Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Event Threads
Concept Contest: Guardians of Traditions (Judging!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ktqueen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:20 am
User Image
Quote:
Those who stand opposed to any change in policy and oppose all modern technology and conventions. They are often at odds with the other societies who strive for change.

Read more about the clan here!

Opens: After the next post!
Closes: July 26th, 2023 at 11:59PM EST.

Some details about entering

• These guys hate change a lot and will throw down with anyone not in their society trying to change things up in Tremere. The old ways are the best ways, according to him!
  • His rank is Elder.
  • You cannot already own a kat leading a secret society. 1 per person.
  • I reserve the right to choose no winner.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:22 am

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell me a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular kat/society appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Her Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Her Personality:[/b] (What's he like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What does he intend to do with her newfound power and leadership position? What ideas does he have for the Guardians?)
[/align]

ktqueen
Crew

Darkness and Wings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:52 pm
Owner Username: Darkness and Wongs
Tell me a bit about your RP style: I’m pretty ‘go with the flow’ I style and patience. I like most genres and will try almost anything at least once. I also enjoy observing other’s styles and learning tips.
Why does this particular kat/society appeal to you?: Besides being very handsome, he appeals to me in an overall sense. The Tremere are in my top fave clans and secret societies are a really fun concept. I’d love to deep dive into it.
His Name: Tsempi
His Personality: He’s quiet and reserved, but can be forward if called for. Mentally strong, verbally talented/well spoken, and charming.
Motivations and Goals: He has plans to keep an eye out for those worthy of joining. He wants to build the society all while remaining hidden in the darkest shadows. To find him you need to know where to look, or else he will find you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:24 pm
Owner Username: purrfectually
Tell me a bit about your RP style: (I am a novice when it come to rp. I would love to get more into it. I feel like this clan in particular especially would suit me as far as my style, it would be amazing to play an elder vampiric faekat.)
Why does this particular kat/society appeal to you?: It appeals to me because I am very found of tradition myself. I do feel a connection deeply to him as I also do not like to much change.
His Name: Aramastus
His Personality: He is regal, distinguished, elegant with words, he is very withdrawn yet that is part of his allure.
Motivations and Goals: He has determined while hesitant to take on the leadership role he despises change but if he wants to preserve the old ways and keep tradition alive he must bring in more members for the society. Even though this change is not what he desires he can implement a strict initiation ritual that only the most devoted in the older traditions would truly be able to pass allowing him to have control over those who join the society, and helping to grow the clan into a more strong standing coveted society.

Purrfectually

Friendly Streaker

8,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:41 pm
Owner Username: Rinial Sisterdragon
Tell me a bit about your RP style: My style tends to reflect those I write with. On occasion, I can write worlds, and express emotions deeply. I try very hard when I've developed a character to leave room for growth, but also remain true to who they have always been. Writing and RP is a way that I evolve my style, and try out characters I never would have thought to before. I experiment a lot, and can fully admit when it's not working. And when inspiration or hyperfocus hits, I can write for hours. (This is totally copy pasted from my past entries because it's the best description I've written) I will try just about anything once, and with that in mind, I prefer Discord RP over Gaia RP. (less need to fade to black.) I will say that probably my weakest writing point is fighting, so with the idea that Tremere duel with magic, I would love to get practice with combat writing.
Why does this particular kat/society appeal to you?: One. He's like romantic goth meets tribal goth influence which is, so many levels of yes, please. Two, Tremere is a clan that I've been interested in, and wanting to scramble into as magics and vampires is super appealing. Three, the idea of a group of traditional vampires existing and that they are the most outspoken about any and all change, for good or bad, meaning that if Tremere as a clan wants to change there will be a fight, and unless this is proven to be very extremely beneficial to the clan, and even then they are slow to adopt anything that becomes a new tradition without years of research, is fascinating given that the world we live in is one that embraces change more so than tradition in most factions of the human race. The traditions, meanwhile are clung to desperately by those who may fear changes, however, the guardians don't come across as those who fear change, they seem to be those who will test and tear apart the change to ensure it is for the good of their whole clan and not just the few.
His Name: Lucien Aloise Francis Valencia D'Amore
His Personality: Before he was turned, Lucien was what some would think of as a benevolent lord. He was kind enough, but beneath the veneer of his false generosity was someone who always kept his best interests at heart, he thrived in his pursuit of knowledge, thirsting for more power.

At his turning he was besotted with a need and thirst that dared to try and control him, however as he grew from a fledgling to a well-tuned vampiric sorcerer, his mind became darker, and the more he came to understand himself, the more he understood the ideas of scholars before him, and after, he will often say that, "The ends justify the means." when dealing with those who would push to change the policies within the Tremere clan, and is an accomplished duelist who will use his knowledge of traditional methods to burn down those who are not able to defend their ideas with words, or with their magics.

Deep within Lucien is a very distinct and quiet rage. He has been more secretive about his origins than others, and will never reveal who had sired him. His acceptance into the Tremere gave him the will to continue on after his sire left him to fend for his own. The vile thing, as he calls his sire used him for their own means, then left him when he was less entertaining. This sore spot is what makes him fiercely loyal to those within his circle.

A strange quirk is that he will often go by shortened versions of his name to any number of people, Luc to some, Al to others, as well as Val. He has however made it clear to everyone he has introduced himself to, that under no circumstances will he answer to Francis with anything other than a well-placed scroll jammed down the offender's throat. It is unknown by anyone as to why this part of his name causes so much ire, but many have decided to simply avoid it by calling him as he asks.

Motivations and Goals:

While many leaders have simply clung to tradition and aimed to fight verbally, the new leader Lucien intends to bring back the true fight of the traditions they reinforce.

He will never back down from a Certamen, and will absolutely use that as a way to reinforce his personal policy that tradition will always exist, and will be the power that sustains the Tremere.

Lucien's goals are to bring tradition to those who have forgotten their roots and urge new blood to embrace the true meaning of being a vampire mage. As the leader of the guardians, he will cajole, and lure in the fledglings that their sires do not keep a close watch on into the society, entrenching them within tradition, and showing them the passion of each tradition when the influence of the mortal realm is truly left behind.

He does not revile technology as many of his fellow guardians do, however he has seen no use for it within their havens, nor within the clan. It is convenient, but mortal in origin, and like so many mortal items, they fall into disrepair, and obsolescence as the newer 'toys' arrive. The inconvenience of parchment and pen keeps one's wits about them, while the mortal contrivances when fully depended upon as he has seen some of the mortals succumb to means it becomes a weakness, and until it is proven otherwise, any and all who are part of the guardians will push back against this influx of unproven tech, when magics old, tried and true can mimic and do the job better.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:08 pm
Owner Username: Aria Starstone
Tell me a bit about your RP style: Wordy, lots of descriptive, and I love to start with pain for the character, before leading to something happy. That said I also love fluff, drama and having fun with silliness.
Why does this particular kat/society appeal to you?: This is the kind of character that will be fun to play, with their focus on tradition, sticking to old ways, and fighting change. In some ways, it's so very much the opposite of how I live, and that means a challenge to my mindset, finding out how to make his drive work, while keeping it believable, and I love challenging myself when I can.
Also Hot Tattoo'd gothboy, what the hell is not to love?
His Name: Prospero St. Germain
His Personality: Determined, focused and serious. Outspoken, possibly overly so when he feels challenged on his, their determination to fight change, to keep technology out of the University. He can also be rather arrogant, in a 'We know best, keeping change out. I, and we, will protect our Clan when those who want change would destroy it' kind of way. Beyond that, he is selective about those who are allowed close to him even within the Society. He is their leader, they are to follow him, and to let too many close would potentially damage that proper distance needed.
Motivations and Goals:
First and foremost, the obvious motivation... To keep the University free of Change, of modern technology's taint to every degree he can manage. Indeed, his respect for tradition is what helped him gain the power he needed for the Clan to embrace him. He also wants to keep studying the oldest books, finding old spells that had fallen out of favor, and save them from being forgotten, just because new spells had come along and caught the interests of the other societies. If he could find spells that proved why tradition, the ways they had followed forever were better, could do everything better, he would have attained his entire unlife's purpose.

He seeks amongst the newly embraced, finding those who will listen, and brings them in to train, to focus them in the right path. Oh, he knew others of his Society did the same, but he wants to make sure the brightest and best were directly under his thumb, to be sure they will turn out exactly how he wants them, to the best of his ability.

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:49 pm
Owner Username: ziennia_zen
Tell me a bit about your RP style: I haven’t had a RP on Gaia yet, but I’d love to remedy that! I like role playing all kinds of things: romance, combat, casual interactions, everything! I won’t be against roleplaying anything, but I tend to steer clear of things like rape and incest.
Why does this particular kat/society appeal to you?:I am a very traditional person myself. I love history and culture (I’m majoring in history), and how things were done in the past is very important and interesting to me. This society definitely fits for me! Extreme positions are also quite interesting. Being entirely against change is definitely extreme, and is something that would be fun to play with.
Her Name: Azriel Clément
Her Personality: He is very, very traditional. He is very focused on propriety and cleanliness. He’s developed a sort of germaphobia, disliking being touched or using unclean utensils/weapons/etc. Azriel may come off as a fuddy-duddy or a stickler for rules, but that isn’t true. He simply wants to preserve the status quo …. Of a while ago. Cheating and lying aren’t against his moral compass. Azriel wants to honor the founders of Tremere and their pursuits in magic and immortality, respecting them for their commitment immensely. He is proud of being a vampire because of this. He spends most of his time studying at the Academy, often using slower and more traditional means of practicing magic. He isn’t very fond of the Brothers of Absinthe, finding the use of hallucinogens to be modern and a way to cheat the process of connecting with magic.
Motivations and Goals: He will first and foremost enact a policy of propriety. He won’t discourage flinging or “overly sexual” behaviors, but he also won’t respect it. Remaining poised, elegant, and focused is the best way to study magic and act in society. Azriel will also personally look for members of the society who use modern technologies and practices, and is not afraid to make his displeasure known. Azriel will stand for no bullshit in the society and will always strive to be against Tremere policies that go against his beliefs. He is motivated by the study of magics / thaumaturgy solely. Physical fighting is improper (according to him).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:38 am
Aria Starstone
Owner Username: Aria Starstone
Tell me a bit about your RP style: Wordy, lots of descriptive, and I love to start with pain for the character, before leading to something happy. That said I also love fluff, drama and having fun with silliness.
Why does this particular kat/society appeal to you?: This is the kind of character that will be fun to play, with their focus on tradition, sticking to old ways, and fighting change. In some ways, it's so very much the opposite of how I live, and that means a challenge to my mindset, finding out how to make his drive work, while keeping it believable, and I love challenging myself when I can.
Also Hot Tattoo'd gothboy, what the hell is not to love?
His Name: Prospero St. Germain
His Personality: Determined, focused and serious. Outspoken, possibly overly so when he feels challenged on his, their determination to fight change, to keep technology out of the University. He can also be rather arrogant, in a 'We know best, keeping change out. I, and we, will protect our Clan when those who want change would destroy it' kind of way. Beyond that, he is selective about those who are allowed close to him even within the Society. He is their leader, they are to follow him, and to let too many close would potentially damage that proper distance needed.
Motivations and Goals:
First and foremost, the obvious motivation... To keep the University free of Change, of modern technology's taint to every degree he can manage. Indeed, his respect for tradition is what helped him gain the power he needed for the Clan to embrace him. He also wants to keep studying the oldest books, finding old spells that had fallen out of favor, and save them from being forgotten, just because new spells had come along and caught the interests of the other societies. If he could find spells that proved why tradition, the ways they had followed forever were better, could do everything better, he would have attained his entire unlife's purpose.

He seeks amongst the newly embraced, finding those who will listen, and brings them in to train, to focus them in the right path. Oh, he knew others of his Society did the same, but he wants to make sure the brightest and best were directly under his thumb, to be sure they will turn out exactly how he wants them, to the best of his ability.

Congrats! Your entry has won! <3

Thanks for all the entries everyone! <3  

ktqueen
Crew

✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out