Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsu Events
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:38 pm
gaia_angelright

As the year draws to a close, Kitsu everywhere are running about, excited about the traditional Festival of Kindling. During this Festival, masquerades are held throughout the Realms, from the opulence of Centre City to the deep hollows of forests and even the caves beneath the deserts. Kitsusagi don costumes and masks based on any number of themes and gather together in great halls, groves, barns, and anywhere else that can hold large numbers. The spaces are decorated with lights, evergreen branches, berries, and other hallmarks of the season. Good food and drink is served, whether its donated by those in the community or made to order from shops in the cities.

The Festival is held on the Winter Solstice, also known as the Longest Night, and usually lasts all night long and sometimes for hours after dawn. Kits are allowed to attend, but most are sent home to bed before too late - though of course some attempt to stay up all night anyway. The main highlight of the Festival comes just before sunrise, when several Kitsusagi act out a traditional play of sorts. One Kitsu will represent the dying year, with a mask and costume of a darker theme. Another Kitsu represents the new year, in bright sun-themed colors. In larger towns and cities, the two main players might be accompanied by attendants in similar-themed masks and costumes but this is not always the case. Sometimes the play is even performed by companies of Bards and include scenery and magical effects and lighting.

This year, we follow the Festival of Gatekeeper's Grove, a not so small town located on the central plains of Athas that still retains a small town "feel". Most everyone knows everyone else, and all the residents are looking forward to this year's party. Food has been bought or donated, the town hall has been decorated and the day of the Festival is approaching fast.

------------------

This meta story/cyoa will consist of several short little story bits with a small prompt for each one that you will need to reply to. Some prompts may include a choice to be made between two paths! The RP responses do not have to be long at all so don't feel intimidated! It's completely fine to just reply with a sentence or two. You'll have some time to reply to each prompt, usually at least 24 hours, maybe more. Feel free to RP among yourselves in between prompts if wanted!

Some prompts or choices will enter you to win a prize for that prompt/choice as well as getting you one ticket for the final two prizes of the story! Prizes will be revealed as the story progresses. Since these are surprises, you may choose to pass on a prize if you decide you do not want it. The prize will then be re-rolled.

Also, you may only win one prize related to a prompt or choice - so after you win one, you may still play for the final prizes (as these can be won by anyone!) but you will be taken out of the list for the other prompt/choice prizes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:47 pm
gaia_angelright

Rules

• Please follow all shop rules
  • This is an RP event, so please try your best to RP! Posts do not have to be super long, but try to do more than a sentence or two
  • Please try to keep up with the main events going on, and have your Kitsu reacting to them, even if they are RPing sort of privately with another Kitsu at the time. I'll do my best not to have events move too quickly so that everyone can keep up
  • Watch for posts from this mule, as those will contain the mentioned main events, as well as any Kitsusagi prizes, and how to win them
  • Yes! There will be prizes scattered throughout the Festival RP. It's a little bit like a "choose your own adventure" but there may be different things to do to win each prize
  • You are free to pass on a prize if you wish
  • More may be added

Kitsu Events
Crew

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:49 am
As you approach the doors of the hall where the Festival is to be held, you see other Kitsu going in ahead of you, everyone in costumes and masks - some more elaborate than others. Most seem to be entering with friends, or loved ones. There are families, couples, and groups milling about outside and you can see more just inside the doors.

Prompt 1:
What does your costume and mask look like? Describe it to me!

((You will have until 1/4/2020 @ 1:30pm CST to reply to this prompt - just a little over 48 hours. Feel free to also RP among yourselves in this time as well!!))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:02 am
Cassandra has gussied up with white drapery and golden jewelry. Her mask is golden with white feathers and clear glass stones.

Amber and Hamoon follow behind her. Amber in a nice mask with a curling pattern across it. Hamoon is wearing a simple domino mask, not thrilled to be there but wanting to stay with the group.  

Abeno Seimei
Vice Captain

Magical Girl

8,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:02 am
Calabrza arrived at the ball wearing a bright red cape and a mask of red and white with fangs on the bottom of the mask, making himself look like a masked vampire creature. His dad was really spooky and so was his mom though he didn't see her often because she wasn't very healthy. He considered wearing a fairy or butterfly costume but it just didn't seem to fit who he was so vampire costume it was.

Diamond Ace grinned as she arrived at the ball dressed as a knight. She had a soft leather back piece that was painted silver so it looked like armor and a face mask made to look like an armor helmet almost painted silver and made of soft leather. She was excited this was the first party she had ever gone to and she was looking forward to everything.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:45 am
Nebula wasn't sure of this party thing, the most partying he ever did was whatever family event that was put on on the spur of the moment, but his parents thought it might be nice for him to go and he wasn't completely against the idea but he was a little scared and shy as he didn't even have a sibling to help "protect" him. Before going in he looked down at the black slik montsuki his mother made for him and sighed, he felt like a show pony, but it was a masquerade party so dressing up was key.

Sakura smiled at him and kissed his cheek "this is where I leave you, your father and I have a date tonight" the pale pink anthro said as she placed a kiss on the top of his head and placed a mask upon his face "you look great!" She said as she gave him a hug "good luck sweetheart, I love you" she said as she turned to leave.

Nebula smiled softly as he watched his mother go "have fun and thank you!" he called as he took a deep breath and let it out before walking into the party.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:56 pm
(Since you guys said any kit can join...)

Sheogorath moved through the throng of attendees with a rather sprightly prancing for someone his age. Or someone who looked his age. Age was a very relative thing, after all. Silly mortals, trying to measure time.

He wore a slightly more traditional harlequin outfit than his usual attire, complete with jester's cap, and a mask that was themed after the faces of drama; laughing comedy on one side, tearful tragedy on the other. His Wabbacane was still a Wabbacane, though. It had more faces on it, so it still technically fit the theme, or so he felt. And if he felt something, it was correct!

Was he here to participate in the festivities directly or simply watch for an opportunity to incite a bit of mischief? He wasn't quite sure. Maybe he'd just see when he got there. Decisions were so much more entertaining on the spur of the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:34 am
All of your costumes and masks sound lovely! And it seems that one of you has caught the attention of an elegant-looking Kitsu, who approaches you and starts up a conversation.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(Winner to be rolled on Discord)  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:37 am
Getting closer to the doors, you notice something a bit odd. There's one Kitsu who is just standing by themselves off to the side. Where most everyone else seems to be with friends or family or at least appears to be waiting for someone... this Kitsu is not. They look a little sad, perhaps a little grumpy. What could be the issue here?

Prompt 2 - A Choice:
Please choose one and write a short RP describing what you do...
Choice A: Not your problem really... keep on walking and head inside.
Choice B: Stop to talk to the Kitsu that is alone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:10 pm
Choice B: Stop to talk to the Kitsu that is alone.

Diamond Ace smiled and went over to the lone kitsu she didn't know anyone here anyway and she didn't have any friends or family in this area so she understood what it was like to be alone. "Hey, I'm Diamond Ace what's your name?" She asked in a friendly tone.

--------------------
(Technically doing Choice A but dosen't need to be count just rping Calabrza for the fun of it)

Calabrza noticed the lone kitsu but he decided not to go over since it appeared that another kitsu and perhaps many others would be going over there already. Besides, sometimes a kitsu just wanted to be left alone and not bothered.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:09 pm
Nebula had just gotten through the door when he caught a lone Kitsu out the corner of his eye and wandered over to see what was up, he may have come alone but no one wanted to go with him and he didn't mind about going to things on his own but everyone else either had someone or was waiting for someone so this Kitsu seemed a little out of place. "Hi, I'm Nebula, what's your name and may I ask why you are alone?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:17 am
Choice B:

Well, he never could leave the bothered looking ones well enough alone. They were usually the easiest to drive just a tiny bit insane. Or a lot of bits. Depended on the person really. And a small crowd already seemed to be forming around them, which sounded like it might be just the smallest percentage more entertaining than the lovely blue kit that had come to chat with him. But only a smidge.

Not that it stopped him from walking straight over and practically shoving his hand in the lone kitsu's face for a handshake. Pawshake? What DID you call that gesture in one of these little furry bodies? Did they even do that here? Did he actually care? Well he knew the answer to the last one, at least, and that was no.

"Greetings, mortal! Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness, pleasure to meet you! Although I suppose I'm not a daedra here. And also mortal. How do you stand these frail little bodies? The fur is nice but I'm not sure it's really a decent exchange. But that's alright, I like you anyway. I'll even let you call me Uncle Sheo!"

He paused and pointed at one of the others that had approached the loaner, completely at random. "But not you! You still have to call me Sheogorath. I'm keeping my eye on you."

(Hello yes he is insane, have fun.)  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:06 am
For those who picked Choice A...
You proceed on into the building, leaving the stranger alone outside. Inside the room is a riot of color, decorations and costumes both threatening to overwhelm your senses for a moment. But you catch your breath and enter the crowds eagerly, heading for the tables laden with food and drink.

For those who picked Choice B...
You stop, turning against the flow of traffic, to talk to the lone Kitsu. As you ask them why they are alone, they scowl at you and reply, "Is that really any of your business? What if I want to be alone right now?" But you are unconvinced! You persist in talking to them until you manage to cheer them up a bit, and surprisingly, they actually agree to accompany you for the evening.
Inside the room is a riot of color, decorations and costumes both threatening to overwhelm your senses for a moment. But you catch your breath and enter the crowds eagerly, heading for the tables laden with food and drink.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(Compiling list and rolling winner on Discord shortly!)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:07 am
All of the food and drinks look so good, you're not sure what to choose. But eventually you make yourself a plate and head over to one side to snack a bit, watching the crowds. There are all sorts of costumes around you, ranging from simple half-masks to elaborate creations that almost completely hide the Kitsu underneath them. Music plays in the background and there is a dance floor slowly filling up as the night goes on. You finish up eating and then think about what you should do next...

Prompt 3 - A Choice:
Please choose one and write a short RP describing what you do...
Choice A: Head for that dance floor!
Choice B: Sit and watch the crowds a bit longer.

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:20 pm
Choice: B

Nebula stood by the food, sure he wasn't hungry anymore but he was by the food just in case he wanted to pick over what was there and considering there were many there he decided that he would Kitsu watch a little longer, see who is about, maybe he could leave tonight with a new friend or something a little more fun for the rest of the night or both.  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff