instrument, it was as if they were wilting into themselves. For a long moment, he wondered if this was how he had looked to Liam when everything had come tumbling out. Kneeling down to look at them for a moment more, he felt concerned. "Are you sure you are alright?" He knew they weren't but he still wasn't sure how to approach something like this from the other side.

"I apologize if it is out of place but if you want to talk about things I will listen." He wanted to help though, that's what he knew at least. Even if he couldn't save anyone in the past he had to start trying to save who he could in the present. Laying his viola down in the open case, he moved to sit as well. He'd have to proceed carefully, just as he always did with new people.

Kapoodles

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:06 pm
"Huh? Oh, I'm fine." At some point tears had begun to fall, but he hadn't noticed. Not until he tried to blink and he realized it was becoming hard and harder to see. As quickly as they came he forced them to stop, wiping his face on his sleeves. This was the sort of attitude his old general would beat him half to death for.

Weakness had no place in the Negaverse. This is for your own good.. An uncomfortable shudder crept up Fettelite's back, and he gave a quick shake of his head, forcing a smile.

"I think I was just thinking a little too hard, that's all. It happens. I'm sorry for bothering you with that. Your music was very very pretty..."

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:32 pm
Frowning a bit as the familiarity of things really set in. "I see..." Leaning back he looked up at the sky for a moment. How could he approach this, he had experienced aid from two widely different sources. "I can understand thoughts pulling one down below but I also have come to learn that is detrimental to keep it to yourself. Even if others have told me to ignore the past with varying levels of threats." There was a bit of bitterness at the end, it had been hard enough for him to talk about the past only to be shut right out. Drowning himself in alcohol to avoid what he could of things. "I also do not consider it being a bother that things slip out sometimes."

Humming the continuation of the tune he had been playing for a moment, he returned his gaze to the other general. "Thank you for the compliment though, I know quite a lot of songs outside of the ones I have composed myself. A few I learned from those who are no longer here, sadly unfinished but beautiful all the same."

Kapoodles

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:02 am
"I don't think you're wrong about that, exactly but... I don't think you're someone I can simply talk to right off the bat." It was blunt, perhaps, but Fettelite always had his guard up high around other Generals. So many were bloodthirsty and unkind, to even mention something of a doubt or worry could get one killed. Or reported and suggested for rehabilitation, or worse, a youma could be shoved into his brain.

He'd have none of that... so little still belonged to himself at this point, his mind was all he had left to treasure.

"Sorry... I don't know much about music beyond what sounds nice. But aren't most composers 'no longer here'? Is that what you meant? I'm pretty sure Mozart and um... Bethovananavian are long since dead.."

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:32 am
"Ah, I apologize then." Shifting a bit as he sat there, it made sense that he was hitting walls in the conversation. He'd gotten used to being able to freely speak about things with his partner and with his friend Benitoite. Maybe it wasn't right to pry but he was always curious about those who looked lost or hurt.

"It is alright, I can understand that at least. Hearing something nice is alright." He'd always kept things vague when talking and it was coming to bite him in the a** now. "That is true, people like Mozart and Beethoven are long gone but I have picked up a few things from people I knew personally. Things that were a bit less grandiose but pleasant to hear or play all the same. However, I have started to learn a few more modern pieces which have been... odd to say the least. Maybe it is because I avoid the radio so I have no vocals to match the tune to."

It was something he'd started to do because his younger students had asked about it. He'd never really liked pop or rock but he had a soft spot for all the kids in his after-school class and had relented and picked up a few new books of sheet music for those types of songs.

Kapoodles

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:58 pm
Fettelite still viewed the man before suspiciously. He had no real reason to *remain*, but working long enough in customer service had him atleast wanting to linger around until a proper goodbye was said.

Still, he didn't understand this man at all. He was speaking alot for another general, with too much information spread out for reasons he just didn't see as needed. Once upon a time Fettelite was a curious soul, until it was well beaten out of him. But that whole thing about avoiding radio seemed too weird to ignore.

"Do you mean you actively avoid digital music all together? Or simply what's played on the local airwaves?" ... He vaguely wondered if the man realized how snobbish he sounded, and almost instinctively, he inched further away. No good could come of this, none at all.

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:23 pm
Noticing them scoot away, he felt a bit bad for making them uncomfortable. It took him a moment to think of how to describe the weirdness that had led to him avoiding his car radio because it had two parts.

"It is a bit of a long story, I had a bit of a scare with my car radio around this time of year a few years back so I had it taken out. My general, wherever he may be now, was also one of those conspiracy people so I panicked a bit when that weird thing happened. I never really got around to fixing or replacing it and since I keep fairly busy it just kinda faded into the background. I think, if I remember correctly, he thought the local airwaves did something to summon aliens from outer space? It sounded crazy then but with everything that has happened I wonder if he feels justified or validated with the arrival of the Valencians." Laughing a bit tiredly, he really missed Natron, even if he was kind of a wild card. The man was kind and had put up with all his questions and injuries over the years until one day he just vanished without a trace. It had been the straw that broke him after everything else had fallen to s**t because there wasn't anyone left he knew at the time.

Pulling in on himself a bit, even now it hurt. It was easier to be alright most of the time but he couldn't keep the pain of the past away all the time. He'd have to call Liam after this for a bit of reassurance again. "Halloween is always the worst time for these things, they always cause the worst problems I feel like." Even if this wasn't the same graveyard, he still wondered if he might see his name on a headstone again or have another shadow chase and attack him.

Kapoodles

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:31 pm
"That's a little silly, I think. The Conspiracy thing. Since I think alot of people feel that way too, but it ends up being us Negaverse members that cause the biggest issues we have seen. We do control most things at this point." Before he became powered, he had listened to the old members of his sister's gang talk about all sorts of silly theories like that, about how they were all being mind controlled or manipulated by some unseen hand. How ironic it was that they were entirely true, and that his sister had been once part of it. Sadly, that ended up leading to all of them being slaughtered by pigs.

... Despite all that, he smiled. That wasn't the worst time in his life though, all things considered, some of it was even fun.

"I don't think I've ever met a Valencian. For a while I was kept behind for paperwork, and only kinda recently was put back into the field. But you're not wrong, Halloween is a stressful time in this city, but some good things happen too. I got to hear you play, and that was really, really nice."

Sara Draconia

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces