Welcome to Gaia! ::

Positive Energy

Back to Guilds

We can talk about anything we like. A relaxed group. 

Tags: advice, random, positive, friends, happy 

Reply Positive Energy
New Stuff Around Gaia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:20 am
You guys been collecting the daily chance? It's crazy! I don't think I've gotten anything super expensive, but the prizes are significantly better! I remember getting crumpled up newspaper and crickets all the time. xd I read they are trying to revive Gaia.

I finally downloaded a browser that allows Flash. Pale Moon. But I haven't gotten back into anything, haha. But they do want to break away from Flash.

The new Rally didn't have cars last I was there. xd I rode the ferris wheel and walked around confused. But hey, they did something!! Haha.

Anything new I haven't noticed? Any rumours of new things?

I remember when Gaia was the only way my friends communicated online. The first profile many of us had. And now it's all social media. But there's no social anymore. Just media. Could they even do enough around here to make Gaia relevant again? Reddit is the only popular forum I know of. And it's so anonymous, and so full of people.

I guess I'm kinda all over the place with this one, haha. Just wanted to spark a conversation about it all.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:47 am
Spenelli
You guys been collecting the daily chance? It's crazy! I don't think I've gotten anything super expensive, but the prizes are significantly better! I remember getting crumpled up newspaper and crickets all the time. xd I read they are trying to revive Gaia.

I finally downloaded a browser that allows Flash. Pale Moon. But I haven't gotten back into anything, haha. But they do want to break away from Flash.

The new Rally didn't have cars last I was there. xd I rode the ferris wheel and walked around confused. But hey, they did something!! Haha.

I remember when Gaia was the only way my friends communicated online. The first profile many of us had. And now it's all social media. But there's no social anymore. Just media. Could they even do enough around here to make Gaia relevant again? Reddit is the only popular forum I know of. And it's so anonymous, and so full of people.

I guess I'm kinda all over the place with this one, haha. Just wanted to spark a conversation about it all.

I agree! It would've been really cool if there was a social media like gaia where you could socialize but have your own avatar and play games with your friends haha. Too bad it didn't go mainstream  

DoctorLeaf

Magical Leaf

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:21 pm
DoctorLeaf
Spenelli

I agree! It would've been really cool if there was a social media like gaia where you could socialize but have your own avatar and play games with your friends haha. Too bad it didn't go mainstream
Sounds like Roblox.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:50 am
Spenelli

This! ever since logging back into Gaia the past month or so it's so different than I remember haha.

I remember the newspaper clums and trash items from the chance things.

I also remember having a huge guild that was so active on my main account. I would spend so many days after school or classes when I was younger responding to people and playing the games etc. I had a lot of friends online here, which was nice because back in that time I didn't have a huge friends group irl... so it was nice just to talk to different people.

It would be nice if they could revive Gaia, but my concern is the age group of everyone that originally played Gaia? For example, I'm 29 now and work full time so I wouldnt be able to come back regularly for hours like I used to, but I wonder if that is an issue for a lot of others?

I'm not sure how well this style of social media would be for a younger generation so used to the social media there is today.  

Communist Nazi

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:07 am
I'm exploring a lot of these new items I'm getting. I don't know what to do with them yet, but a lot of them sure have potential  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:21 pm
Spenelli

Hello again!

I noticed that a few days ago browsing a bit in bed while I've been battling with a nasty cold. I've never gotten so many actual items before from the little chance boxes! Some of the items I even remember how much they cost back in the days of serious gold inflation. Yeesh!

As far as being social on Gaia, I have mixed feelings on it. I've met all types of people from fun, sweet, and chatty to negative, ugly people with some serious issues. I wouldn't change anything though. This site may not be as active as it once was, but it'll always mean a lot to me. I'll visit and stay as long as the site remains running!  

YourPerfectWaitress
Crew

Friendly Conversationalist

9,475 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Positive Energy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers