Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Hatsune Miku Official Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:52 pm
What / Who is Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku is a music software developed by Crypton Future Media, INC., which enables anyone to make their computer sing by entering lyrics and melodies. As a massive number of users created music using the software and posted their works on the Internet, Hatsune Miku quickly evolved into a cultural phenomenon. Since then, Hatsune Miku has gained much attention as a character, involved in many fields such as merchandising and live performance as a virtual singer. Now her popularity has spread across the globe.

*Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, MEIKO and KAITO are also virtual singers developed by Crypton Future Media, INC.

For the longest time Hatsune Miku has been one of my favorite Anime characters. Funny thing is that she is not an Anime character at all. Hatsune is a specialized Holographic character who sings on stage in real life concerts. I Love music, singing (having sung in choirs in the past), and Anime. When I first saw her on You Tube I was blown away. You can't get much cuter. Below are two links. One to her website and another to her upcoming
concert tour. The tour is all over North America and even here in my state, Michigan. I'm excited I have to see her in concert.

Hatsune Miku Main Website

Hatsune Mike Expo Concert

Feel free to post on this thread about your Love of Miku, any collectables you have, and especially if you have gone to one of her concerts. I happen to have Hatsune Miku Calendars, a beautiful Sakura Hatsune Miku Figure, and a Blu Ray of one of her concerts. Check out the Crunchyroll Website and You Tube for more on Hatsune Miku.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:04 pm
More Info!!

Hatsune Miku and Piapro Characters

“Hatsune Miku”, “Kagamine Rin”, “Kagamine Len”, “Megurine Luka”, “KAITO” and “MEIKO” (collectively called the “Piapro Characters”) are characters developed for a line of singing voice synthesizer products by Crypton Future Media, INC.

This software, which can recreate a singing voice carefully recorded and processed for each character, makes it possible to generate an entire song’s vocal parts by simply entering a melody and lyrics on your computer.

Shortly after the release of the software, fans and users started creating a massive amount of music and videos, and uploaded them on video-sharing websites. The publishing of these works stimulated the creative impulse of users to compose, remix, and further collaborate with each other on new projects.

Each character’s vocal expression is unique, and can be further edited according to the user’s sensibility and style. As Crypton Future Media’s CEO Hiroyuki Itoh says: “There are many different values and ways of thinking, so if there are 1,000,000 users then there should be 1,000,000 different ways of thinking.”

Moreover, these characters are not only featured in the artworks of many creators across the world, but they also come to life in 3D-projection concerts centered around their most iconic member Hatsune Miku, and their popularity is continuously spreading globally!

Hatsune Miku is a music software developed by Crypton Future Media, INC., which enables anyone to make their computer sing by entering lyrics and melodies. As a massive number of users created music using the software and posted their works on the Internet, Hatsune Miku quickly evolved into a cultural phenomenon. Since then, Hatsune Miku has gained much attention as a character, involved in many fields such as merchandising and live performance as a virtual singer. Now her popularity has spread across the globe.

*Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, MEIKO and KAITO are also virtual singers developed by Crypton Future Media, INC.

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:21 pm
Hatsune Miku fans, it's time! MIKU TOUR 2024 North America will bring the legendary Hatsune Miku to cities across the United States, Canada and Mexico next year, and we're excited to reveal the tour will officially be powered by Crunchyroll, including an exclusive presale for Crunchyroll Premium Members starting September 14. General tickets will go on sale starting September 22.

Hatsune Miku Expo 2024 Concert Dates:

1. Vancouver, BC
Thunderbird Arena
April 4th Thu.

2. Portland, OR
Keller Auditorium
April 6th Sat.

3. San Jose, CA
San Jose Civic
April 8th Mon. & April 9th Tue.

4. Phoenix, AZ
Mullett Arena