Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:49 pm
Tyanan

Tyanan returned her smile. "Don't worry, I got you." He let Aelyx lean against him, easily supporting her. "The healers got good numbweed, I hope, so you're not in pain? You can concentrate on the hatchlings?" He knew she had been Standing for much longer than he had, like Rasthell had been, and he wanted to make sure she had every opportunity for Impression.

MaraRune

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:01 pm

The little gold's eyes whirled a bright blue-green as she listened to Kadosse, and crooned encouragement. I think they would like you very much! Do, seek out a few, and tell me how it goes. Goodbye, darling--but I do think I must hurry along!

The little queen had hoped to have more fun dancing between all the girls--and maybe admiring a few more of her brothers along the way--but every passing moment grew more difficult to thoroughly enjoy. What was the fun of talking about boys, of being the center of attention, without Hers?

It was all well and good to make the girls giggle; all well and good to get the attention she knew she deserved....

But there was something missing. She had a duty to find the One this day... and it was, perhaps, the one and and only time she'd allow herself to be responsible. Instinct demanded as much, and she couldn't continue to have fun with everyone if she was alone. So far all the girls were nothing short of dolls, and the gold wanted to meet each and every one of them...

But there was someone who needed her.

Perhaps they didn't know they needed her, but she knew, and she wasn't going to hold off any longer. With a flip of wings, and a happy croon, she bounded quickly up to the woman who was meant to be Hers. Thankfully, she was flanked by two very handsome men--oh my, oh my! Such taste!

Peeking up, eyes whirling a bright blue-green, full of mischief and mirth, she reached out. While she might have spoken to the others, her words were now laced with nothing but love, affection, and endless support. NashwaMine--Is it finally time to dance? Didn't you promise you'd show me your moves the next we met? Your Ilaorunth is finally here to make good on that promise--and I promise you, we're going to have nothing but fun! If Nashwa had ever doubted that gold was her color...

She now had a queen to prove otherwise, now and forever.

User Image

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:07 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
"About as many as you, then, I think." The double clutch seemed so long ago now, it was hard to believe that it had only been, what? A turn and a half? Something like that. "But that one was so huge, I'm not surprised. The Weyrs were hunting high and low for candidates... though obviously, neither of us needed to have been there." Being left standing was one thing, but Finn herself especially still felt little but regret and displeasure about those particular clutches. Between her sister impressing and her own... follies... it hadn't gone well, for her.

Once more she shoved away the beginnings of any irritation though, instead focusing on watching the rainbows swirl in the newborn gold's eyes for her chosen girl. It really was... nice, to see them bonding. To see impressions, even if only from the outside of the event. It must be nice to have that bond, and she'd like to think she'd be lucky enough to have it for herself some day. She still had turns and turns left to find her match, after all. No point in pouting over long-cracked eggs, and not to mention, that sort of negative thinking was the very worst thing to do. Well, almost.

"Some cute greens, though the blues are pretty too. I've always liked blue, and brown. I guess I can say that here, while we're away from High Reaches?" She didn't have anything against tradition, personally. She rarely thought about it actually, but still, she had made a point this last turn of keeping her head down and her toes in line. That meant, mostly, just looking at the greens when she remembered to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:09 pm

When Veikel leaned against him, Tristram felt a twinge of concern. Was he tired? During a previous Western Hatching Veikel had been quite ill. Tris was genuinely beginning to suspect that Veikel was sick once again. Brushing his hand lightly across the other healer's forehead, he detected no sign of a fever. "Are you all right?" he asked, and then recalled Veikel's weakness at the sight of blood. Perhaps that might explain it.

But he had to laugh when Veikel commented about his apron. "It's an apron, Veikel. Highly practical. If I get covered in blood again I won't have to wash it out of my healers' tunic." Which, really, was the important part. "Not to mention there are at least a dozen individual pockets on this thing." He'd thought his smock was the epitome of pragmatism, really.

"I highly doubt we'll be so fortunate that Aelyx's injury will be the worst of it. But let us hope so." For indeed, even now Aelyx was moving under her own power with only a little assistance from another Candidate. Tristram was definitely going to keep an eye on her, all the same.

---

Beaming with pride, Orry gave a whoop of joy! "Oh, he deserves this. I'm so happy for him, after all that he's gone through." It was nice to see someone she might dare to call a friend Impressing. Someone who had been so hurt for so long, and would finally have the opportunity to let himself heal. Assuming his dragonet was not already doing that. "I hope all of the dragonets are able to so easily find their matches," she said to Aerden, taking note that the little queen in the clutch had Impressed too.

houllow
Uta
Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 pm
Candidate Omurntas he/him - Western

Checking over the eggs, Omurn thought he spotted movement but then wasn't sure when he didn't notice anything further. He watched a couple greens being cute, then noticed Pink Striped Green racing through the candidates. Some were unlucky enough to be in her way.

Gold Striped practically exploded apart to give the grand entrance to the gold who toppled out. She wouldn't be interested in him and he wasn't interested in her. He looked back over the other dragonets as they wandered over the sands. Omurn kept a quiet eye on Green Pink Striped green as she stalked among the candidates. He'd bend easily out of her way if she came towards him.

A bit of rivalry appeared to be going on between two of the blues. Omurn watched Purple Glitter move in front of Purple Galaxy and try to take his fame. That could be bad depending how Purple Galaxy took it. Tribal Green bronze finally made a move to inspect the candidates,but quickly dismissing the first one. It wasn't much longer before the handsome dragon did find his rider. The first to do so. Perhaps it would get the others rolling?

The expected fight from the blues didn't emerge and Omurn relaxed just a fraction. That one blue though brought a faint smile to his lips. No lack of self confidence there. He checked quickly on the first bronze, but he hadn't move. The gold quickly found her rider.

Candidate Bionden she/her - Western

Aw Rose was absolutely adorable when she went to try reassure her bronze brother. And Orange Leopard Spot hatched another cute green who went to snuggle first with her parents. Oh no! Bionden felt so bad as the clutch's gold hatched and immediately muscled her green sister away from the bronze. Then she knocked into another egg which dumped a hissy green on the sands. Poor Rose!

You're welcome to come sit with us if you want. Bion tried to offer Rose any encouragement she needed. She was fully focused on the green as she hit another egg and partially revealed Spotted Green, then laying in the sands with her claws in the wing membrane. Oh poor baby! She wanted to help!

The adults had things well in hand? paw? though it looked like. Bionden blushed with pleasure as Raiden commented that Rose reminded him of her. That was sweet! The woman was glad when the sweet green was freed from herself. She hoped the green found her rider easily as the dragonet moved off toward some further candidates and away from the hustle and bustle.

Bionden let out a breath as the beautiful Rose picked out her rider. "Good she found hers." She smiled at the candidates around her and let her gaze roam over the hatchlings. The first couple of impressions had been made, as she realized one of the bronzes had also picked his rider soon followed by the gold.

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 pm
En'cai of bronze Spurth

"I can't say as I know them well, individually," En'cai answered Z'haq. "But I know I trust dragons to pick the right people, so I have to go the way they're going and say our new riders-in-training look pretty good." If he knew what a news anchor was, he might feel like one, giving running commentary.

Of course, he'd proably lose his job for standing up excitedly when the gold found Hers, and shouting, ""There goes the gold!"

Beffore looking sheepish, both at others in the stands and his wingleader, clearing his throat and sitting again. "They look pretty good."

tatterpixie

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:33 pm
Oreune

"Well at least we don't have to worry about the Gold. Looks like she found hers pretty much right away." Oreune shrugged at the scene before them, not even bothering to really pay attention to any of the dragons. She absolutely did not expect to Impress so apart from just thinking "hi, how are you" there wasn't much else going on. Plans for eating and drinking at the feast. "I mean I expected as much." The hurt green and the bronze Impressed too so that was happening. Maybe when this was done she'd try to dye fabrics in the color of some of the dragonets, or whatever else she could do. "And I guess so, about the colors? I mean I was hold born and then lived a hall, so stuff like colors don't really mean anything to me? Same towards the people who sit on 'em."

That was one of her better traits, one could suppose, her lack of care or fear about rank and regard. She did adhere to it somewhat since she didn't like getting in trouble, but if she were to go on and be a crafter then everyone was treated equally. Or at least those who tipped would be treated a bit better.

---

Haveli

Hah, of course. A pretty face for the pretty dragon, a pretty personality to make a pretty pair. In the back of her head, deep in her mind away from all thoughts she'd ever share, Haveli was kicking herself within an inch of her life for even thinking for even a tick of a candlemark that someone like her would get a gold dragon. Not that she had to have one, but flipping shards and shells, it would make life easier. Literally any dragon would, but if she continued to think such predatory thoughts she'd be walking out of here alone.

But really, once the bitterness settled she was happy for the new pair. For all the new pairs, since they were going on to a new life that she had yet to know anything about. One day, maybe even today, but better to not get the bile in her throat just yet. There were plenty more eggs, plenty more dragons, but about fifteen candidates to each. The odds were not in her favor.

---

Veikel

As Tristram touched his head, Veikel leaned more on to him and even batted his eyes a bit, spoiled. It was always wonderful to have the concern of his friend, even if he didn't exactly mean to make him concerned. "Nope, I feel fine. Just super glad you're here with me and amazing at sewing, or else that poor girl would have had my lunch in her lap after a bit."

He really wouldn't have thrown up on her, probably, and so he moved on with that towards the smock comment. "Smock or apron, it's cute! Do you have pockets for snacks in there? Do you need me to make sure they're all filled with stuff?" Veikel's teasing was helping him feel better because, no matter how hard he tried to hide it, he was feeling a bit queasy. Thankfully it was done and over and the clutch itself seemed to be a jolly mood.

"If you jinx it and we end up swamped, you're carrying me back to my bunk. Hold Maiden style."

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:34 pm
B'jor of brown Mesikath

"They seem to be a happy little clutch," B'jor said from Nonami's right shoulder. He batted at their hair, between watching the newly impressed off the sands. A blue kissing...bopping a candidate on the cheek, gold finding Hers, eggs rolling out of control. They mostly seemed to be having a good time. A few raised claws but that was babies for you. A small dragon hurt, and still finding hers was heartbreakingly adorable. "With all their parents, sweet as sugar, it might have rubbed off on their young ones."

Mesikath ambiently mimicked his rider, head resting on Negoncath, paw tucked delicately , under himself, tails twined. Look how small, and oh… how cute. He peered at the little ones exploring the sand. Vibrant lovely ones, it's your day!

Prism Shine

Spockat

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:35 pm
Kadosse

And there her little friend, kind of, went, off to meet somebody else. Not that she particularly mind. Kadosse hadn't figured the sweet little gold for her own and was happy to have had the little reprieve from the everything going on, all at once!

But really....boys!

-----

Amahno

Woah, that was a gold on the approach. Did she want some pets from them too, or....?

No, no. She was looking at Nashwa in a very specific way, and he knew better than to interrupt, instead looking over at Rahimar with slightly raised brows. Wow!

Meepfur

Uta
Because they're here lmao

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:38 pm
Z'haq of Bronze Eorawth

Z'haq listened with the mindset of both a Flightleader and a Wingleader to En'cai, nodding as the big man made his assessments. He hated to put En'cai on the spot like this, but he was thinking toward riders he could rely on in Flame's Fury Wing to help him with some of the day to day things, like keeping an ear to the ground to see if there were any personal issues coming up. He'd have to approach the Weyrleadership later with his thoughts.

Then the little gold Impressed, and he too leapt out of his seat, though he just quietly pumped his fist and hissed "Yesssssssssssss!" Glancing around, he grinned and nodded before sitting back down and recovering something of his composure. What little there was of it.

"I agree," he nodded sagely at En'cai. "I think they'll make fine dragonriders."

Samuel Carlin

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:42 pm
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

"My focus is fine. The pain's minimal thanks to the numbweed and as long as I don't mess with the leg too much, it should heal fine. Not the first injury I've ever had...thankfully." Her mismatched gaze swept over the hatchlings, quietly taking in everything she could of the situation. Good to see the little Queen find hers. That was always nice to watch.

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm
Tyanan

"That's good," Tyanan said, then quickly added, "I mean not good that you've been injured before, good that it's not as bad as it looks. Looked. Before you got stitched up." The young man fell silent before he put his sandaled foot in his mouth any deeper. Of course her wound looked nasty, but he wasn't about to say that out loud.

Seeing the baby gold Impress, he couldn't help but smile. Having the gold Impress this early on in the Hatching had to be a good sign, right?

TheWishling

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 pm
Niviora - She/Her - Western

“Quite.” There’s a chuckle in her voice, watching the one go and smooch cheeks with little blues. Handsome little boy, both he and his competition was. Though the one more in candidates’ faces had her attention more. Though… she took a lone glance at the clutch, to Golden Flourish -- before her gaze flit back to land on something, anything. “Looks like she found Hers.” She nodded to the queen, and there’s a pleased note to her tone. “It’s been remarkably quiet though.” Well, in terms of baby dramatics. It was… nice, honestly. Aside from the occasional accident and then the poor little rose green.

----

Dystzha - She/Her - Western

There’s relief as the little injured green’s chosen had come to her, carrying her off the sands to have that wing looked after. Good, good. Good. Dystzha startled slightly at Surel’s concern, shaking her head. A small flush rising to her cheeks. “N- no, I’m fine--” Hands shaking, as if to refuse the fussing -- only to have her face color in embarrassment even further as Etansi’s gaze turned to her. “Honest, I’m okay.” Liar, liar, firelizards spit fire.

Despite the tempting offer to burrow into Etansi’s back, Dystzha shook her head once more and focused on taking a few, grounding breaths -- each coming a bit slower with every exhale. “I’m fine. See?” She smiled for the both of them, but not before scrubbing her eyes dry. Tears were for later, when they wouldn’t harm little babies.

“O-oh, look,” Quick, a deflection! “Looks like the little queen has found Hers! I’m so happy for them both, she’s a little spirited one.”

---

Iskernyk - He/His - Unaffiliated Standidate

“Mm, yes, and Adarith is a handsome boy.” Credit where credit was due, his friends had wonderfully lovely dragons. But he still wasn’t quite sure if that meant himself -- after all, not everyone could be as lucky as T’sar…. Could they? Hope was a dangerous beast, and he’d rather keep his expectations at manageable levels.

He hums softly, eyeing the little gold who impressed after the bronze she had moved in on had done so, and the little green she had knocked aside. A trio perfectly impressed, good. There was the blue milling about pecking candidates on the cheek, and his rival blue -- both lovely in their own rights.

“Mm, yeah! I don’t think he’s here today, sadly. I would’ve loved for you both to meet him.” He sighs, though Iskernyk can clearly remember how uncomfortable he made poor Rahmsii. Maybe there was a reason he hadn’t returned his letters yet…
He couldn’t quite think of one, though.

Spockat

SilverLutz

Hattaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:08 pm

What had seemed a simple stand off moments ago, when their golden sister had still been on the Sands to keep matters well in claw, was nothing short of a dragonet blood bath. Green Pink Striped green lunged at Yellow Striped brown, letting out a bellow of rage when he would not get up! I SAID GET UP! You mannerless oaf! You odious beast! the green shrilled, diving into the swathe of Candidates between her and her brother with complete abandon and no little exasperation. She'd warned. She'd asked.

He'd ignored.

But Yellow Swirl was DONE! STOP IT! YOU'RE JUST A MEAN BULLY! I CAN STAY IF I WANT TA! So saying, he soaked up the slashes she sent his way, kicking with both hind legs.

The Green Pink Striped green went flying, knocking into a series of Candidates, among them Allamor, Oreune, and Serrekhar. With practical knives attached to her feet, she could hardly avoid hurting anyone nearby. She didn't pull her punches either when she stood up, letting her claws sink in for purchase. Ruffian. Scoundrel! Idiot!

GET AWAY FROM THEM! STOP THAT! STOP IT! STOOOOP!!!! so saying, the Yellow Swirl dragonet when barreling into the fray, ichor weeping from his wounds. His sister was the worst. The worst! And she was gonna hurt someone IMPORTANT!!!

faesinger
houllow
Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 pm
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

Well, so much for an easy hatching. Using Tyanan as support, she steered them both a bit further back away from the angry green and her very upset Brown brother. Faranth be good, she hoped they found theirs quickly. This kind of reaction usually ended in quite a few wounds, and Aelyx would like to avoid many more, "...You're fine...I get what you meant."

tatterpixie

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games