Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:35 pm
Fahn

Fahn looked almost as confused as the little brown did, peering about as well. Did the little guy hear something she couldn't? It didn't keep her foot from tappin'....and the hullabaloo would be obvious soon enough as a soft murmur of leaving people drew her attention.

What...what was that all about?

She only looked back for the moment, however, before looking back to the babies moving about - and oh! That little green! "Let's go, indeed!" Fahn cheered on - though she was not allowed to go-along with the little one. But perhaps her blue brother would!

-----

Matotoka

It seemed as though the red eyed bronze wasn't about to launch itself into their group, but he seemed appropriately upset about something - and he wasn't the only one, apparently! There was some fuss in the stands, and he almost reached out to Nelilath to see what was going on.

Almost.

But there were still babies on the sands to watch. One of the little browns had stopped in their wandering, seemingly confused and he urged the little guy on: "We're all watching you, little guy. I don't know what's going on either."

-----

Josen

It seemed the red-eyed bronze had taken pause for now, but Josen continued to watch him intently. "I don't think he's going to attack us - probably wasn't going to at all," he informed Serrekhar, but didn't budge. "What do you think he wants, besides attention?" maybe a High Reaches boy who appreciated bronzes more would suit him.

Hmm.

Tsunake

------

Juhvek

The Tribal Green bronze had apparently settled, and Juhvek's shoulders relaxed slightly. "We have another egg moving," he noted, gesturing to the Rose Egg. But then the Pink Striped egg's inhabitant was helped out by the little blue and....

"Well, isn't she a lovely one?" he said, nudging for both Elibrie and Oranie to look upon the freshly hatched green that was on the sands. He knew at least one of them would feel more comfortable on a green than any other color - or so she'd implied.

He, however, watched the other dragons, trying to read what they were doing....and also whatever was going on.

Tsunake

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:42 pm
[ candidate alisaide ] - they/he - high reaches

"There's definitely a lot to pay attention to!" Like that Bronze, for instance--except now he seemed to just be brooding instead of actively on the hunt. He really was a beautiful dragon, though, and Alisaide didn't bother to smother the admiration they felt when they looked at him. "It's easy to get overwhelmed, I know. Just--try to relax, if you can. We'll get through it okay, just you watch!"
Keep calm and optimistic, and things would end up alright eventually. They knew their mantra well, and they were planning on sticking to it.

The sudden appearance of a Green had Alisaide on their tiptoes to get a better look at her, face breaking into outright beaming. They clapped a hand on Eliaza's shoulder, pointing toward the warbling dragonet--maybe a hatchling in a better mood might help her calm down?
"Oh, hey! Look at that, there's a Green! She's darling, isn't she?"

Samuel Carlin

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:43 pm
Sorsha of Gold Leoth

Sorsha looked back and forth between the dragon parents and the people leaving -- clearly Holders. What was going on? What had happened? She was very glad that golds at Western weren't held to the same esteem as at High Reaches, or she'd no doubt be privy to the tensions erupting. All she wanted was to fight Thread with her Leoth -- was that too much to ask?

Leoth, however, had Opinions. Well, I never! They are GUESTS of our HATCHING and they leave in a huff when a simple request is asked of the clutch sire? So rude!

It's okay, my love. The Weyrleaders will sort this all out.
Sorsha shook her head and looked at Yura as he spoke. "We do -- I mean, we have just as good manners as High Reaches -- I mean," she sighed heavily. "Both Weyrs have good and bad. No-one is perfect."

She didn't want to start an argument! That might upset things more!

houllow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:43 pm
Nuamia

Nuamia had been watching the little brown make his way back and forth through the candidates with glee when suddenly his mood changed. What had happened? Was he okay? She crooned a little. “Everything is good, little one.” What was all the fuss about, anyway? Who cares? With a shrug, Nuamia continued to watch the dragons.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:47 pm
Lelte
She didn't know what was going on, but when she heard the bronze sires broadcast, she paused a moment. She didn't think it was her, but it definitely was a check on her thoughts and behavior. She made a concious effort to keep her thoughts warm and welcoming, shoving anything and everything else into a box deep deep down to be examined later, if at all.

There seemed to be more movement, more eggs seeming like they were getting ready to join the party on the Sands. And the baby that had been in the egg whose top had been gone for a while joined her brothers, her bright cheery nature like the blue. It brought a smile to her face. What a precious thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:48 pm
Kel nodded, soft smile still on her face. She was so glad he had found his voice around her, difficult a task though that might be at times. "I wonder if that's true of human babies too- shaped by their parents or their surroundings? Still, it's lovely to see them hatch healthy, and... Well... Relatively happy." She chuckled. They were all so beautiful and different.

Her heart caught in her chest a little- she'd grown fond of Pink Stripes during the Touching, with its effervescent beauty and view of the world, and oh... She was so darling and precious. "Look at her... She and her brother are so sweet together, too."

It seemed that tensions were mounting amongst some, for she noticed folks leaving the stands. Perhaps some things needed straightening out, or they were too sensitive or... Dare she think it... Snobby. Her attention was drawn to the bronze who was grooming himself- and whilst he would never consider her, she at least admired him in her mind. The yellow swirl brown seemed to be enjoying himself until- well... Keleres wasn't sure exactly what he was feeling. Or thinking.

"I hope that poor girl isn't hurt too badly. She managed to get to a healer, though, so hopefully..."

Smerdle
For Brenley!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:50 pm

In the hubbub, a large Orange Galaxy Egg shifted eeeever so slightly, cracking fully along the far side out of the spectators and parents' view. The figure within stirred, slipping ever so carefully out of the shell so that it appeared completely unopened.

Then, with surprising stealth for one newly hatched, the dragonet slunk with belly low to the sands, creeping past one egg after the other. The little shape was not visible, concealed quite handily by the giant specter of the Purple Glitter Egg.

But Yellow Swirl brown had at last calmed down, lulled by Baihath's loving thoughts. He was so calm, in fact, that he laid fully down on several Candidates, including Lyfrocier, and anyone nearby him.

The Rose Egg cracked gently, little ripples appearing along its shell. Oh my, oh my, what was going on? Oh dear, oh dear! It could feel the disquiet in the Hatching Grounds.

Zaikt
Lyfrocier and anyone who wants to say they were nearby.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:55 pm
Rundanrul - Western

The irate bronze didn't so much as flinch after he spoke to him. Instead he sat down to groom his tail. Rundanrul wasn't so easily discouraged, though. The bronze had been hatched rather violently and suddenly and he'd be pretty ticked off if that's how his grand entrance into the world went as well. Run would be patient, his eyes trained on the bronze. You certainly had his undivided attention, Green Tribal.

---

Surel - Western

Surel relaxed a bit as the irritated bronze settled down to groom himself, the immediate danger gone. She gave Dystzha a thankful if small smile for her reassurance, the whole situation starting to get a bit stressful. She had to keep her thoughts positive and receptive to the babies, though, and when she glanced out to the sands again she spotted the Yellow Swirl brown was looking a bit overwhelmed. She wished she could comfort him, but she knew how that could only make it worse sometimes.

A delicate green joined her brothers on the sands and she gave a soft 'awwww' from her hiding place behind Dystzha and Etansi.

"Look at how cute she is," she whispered softly, mostly to herself but certainly audible to the other three Candidates.

---

Vimeran - High Reaches

"Mm. An interesting bunch," Vimeran agreed, his eyes trained on the sands, watching each baby with interest. A green had joined the mix and she seemed to be on the same wavelength as her blue brother, the two of them bouncing around on the sand. The poor brown looked a bit distressed and the bronzes were very intently not looking at the Candidates. He looked at them anyway, giving each baby due attention, knowing that even if they seemed uninterested they'd know if they were getting attention.

"That didn't look pleasant," he added as he flicked his gaze over to the Candidate that had been caught by the stumbling blue. Thankfully a healer was seeing to her and she'd probably be good to return.

---

T'sar

T'sar's brow raised as Turoth spoke to the stands at large and he gave a little huff as he glanced down at his nails. Right, well, he wasn't doing anything untoward so clearly he didn't need to listen. He wasn't sure what had been said or done to warrant that but he wasn't terribly interested in the answer to that either. He was here to socialize, thank you very much.

"Well you couldn't have two dragons, Iskernyk," he said with a little smirk as he glanced up. "Unless you have firelizards, I suppose. But that's certainly not the same." T'sar had never thought about Impressing before he'd had Adarith clawing at the walls of the hatching grounds to try to get to him and even then it had been such a shock he hadn't had time to process the color of his hide. T'sar wasn't picky but a brown seemed to be perfect in his eyes: he was strong, he could chase golds, and yet didn't get as big as the metallic types so oiling and washing didn't take ages. A perfect compromise.

Hattaki

Prism Shine

Spockat

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:56 pm
Sivu - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
Sivu inched closer to Etansi to speak quietly. "He certainly is a shiny, lovely fellow!" He whispered spiritedly to his friend. "And certainly the cleanest." He pushed his sandy, red hair from his face and fixed his ponytail - completely inspired by the fastidious display.

Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
Loctius grinned watching the little brown dragon make himself nice and comfortable. It looked comfy! He watched for a good moment. Maybe he's smush his friends onto a pillow sometime, see if it was as comfy as it looked. Eyes swepy over the dragons over the sand. Some eggs moving, twitching some of which he had visited at the Touching.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:58 pm
Kadosse

There seemed to be something going on in the stands, but Kadosse was mesmerized by the eggs that were a moving - a little green spilling out, neither bronze brother seemed particularly happy, and the yellow swirl brown had decided a few of the candidates looked rather comfortable.

It seemed rather calm, all possibilities considered.

But neither of the eggs she had touched had made significant progress towards hatching, and Kadosse wasn't as familiar with some of these that had hatched...or were trying to. Still, she sent as fond of thoughts as she could muster to them all. Support. Solidarity.

You're doing great! Things will only get better with you here!

------
Papys

"I think playing it cool makes ya look real cool," Papys couldn't help but comment out loud to the Green Tribal Bronze that had decided that maybe it didn't care right then, playing at indifference. "I want to be that cool - be a hero and stuff," but he was maybe the only one who expected it of himself.

After all, he wasn't exactly...the top of anybody's lists of who they'd run to first if they needed a hand. For good reason, yeah, but...  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:00 pm
Yura

And now he was making it worse. "Ahh no that's not what I meant!! Ahh.....n.r.n..." Spending time alone with Neivdenth had clearly deteriorated his talking skills, not that Yura was the wordsmith of the family anyway. He'd almost always left major confrontations to his Mother or big sis, and now here he was just shoving the entirety of his boot down his throat without even meaning to. Please if there was a merciful way to speak to Faranth, just smite him.

Well, not full smite because he couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to his lifemate. So maybe just a tiny smite.

"I....I think I meant I just don't understand why we're all overreacting so much. I love it here, everyone's so nice. I miss the sands, and the sea, and you and all my friends. I'm starting to think High Reaches is turning me into a snob without my mom around to box my ears." It was true, he was missing some maternal guidance now and then, probably. "So sorry, Sorsha, no commentary on you at all." He would likely never ever speak to her again with how horrible this had gone. Was this a new form of bad luck? Had it moved from physical injury to verbal snaffus?

Awful.

tatterpixie

---

Haveli

What a show. The antics of the bronzes were of no interest to Haveli, save for the "good thoughts, good thoughts" routine, as well as looking over towards the brown who'd apparently decided candidates were comfortable couches. Better than being mauled, she supposed, and with that turned back to look at the blue and the new green that had arrived.

The odds for the green were much, much higher in her favor than any of the others on the sands at the moment, but that was getting ahead of herself. She could make plans once this was over, for good or bad, but for now it needed to be nothing bu clear and happy and welcoming thoughts, regardless of whatever was happening overhead with the adults.

---

Maishel

The sight of a dragonet laying on a candidate was absolutely outlandish. This was not something she'd heard before and Maishel raised an eyebrow. Perhaps this behavior, coupled with whatever nonsense that had traveled through her mind earlier (quite unsettling) was why several holders she had been sitting near up and left. Certainly this hatching was something to speak about later, and she was sure there would be many letters to pen once she returned to the Hold proper.

The antics of today would ripply loudly in the minercraft world, she had a feeling, and perhaps that was not a bad thing. She was in a position where whatever happened here would benefit in some way, or so she was leading herself to believe.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:11 pm
Elibrie - she/her

The Tribal bronze seemed to settle himself, and Elibrie allowed herself a small sigh of relief. Though she continued to glance his way periodically, both because he was handsome and out of an abundance of caution, she let herself look where Juhvek indicated. Still more eggs were working on hatching, and one had finally revealed the day's first green.

"She is very pretty," the young woman agreed, though she'd have said the same of any hatchling of any color, and meant it. "They're all wonderful, really." They were all precious, but she tried not to let herself fall too far into that admiration again. She might have been chosen to stand here, but she still didn't believe a dragon of any color would ever want her, for a multitude of reasons. No matter their lessons, it was hard to shake what had been ingrained in her all her life: girls didn't belong on 'fighting' dragons. Girls didn't belong most places. Especially not girls like her. Which left her one option she was even less worthy of.

The hope was there, dim as it was, that a dragon might want her - a dragon of any color - or else she wouldn't be here at all, but at heart she knew it was a silly notion.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Jemaselle High reaches Weyr- she her.

Well that was something she didn't see every hatching. She gave a small smile at the candidate trapped under the brown who seemed to have decided that they needed cuddles of some sort. That.. that was rather cute. Jemi shook her head and shifted slightly on her feet, watching the eggs hatch. Things were going well so far and she was interested in seeing who would impressed first.  
Sorsha of Gold Leoth

"Nonononono, Yura, it's okay!" Sorsha frantically shook her head, sending red curls everywhere. She placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled at him. "Words are hard sometimes," she commented. "I sometimes wish we could communicate with thoughts like our dragons can -- then there'd be no way to mistake someone's intent from their words. If that makes sense."

She sighed hugely, letting her hand slide back to her lap. "I just want Western and High Reaches to be on friendly terms again. Not this... tension. That way you could come visit if you like, or I could come visit you without worry." Her pale eyes met his. "Is that so much to ask?"

houllow

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:12 pm
Purple Glitter Egg seemed to sense another was near....

And quite suddenly exploded, sending fragments of shell and egg goop at everyone nearby. The large blue dragon had his wings spread wide, his neck arched, and he had the carriage of a dragon who was a somebody.

Hello, world. Did you miss me? Of course you did! Feast your eyes on the real prize of this clutch. The words were purred, and were spoken to everyone.

With his wings spread, one still couldn't tell what the slinking Orange Galaxy egg happened to be.

- - - -

Gold Striped Egg was really wobbling now! The being inside absolutely, positively, demanded to be released. There was a loud crack--loud enough to startle the egg to stop its rocking in surprise. The being wasn't out yet, but one more shake might well do it!

- - -

Oh no. Oh dear. Oh no. Orange Leopard Spot egg would also give a few tentative shakes. There were some mighty upset feelings happening... and this egg suddenly had a need!

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games