Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:55 pm
Wolfe Garm

Rex was waiting at the docks for the next ship to come in. All the ships were protected from attack thanks to some well-planned spells, but this one was special for Rex. He'd known the captain for a very long time.

Still, he couldn't help but be worried about Cassius since he had no idea what had happened and he was afraid to send any of the village kids to find out...

He gave a heavy sigh and looked back out over the ocean, able to see the lights of the ship in the distance. That had been a gift to his friend from Sebastet, one that his friend had appreciated a great deal....

And it was coming in today.

But he couldn't help his distraction today...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:05 pm
Red Gypsy

The ship slowly came into port and arrived as planned, the captain of such a fine ship wasn’t about to mess around especially with such a precious package onboard, and someone waiting back home who would be more than upset if this cargo was lost. The crew aboard the ship worked around the clock until they arrived at the port of Vampire Island. Once the boarding plank was lowered a man wearing a finely made pirate outfit with a rather extremely long feather poking out of his hat walked down the plank as the crew started working on getting the cargo offloaded.

Wolfgang saw Rex standing there and simply chuckled “don’t look so down mate” Rex looked at Wolfgang and smiled “well hard to be with everything that’s been happening as of late” Wolfgang shifted slightly as he placed a hand on his shoulder and continued walking down the docks “what’s been happening?” Rex looking worried replied “well there’s been quite a noise down the way of Cassius shoppe, haven’t dared to send any of the kids that way to see what’s happened, and no words has come from that way to let us know if everyone’s alright” Wolfgang smiled and pointing back towards the ship “well I can find out for ye, I’ve got orders from the missus to make sure those goods arrive at Cassius place in one piece so I can let ya know once I go see him” Rex smiled relieved someone was going over there and replied “that would be most appreciative, speaking of which how’s that wife of yours doing” Wolfgang bellowed in laughter and replied “she’s fine, just fine couldn’t be more happy about her, she takes good care of me when I’m home and worries plenty when I’m gone that coming home is all so worth it when I see her again” Rex couldn’t help but shake his head and watched as the last of the cargo was offloaded and a few of the crew collected the packages that were supposed to go to Cassius and handed them off to Wolfgang to take to Cassius personally. At that he left and made his way through the village stopping here and there to say hello to a few people who saw him and then continued on his way.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:40 pm
Red Gypsy

Desmond followed Varos back to the ship, both silent as they moved, Desmonds eyes watching Varos as he walked ahead of him leading the way back to the ship of his and spoke up suddenly “what’s on your mind Desmond?” Desmond sighed lightly and replied “just wondering how you got out so easily” Varos stopped suddenly to turn slightly and looked at him “who says it was easy” Desmond shrugged and replied “well everyone thought you were dead, and yet to still breathe” Desmond grinned and replied “yeah well I had a little help getting out, but most of all I had to make it look like I had died and make sure that nothing but ashes remained” Desmond was confused but before he could inquire Varos resumed walking shaking his head. Desmond watched him a moment before he continued walking.

After a while they both arrived at the docks, the only ship docked was Varos’ pirate ship which was something to be amazed by, the craftsmanship of the hull was topnotch and the crew hanging around on deck and on the docks loyal to him fully, the first mate stepped forward as they approached and spoke up “cargo’s loaded cap’n” he paused to look at Desmond and thumbed in his direction “wes taken passengers as well cap’n?” Varos grinned and replied “yes make sure the guest quarters are prepared for two we’re bringing two back with us” the first mate looked around a moment confused “where’s the second?” Varos placed as hand on his shoulder as he passed by “she’ll be along shortly along with additional cargo” “aye cap’n we’ll be ready” Desmond nodded at the first mate and followed Varos aboard the ship the crew were doing their usual duties cleaning, making sure everything is at it’s best condition, Varos walked over up to the second deck where the steering wheel was, Desmond followed him and once up there with him simply leaned up against the rail and spoke up “so this is your ship, I’d have never thought it was possible for you to get a ship much less a crew” Varos bellowed a hearty laugh and after a moment composed himself “oh that wasn’t hard to do” he pointed at the mark on him and replied “it pays to have a mate whose able to acquire things easily, plus it was a way for me to get around when things needed doing outside the club” that peeked his interest immediately “what club?” was all Desmond said and got a look in his direction from Varos which left him in disbelief “that club how?” Varos laughed again and replied “that is a long story but sufficed to say this pirate uniform isn’t the only set of clothes I wear, have to take these off before I go into the club else I have my mate to deal with” Varos laughed some more at Desmond expression of disbelief.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:53 pm
Wolfe Garm

Bast finally walked up the gangplank onto the ship and smiled when most of the crew called out to her. She even got a hug from the first mate who called her the Gatita Negra, or 'black kitten'. It was from the nickname that Varos had given her. The crew had taken her on as a kind of mascot while they'd been transporting her from the British Isles to Sebastet's island.

She laughed at the nickname and gestured behind her, "Got some luggage, guys. Get it stowed for me and my Mate?" she requested, then dealt with alot of shocked looks that made her grin even more.

She simply moved on up to put an arm around Desmond's waist and winked at Varos, "Don't let him fool you... Aunt Cassarria designed that outfit for him and she finds it so sexy that if he doesn't change out of it before he goes home, she jumps him as soon as he opens the door... The ship was a gift from Sebastet when he decided to disappear. Gave him a job to do and kept him on the move. Cassarria doesn't like that part, but she loves him being a pirate," she explained to Desmond, knowing that Varos would love the teasing.

The crew eventually got over their shock and got moving, determined to get the quarters set up just right for Bast and Desmond then get the ship moving.

In truth, she'd spent about two months staying with Cassarria before she'd come to the island. Varos'd had a few other runs to make before coming to the island, so he'd put Bast with his wife for safety before bringing her here. There were a few things that had happened there that she kept tightly sealed behind deliberately set memory blocks, but otherwise the stay with Cassarria in her Club had been wonderful and was a cherished memory for her.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:57 am
red Gypsy

Varos watched Desmond’s expression and just chuckled as he replied “true enough but it makes things easier that most don’t see who I am else we have more problems than not” Desmond inquired as he wrapped an arm around Bast “such as?” Varos shot him a look and just nodded “RRT” Varos nodded and stepped passed them shouting out order to get the ship ready to leave, leaving Desmond to follow Bast to their room which was nice when he saw it.

After some time, the ship left port without any issues, Varos’ crew was the best which made for an easier time than not. The ship glided through the water like a dream the island moving further and further away gaining speed as it moved effortlessly through the water. Below Desmond was amazed by how comfortable the room was that they were using, was expecting it considering what RRT has used in the past as well as everything else that he’s had to endure as a result of being moved around the globe for missions. For once this was a nice change of scenery though he did have his concerns going back to New Houston, it was one thing for varos to be around there since they thought he was dead, but for him it was a different story entirely and could pose problematic if the wrong people see him there. Especially RRT personnel who were aware of his current assignment, but not letting that worry him to much he focused on Bast as much as he could and wrapped his arms around her waist, and kissed her neck before he spoke softly into her ear “quite a nickname you have there love” he kissed her neck again and smiled as he continued to hold her.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:12 pm
Wolfe Garm

Griz walked to the harbor with Veresia still with him. He checked on the timing of the ship then decided to simply wait since it was apparently scheduled to show up today, so he moved over to one of the posts for the docks and leaned back against it with his arms crossed, making sure that no one else was within earshot.

"I went by the Inn and overheard a bit more. Apparently, the Church has hired this group to Cleanse the island. They already took out one at the castle. They hit the leathersmith and almost killed his wife. They also hit the Siren, Cassius and his mates. They injured him badly but didn't kill him, though they got his mates so they might as well have killed him... If it's the one I think it is... They have good reason to take out that Siren... He went on a bit of a bender with the Church... I've seen the price tag on him, Sebastet, the Island, and a few others... Trust me... No one else could afford to pay out for this one... Not with sending humans to do it... It has to be the Church... For more information, you'll have to talk to Sebastet," he paused there to look out over the water with a deep breath.

His features carried a pensive frown, his brown eyes carried memories that he didn't want to remember but couldn't escape, "I saw Cassius' place... These people don't care what it takes to do this... They hosed that building down without any regard for anyone else they might hit... There were kids in the street, a pregnant female in the next building, old people just a few feet away... They truly don't care one bit who they kill..." he explained then shook his head with a sound of disgust over the whole thing.

"I've seen too much of that kind of slaughter... Don't get me wrong, Demon.... I like a good fight... I thrive on it in the right circumstances... I've been the family Enforcer for most of my life so fighting doesn't faze me. Blood, guts, cuts, bites... I've pretty much seen it all... I've even had a machine gun unloaded at me..." he gave a heavy sigh and shook his head again, "And I've seen the slaughters of these idiots... I've seen pyres that took days, weeks, to burn... So..." he paused there and turned to look at her.

This time, his eyes held another quality... It wasn't memory that sharpened his gaze, it wasn't a haunted look in his beautiful brown eyes... His eyes were angry and more...

"So, for this... I'll even work with a demon..." he told her simply, a hint of a growl to his words before he swallowed it all and again looked like the gentle giant he'd been in the village, "But first, I have to settle my family at the Inn when they get here. If you want, you can ride with me back to the castle while I take the horses up there," he offered, not sure if she'd take him up on it or not.

After all, there were two other places to investigate...

Wait... There was something else...

He frowned as he tried to remember... Then his expression cleared and he gave a wry half-smile, "Oh yeah... They also went after one of the dragons... Suicidal tendencies, as I said..." he added with a shrug of one shoulder before focusing on the water again.

Whatever proverbial demons he fought on a daily basis, he'd certainly fought more than his fair share of real ones... And lived to tell about it....  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:20 am
Red Gypsy

Veresia listened to everything he had noting the slight bite every time he said demon and suspected that there likely was a story behind that but didn’t press it for the moment. Once he was done, she simply nodded and replied “interesting seems like there was more going on than I was informed when I arrived” Veresia paused when someone caught her eye, Felix was casually walking through the harbor his rifle slung on his arm as he moved through nodding an acknowledgement to Veresia and Griz as he passed his attention not focused on where he was going but rather out on the water, his eyes scanning the horizon for signs of trouble and simply moved on when nothing caught his interest. Veresia shook her head “lot more of them around since I’ve been here, came across one when I first came into town from the Realm” she looked out to the water for a moment her arms crossed as she stood there before she continued “war tends to be cruel no matter who’s fighting it, seen plenty of it myself, and not likely to change no matter who’s fighting it, all we can do is minimize the impact on those who are caught in the middle of it. The church doesn’t seem to care who they hurt and that’s obvious, the fact they attack with a force who attacks in areas like the town doesn’t care about who they hurt as long that they achieve their objectives, the legion wouldn’t let this stand if the church attacked the realm in such a manner.” Veresia stopped when a ship showed off in the distance and just pointed out to the water “looks like the ship your waiting on is here” she watched him a moment before her attention were on the ship in the distance.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:57 am
Wolfe Garm

Griz gave a simple grunt over what she had to say, not sure what he was supposed to add to it all. He'd noted Felix and simply nodded to him in return. He really only showed something positive when the ship was spotted heading in. He uncrossed his arms and stood up straight to watch the fast progress of the ship then gestured to the dock foreman, "Raise the white flag for me, the one on the highest post. I'll need Kana here to take the herd in when they're unloaded," he called out, gaining a nod as well as instant action.

"The stallion'll see that flag from anywhere on the island, thankfully. He'll want to take the herd in charge as soon as he can. He's also the only horse on the island strong enough to carry me," he commented to Veresia as they watched the ship slow down then tack in to the position for unloading.

It all took time, thankfully. Enough time for the stallion to move through the village easily then onto the dock. Griz moved to stop the stallion before he could do more than step one hoof on the wood, gently patting his arched neck, "Yeah, yeah... The rest of your girls are here... Take it easy... You'll have me and one more to take up to the castle, my friend. After we get Pops and everyone else settled at the inn... Alright?" his soft words calmed the stallion and got him to wait easily and calmly for the mares to be unloaded.

The gangplank was set in place and seven WereBears came down, followed by their luggage. The older of the group waved happily, "Griz!" he called out then paused as he noted the stallion and motioned to the first mate for the hold door to be lowered. The lead mare stepped off first, then led the others towards the stallion.

Griz patted his neck, "Okay, Kana, take them to the edge of the village like last time and let me get Pops and the others settled in. Then we'll head on up to the castle," he said simply and stepped back as the stallion did just that.

Once the horses were off the docks, everyone gave a sigh of relief and the large male stepped up to the others with a smile that showed Veresia just how good-looking Griz could be.

"Pops! Missed you, man!" he called out as he hugged the older male then shook hands with the others, "Dix, Razor, Doc, Tiny," those were the males that he shook hands with. There were two females, one with Pops that he called Widow, and one with Razor that he called Ginger. Those two he simply nodded to instead of touching them, "Come on, I got you guys set up at the Inn in town. I'll say now that you'll like the Tavern and the market. The Inn looks comfortable enough. I'll show you around right quick," he said simply then frowned a bit when the one he called Pops shook his head.

"Na, boy... We'll go on in. You get the kids up to the castle then we'll head up to talk after we get settled in. We've got some news and it's not that good. But it can wait for now," he said in a gruff voice that showed his age. He handed over a leather-bound rolled-up bundle that carried the horses papers and gestured for him to move on.

Griz took it but still frowned over it, "You're at the Sweet Sleep Inn. Innkeeper is named Taib. Anyone in town can direct you to the castle after you've rested," he offered then gave a nod for Veresia to follow him, "Missed you Pops!" was all he said as he led her after the horses.

"Come on, We'll mount up on the Path," was all he said to Veresia as they left, clearly a bit disturbed by the news.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:51 pm
Dameon Black Alt

Wolfe Garm

((Bears Exit))

Doc caught up to Tiny and Dix as they got up to the Harbormaster to ask about the arrival time of the boat they were waiting for. He hung back while they checked on dates and times, patiently waiting for them to finish.

All three of them carried the 'badass' aura about them, though they didn't rub it in anyone's face. They weren't overt about it. They just were. They were all tall, muscled, and carried plenty of tattoos. They also wore leather vests that carried the crest they'd once worn riding on motorcycles. They were still members of The Bear Den. Back in the day, no one would pick up on the fact that they were all WereBears. These days, it seemed like a club of some kind.

Once the other two were finished and approached him, Doc didn't hesitate, "We need to head over to one of the shops. It's already been attacked. Three dead, one badly injured, and the whole place hosed with bullets. You two are on repairs. I'll be checking to see if I can help the injured one," he told them simply, gaining nods from them both.

They were used to manual labor and had no problem helping where they could. They also knew that Doc couldn't help but use his skills when he could. They accepted it and him and helped him where they could.

Dix gave a small frown, "Who'd they hit?" he asked simply, crossing his arms over his chest.

Doc gave a heavy sigh before he answered, "Cassius Ansel, the Siren," he told them simply, watching as they both winced.

Now, Tiny spoke for the first time, "With the price on him, I"m not surprised. I'm also not surprised that he's still alive. He's hard to kill," he said simply, his deep voice and large size were totally different from his name. Then again, it was also fitting that someone that large was named Tiny... Somehow, it just seemed to fit him.

Doc nodded and gestured back to the village, "Let's go," he told them simply but had to pause when Dix started to growl.

"Why does Razor always play escort for Ginger and Widow? Why couldn't I go with them and he come along here?" he asked, almost whining, but not quite just yet.

Doc gave a laugh over that one and slapped him on the back, getting him moving in the process, "Because no one trusts you around Ginger. Or any female, for that matter. Except Widow. We all know you won't piss her off. But the point remains that we just don't trust you alone around any females, Dix. Just get used to it," he said with a deep laugh before leading them away and headed back towards the village.

Tiny was also chuckling over it, but paused when he caught sight of another ship coming in to port. That caused the others to pause with him as they watched the process of the ship moving up to the dock and the gangplank being put into place for the passengers to get off the ship.

Doc knew the others wanted to watch but knew that they had things to do. So he clapped them on the shoulders and turned to leave, the other two turning to follow him as they headed for the gem-carver's place.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:34 pm
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Noah stared out over the sea as the ship approached the island, lost in thought as he contemplated things. Nora was sitting nearby and keeping her eyes closed as she tried to settle her stomach, leaving her brother to silently think about their mission as she battled with seasickness. Neither had really said much during the trip to the island. They knew what their mission was, and they knew that it was exceptionally likely that they wouldn't be surviving it.

The twins were pulled back into the moment as the ship approached the dock. They allowed the other passengers to start moving off of the ship after the gangplank was put into place and then followed in order to try to blend in a bit. The human siblings did their best to look like normal refugees seeking sanctuary instead of hunters sent to the island to kill the one in charge of it.

As the twins left the boat, they took a few moments to look around and try to get their bearings. Noah quickly approached a nearby villager to ask for directions to the person they needed to see in order to ask for sanctuary. He listened as the villager explained where they would need to go and then thanked the man before moving back over to Nora. He gestured in the direction they needed to go, and the twins started walking through the village, making their way into the market as they headed towards their destination.  

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas