Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:39 am

User Image
This handsome gent is a member of the Swamp Lurkers, an I/T pack that can be found here.

Event Start: Open
Event End Date: April 26th, 11:59PM EST

Colored By: Pandorus Sphinx

Rules
1. He must remain in the pack unless it disbands.
2. There are two contests, you may only win one wolf between them.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 am
Form

Something to note:
He is one of three Betas in the pack, in charge of overseeing a portion of the pack's territory. He will have wolves who answer to him instead of other betas, and is trusted with taking care of the area and wolves within it.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Inspiration:[/b] this can be anything, a song, an image, your thought process for coming up with his name

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:59 am
Name: Black Lagoon
Inspiration: It may be more jungle than swamp, but I feel as though it captures that 'lurker' aspect nicely!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:03 pm
Name: Mossed Cypress
Inspiration:

"Taxodium distichum is a deciduous conifer in the family Cupressaceae. It is native to the southeastern United States. Hardy and tough, this tree adapts to a wide range of soil types, whether wet, dry, or swampy. It is noted for the russet-red fall color of its lacy needles" (in reference to the bald cypress)

Plant and animal communities that develop and adapt to these ... its type, a wetland may be filled mostly with trees, grasses, shrubs, or moss. (in reference to moss)

If something is mossed, it becomes covered in moss. --> his name literally translates to "the cypress is covered in moss"  

xKOVAKtheWOLFx

Trash

Bittersweet Candies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:56 pm
Name: Weathered Alder
Inspiration: His coloring definitely reminds me of a tree trunk, and the stripes could be compared to marks in bark over time. Alder is a type of tree that I think has a nice ring to it, and isn't a tree most people think of right away so it's a bit less common!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:23 pm
Name: Shrek....kidding how about Mire Wyrm
Inspiration: This dragon. I play DnD a lot and the green dragons reside in swamps and will often get into territory wars when their biome bleeds into others. Dragons are protective, strong and naturally can carry a leader role. More is also an antynom for swamp. A Wrym is a breed of dragon.  

Doc Goth

Feral Fatcat

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:18 pm
Name: Snake Eyes
Inspiration: His eyes are such a striking shade of green, they make me think of a particular snake, I think it might be a python?! And the way they seem to stand out so much from his darker fur!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:25 pm
Name: Peat
Inspiration: Peat Moss!
His green dye made me think of patches of moss in a swamp

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

LadyPipen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:07 am
Name: Pond Scum
Inspiration: Pond Scum - it's not a pleasant thing to look at, it's not liked by most, as it looks unpleasant and grows everywhere where there's stagnant water. It may suffocate the life that exists under it- the fish- but it thrives, and in and of itself is a nutrient-dense food that's high in protein and vitamins- in short, it's very good for you. It's a name that might not be pretty, but it thrives easily and is beneficial to those who rely on it whether it's acknowledged for the fact or is cursed with a disgusting reputation.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:17 am
Name: Crocodile Claw
Inspiration:
Crocs are known for the way they lurk underwater, waiting to ambush their prey. Seemed like a good fit!  

Owlsomniac

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:48 pm
Name: Deadwood
Inspiration: Trees die, they fall, join the earth, contribute to the life cycle  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:22 am
Name: Bloodwood Bruin (or Bear if Bruin is not allowed)

Inspiration: It took a while, but I did some research and I ended up deciding... I wanted his name to encompass him as beta; big and strong, but prickly and difficult to work with. Bloodwood has a Janka Hardness rating of 2,900lbf; this is a universal rating "which measures the force required to drive a .444 inch steel ball into the wood until half the diameter of the ball is embedded in the wood". So 2,900 is pretty high up there; for reference, the hardest mahogany rates at 2,400. As it were, bloodwood is also deep red'ish-brown in color, which fits this boy's coloration quite well. It is a durable wood, resistant to insect attack, but also difficult to work with. It will blunt cutters and will often splinter before it allows anyone to shape it into anything else. I added the bruin onto the end to really encompass how big and lumbering this beta is. He was the largest in his litter and his massive size only continued on into adulthood.  

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:36 pm
Name: Bog Breather
Inspiration: "Bog" is another name for a swampy area. Bog got his name because, out of all the wolves, he seems to have an easier time than any below the surface of the muddy waters of the bog. He is an adept fisherman with his thick, sharp teeth, and gained renown for his prowess in the swamplands.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:48 pm
Name: Silent Bark
Inspiration: So his fur reminds me of the bark of a tree. At the same time, bark is a sound canines make. He knows his way around the swamp and has a light footfall, lending to the "Silent" part of his name. When he wants to, his actual bark can boom through the woods, but he knows when to use his voice. So basically his name has a double meaning.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:28 pm
Name: Murk Root
Inspiration: Murk: his coat reminds me of water thick with sediment, whose depths can hide nearly anything. It may be a comfort, it may be hazardous... Overall, it is unknown. Perhaps this part of his name is meant somewhat as a reference to the pack's mystery to outsiders.
Root: his markings kind of remind me of roots, roots are some of the more prominent features that strike me when looking at trees in a swamp, and if he is a beta, then he could be considered one of the "roots" of the pack, a part of it that helps to support the rest.
*supplemental picture from google*  
[OOC] Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces