Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 pm
Tyanan

"Good, yeah, I--" Tyanan paused mid-reply as the Sunset egg hatched a dazzling blue dragonet. A wave of calm washed over him, relaxation like he'd never felt before, and he nearly let go of Aelyx. "Oh man, that baby is sooooooo blue, isn't he," the man sighed blissfully and smiled. Yeah, everything was going to be all right with this Hatching...

TheWishling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:06 pm
Elibrie - she/her

Oranie's and Juhvek's reassurances made her feel a bit better, and once again, she took a deep breath. The Healers would do their very best, and surely the injured Candidate would recover in time. Surely. Even more helpful than that reassurance and the deep breath, however, was a familiar sense of relaxation, and Elibrie's face brightened with a soft smile.

"Oh! Oh, it's a blue! He's beautiful," she sighed at their friend from the Touching, gripped for the first time this Hatching by real, true yearning...which she tried to pack away, but oh, she had adored Sunset Egg.

But it was silly to think she could ever be a consideration for a blue. She would only break her own heart.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:06 pm
Anakumath

So enthralled with the going-ons out on the sands, the stands were hardly a consideration to Anakumath who was only vaguely aware of them because her beloved Martirae sat in them like an anchor that kept her tethered to the world. Weighty. Important. Calming.

Her eyes whirled purple and blue as she watched.

They're all wonderful.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:13 pm
Oranie

She sighed quietly with delight at the beautiful blue dragon that hatched... and promptly rolled over, clearly enjoying himself with the same, relaxed energy he'd brought to the Touching. How would Elibrie feel about a blue dragon...? Certainly it wasn't what one expected for a lady--but those kind of thoughts didn't matter anymore! They could both be anything they wanted now. Aunt Nadry had certainly shown her that.

"He looks so comfortable." She laughed, basking in the calm feeling that seemed to exude from the little blue.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:14 pm
Haveli

At the sight of the dragonet spilling out and just laying on the sands (and the other one eating the sand) Haveli felt her mood lighten a bit. It was like a rush of freshness washed over, and while she was still overthinking some things in the back ends of her mind they weren't so bad. Slowly she shifted on her feet, allowing her knees to not quite be so locked, for her weight to balance itself better.

If she didn't know any better, Haveli might actually be....relaxing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:15 pm
Nashwa and Gold Ilaorunth

To say that Ilaorunth was delighted by Manahahtath's reply would have been an understatement, and with Hers appeased, she ate it right up. No need to be separated much at all, indeed! How lucky I am to have such a perfect gentleman for a brother, and what a relief I will never need worry that I might want for company. Another nuzzle, and then she settled herself near enough that her tail at least could drape over his. She'd have been happier for even more contact, but had to concede that, at this very moment, their first meal was the priority.

Ah, and here was Kahveth! A fine specimen of a brown, dark and sleek and brimming with energy. Delicious. Though quite comfortable where she was, she thrummed with pleasure for the additional handsome company. I have only just begun, so I cannot make a recommendation, but I trust Manahahtath's, of course, and look forward to hearing your own opinion as well. Not so much for the opinions themselves as to savor their voices. Such delightfully different flavors of masculinity. Ahhh.

She was halfway to a sigh when Alenciath's enthusiasm washed over them all, and she chortled. Darling, it has been a party ever since I hatched. But the more of us there are, the merrier, of course! I gather there will be quite the soiree later.

Though the talking-to from Hers had washed off her hide nearly the moment it was through, she was deeply pleased when Triesteth absolved her of any wrong, and shared it with Nashwa. See? No harm done! Well, not by her, anyway. Nashwa, however, wasn't ready to let her off the hook, and counseled her on the proper reply. All the same, I do hope you will be well-healed in good order.

"And he's quite the specimen himself," Nashwa had returned the compliment to her dragon in kind as she sat down, and proceeded with the business of feeding her beloved. For Fahn, there was another polite dip of her head, and the same for Allamor - and once he arrived, Rasthell. "So, new names for anyone?"

She knew most of the other Western Candidates - no, Weyrlings - at the very least in passing by this point, but she was sure there would be names to learn new versions of, and she did not want to address anyone improperly. Impression gave them the honor of elliding their names if they wished, and she would eat her sandals before she trod on that, even by mistake.

Uta

Samuel Carlin

demon_pachabel

faesinger

((Many apologies if I missed anything/anyone! Lots to catch up on and phonetype about.))  

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:20 pm
Odellet - Western Weyr- She here

"It was," Odd said, rocking on her feet a bit. That had been an great encounter to have out here. "Hope she finds the person she is looking for, they are going to have a great time together. "

Blood was spilled shortly after, and she couldn't fault the green, not at all. It wasn't her fault, and it wasn't the browns, it was just...life. It wasn't fair and it sprung situations where well, things just went down hill fast. But there was impressions, that was good right.

"Do you know anyone that impressed?" She asked, curious. She couldn't place anyone yet...least not anyone she remembered talking to earlier.

tatterpixie
Trude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:27 pm
Etansi

Things seemed to have eased up some and as a result so did she. The tension that she'd been holding in her shoulders despite her calm and level thoughts melted away when the worst of the fighting stopped and a number of dragons began to impress. The gold, one of the browns, one of the greens; suddenly there was a new blue on the sands in a relaxed pile.

While there was always the possibility of it getting violent again she just radiated calm the best that she could and watched everything, her arms crossing over her chest a bit.

Would wind down soon she was fairly certain, babies would start to get hungry and everyone would leave the sands for the feast. A small wiggle of self sabotage slid into her mind as she thought what her odds were, counting the remaining candidates and dragons on the sand.

Alcohol was in her future it seemed, at least now she could have it.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:38 pm
Trude

"Only distantly," Trude replied, "like I know their faces from Candidate lessons but I probably don't remember their names -- I'm really bad with names." It had been a miracle she's remembered Odd's name, but even so she didn't recall her full name, and only remembered Odd because it was... well, odd.

She cringed a little at the squabbling hatchlings, and at the torn-up Candidates; she was still getting used to how Hatchings ran, how baby dragons behaved. This was only her second Hatching, after all. "They'll all Impress, won't they?" she asked Odd. "All the babies. They'll all Impress, right?"

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:50 pm
Veikel

The candidates who had been involved that scuffle were slowly leaking in, and Veikel took several deep breathes as he prepared to move among them and give what aid he could. Many were already being assisted by other healers, a fact he was regretfully thankful for, but that didn't mean he couldn't lend a hand if someone needed it. He had plenty of bandages and numbweed to spare, plus anything and everything else they needed. The last couple sevendays had not been idly spent, as Veikel made sure their stocks and supplies were absolutely fresh just in case.

Quote:
anyone who was injured and would like to interact, please feel free![/quote[

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:50 pm
Dipsi - Candidate- Western weyr

Dipsi raised her hand to her chest and clutched it there. She was never washing this hand again....okay maybe at least till the end of the day. For a girl from shell crack no where it was one of the biggest touch stones of her life.

And though the blue had not chosen her. She had not expected him to. From what she had seen and heard when a dragon and their chosen rider made contact the bond was instant. And however handsome the blue was she had felt nothing beyond the awe and wonder she would feel with any dragon contact.

Sadly a spray of crimson red across her vision brought her back her senses as the fight broke out a strangled cry escaped her throat.. No, no. She stretched out a hand unconsciously, wanting to help. But luckily another of the siblings stepped in and things settled once more.

Impressions were now happening left and right. And the dragons and candidates being injured seemed to have no bearing on proceedings. Which was good.
They would have comfort and care upon impression. For now all she could do was stand there. Eyes darting everywhere to try and keep track of every new event and roaming hatchling.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:11 pm
Odellet - Western Wery She/ Her

"Name can be confusing," Odd said mildly. She usually remembered names because it was a part of grifting. You wanted a sense of camaraderie in your spil and remembering people name was a way to do that, specially if you only heard it in passing and made them seem important.

"Of course they will, the hatchlets are all going to find there people and it going to be grand," Odd replied, confident. Not that she completely believed it, that girl didn't look too good. But Trude needed to hear it and the numbers added up good that all the dragons would impress.

tatterpixie
Trude

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 pm

Although the Green Pink Striped green did not want to admit defeat, she could not deny that she needed help. Who was Hers? Fine. But I will do the looking myself. Because of course she could never let anyone else think that she wasn't capable. Staring out at the Candidates, the little green truly was perplexed. Why was it that they all seemed... wrong? But hadn't someone else seemed right? Something that had set her off earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:22 pm
Bukichi

With a loud crack, a blue flopped onto the sands... and seemed perfectly content to stay there, as calm and chill as could be. Bukichi's lips twitched, a little charmed at the sight. The conversing greens soon caught his attention, particularly as the Green Pink Striped green seemed to stare at them all. He imagined she was looking for Hers... but were any of them who she wanted?  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:26 pm
Haveli

It looked as though one of the greens was finally getting down to searching for Hers, and Haveli simply nodded a feeling of support. The young woman was still feeling quite relaxed for some reason, and she passed that on through her thoughts. Go forth and find yours!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games