Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ
Where There's Smoke Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:58 am
User Image
Takao was finally able to stay awake for more than a few hours at a time. His final interrogation had been days ago and now that he was rested, he was on the case. He knew he had so many advisors and shinobi to reach out to in order to make the best proposition for the Arashikage. In pursuit of that goal, which he considered his mercy contingent on, even if that hadn't been said, Takao wanted to meet with Shion first. If it happened to also be something he deeply wanted for himself, well. Coincidences.

It was simple, and kind of stupid, but he had set up a picnic at a park for Shion and himself so they could talk. Not so much about them, though he wanted to know just how badly he had ******** up in her eyes, but about the village and her life and how she had been in his absence, if he'd caused her stress in his absence before she knew why he was gone - or if she'd heard he was gone through CORE. "I hope this is okay," he said, and was referring to the spread of breads, jams, cheeses, and other simple finger foods that sat on the blanket. Or maybe he was referring to much more than that.

"I know we have so much to talk about and catch up on..." He trailed off, grasping for a solid thought. How did you introduce treason gently into a conversation? It tied his tongue and took him a long moment to speak, something pretty unusual for the confident and talkative man. The length of silence made him uncomfortable and he gesticulated strangely before blurting out the first coherent thought: "How well do you know Toso?"

Cute Things in Jars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:21 pm
User Image
SHION xxxxx MORI
Shion approached the spread before them the same way she approached most things, aloof and seemingly annoyed. Why was it always picnics with people? Still, the gesture was nice; she could definitely tell Takao was trying to make up for what he did in his own awkward way. Still, she'd simply shrug off his comment about the picnic out of feigned disinterest; couldn't have him thinking he was on the mend that quickly now, could we?

As he continued to talk, Shion continued to toy around with the food. She never actually selected anything; she would simply peruse the array of treats, letting her feline curiosity come out for a bit. She'd keep feigning disinterest, even throughout the awkward pauses... at least until he mentioned Toso. Seems like even when trying to get away from his treason, Takao found a way to stumble right back into it.

Shion paused for the briefest of moments before going back to picking through the food. How did she explain their relationship? Mentor and student? Friends? Surely not coworkers. Granted, all three were true at one point in time, but it's not so simple to describe someone you've been through hell and back with multiple times. Right now, Shion had wished she was proficient with words as she was with her fists, but the finesse of conversation eluded her. "We're friends, very close ones. We've known each other for years... since my academy days, actually." She'd trail off, thinking of that first day she'd met the squid and his... bombastic family. Simpler times. "I've saved his life on the battlefield more times than I can count, and I'm sure the squid has a running tally of how many times he's saved him off."

Shion paused for a moment, glancing over to Takao. "H-hey... I. um," she said, breaking her facade, then immediately retreating back into herself. How could she approach this?

General Info

CHAKRA: 1825/1825 // STAMINA: 1975/1975 // DEMON CHAKRA: 5000/5000 // BODY RANK: S // BLOODLINE: Bakuton // CLASS: Tai/Bloodline
TITLES: Jounin // CORE Agent: Bastet // Cat Summon Head // Nibi Host

Quotes:
kiiwispoet

Quote:

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:58 am
User Image
Takao was glad Shion was sitting with him but he waited tensely for her responses. He hadn't realized the kage and Shion had had so much history. It seemed like Toso was so worn from all that he'd seen but Shion was still so vibrant and full of life. It was a harsh comparison - and perhaps a bit unfair for him to make. "What do you think Arashigakure needs right now? Like, in terms of leadership? Immediately after blurting it out, he felt like an idiot (and rightfully so). Was she going to think he was just quizzing her? That he was taking a political survey? Well, perhaps the latter was a little accurate, but none of these things were as burning a concern as where he stood with her now... but he couldn't dwell on that until he finished his obligation to Toso. He couldn't commit to her only to end up locked up for good.

"Uh, no what I mean is. Like, if - hypothetically, of course - Toso confided in you that he was unsure of how his leadership had been, that he'd had doubts about his decisions of late, how would you reassure him?" Oh god. He sounded like an idiot. "OK, Shion I'm not allowed to tell you about my conversation with Toso because its classified - so I won't, but I'm sure you can kind of get what our conversation had been about, right? I, um, I need your help. Your answers, that is. Toso asked me to do this for him and I can't refuse him." He hated to ask her for anything after all she'd done. He just wanted to focus on her, to use his freedom to spend time with the people person that mattered.

Cute Things in Jars
gah i love them awkward babies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:51 pm
User Image
SHION xxxxx MORI
Shion may have seemed full of life, but have no doubts; she was just as broken inside as Toso. The real difference between them is Shion’s unwillingness to show any sign of what she deemed “weakness.” She didn’t have the luxury of appearing weak; she was the public face of the literal secret military police, if she looked weak, it was a direct reflection on the village. She felt the same about office of the Kage. Of course, this often came into conflict with her personal ties to the man who currently held the office. She would follow Toso anywhere; the bond of their friendship was unbreakable at this point, but she’d be lying if she said she agreed with how he ran the country. Surely this was why he kept her on his inner circle. Rather than pure nepotism, it seemed to confrontational views served a purpose.

Shion sighed as Takao flustered out his question; so that’s what this is about. ”So, he’s started talking to you too now, huh?” Shion’s shoulders drooped, though she’d keep the rest of her semi-stoic demeanor. ”I’d tell him the truth, same as I’ve always done. Toso’s a good man, but he is not cut out for the job. It was unjustly thrust upon him when the twins left, and he’s been reeling with it ever since.” Just then, something changed in Shion’s presentation. The blank aloofness faded, replaced by a tern expression and a burning anger flickering just behind her mismatched eyes. ”We need someone who isn’t going to cut and run. We don’t need a flying city. We don’t need to ignore our enemies. I love the old squid, I really do, but he’s delusional. I envy his pacifism, but that is not a luxury we get. Him especially.”

As she spoke, the radiant heat put off by Shion increased, noticeably so, as if Takao was standing next to a camp fire. It took all her strength to keep from bursting out. The Nibi’s emotional taxing being far stronger on its host than other demons made the task of keeping her cool on most days a herculean feat; only through Shion’s thick-headed stubbornness was she able to keep the flame controlled.

General Info

CHAKRA: 1825/1825 // STAMINA: 1975/1975 // DEMON CHAKRA: 5000/5000 // BODY RANK: S // BLOODLINE: Bakuton // CLASS: Tai/Bloodline

Quotes:
kiiwispoet

Quote:

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:47 pm
User Image
Takao wasn't sure how to take Shion's initial question - had Toso confided that he wanted to leave his position to her as well? Or was that more generic - that he'd asked her about leadership qualities? Being in his inner circle and advising meant that that wouldn't be out of line at all, but Shion's reaction made him think it was something more than routine questions. Her sudden intensity mid-answer threw him off a bit, and he pulled at his shirt collar when things seemed to literally heat up. He thought about scooting back to offset the heat, but ultimately, he had been away from her for too long and didn't want any more distance, so he bore the warmth.

"Thank you, Shion. That's a little different than the other answers I've gotten, but probably one of the more honest. I think that helps a lot. I'm not sure what I'm going to tell him beyond what the advisors have told me. Everything points to Kagerou, although your input makes that a more ambivalent decision unless Kagerou is a little more willing to get down and dirty than I've been led to believe." His expression turned thoughtful as he considered everything. He would have to report back to Toso in a little bit. It was better not to dwell, but being hasty could be equally damaging to the squid as well as the village, depending on how much weight the kage lent Takao's words.

His gaze softened as he looked to Shion in a more present state of mind. "I really do appreciate it. Everything you've done for me so far. I've never asked you what it cost you. I... You risked your position in bringing me back unharmed and without the other prophets - though the latter was out of your control - and I don't know if I can ever repay you. I don't know that I'm worth it," he confessed, then covered the honesty with a rather awkward laugh. His felt out of place being so earnest, but he owed it to her more than anyone else alive. "You've really changed my life in a lot of ways. You've gone through great lengths for me much like it seems you have for Toso, and I'm not used to that kind of loyalty..." He let his hand drift towards Shion's, but he didn't push for contact. "But I'll do whatever I can to be worthy of it."

Cute Things in Jars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:03 pm
User Image
SHION xxxxx MORI
”So he’s finally going through with it then?” she mused to herself. ”It was only a matter of time, I guess. The man’s heart is too big for the seat it occupies. He’d do a little good to take a break. Goodness knows he’s earned it.” Shion chuckled, trailing into the hint that Kagerou of all people was the next candidate for Kage. It made sense; the girl had a good head on her shoulders, but she had always been to mysterious for Shion’s liking. This, coming from the head of the literal super secret ninja police. ”Kagerou? The tea crone? Don’t get me wrong, I like her well enough, but that girl is too hard to read. The people need someone with clear goals and ambitions. Kagerou has made a life out of secrecy. Say what you want, but we need someone who isn’t afraid to wear their heart on their sleeve. Hell, for as much as I hate the guy, Kenshin may be a better pick than Kagerou. At least you can tell what’s going on in that dude’s head.”

With that, Shion took a moment to bask in the gentle calm between the two. The fire inside her faded, now offering little more than the warmth of a heavy blanket. Shion scooched over, leaning against Takao’s shoulder and let out a satisfied sigh. It was good to have him back. ”That’s the thing… You cant destroy a reputation you don’t have. I’m not exactly the most beloved ninja in the village, Takao. The way I saw it, I was risking nothing to get everything.” Her tone seemed playful, giddy actually, as all hints of her aloof façade flaked away. ”If you want to repay me, just keep being yourself.”

General Info

Quotes:
kiiwispoet

Quote:

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 pm
User Image
Takao was pleased to hear Shion say good things about Toso. His conversation with Kenshin had been so sterilized and removed from personal matters that it was just nice to hear how people viewed Toso as a person. However, he knew Kenshin wouldn't accept the position of Arashikage - that had been one of the first things the Lord established during their conversation, much to his disappointment. "No one has said that about Kagerou yet, but I hadn't heard much about her at all, so it makes perfect sense. I'll need to talk to her directly before I reconvene with the Arashikage, of course. Kenshin denied the position for himself but also said Kagerou would be hesitant to take it, so I'm not sure how to find a suitable and willing candidate," he confessed with a laugh.

He would have to tell Toso what he had and deal with that as it was. For now, he had the privilege on focusing on Shion; he instinctively wrapped an arm around her as she rested her head on his shoulder. He sighed as she relaxed against him and everything in the world felt much better in that moment. Her response had him grinning like an idiot, but he couldn't fight it. "That's a tall order, but I think I can manage it." He didn't dwell on any of the doubts Toso had cast his way about his relationship with Shion. No one else made him feel like this, like he was enough as he was. "We've got to make up for lost time, though. Tell me, what's something you've always wanted to do in the village?"

Cute Things in Jars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:13 pm
User Image
SHION xxxxx MORI
Shion had never given it much thought, planning a night out on the town? She'd never really been one for the bright lights and fast times of city life. To her, a good night was spent at home, relaxing in a dimly lit room... and this was before the Nibi manifested it's enhanced sloth within her.

She'd been out and about a few times since then, but not of her own accord. Usually it was at the behest of a friend or as a thinly veiled cover to do some work on a case that she went out into the wild grey yonder. Nowadays, it was to be avoided at pretty much all cost. "I havn't really given it much thought. There really isn't anywhere I cant go, you know? Nothing I cant really do... even if someone were to try and stop me." she said, popping a cocky grin at the idea of someone getting between her and what she wanted. "Why, did you have somewhere in mind?"

General Info

Quotes:
kiiwispoet

Quote:

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:31 pm
User Image
Takao had been on the edge of his metaphorical seat as Shion tried thought of an answer, but it ultimately made him laugh. Of course that'd be her answer - she really wasn't someone who abided by a load of rules or limitations. She was a very free spirit in that regard. "I should've known. I'm not really sure if Arashi has anything interesting for a bunch of adrenaline junkies, ya know... Hm. I haven't been to the Rev Room in forever, but I don't want to make you feel like you're returning to work. Although, I think you should try more drinks with orange slices in 'em. Those are good." He overcompensated about his drink, given that the bartender had judged him heavily for his beverage when he'd last been in there.

He shrugged and leaned back as he looked over the hill to the city streets below. "I don't really care where I am so long as I'm not away from you," he admitted, pointedly keeping his gaze away from Shion as his cheeks warmed. "I think my only responsibility besides what I owe Toso is probably to reconcile with Chomei because we're not on speaking terms... but I don't know if I can do that."

Cute Things in Jars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:23 pm
User Image
SHION xxxxx MORI
Oh goodness, the Rev. She'd been away for so long; no doubt that Mae had turned it into some raggedy dive bar instead of the hidden in-the-know hot spot it used to be. A quick shudder ran up the girl's spine as she pushed the thought out of her mind. "Yeah... maybe not there... tonight. Last thing I need it so be around those animals," she said, referring to the misfits who made up her clientele.

"You and the slug on bad terms or something?" admittedly, Shion wasn't too familiar with his bijuu troubles. Then again, it's not like she had delved into the matter like other hosts tended to. The others were always so ready to help their own with any issues -- Toso, the Twins, even that one guy... Belemy or something -- all three of them helped her out without so much as a request, where as Shion wanted nothing to do with anyone else's troubles. Honestly getting on good terms with the Matatabi was hard enough. "You know, Matatabi tried to kill me... like... twice. I got a good a** beating a few times and that seemed to fix it," she said, trailing off as she recalled her less than stellar taming of the bijuu. "I could kick your a** if you want. I'm kind of famous for it..."

General Info

Quotes:
kiiwispoet

Quote:

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:36 pm
User Image
Takao was confused about her disconnect from the bar, but he dropped the subject. He didn't want to push her for answers after he just grilled her for details about Toso and leadership. Though it was something he'd need to look into later. Maybe he could help out at the bar if that was the problem...

"Well, the bug and I... I left the village with his urging - although I had initially had the idea of leaving with those kids, he had encouraged me and insisted it would just be a joy ride to help get that urge out of the kids and I had thought chaperoning it would be the best line of action. Hah. That worked out for me." He shook his head bitterly, patting his pockets for a cigarette but coming up short. He sighed. "I've not really been talking to him since. I don't know how. He's been quiet, too, because I think he knows. But um. I didn't know Matatabi tried to kill you. Twice. That's... insane. How are you two getting along?" He was entirely incredulous. Maybe all jinchuuriki relationships were complicated, and he was never going to purely get along with Chomei, at least not without some pain, first. "Uh, would a fight help? Because... I do want to, like, not feel like I'm holding him hostage anymore. You know? My body isn't a prison." At that, he did feel genuinely remorseful for Chomei's situation in Takao's body, which was fairly rare.

Cute Things in Jars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:51 pm
User Image
SHION xxxxx MORI
Shion grinned as Takao questioned her relationship with her bijuu. "Matatabi and I are as thick as thieves, inseparable teammates! Ain't that right?" A lax purr would then invade Takao's mind from seemingly all directions at once. "Inseperable, but not by choice. Miss Moro is hardly the ideal host, far from the best in fact, but yes... our relationship is quite strong." The voice was clearly someone other than Shion. Though it echoed and boomed throughout the boy's body, it carried itself with a light elegance that his firebrand partner wouldnt be able to pull off in a million-million years. Regal, elegant, and just a dash of a superiority complex, this was Matatabi. "Shion, if the boy is having trouble connecting, might I suggest speaking with Chomei directly? I am positive I would be able to draw out my brother," the feline voice boomed once more. Shion tapped her chin in thought. "Yeah, why not? Alright, babe. This might get a little weird..."

Before the boy would be able to respond, the pair would find themselves deep within the caverns of Takao's subconscious. The surrounding form, a reflection of the boy's relationship with the beast. For Shion, hers manifested as a nighttime cityscape, the Nibi roaming free to wander the alleyways. She didn't know what shape Takao's would take, but she knew one thing for sure: Shion, a free Matatabi, Takao, and a jailed Chomei would be present. "Alright, do your thing," Shion would say, looking back to the towering cat-ferno behind her. Matatabi would simply nod and call out to Chomei. "Brother? Are you there?"

General Info

Quotes:
kiiwispoet

Quote:

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:05 am
User Image
Takao laughed at Shion's explanation of their relationship, relieved that any previous fighting hadn't ruined things. He swallowed thickly when she agreed to Matatabi's suggestion, and closed his eyes in preparation for the strange internal visit.

It was dark, cold, and gloomy. It immediately seemed to be pure darkness, except that a few ambient candles appeared, dim and whimpering. Takao took a tentative step forward in what was a messy floor, though he couldn't even see what the mess was. "Ch-Chomei?" He took another step and the candles seemed to glow brighter. He saw Chomei's huddled form through the prison bars, unmoving initially. "Chomei?" The husk moved, then, begrudgingly. Takao flinched backwards as discolored wings fluttered to reveal Chomei's face, and he was flakey all over. He had been shedding in uneven, distressed clumps. Looking down instinctively, Takao realized that at his feet were pieces of carapace that had shed ineffectively.

He looked terrible.

Softer, now, he asked, "Chomei?" He put a hand up to the bar, touched it softly, but the bug flinched almost imperceptibly at it - almost. "Takao." The acknowledgement wasn't loaded with any particular meaning, but it sounded like it took effort to express. Takao's heart sank. "Why are you like this?"

"You hate me more than Sandayu. It is inevitable that you will hurt me-"

"That's not true!" Takao said sharply, then flinched along with Chomei at the sharpness of it. Softer, he continued. "That's not true. It's just... I mean, I was angry. You prioritized freedom over my allegiances and misled me intentionally. But I'm, I don't hate you. I just don't know how to trust you." He wrapped his left hand around his right arm, feeling strange here. Vulnerable. Scared, for Chomei. Embarrassed to have failed so completely as a jinchuuriki. He chewed his lip and forced away the hurt that threatened to bubble up at the sight of Chomei cowering like the Jashinist children he had once killed.

Cute Things in Jars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:38 am
User Image
SHION xxxxx MORI
Shion sucked her teeth at the sight of Chomei. "Damn, dude. And I thought I had problems." This definitely wasn't the time to throw jabs at Takao, but really, it was the only way she knew how to handle awkward situation. Matatabi crouched low, raising a paw to move forward, but found herself stopped by Shion, raising a hand. "Hang on, lemme handle this first." The Nibi silently nodded and stepped back, allowing Shion to take the reigns before jumping in herself.

Walking up beside Takao, delivering a slug to his shoulder. Why dont you let him out?" Surely the idea would sound like madness to him, but it had its merits. "Sounds like Chomei just wants to be let out, so why dont you do it? Think about it. Trust is a give-take relationship. Offer a hand of peace, a token of your good will. Chomei has had a lifetime of host after host, controlling their power and keeping them shackled; you could be the one to break that chain. Words are cheap, Takao. Show with your actions."

She'd allow a few seconds for the boy to contemplate her offer before adding, "I could weaken the seal, you know. Not break it, but just let Chomei out of the gate."

General Info

Quotes:
kiiwispoet

Quote:

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:43 am
User Image
Takao turned to her at her suggestion with owlish eyes. He knew that there were plenty of reasons to be scared of letting Chomei out, but he also knew he could trust Shion. He patted his pockets for his cigarettes and sighed again, remembering he didn't have them. "Uh, how loose are we talking here?" He considered her offer to weak the seal carefully, but the quietness in the room - besides a slow drop of water that was occurring somewhere he couldn't see - was grinding on his nerves. "Okay, okay. Let's do it. I trust you," he said with a little more certainty than he felt.

Cute Things in Jars

◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces