Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nudist Colony (NAG)

Back to Guilds

The official guild for the Naked Avi Guide 

Tags: nude, nekkid, naked, nudity, boobs 

Reply The Nudist Colony
Advice for getting better at making avis?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velvet Sunday

Ice-Cold Sex Symbol

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:54 am
I've submitted to the guild's contests twice now and haven't even made it as a finalist, let alone had a chance at winning and i'm curious how I can improve my art, especially since I think that my avis are pretty great and I put a lot of work into them (I'm really bias, I know. sweatdrop )

I'm curious how I could improve and am open to any feedback.

Thank you for your help!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:57 am
Velvet Sunday
I've submitted to the guild's contests twice now and haven't even made it as a finalist, let alone had a chance at winning and i'm curious how I can improve my art, especially since I think that my avis are pretty great and I put a lot of work into them (I'm really bias, I know. sweatdrop )

Thank you for your help!

I can tell you work hard on them, and I'm sorry you havnt made it to top ten sad It's super hard to chose the last ten,
But I can tell you what I keep in mind when I'm picking the final 10!

I always try to feature a variety of different genders, skintones, body types and naked tricks!

This contest isn't so much as "best Avi" as it is designed to showcase lots of different naked avis for people to get inspiration from!

I hope that helps.  

Plague Mother

Captain

Dedicated Exhibitionist

31,500 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Nebula Novice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

DawnLuna

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:59 pm
Velvet Sunday

Thank you for your help!

I just wanted to say that I am experiencing the same thing! I also put a lot of work and time into my avis and wonder what happens? I use a different skin tone, interesting items, all that and still! So I empathize.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:07 pm
DawnLuna
Velvet Sunday

Thank you for your help!

I just wanted to say that I am experiencing the same thing! I also put a lot of work and time into my avis and wonder what happens? I use a different skin tone, interesting items, all that and still! So I empathize.

It feels weird that the finalists are picked by one person but voted on by the community. I'm sure the judge isn't biased or anything, and she's doing great, but it makes it hard to know how to place when you put a ton of work into your stuff and other contestants who might not even have a good or interesting composition, or even be on theme or following the rules (I think I saw a not naked avi in Mermay for example) place as a finalist.

I dunno...I might just be sore, but I do want to improve instead of sulking.

By the way, i've seen your avis Dawn and they're amazing. You're definitely an inspiration of mine.

emotion_kirakira

Velvet Sunday

Ice-Cold Sex Symbol

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200

DawnLuna

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:56 pm
Velvet Sunday
DawnLuna
Velvet Sunday

Thank you for your help!

It feels weird that the finalists are picked by one person but voted on by the community. I'm sure the judge isn't biased or anything, and she's doing great, but it makes it hard to know how to place when you put a ton of work into your stuff and other contestants who might not even have a good or interesting composition, or even be on theme or following the rules (I think I saw a not naked avi in Mermay for example) place as a finalist.

I dunno...I might just be sore, but I do want to improve instead of sulking.

By the way, i've seen your avis Dawn and they're amazing. You're definitely an inspiration of mine.

emotion_kirakira

I completely agree. I think that all contest judging will probably have some level of bias. I do prefer the ones where the names are obscured to the judge/votes so at least there isn't selection on name but on design! And also if some people who enter know the aesthetics of the judge they definitely have a leg up.

Ughh that frustrates me no end! When a finalist or winner has an entry that doesn't even follow the rules. It feels so unfair. (I entered a contest recently where that exact thing happened.)

I totally get it, it's easy to get sore about it. (And I do sulk lol). I think it would be really great if we could get some feedback about why our entries didn't make the cut? = improvement! Anyways, saw your post and it was instantly relatable.

Awww that is the sweetest compliment Ive gotten! emotion_kirakira Thank you so much!! Im honored.
Any who, If you wanna talk some more I'm here. I didn't mean to barge in hah.  
The Nudist Colony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games