[PRP] Winter skies (Hoot and Forest Shadow) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Forest Shadow fluffed her fur up and then went to her area of the den where she had her baskets of herbs stored, she really needed to find a friendly little raccoon to be her full-time assistant so she didn't have to seek out raccoons every time she needed a new basket or needed help putting something on a patient. Having a raccoon helper would be so nice. She needed one that had the right personality for the job, calm and patient. She finally turned to leave the den facing the cold winter air. The air had taken on the scent of snow.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Winter had overtaken Kells, bringing with it blustery winds and the occasional fall of snowflakes. The ground was cold beneath his feet as he swiftly trotted back to the dens with a mouth full of herbal medicine. Hoot had only taken on the role of healer a few moons ago and still had much to learn, but he realized early on that pushing himself to search for the plants most often used would be essential in ramping up his skills.

At current, he was carrying Yarrow - a delicate and pretty plant particularly helpful with open wounds. Something had happened to one of the protectors while they were out - something about a scuffle with some larger prey - and Hoot had immediately gone out in search of the flowering plant.

As he approached the dens, his eyes lit up involuntarily at the sight of another healer - Forest Shadow. He had helped her previously in her own search for herbs, and they had bonded quietly underneath a bright moon. Now, he trotted past her, dipping into the den that held one of the other healers who was attending to the wounded wolf. Quickly Hoot dropped off the Yarrow and exited the den, eager to say hello to his new friend.

Much slower now, Hoot walked up to Forest Shadow and smiled. "You, ah..." He could feel his face heating up as he thought to say 'You look even more beautiful in the daylight' but my lanta that was coming on strong. And he certainly wasn't his modus operandi. Instead, he said: "I'm getting better at this whole herb-collecting business, many thanks to you. I'll become a great healer like you some day, I think." His eyes were searching for somewhere to stare that wasn't her face, he felt so awkward. "Um, anyway... how are you, Forest Shadow? Still short-handed?" Hoot knew she had been seeking a little helper to assist her in gathering the necessary plants for her job, but wasn't sure whether or not she'd been able to ameliorate that problem.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:52 pm
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow saw Hoot coming towards her, she was close to the male wolf and fellow healer, she remembered how kind he had been to help her in her search for herbs to dry for the winter. Together they had collected a nice winter supply. She waited patiently for Hoot to figure out what he was meaning to say. She didn't want to push him to say something he wasn't ready to say. She blinked for a moment since his first words were Ah you. Then he went into talking about herbs. She smiled softly brushing off the odd start to the conversation. "You were a major help to me collecting the herbs for winter, I have baskets of dried herbs in the den for whatever is needed." She nodded "I am sure you are already a good healer, together we can handle the care of the pack."

She thought a moment. "If you mean are my herbs low I don't think so, with your help I was able to gather many herbs I might have been low by now if I had been working alone." She smiled. Their work was very important, but she wondered how he was outside of work. "So how have you been lately?" She asked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:16 am
At the compliment, Hoot smiled, dipping his head bashfully. "I'm just glad I could be of help. I can learn a lot from you, I know." He was thankful to hear that she was well-stocked — the winter was rough for collecting anything before it completely died and dried up in its usefulness (even if he had managed to find the rare bout of Yarrow). Hoot was also glad to see Forest Shadow smiling softly at him — he was fond of the female, and growing close to her was definitely not the worst thing.

When she asked how he was, Hoot cocked his head a bit. He wasn't sure anyone outside of his parents had ever asked that of him before. How was he? "I, uh... I'm good. Not enjoying the cold of my first winter, but the smell... it's intoxicating? So crisp it feels like I'm breathing in ice. Do you ever get used to that?" Realizing he was being impolite, he returned her question: "And what about you?"

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:35 am
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow smiled having others think she was smart was a nice feeling, living alone had been rather lonely and she had trouble meeting others and finding friends. The pack made those things a great deal easier. Forest nodded "Yes winter can be very hard especially if you are a rogue, finding enough food and warm places to sleep can be tricky, sleeping in the den with everyone else is very nice." She was enjoying her first winter with the pack it was much easier than the other winters she had faced. She enjoyed listening to Hoot and talking to him, she showed no sign of being annoyed at all. "I am fine with the winter as long as I have the pack." She said warmly "Swiftfell is a wonderful home." Forest thought a moment and then asked: "Would you like to go for a walk in the snow it can be very nice at times."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:44 am
Hoot nodded sagely as Forest Shadow described life as a rogue. He often didn't think about the privilege of having been born in a pack — and such a peaceful, friendly pack such as The Swiftfell — but it was tales like these that made him ever so thankful for his situation in life. "That sounds really rough. I'm, ah, I'm glad you found us." Smiling gently, he looked directly at her eyes and then immediately averting his gaze, feeling mildly uncomfortable.

A walk? "Yeah, that sounds... that sounds very nice! And it would be a great way to get used to this stuff. Lead the way, Forest~" Deciding he couldn't let her carry the conversation on his own, he decided to ask about her past: "So, you were a rogue once upon a time... do you have any family still out there?" He was morbidly curious about where she came from, and how she landed here, in front of him.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:39 pm
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow smiled brightly "I am too, meeting Hazel was a wonderful stroke of luck. She told me about the hare hunt and then I came here and actually got to be part of the hunt. The excitement of running with the pack and almost winning. Meeting the Alpha and Beta it was amazing." She said her tone warm. Forest smiled when Hoot agreed to go with her on the walk. She was happy that Hoot had agreed to do something with her that wasn't work-related. It made her feel closer to him. She made her way threw the snow. Barren trees everywhere. Forest Shadow shrugged "I never met my father and I don't know where my mother is and I don't remember if I had any siblings so I'm not sure. You are lucky to know all your family." She said softly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:35 pm
Ah, right - he had completely forgotten that his sister was the one who brought Forest Shadow into the pack. It didn't surprise him much, though - Hazel was a great wolf and very talented at plugging the things that made the pack so great, which often ended up in recruiting more paws. Helpful, as the pack was still thin on bodies ever since The Great Waste.

"I remember seeing you on that hare hunt - it was so exciting. I didn't participate, but it was a ton of fun to watch. You did a really... really excellent job." He smiled, glancing over at her, then back ahead to watch where he was going.

Evident upon his face was immediate regret at the question he asked - of course, he couldn't have known that this was a sore point for her, but still. Hoot believed he should know better than to ask a former rogue about their past - it often wasn't pretty.

"Oh, gosh, I'm- I'm so sorry, Forest Shadow. You're always welcome to adopt my family as your own, as if there aren't enough of us already. Or, y'know, I'm sure... you'll have a family of your own some day."

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:47 pm
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow smiled "Thank you, I have never been much of a hunter, but it was fun and exciting to have come so close." She smiled "It's alright, and I do hope to find a mate and start a family of my own. I just need to find the right male." She wasn't sure who the right male was yet. She hoped she would get close enough to someone to find out but who knew if it would be today or next week or next year. She wondered how Hoot felt and what he wanted. "So what about you are you looking for a female and mate?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:28 am
Hoot found himself a bit startled at the direction the conversation had turned. He was happy to talk about his family - he did love them dearly, as chaotic as they often were - but a mate? He was hardly able to talk to others let alone a she-wolf he might be interested in. At her initial comment, his head cocked, curious. Admittedly, he did find Forest Shadow to be a great companion. The two had multiple great interactions now, and he couldn’t say she wasn’t near the top of his mind when this conversation came up.

I, uh… I don’t know, really. Someone who… doesn’t mind me?” Hoot shook his head, realizing that sounded terrible. “Okay that was an awful answer, but just… I’d love to find someone sweet and sensitive and easy to be around, who makes me feel… safe.” It seemed odd that a larger-than-average-sized male would seek safety from a mate, but having been bullied quite a bit for his odd demeanor and awkward ways had taken a toll on him.

What does, ah, what does the right male look like for you?

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:01 am
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow smiled and then she rubbed her cheek against Hoots "That is not a bad answer Hoot, you are a good wolf perhaps not always sure with what you want to say but there is nothing wrong with that." She said softly. She listened to his second answer which was nice too. "As for what I'm looking for, someone caring, helpful. I do not desire a male wolf who has to prove his strength threw force." Really Hoot was perfect to her, but she wasn't the blunt type of female, perhaps they would get to understand each other and feelings someday soon, till then she respected him as her friend.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:26 am
Hoot found himself startled once again as Forest Shadow moved forward and rubbed her cheek against his - he could feel the fire emanating from his face and hoped she didn't notice.

He smiled at her response, his body softening to her. And then she continued on, and his ears perked up. Hoot wouldn't imagine himself anyone's dream wolf by any means, but he had a weak heart for Forest Shadow, and noted that his healer-self might fit squarely into what she was looking for. But he just... wasn't sure how to mention it.

"Um, so... that's... I think that sounds nice. You're a wonderful wolf and anyone would be lucky to have you by their side." He gulped heavily, noting that he was by her side, currently. Did that mean anything?

"Do you want pups some day?" It sounded forward, but it followed the rest of their conversation, really. Soft but bold.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:34 pm
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow smiled warmly, she was greatly enjoying her time with Hoot, he was so gentle and sweet and thought of what she needed and was willing to help her, just after she had joined the pack. It had made her feel so cared for as a new pack member, it was nice to feel part of the pack so soon and not distrusted just because she was new. She smiled at Hoot's compliment. "Thank you for saying that Hoot that is so sweet of you and any wolf would be lucky to be with you as well and have your pups, yes I think I would like pups once I find the right male." She said softly, she didn't want to be pushy or blunt with their relationship and friendship. There was no rush as they seemed to be hinting at the same thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:08 am
Hoot felt his body warm in response to Forest Shadow’s smile. It was so soft and lovely - just like her voice - and he found himself wishing he could see it more often. That thought pleasantly conjoined with their current conversation, where they both seemed to be awkwardly flirting around the idea of, well, each other. At her last statement he gulped, averting his eyes from hers. How did one address this sort of thing? Honestly, Forest Shadow seemed like she would be more adept than he at driving the conversation forward, but he didn’t want the responsibility to fall on her. “I, uh… what, ah… would you still think a wolf would be lucky to be with me if it was… you? I mean-” His face flushed, his body temperature spiking even higher as he stammered out a suggestion. “I just… really enjoy spending time with you, so it’s just an idea, but I don’t know… we could be… good together?” Hoot was grimacing, uncomfortable, and completely parched - the anxiety had made his mouth so dry it was hard to speak, even when he was able to formulate words and phrases to say.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:48 am
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow smiled she was so happy that Hoot had found the courage to tell her how he felt she felt like she might cry she was so happy. "I would love that Hoot." She said softly "I could never think of another male I would want to be with." This had been such a wonderful day, a walk in the snow with her favorite wolf and their relationship was moving forward and they agreed that they both wanted pups. Together they would be able to help the pack grow stronger. She wondered if her pups would want to become healers as well or if they would want to follow a different path. "Shall we head back to the pack now?" She asked in a soft tone.  
[Pack] The Swiftfell (The Forest)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff