Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Swamped... in new experiences!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The first time she'd come near the Bahari and Kizi prides, Meera hadn't wandered down this way and as such, she had no idea these swamps were even here. Not that she really knew that they were called "swamps" in the first place. It sort of reminded her of the marshes of the Suzat, actually, but.... different. Very different.

The hybrid was making her way back to the beach, in the hopes of maybe seeing the place again now that it was a different season, but... it seemed like things were tense around here now. So she was keeping to the outside of both lands for the time being. No reason to stir up trouble, she figured.

It worked out, anyway. She got to see this place!

Playfully hopping up and down, the cheeton giggled as she sent splashes of water everywhere, soaking her fur and making the scarf around her neck damp. She'd at least had the forethought to twist her bag up on her shoulders, but everything else was fair game.

Zingling

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm
Yudu had been watching the little cheeton playfully splash about in the swampy area for a while now. She most certainly seemed cheerful, however, maybe a bit lost? Most that passed through knew where the artists and other swamp dwellers had been. Continuing to watch her, Yudu decided that no, she hadn’t been lost… she was just a wanderer. Someone perhaps perfect for Seiki to meet… would she stay for a bit?

“Ah… miss?” The east African crowned crane poked his head out of the tall grasses when he had been standing in. Unbeknownst to him, Seiki had been pulling grasses from behind and was within earshot. “I am Yudu, one of the many creatures living here in the swamplands… Are you passing through or looking for something?” He looked at all the items she was carrying and came to realize that maybe she would be interested in trading something with Seiki or another group member.

Becoming curious, Seiki wandered over and stepped beside the crane, raising a brow at him. His mouth was full of grass, so he couldn’t speak but he could now see what was fully going on. A messy cheeton had wandered into the area. She had a satchel and other wares around her body. Was she by chance a trader? Attempting a grin at the strange, it caused the grass in his mouth to just tilt upwards, giving the starry-pelted lion an almost comical image.

“Uh…” Yudu shook his head and covered his face in embarrassment for his friend. “…And this is Seiki…” Yudu spoke dryly as he moved his wing away from his face and tapped Seiki, glancing at the mound of grass in his mouth then up at Seiki’s eyes.

MangoMeow

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am
Her head popped up as someone spoke up, and then, seeing that it was a crane, she smiled brightly. Oh, she had never had a conversation with one before! Actually, she couldn't remember if she had ever met any birds. Most of them steered clear of her because of the whole, you know... predator thing.

"Oh, no, I'm not looking for anything in particular." She hopped closer to him- or, actually, them, she noted as he introduced his companion as well.

Giving them both a nod of greeting, the cheeton continued, "I'm Meera! Traveler extraordinaire~" It was said with a flamboyant wave of her paw, before she dissolved into giggles. "I actually just came to visit the nearby prides, but then I ran into this place and I don't remember seeing it before."

She paused, "You said these were... swamplands? I don't think I've ever been to one before."

Zingling

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:33 pm
Seiki beamed as Yudu continued to shake his head, it had been several days since anyone had visited the area and he was more than happy to meet someone so Jovial. However, he had already forgotten her name… Dropping the freshly pulled grass to the ground, Seiki nodded a greeting back and looked to Yudu who could already tell what Seiki wanted.

Using his talons, the crane scratched the cheeton’s name into the ground and huffed a sigh. “Seiki.” A taloned foot tapped on the ground gaining the starry artists attention. Seiki’s cerulean eyes studied the name for a few moments. “Meera?” Looking at the cheeton he studied her features. She was so unique to him! The artist had never met a cheeton before, nor had he met someone as jovial as she seemed to be. If he was honest, it was an attractive a feature.

“Why don’t you come with us and visit the rest of the swamplands then, Meera?” Seiki made a gesture at the lands around him. “I promise there is a whole lot more to see further in. Perhaps you could tell me about your journeys and what is going on in the prides near here.” Yudu was closely watching the two converse, fluffing with pride as Seiki reached out to the cheeton and attempted to show her around.

“It really has been awhile since we have had visitors from the nearby prides…” Yudu mused and looked to Seiki and Meera. “What could those two silly prides be having issues with now?” Huffing, the crane shook his head and wandered into the reeds leaving the two felines together.

Seiki watched his friend wander off quizzically, “…Well…” Looking at Meera, the artist couldn’t help but smirk. “That was odd… but I am still happy to give you a tour.”

MangoMeow

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:52 am
She watched the interaction with a smile, head tilted curiously as she watched the crane draw something on the ground. She had never been taught about writing before (drawing, sure, but never actual writing), and thus was mostly intrigued at the action. What a funny picture.

Then Meera shook her head and popped back up as Seiki spoke, "Oh, I'd love to have a tour!" If there was anything better than exploring a new place, it was making a new friend while doing so. Plus, the locals always had the best stories and knew the land like the back of their paws. "Do these lands have a name, or are they just... a swamp?"

The cheeton glanced around her with a hum, continuing, "I wish I could say for sure what was happening with them. I don't know what caused it, but there's a lot of guards on the Bahari borders, the Kizi aren't allowed near them, and while I don't think anyone would stop me from entering, I'd prefer not to step on any toes."

She clucked her tongue, "I'll probably try again later, when things have calmed down again."

Zingling

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:47 am
MangoMeow

Raising a brow, Seiki simply smiled at Meera when she had questioned what the name of the lands was, “I like to call it home.” Winking at the cheeton Seiki looked down at the grass he had placed on the ground in front of him. “First stop will be my work place, I need to drop off the grass I picked.” The artist dipped his head down and pulled the grasses back up into his mouth before straightening out.

He again looked like some sort of idiot, the long strands of grass had gotten a bit wet and muddy, making them sag in his mouth like an unfortunate chew toy. Nodding towards a well-worn path, Seiki started to press forward, taking care to listen to the cheeton as he moved.

Seiki had met someone from the Bahari a long time ago and even enjoy the evening with her, so hearing Meera speak of them as though they were fight or getting ready for war really had him upset. Making a mental note to send a flying creature to the pride, Seiki pushed past the last bit of grasses and towards his den and workshop.

Shuffling forward quickly, the lion dropped the wet grasses onto a dried clay surface¬¬ and turned back to his companion. Beaming at her, Seiki waved a paw across the land, inviting Meera’s eyes to follow.

“This my friend is the swamps, my home!”

There were several little wind chimes outside Seiki’s den, clay pots, broken glass, bones, skulls, dyes and cloths littered about the area. Little glass, bone and wood wind chimes jingled about as a soft breeze made them clink together, inviting the cheeton to take another look. The home was both cluttered and appealing, dried meat tucked in a corner closest to his sleeping quarters. A small mouse was nibbling at a piece of gain left for it by Seiki.

“What do you think, isn’t it charming?”  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:31 pm
Meera couldn't help the giggle at the comment, then again as he grabbed his belongings once more and was left with a goofy face. She supposed that was fair -- not everywhere needed a name, and perhaps that's what gave this place it's charm. The locals saw no reason to call it anything, nor claim it as their lands alone. She could respect that.

She followed with the eye of someone who was as fascinated by the journey as she was by the destination, though for the most part, kept her questions to herself.... for now.

Then, as he announced approached what had to be his home and turned to introduce it to her, she gave back a wide grin. "It is! I love it!" And truly, she did. As someone who had never made an actual den for herself to return to, it was always nice to see someone else's place of living. And what a charming little place, it was! Her tail swished excitedly behind her as she moved to get a closer look at the wind chimes.

"How long have you lived here?" she asked curiously.

Zingling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:49 am
Seiki brimmed with excitement at Meera’s genuine fascination for his home. It made the lion bubble over with joy, causing him to bob back and forth on his feet. If there was one thing to be said about the artist, it was his openness towards others. Seiki was far from the type to keep a poker face, especially when he was feeling something such as joy.

“Oh I am so very happy to hear you say that!” Nearly bouncing over to the cheeton, Seiki stood beside her to look at his home from her perspective. To him the place looked extremely welcoming to visitors, all his wares were of high quality and preserved as best he could. As Meera peered at one of the wind chimes he had set up, he felt his heart flutter, she had seemed to be taking a liking to his work.

“They dance and clank together when the wind blows by, making music!” Moving closer, he tapped one of the glass and bone chimes, sending it spinning and clanking together. “I love it.” Taking a second to appreciate the song created by the chime, Seiki almost didn’t catch Meera’s next question, however it had registered causing him to frown slightly before he covered it with a quick, gentle smile.

“I think I have been here for several seasons… I can’t be sure.” Seiki hated being unable to really explain himself, but he truly had no idea. One day he remembered wandering in a younger body, the next he was here being cared for by Raaisel and Kivati. They had told them a head injury caused him to blackout and nearly die.

MangoMeow

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:10 am
Her ears perked up at the description of the wind chime. She had never come across something like this before -- how fascinating! When he tapped one of them and sent them all spinning together, Meera watched with wide, starry eyes, already enamored with it after only a few seconds of hearing it.

She was so into listening that she almost missed his reply to her question, but once she zoned back to their conversation, she did register the slight pause. The cheeton glanced over at him, observing him for a moment, and then decided to change the subject. Oh, she hoped she hadn't brought up a sore topic.

Meera hummed thoughtfully before turning her head fully towards him with a grin, "I'd love to see more, if that's alright!"

Zingling

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:13 am
Appreciating the Cheetons empathy towards the subject of his home, Seiki nodded and beamed back at her before wandering towards the entrance of his den, smacking the entire tree branch that wielded all the wind chimes. Each was sent into a song that would alert the other swamp dwellers of a stranger’s presence. “I will gladly show you as much as I can! Come with me and I will take you on a tour of my studio. Once I get a reply from Kivati and Raaisel, I am sure I can show you their homes and the surrounding areas. Perhaps you...” Seiki stopped his sentence as he studied her.

She was a traveler and would surely be on her way again before too long. Sighing, Seiki shook his head. “Never mind that, but there are areas for travelers and traders to rest if you would like to stay for a small amount of time. I teach others how to design and craft when requested.”

It was small, but there was a hope that maybe Meera would stay with him at least for a small amount of time. With the trio of traders missing, his home had gotten a little quiet to say the least.

MangoMeow
-Feel free to start wrapping this up. I am happy to have another RP between them, maybe with them meeting the swamp witch Kivati or the healer Raaisel. -

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:19 pm
She was immediately distracted when all the chimes went off, joy breaking out over her face as she gushed over the pretty sounds around her. Oh, she wanted to see how to make one too! Maybe she could ask him later.

But for now, the talks of more to see left her giddily jumping to her feet. "I'd like that! I like to travel, but I certainly wouldn't mind staying for a spell to learn more of this place." She always loved it when the locals allowed her to do so. Only a few were willing to let a stranger learn of their ways, so she usually had to glean from the outside.

She perked up as he mentioned teaching, hopping from one foot to the other to get closer to him, "Maybe you can teach me something too?" She grinned, "If you want." The cheeton spun around then, "But we should get going with more of the tour first, huh? So where to next?" Then she started trotting back outside, ready to see what else was here.

Zingling
I'm good with wrapping it up. : D This spot sound about good?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:28 pm
Seiki felt a small fluttering in his heart as he watched Meera’s beamed. It seemed his companion was rather excitable, which was honestly a favorable trait to have. “Well, once we are done touring the area some more I will take you to one of the nicer dens and I’d be happy to teach you how to craft something.” Winking at her, he followed the cheeton outside his den and into the bright light of day. The wind chimes were still dancing and singing, some even splashing colored lights across the lands, it was here that he paused and listened.

A clanking of wood against wood could be heard in the distance, the chimes of Kivati, the swamp witch were calling back to him. Blue eyes opened and glanced at Meera, how would she feel about Kivati, he wondered. Contemplating ignoring the call, Seiki twitched his nose and frowned. Kivati was a bit strange, but also part of the group of residence living in the lands, nodding his head Seiki directed his motion towards the witch’s lair.

“Looks like we will be meeting with Kivati first… Make sure to take care where you step, not all creatures are friendly where she lives.” His voice was stern then, his hope in using tone to amplify the need to watch out. There had been a couple cases of wanderers becoming a crocodile’s next meal… or wandering too far and getting stuck in muck.

Taking another few steps forward, Seiki smiled politely at Meera before continuing forward through some tall grasses. He’d have to be on the lookout for any flowers the witch enjoyed, it was at this point almost tradition to never meet her without something in tow.

MangoMeow
[FIN]

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out