User ImageUser Image
            User Image
            The world today is vastly different then the world years before now. Although few and far between, their were fields of green, lush trees that bloomed flowers yearly. People roamed the earth freely and without a care in the world. There were crops and although it wasn't perfect, animals were able to thrive in certain habitats. But with the evolving of the human race and their never ending futuristic ways of thinking, things got out of hand. Of course they had been warned several times over several eons that their world wouldn't last forever if they didn't change their ways. But a race with such knowledge and power was too confident in the earth's ability to care for itself that they ran it all into the ground. The earths ecosystem became far too weak and the rays from the sun got more and more harmful. Now, the slightest hint of light that touched the skin of a normal human could burn it far worse than just third degree. With travel and survivability only being possible at nigh; people went insane, the lack of sun effecting their minds and causing them to venture out into the world without protection. Many died, but some became mutated like the animals.

Shelters were built in hopes of keeping the human race alive. For a few years they were able to thrive in their shelters and create homes and lives somewhat similar to ones before the thinning of the ozone layers. But of course nothing good could be meant to last when it came to humans. As the rations within the shelters were thinning, people began to protest. There was murder and thievery and the safe houses were no more.

This all ran through Candice's mind as she looked at each of the members in her party. She didn't know them all that well, and didn't plan to know them any better. The only reason she hadn't gone off on her own was because she knew if she stayed in a group there was a better chance for her to survive this new and insane world. Lord know I don't need anyone.. I never have and I never will.. she thought silently to herself. She was cold and hated the fact that she was with more than just herself. She cleared her throat and looked around at the building they were currently in. "We should take inventory of our supplies and see if there's anything here that's salvageable and worth taking" she stated.

The blonde slung her back pack over her shoulder and began to rummage around inside taking mental notes of what she had before relaying it to her group "I've got my small first aid kit with almost no bandages and barely any meds left" she said. Her major concerns were food and her medical supplies. Before the world had gone to s**t she had been a doctor. One of the best and brightest in her field for ages, and at such a young age. People couldn't believe how unafraid and intelligent she was. But she had done things that doctors twice her age had only dreamed of. She let out a small sigh under her breath at the past memories that ran through her mind before she looked back at her group.

Being the quieter one of the group for reasons opposite those of Candice, James blindly did as Candice asked and began to shift through the belongings in his small pack. He had a few MRE's left and a bottle and a half of water. Not much. He also had about three books that took up most of the space, but he didn't mention that to the group. He looked around at the faces before him and wondered what his life would have been like if he hadn't banded together with these people. He wasn't the fastest or strongest, maybe not even the smartest, but he was human. His will to survive was huge and he was glad he'd found these people, although he often got the feeling that Candice didn't like him.

"I've got a couple MRE's and a bottle and a half of water in here.. Not much.." he said lightly. i wonder if they all find me as useless as Candice does... I swear it's like the woman hates my guts... Besides.. I thought Doctors were supposed to be nice to people.. he thought to himself. He did however like Lindsay, she didn't make him feel useless or like he didn't belong. She was warm and kind and always praised him when he did something helpful or smart. He wondered what their next move was.

They hadn't been together long. It had only been a few months since they banded together and left their abandoned safe house to seek a better shelter. They had learned many things at the safe house and met there too. Since then they had become somewhat friends, with the exception being Candice. She had always been indifferent and cold towards them all. Her only reason for tagging along this time was probably Lindsay's leg. The other female would be able to care for it alone and maybe Candice's doctor side had some kindness? James wasn't sure why exactly she'd agreed to go along with the three of them, and wondered about her choice often.

"Talk Candice" "Talk James' | Candice is thinking James is thinking
            Where - Abandoned Building】【 Outfit 】【 Tunes 】【 With -The group

User Image