Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Comfort in Convos and Cuddles (Kit & Xi-Wang)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:27 pm
Quote:
”Oh, man...nothing like authentic Chinese food,” Kit sighed, hardly waiting for the steam to escape as he pushed back the lid of the styrofoam container in order to dig in. He had snatched up a piece of bok choy with a pair of chopsticks and slipped it into his mouth before considering that his guest might not have appreciated his lack of manners. Thinking again, he removed each of the containers from the plastic bags, opened them up, and set them out to allow Xi-Wang to take what he pleased.

“Sorry about that,” he apologized with a chortle, plucking a plate from his drying rack by the sink to offer the other young man. “That’s what comes of not being used to guests coming over for dinner. I forget my manners.” Once they each had plates and silverware, he grabbed glasses for each of them. “Anything you’d like to drink? Don’t think we got anything from there.”

His gaze passed over the various orders laid on the table and, upon discovering what he had been searching for, snatched up the baked barbeque pork bun. At least he didn’t require too much table etiquette for that. “Oh...hey, if you like, once you’ve filled your plate, come sit on the couch with me. It’s more comfortable and we can talk. Unless,” he was quick to add, “you prefer to finish your dinner first. Or you don’t feel like talking.”
Quote:
Shaking his head, smiling at the other, Xi-wang took the offered plate and went to loading up his own plate with a little bit of everything. “It’s ok. It just means you need to have company over more.” His mother, while growing up, had pounded the idea of manners into his head. He knew most people didn’t have such manners, not to say others were rude, but most hadn’t grown up as strictly as he had either. So he hadn’t been bothered by the other going for the food as Kit had, it was sort of amusing really. The other certainly seemed enthusiastic to be eating.

“Authentic Chinese should be the only Chinese.” At least that was his opinion, but that was because it was better and why eat Chinese food if you didn’t want actual Chinese food? “Mmm...tea, juice...either one is fine.” Reaching for some noodles on his plate, chopsticks held with his fingers, he took a bite and gave an approving sound of pleasure. It was good. Kit had picked a place he’d never ordered from, but he trusted the others judgement in what was good Chinese. That was one thing he’d found out they had in common at the blind date - Chinese food. They both liked the authentic stuff.

“I don’t mind talking and sitting on the couch with you.” Grabbing three little soup dumplings, one thing they’d both agreed to get, he headed over towards the couch to sit himself down on. “I might have grown up with proper table manners but I’ve learned that it isn’t so...normal I think.” Normal didn’t fit what he was thinking, not really, but it worked. Most people his age, and even a lot of people in general, did not have the same manners he’d grown up with or what his mother had. He had learned and adapted and changed, especially since moving out from under her roof.

“Is there anything you want to talk about in particular...or just whatever comes up?” He might as well ask, see if there was anything on the others mind. He was trying to think about the other a bit more, accommodate as much as he could.
Quote:
”Oh, I’ve had plenty of company over,” Kit answered, laughing. “Just not for dinner. And not recently.” He himself had had parents who claimed that eating standing up was eating ‘like a beggar’ and therefore had always made certain everyone was seated together properly with a multitude of other conditions set for a perfect family meal. Once he’d moved out, though, he hadn’t bothered to exercise a single one unless it suited his fancy.

The comment about authentic Chinese food was met with eager nods until he was able to swallow his mouthful and speak properly again. “That fast food stuff gives people the wrong idea about Chinese cuisine. And then they don’t know what they’re missing out on.” Deciding that juice was faster and easier to prepare, he set down his plate to grab a bottle of lychee juice from the fridge and pour them each a glass, grinning. “Hope you don’t mind this kind. It’s my favorite.”

Upon hearing that Xi-Wang was going to join him, he brought the pair of glasses over and placed them on the low coffee table in front of the couch. Then he went back for his plate loaded with food. “Normal?” Kit repeated once he had settled himself. “Oh, really? I thought it was, but maybe that’s because I was raised in a family of Eastern cultures similar to yours.” The tan teen shrugged. “I think I know what you mean, though. Proper table manners don’t seem like they’re usually practiced by people our age these days. At least not among peers.”

He side-eyed his guest at the inquiry about conversation topics and set down his plate in his lap. “Yeah, actually...I was wondering. Would it be too painful for you to tell me what happened with you and your boyfriend?” A casual hand reached for a glass of juice. “If it’s none of my business, you can definitely say so. I know it’s a pretty personal matter.”
Quote:
With the way Kit flirted with him, at least that’s what it seemed like to him at times, and the words he didn’t ask about the company the other had over, but not for dinner. Instead he focused on the others comment on Chinese food and nodded his head. “That and it’s always too greasy and oily for me...I can’t eat it well.” Not that he wanted to, not when he knew where to get good Chinese food and if need be he could cook for himself.

He’d had to learn, without his mother knowing, and he’d done just that. Asking older women at the Chinese restaurants for help, for information, he’d had to unfortunately explain his circumstances to them. They wound up giving him pity filled looks, hugs, and treated him as his mother should have. It was nice but also made him wish his mother could have been more than he was, or rather more than she had become. But it meant he wasn’t about to touch the cheap Chinese food. “I wish more people understood the stuff they get isn’t real Chinese food. It’s far from it - too bland. I learned how to cook proper Chinese food myself.” At least for him the cheap stuff was bland, he was used to heat with his food.

“Mmm, I don’t mind.” Reading over the label with a smile. “You do like foods, and drinks, most don’t go for.” At least most who didn’t grow up around it, at least it seemed that way. His classmates ate the cheap Chinese food...and likely none of them had a clue what a lychee taste like much less looked like. He also was fairly certain they, and bottled juice from them, wasn’t sold in normal markets either.

“Nope, my mother was rather proper about it. She might have given up her culture, and killed it for me, but proper table manners was a thing no matter what.”

Taking a sip from his juice he blinked once before nodding his head. Setting his glass down. “I don’t mind. I’ve already had to explain it a few times to friends...so it’s not too much for me.” Not at this point anyway. It still bothered him but it was getting better. With each time he talked about it the situation got a bit better, easier, to talk about. “I came home with flowers, which I never got to give him, he was silently sitting inthe living room with the lights down low. When I got into the kitchen he started talking. I-I guess I didn’t notice things or ask him about himself enough...get involved enough. He didn’t like that I was out at all on Valentines day - he saw me out.” Saw them at the event. Caleb had misunderstood and even when he’d tried to tell him the truth it hadn’t helped, it might have made it worse even.

“I-I remember him saying I liked to live with all different people. I can’t remember how he worded it but...but it sounded like there was another meaning to it.” And that had hurt - a lot. The up front meaning to those words ahd hurt, like he enjoyed not having a stable home. But the double meaning he was sure was there...that hurt even more. Assuming he was like that...that he was cheap or easy...that hurt a lot. “He gave me a week to move out - I left that night. He was tired of it...that I didn’t try and talk, that I didn’t notice things. I don’t know what I missed...but it’s my fault it all happened. I just guess I ended it that night - I was too wrong.”
Quote:
A high whistle communicated that Kit was impressed. “You can cook? That’s amazing. Definitely more useful as life skills than sketching. Maybe I’ll have to see if you’ll let me order something from you some time. Or, if you have the patience to work with a novice, I’d be happy to pay you for lessons to teach me. There’s an Asian market not too far from here where we could get some fresh ingredients.”

The tattooed teen was curious about what Xi-Wang meant when he’d said his mother had given up her culture, but that seemed a topic he could inquire about at a later time if Xi-Wang chose to discuss it. As it was, he was already investigating a matter that was likely none of his business. Unlike the situation regarding his mother’s culture, however, Kit thought he had some experience in this particular sort of problem.

Though Xi-Wang claimed that already having spoken so much about what had occured made it easier to go over again, Kit knew that varied with different people. With some, for example, it became more difficult to discuss with each re-telling, but hopefully, as he had said, Xi-Wang really didn’t mind. Kit’s plate was gradually relieved of its contents as he ate, listening attentively to his friend’s story.

The comment about Valentine’s day evoked an uncomfortable pang of guilt. He disliked the idea that he might have contributed to a such a significant misunderstanding. While it was possible that the same results might have occured if they hadn’t been seen, it was impossible to know for sure now. The damage had been done. Still...that didn’t mean they were beyond hope, did it? Couples often broke up and got back together again. If both parties were willing, that was.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Kit said when the other young man had finished. “But aren’t you shouldering a little too much of the blame?” His food finished, he took a large gulp from his glass and set it back down on the coffee table, turning his full attention to his guest.
Quote:
“I learned...I asked the old grandmothers at some of the Chinese restaurants. They were more than willing to help.” After he spoke to them, explained things to him, with others translating for him because back then his Chinese had been so limited and so bad. He hadn’t been able to talk to them on his own, something he could do now with a fair amount of ease. “Mmm! We could, I mean if you ever want me to cook.” Smiling at the idea. Spending time with a friend and cooking, with or just for them, was appealing to him. It would be a good way to spend time together - doing something they enjoyed.

Looking up from where he had been gathering food with is chopsticks, he took the mouthful and then shook his head. Swallowing he found his voice and gave something of a sigh. “It’s ok...it seems I was messing things up for a while. It was just...the last straw and he was tired of my mistakes. It’s ok...I-I mean if I was at fault then me not being around he can get over what I did and find someone who won’t mess up like I did...he can be happy.” Nodding his head he set his chopsticks down carefully.

“I don’t think so. The only thing Caleb didn’t do was try and start a conversation sooner….to point out what I was doing...or not doing - both really.” He answered while his right hand reached out for his own glass of juice. Taking a slow sip, lingering on purpose, he set the glass down slowly. Half drained the glass sat with him looking at it for several moments.

“I just...I didn’t know what to do I guess. I mean I guess I didn’t know how to do the dating thing and I learned that.” Shrugging a bit. “There were a few things I messed up at.” By now the exact words were forgotten but the message, the misdeeds of his...his mistakes were remembered. He knew where he’d misstepped and what he’d done wrong - what he could fix next time.
Quote:
”Huh! I’m sure they were happy to have someone who wanted to learn. That’s great that you took the initiative to ask.” His face lit at Xi-Wang’s offer to cook. “I’d love to try your cooking! And to help you cook too, of course, if you don’t think I’d get too much in the way. Always a fan of trying new things and learning from others.”

Gradually growing serious, Kit’s smile faded and he leaned forward to regard the other teen more closely. “I don’t mean to be rude,” he began, “but I think you’re looking at this from something of a one-sided point of view. For example, if he saw you with me at the Valentine’s Day event, I think he should have approached us then to find out what was going on. It sounded like he just assumed what he wanted to.

“Xi-Wang, I don’t mean to put you boyfriend - er, Caleb down, but everyone has flaws of some sort or another. You said the only one you can think of is that he didn’t start a conversation sooner, but it sounds to me that the bigger problem is that he wasn’t willing to communicate or try to listen to you. Otherwise that could have been a misunderstanding that could have easily been cleared up. Still could, in fact.” He tilted his head thoughtfully.

“A flaw you might have, on the other hand, is a bias toward Caleb. If you don’t address or acknowledge things he might have done wrong, like purposefully hurt you, then nothing will get better. I mean sure, you can take on all the blame and say it was your fault, but if you think you were doing your best, then how can anyone ask for more? Faults are a part of who we are, so if someone can’t accept you with your faults included, maybe they don’t deserve you at all.” He flourished a hand. “On the other hand, if you want to improve, you can always try asking for a second chance.”

Resting an elbow on his knee, he made a fist and leaned his chin atop his knuckles. “Say...mind me asking how many relationships you’ve been in before?”
Quote:
While some might jump to defend their ex, even though they were an ex, Xi-Wang didn’t do so. He listened to the other however, sure that Kit had far more knowledge and experience than he did. Finishing his juice, as he listened, he settled for nodding his head to most of what the other said. Shifting to move closer to the other, keeping his movement as small as he could in order to not gain attention as the other spoke. He didn’t want to distract the other.

“Mmm….” Slowly he nodded his head. “He said I loved living with other people...like I enjoyed not having a home. But it just seemed like there was another meaning to it also….one that’s dirty….” That combined with not listening to him about the blind date, and instead thinking he’d been cheating, it had hurt Xi-Wang to hear from Caleb then and it still bothered him but now it angered him more than anything. “I-I think you’re right and he didn’t listen...not just then. Before then...the start, I think, was that I didn’t move in with him as soon as he asked me out. I tried to tell him it was too soon - too fast.” And Caleb hadn’t listneed or understood. His comment about Xi-Wang loving to live with other people implied, at least to him, that the issue was him living anywhere but with Caleb. It was a problem with Caleb and communication, or accepting something he said?

“I just got some freedom...and he had just asked me out, right after meeting me...the same day. It felt too soon - too fast. To move in a week after he asks me out.” Shaking his head a bit he drew his long legs up to his chest and let his dark eyes turn onto the other male. “He said I didn’t notice anything in his life going on….that I didn’t care what went on in his life. M-maybe I didn’t but I was new to the dark mirror then, at the start of it, I’d just moved out of Romano’s and out of a motel also….I was living with Acubens.”

Puffing out a breath he pressed his face into his knees and shook his head. “I don’t think I can go back...I don’t want to. I think...I think it’s too broken. Too many problems on both sides. I can’t….I don’t want to.” The last few words spoken with a bit more strength, he was sure on this. That was a chapter which was done. There wasn’t any turning the page back to that. They’d hurt each other and both of them had issues. They couldn’t work together.

“None...none before then. I-I couldn’t…” He answered softly, lifting his head up. “I didn’t date till him.” He wasn’t ready for a lot of what had suddenly been expected...playing house. There was no ease into things.
Quote:
”Yeah...people often say things to try to hurt others when they themselves are hurting,” Kit remarked sadly. “I’m sorry you weren’t able to get through to him about what you wanted to do. But if you already told him this at the start and he seemed to be fine with you not living with him for however long you were together, then it’s his fault for not speaking up about it sooner, isn’t it?” He scratched his head. “So you’ve been living with Acubens up until you moved in with Nischal and Jason?”

Watching Xi-Wang hide his face against his knees, Kit scooted closer and drew the other young man into his lap, hugging him from behind and resting his cheek against his shoulder. “Good for you, sweetheart,” he said. “Better to know what doesn’t make you happy and move on than to keep clinging to something with false hopes. Otherwise you get stuck.”

He raised a hand to stroke the other’s hair. “It’s especially tough if it’s your first relationship. But that takes guts.” Pausing a second, he then asked, “Do you know if you ever loved him at any point?”
Quote:
That made sense though it wasn’t right, to hurt someone sel just because you were hurting? It lead to nothing but more hurt for everyone in the end. But it made sense. He hoped that was all it had been and that Caleb hadn’t meant those words, especially what he felt was implied. “I moved in with him at some point...I mean I’d been moving my stuff in slowly for a while. Every time I’d spend a day or a night more things came from Acubens home and stayed at his place. I guess...maybe he was upset I didn’t move in sooner...or thought I had?” But he hadn’t. He’d moved in when he had, he hadn’t announced that all his stuff was moved in though, but Caleb should have noticed that slowly more things had been moving in and then suddenly nothing more - right?

Yelping, and lifting his head, as he was suddenly being moved Xi-Wang’s arms came up and went about the others neck to keep from falling or anything. He hadn’t expected the sudden movement, and his change in seating. “I’ve spent too much of my life unhappy...I want to be happy now. I’m out of my home and I have a family.” It was his turn to be happy and he didn’t want to remain where he wasn’t wanted...where there was hurt. It sounded selfish but he knew it wasn’t, knew Kit would tell him as much. He just wanted to have a normal relationship...whatever that was.

“You mean to leave...takes guts?” He questioned before shaking his head. “Mayb...I don’t think it took guts though. I think I just wanted to do what he said - leave. I didn’t want him to continue to hurt and I didn’t want to hurt. It felt like I was giving up a bit but I think it was for the best.” For them both, at least he thought so now. That didn’t mean he hadn’t cried that night, hadn’t remained outside in the hallway curled up on his bags crying.

Sighing he shrugged as he laid his head on the others shoulder. “I think so...but I also don’t know if I know what love is. I mean it moved so fast...the asking out, the moving in. His parents had offered him a trip, to wherever he wanted, for graduation. He was offering to tell them CHina - for me...and to bring me. I tried to talk him out of it, I think I did, but it felt so soon. I spent more time hiding things, trying to deal with how fast things were...and then the cold shoulder…” Lifting his hands he spread them out a bit before letting them fall into his lap, in a helpless sort of move.

“I don’t think I got much time to enjoy it and just...be in a relationship. It was here and there times. I know I wanted to. I enjoyed spending time with him...I enjoyed things when they were good...I wanted it all to be like those good times.”
Quote:
His brow creased in confusion. “So...you were only halfway moved in? Like in the process of it, but wouldn’t spend every single night there? That’s why he was upset?”

Kit had wondered if Xi-Wang would push him away, hit him, or otherwise reject his forwardness, but instead he found arms about his neck. Perhaps it had only been due to the surprise of being moved and, once Xi-Wang was sure he wasn’t going to fall over, would move away. Instead, however, the slightly shorter young man gradually came to rest his head on an astonished Kit’s shoulder. Going with the flow, Kit draped his arms about Xi-Wang and loosely clasped his hands around his form.

“That’s a good goal,” he commented softly at the proclamation that the other black-haired youth wanted to be happy. “And yeah, leaving takes guts. More than just that, I think.” Looking to Xi-Wang, he pointed out, “You could have tried to smooth things over and just pretended everything was alright in order to please him and stay together. You could have tried to convince yourself that being together was the most important thing.

“But then you wouldn’t have been happy and it’s important to remember to consider your own feelings as much as the other person’s in a relationship. That’s my take on it, anyway.” A hand came up to stroke the other’s back. “You had to pick between the pain you felt right then at the idea of breaking up and the pain of continuing the charade. If you thought it was for the best to part ways, then it probably was. Seems like it’s generally a good idea to trust your instincts.”

The mention of love drew a pained smile to Kit’s lips. “Yeah...love’s a weird emotion. It can just as easily save as destroy a person. The inexperienced often mistake other feelings for it. Or sometimes people are simply in love with the idea of love rather than actually feeling the thing itself.” He shrugged.

“Sounds like you were pretty uncomfortable with his pace,” the tattooed teen remarked. “And I don’t blame you. Especially for a first relationship. But it also sounds like you think you know what might have gone wrong, so those are good things to keep in mind for the future moving forward.”

Absently taking one of Xi-Wang’s hands from his lap, he playfully pressed their palms and fingers together to compare the sizes. “I understand wanting your relationship to have good times, cupcake. No one can fault you for that,” he assured him. ”But in my opinion, you can’t have good times without the bad any more than you can have a shadow without a light. In fact, I think it’s the bad times that are the best tests for true love.” Though he wasn’t facing Xi-Wang and his expression wasn’t visible, Kit’s smile grew melancholy.
Quote:
“I think so...but no. I wasn’t fully moved in...not for a few weeks. I took my time, leaving more and more things as I spent more time. Eventually it was just all there and I was moved in.” And somehow Caleb had thought he’d moved in at the start, or something? Either way it was what seemed to have started the upset between them, which meant it had been there almost the whole time.

“I did that...I’d been feeling the cold shoulder from him for a while.” Dark eyes shifting, trying to think back on how long back that had been. “Mmm, I think before the lights in the sky. And he was short with me - when we talked. I felt like I had to tiptoe about...that I’d done something wrong but I didn’t know how to approach him, since he was being that way. I didn’t want to step out of line, I guess, and ask.” Which he supposed was where he should have spoken up but he hadn’t. But Caleb could have said something, let him know he was upset and over what.

“So I really did try and pretend for a while, at least on the outside. I think inside I knew something was wrong...I felt it. I just didn’t want to end things.” Like it would magically fix itself - how stupid of him. How could something fix itself, especially when he didn’t even know what was wrong.

“Mmm, I think I have an idea now...since I’ve experienced it. I think I’d have known anyway...but not to the degree it would bother me. But I also realized I wanted to have a relationship and I’d been letting it continue, for that reason, when I didn’t think it would work deep down…” Shrugging a bit he leaned into the others rubbing hand, it felt nice. Actually Kit was being really nice, and comfortable, and Xi-Wang was going to soak it up for as long as he could. “I’m glad it ended really...” It felt good in a way, now that time had passed. He didn’t have to keep being a dark mirror senshi a secret, which he hadn’t liked doing, and he didn’t feel like he was walking on thin ice with someone.

Shifting in the others lap, his dark eyes seeking out the others equally dark eyes. “That makes sense. Though when the dark, and bad, outweighs the good...by too much it becomes too much and breaks.” Softly he spoke as he moved his hand against the others. His own hand similar in size to the others. Long and slender fingers Xi-Wang had, actually a lot about his build in general was slender. “You’ve had a lot of relationship experience...good and bad….” That much was obvious, just by listening to the other, and perhaps a lot of bad? He wasn’t sure but the other certainly understood well.

“I guess this is where I start learning as well.” When he started to grow a bit more, mature. Experience was a good way to learn, right? So it was his chance to learn, and mistakes and bad experiences were good ways to learn. “Like you said...I know I don’t want something to move so fast.” It didn’t want what was in a romance movie either, that all felt too off ..too staged and done on purpose.
Quote:
”Ah. So he didn’t want to speak up and you were concerned about asking.” Resting his cheek against the back of Xi-Wang’s neck, he replied, “It’s natural to want to pretend everything’s alright, I think. At least to begin with. Because you never know if the problem might just be imagined or if it’ll solve itself in time.” He continued to stroke the other’s dark, smooth hair.

“Plus, you don’t want to have to break up over something that might just turn out to be trivial. If you’ve never had a relationship before, it’s easy to lose confidence, think you’re doing something wrong, and that it’s your fault if things aren’t going right.”

Pausing, he asked, “Do you know if it was his first relationship, too?” If it wasn’t, that was all the more reason for Xi-Wang to have felt insecure about his role in it. That if Caleb had more experience, then surely he, as someone lacking in it, was the one at fault. It was an easy trap to fall into. The important thing, though, was recognizing it and being aware of it for the future so as to avoid falling for it again.

Kit nodded, his cheek brushing against the other’s skin to indicate the movement of his head while he was behind and out of sight. At the mention of relationship experience, however, he was smirking again, his voice rueful. “I’ve only been in one real relationship before,” he said honestly. “And that one broke me. So I just go for flings, now.”

He lifted his head from Xi-Wang’s neck. “Maybe that makes me a whore. But it’s much easier to enjoy the pleasure from touch than to invest your heart and soul in another person. Especially when they end up stomping on them.” Ruffling the other’s hair once more, he extricated himself and stood up to throw away their trash. “Don’t be like me.” It’s such a lonely existence.

“It’s good to learn and be able to pick yourself back up. Especially from something as devastating as the loss of a first love. And if you have the strength to do it, all the better, because what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” Kit washed his hands at the sink, head low, expression inscrutable. “Want any more food, or shall I pack it away? You can take it all home with you if you like. For your friends.”
Quote:
“Mm, that sounds about right. I did wonder if I was just imagining things...since it’s the first time I’ve dated someone.” And he’d wondered if it was in his head or him being too critical...or assuming things. At a certain point though it hadn’t just been him, it couldn’t have been. It had just taken time to realize that...and then more time to realize it wouldn’t just fix itself, though he had wished it would have. Tilting his head forward a bit, offering up more of the back of his neck for Kit to lean against. Sighing softly, content, his fingers toyed with the sleeves to his top.

“Mmm, it was his first also…” But the other had certainly seemed confident in some things, or just fast paced, which he hadn’t expected or known how to handle beyond what little he’d done. It seemed like Kit understood though, more than he’d hoped anyone would, and it was reassuring knowing what he did was understandable. That he hadn’t been wrong...just lacking experience and he hadn’t been in the wrong anyway.

Sighing softly at the others almost...nuzzling, it seemed like that anyway. Reaching back to pet the others dark, curly, hair. “Mmm, feels nice.” The words spoken softly. Kit was really nice for cuddles and attention, at least in his opinion. Preparing to shift and turn around in the others lap, wanting to look the other in the face. “I wouldn’t think that about you. You were hurt...and don’t want to be again. But if you’re lonely...than why not find the right person? Someone you know won’t hurt you?” Shifting, or rather sliding from the others lap, he settled onto the couch as Kit stood up.

Watching as the other went to remove, and toss out, their trash he got up and shuffled after the other. “We can pack the food and split it between us, half to you and half to me.” Shuffling forward he let his arm arms wrap about the other, taking his turn in snuggling his face into the back of the others neck. “You should find someone Kit...you should be happy and not lonely.” The other was too good, from what he could tell at this point, for something like that.
Quote:
The tan-skinned youth shook his head. ”If he was making a fuss over it later on, doesn’t sound like you were just imaging them,” he pointed out. “And if it was also his first relationship, then it makes sense that there would be problems because he probably didn’t know how to go about a lot of things like communicating his doubts and insecurities, either. Seems like it’s a good thing you guys ended it if neither of you were happy.” If they hadn’t been comfortable enough with bringing up their issues with one another, then perhaps they just weren’t meant to be.

When he finished washing his hands, he moved to dry them off - only to find Xi-Wang with his face pressed against the back of his own neck. He felt his temperature rise and smiled softly. Raising a hand to run along the other’s arm, he chuckled a little. “You make it sound so easy...just going out and finding the right person.” Kit stood there a little while, simply indulging in the sweetness of his companion’s embrace. “You never know who will hurt you, though. Even if they don’t mean to.”

Tugging one of Xi-Wang’s arms from around, he brought the hand to his lips. “You’d better not tempt me. I’m not very good at holding back.” He turned his head to peer at the other teen over his shoulder, grinning. “Besides, we need to get this food put away.” Another kiss to the back of the hand. “And worry about your own happiness. I’ll be fine. But thanks for worrying about me. It means a lot.” Gently releasing Xi-Wang, he went to the table to start distributing the food and closing the take-away containers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:28 pm
Quote:
“Someone you already know then? Someone who isn’t the sort?” He offered up with the best shrug he could manage, as he wasn’t inclined to really move from where he was, it was the best he could offer. It wasn't easy but the other should be happy, shouldn’t everyone? Or well...at least those who didn’t go off and do really bad things, murder and such.

Lifting his head he stared at the other. “Tempt you...am I?” Not that he was trying if he was, he just wanted to offer comfort. It sort of helped that the other was comfortable to be around and was nice to cuddle...and taller than he was. There weren’t a lot of people taller than him, something he wished weren’t the case. Xi-Wang would rather lose a bit of height if he could have more people taller than himself, plus he’d be able to avoid notice easier.

Following the other, wanting to help, the dark eyed male reached for one of Kit’s hands and bringing it up he pressed a kiss to the back of it. “Let me help, since we ate together. And we can spend more time together tonight? The end of dinner doesn’t mean I have to go home yet, right?” He didn’t have anything against Avior, or Jason, but this was different than spending time with them. They both let him cuddle up to them, watch tv with them, and other various things but this was different and a different friend. Sometimes with those two he wondered if he shouldn’t wander off, get distracted in another room, and let them have time together. Here he didn’t worry about that. Here he felt comfortable and like he could just cuddle up and watch a movie with Kit and not worry.
Quote:
”Hahahaha...you really are new to the game, aren’t you, doll?” He cast him a miserable smile. “You can never completely know a person. Everyone has secrets. And even if you think you know someone, you could be friends for years and never be sure they wouldn’t be the sort. Besides, like I said - they might not even mean to hurt you. Not intentionally. And yet it still happens.”

He shrugged as he began to pack the boxes away in bags. “For example, if you fall in love with someone who would never cheat on you and they agree to go out with you, perhaps out of pity or even because they might think they’re in love with you too, it’s easy to believe that a relationship might develop and grow into real love. But suppose they end up meeting your best friend and finding out that they’re even more in love with them than they are with you. That’s not their fault, is it? You can’t help who you fall for. And no one would have been able to foresee that.” Shaking his head, he sighed. “Love is never simple. Few things are.”

Smirking at the question, Kit nodded and set aside the bags for Xi-Wang to take home. The kiss to his own hand surprised him, but he did his best to hide it. “Yes, you’re tempting me with all that affectionate physical contact. But I’ll try to behave.” He put the boxes of his own leftovers in his fridge and went to go get their glasses so he could refill them.

“Alright, if you insist. Thank you for the help. And of course you can stay, so long as your friends won’t be too worried about you.”
Quote:
Pouting at the other he puffed his cheeks up a bit at the others gentle teasing, at least he considered it gentle teasing. “Maybe I just think it’s simple because I’m too honest? I don’t really keep secrets unless I have to...like being a dark mirror senshi. That’s really it….” And only from Caleb. Caleb knew about his mother and that part of his life, and how he’d grown up. Others knew also. As much as he didn’t like his past he didn’t keep it tucked away in a dark corner, though some would think he should or that he’d want to.

“Mmmmm….you are right. But then they’d hopefully tell you they’d fallen for your friend and wanted to break up. At least they’d be honest...or you’d hope.” He knew he would. He’d learned from the time with Caleb that he did need to talk and not bottle his feelings about things up, it didn’t help things at all. “Though that would hurt really...likely both. But why date someone out of pity? Wouldn’t that hurt the person dating the other out of pity?” And why hurt yourself? Wasn’t that a bit, or a lot, stupid?

“I’m finding that out, slowly. I wish it were simpler...at least a little bit.” Though it didn’t have to be so hard it was still harder than he prefered, as he did tend to be rather lazy. He still liked to have a good lay down when he didn’t have to work or attend his classes. Somehow he managed to get his school work done and study, or maybe he didn’t, but he pulled in good grades so that was what mattered - right? The how he managed it wasn’t an issue, at least it never had been.

“You’ll have to get used to it...I’m like this with everyone, though maybe a bit more with males. It would be odd to cuddle up to a female. But Avior could tell you I’ve cuddled with him in bed...when we were stuck in space. And I tend to cling to him and Crocus a lot.” And he was just the sort who liked to cuddle, cling, and spend time with others in an affectionate manner. It wouldn’t be good for him to ever date the jealous sort...or the sort who didn’t like such affection. It would be like oil and water...polar opposites that wouldn’t, or couldn’t, mix.

“Movies then?” He asked before shaking his head. “Nope, they won’t mind. I can text them if they get worried anyway.”
Quote:
Kit laughed in a hearty, noiseless fashion once he caught sight of Xi-Wang's pouting face. "Oh, you don't keep secrets, do you?" His countenance turned wicked. “Then you won’t mind if I ask you a few questions. Like when the last time you mastrubated was.”

He continued to nod in agreement. “Yeah, they might be able to tell you. But it doesn’t change the fact that this person who you’d known and who would never have meant to hurt you in the first place would have ended up hurting you anyway. That’s why you can never be certain.” His smile turned sardonic. “If the person was good friends with the one who asked them out and didn’t want to ruin their friendship or hurt their friend’s feelings by saying no, it’s possible that they might agree to date them out of pity.

“It’s also possible that, like we said earlier, they might believe that over time, they could learn to love the other in return and the problem would fix itself. Some people don’t mind hurting themselves for the happiness of others. They might not even realize they could be hurting themselves while trying to do something for someone else.”

Once he had poured them their drinks and put the bottle back in the fridge, Kit went to go sit back down on the couch. “It would definitely be nice if everything were a little simpler,” he conceded quietly, sipping at his glass. But then he raised a brow and shifted in his seat to glance over the back of the couch toward Xi-Wang. “Why is it odd to cuddle up with a female?”

Turning back to face his television set, Kit remarked, “You can tell me to get used to it, but some things are easier said than done. I can’t help my body’s reactions.” Then, curious, he inquired, “Are you into polyamorous relationships?”

He leaned forward to pick up the remote lying on his coffee table. “Alright, then. Sure, we can watch a movie. Did you have one in mind?”
Quote:
"Mmm, not really - no." People just didn't tend to ask him a lot of things...especially that! Cheeks warming, though not as much as the tops of his ears, the teen ducked his head but he did answer. He really doubted the other would tease him or anything, plus nothing to be ashamed about - right? “A few days ago...three...four.” He couldn’t remember exactly but he knew it was one of those two. He might seem innocent, and he was pretty damn innocent, but he was still a teenager and had certain urges. He just...handled thing son his own.

He didn’t mention more on friends and hurting themself to help others. It was all rather...sad. Why would someone hurt themself to please someone else? In the long run it would just hurt both people. It made no sense to him...the hurt in the end and the drama it would likely cause. It wasn’t worth it. It wasn’t worth the feelings. Though he could understand dating someone and thinking it might turn into love, even though he was fairly certain he didn’t know what love was. But then again it could be different with each person you dated, right? It was different with friends and even among family members.

He would admit to loving his mother but he didn’t like her...he loved the little girl she’d adopted, even without knowing her, simply because she was his step sister and was a small innocent child.

Thinking things over, rolling things about in his mind, he followed after the other as he headed into the living room just behind the other. “I think it’s odd to ask a female permission to cuddle, it’s less..natural. And my mother taught me to always ask for everything from a female...and people, including the female, could think there is more to it. I wouldn’t want to lead a female on….It’s a little easier, less rules, if it’s not a female.” His mother hadn’t even wanted him near females, not really, near them but not to touch or anything. And everything was with permission or if he was given permission first, or told to do something.

“True...and I apologize if my cuddling ever bothers you. Just let me know.” And he’d do his best to refrain or stop, whatever made the other more comfortable. Settling down at the others side he didn’t ask but he did move slowly as he curled into the others side comfortably. “I’ve never thought about that...umm...why? Are you?” Curious, though at the same time trying to hide his face, he pulled his legs up under himself and pressed his face into the others shoulder and neck area. “Nothing cheesy or romantic...no comedy either. Anything else is good.”
Quote:
The wavy-haired teen’s face lit up, delighted with the other boy’s response. He whistled appreciatively. “Niiice. And how might you have done that? Do you watch porn? Read it? Listen to it? What kind? How do you touch yourself?” There was a playful glimmer in Kit’s dark eyes, but a hunger there, too. “No leaving any details out, now.”

Perfectly fine with dropping the subjects of hurt involved with love, Kit was more than happy to continue discussing their other topics. “Oh...so it has to do with how you were raised?” Running a hand through his hair, he considered this. “You don’t think you might accidentally lead on a male?”

At the concept of cuddling bothering him, the slightly taller young man snorted in amusement. “I don’t think that’s possible. I’m the sort of person who loves touch so much that I’m as happy to be punched as I am to be hugged. Pain and pleasure are all the same to me. But,” he added, looking serious a moment, “it also turns me on. And when I get like that, it’s hard to restrain myself, which was why I was trying to give you fair warning.” However, even as he spoke, Xi-Wang was already moving up against him.

Kit automatically put an arm around him. “No,” he answered to the question about polyamorous relationships. “I don’t think so. I just thought you might be since you mentioned liking to cuddle with a lot of people.” He tensed as he felt Xi-Wang’s face against his neck where he was sensitive. It tickled. “Noted. I’m putting on Treasure Planet, then.” The remote quickly allowed him to navigate through Netflix titles until he found the one he was searching for and hit play. Since it was an old movie and one he thought Xi-Wang had probably watched before, he figured the other could choose to still talk or fall asleep if he so chose.
Quote:
The other really was curious...was interested. That wasn't something he expected, though he wasn't sure what he'd expected. An interest in his sex life, or lack of, wasn't something he'd expected. he'd never had anyone ask about it...or had it ever even brought up. Had it even ever come up with Caleb? Nibbling on his bottom lip he mentally shook his head. He didn't think so, he was pretty sure infact it had never come up. They'd never had sex and he'd never touched himself around the other, otherwise it might have changed into other things....things they'd never done.

"If I watch anything the volume is off." he didn't want anyone to hear it, and he kept himself as muffled as possible, it was something he didn't' want his friends knowing. It was just something he wanted kept between himself and...well whoever he was dating, which would have been Caleb in the past. He might be talking about it here, with Kit, but that was still different than if someone actually heard him...or knew what he was watching. "Kind...if your asking what I'm attracted to I can say it's not buff or hairy men....I mean...I'd think whatever would be normal. I haven't looked at anything to..ummm...adventurous." Reaching up with one hand, to rub at the burning top of one of his ears, it really was bothersome, Xi-Wang kept his face hidden from the other. "And nothing special...I mean I don't think so..." The other wanted details...ohhh...

Biting down on his bottom lip he lifted his head at the others words. "O-oh! And n-no...I mean if I explained my mother it would make sense...but I don't think I want to talk about her along with the rest of the talk..." That would be really odd, talking about family and sex were two things which should never be talked about together - never. “I mean you are curious about how I...get off.” Those three last words were so odd to say and he wanted to hide his face again, was so close to doing so in fact, he wrapped an arm about the others waist instead.

Laying his head back down he shifted so he could answer the others question, his words a whisper just for Kit to hear. He really wasn’t a complicated person but he was someone trying to hide it from other people he was staying with, someone who didn’t spend money on things…

Adding in that he knew the difference between friends and someone he was dating. Cuddles with friends were not the same and he knew that and kept them different, in some ways. He just liked the affection with friends.
Quote:
”What? You don’t even use earphones or headsets?” Kit was obviously enjoyed the other teen’s reaction immensely. He couldn’t help but be impressed at Xi-Wang’s honesty, though, especially with someone he was just getting to know. When he saw his fair-skinned peer bite his lip, he instinctively licked his own.

“Understandable,” he said when Xi-Wang mentioned not wanting to discuss his mother in regards to their current subject matter. “Go on.”

And the slightly younger male did. It was a great deal more arousing to hear such details whispered into his ear than if it had been said aloud, though Kit doubted that had been Xi-Wang’s intention in doing so. Yet without him even noticing, his grip on the other boy’s shoulder tightened and he pulled him even closer. He worried that if he let go of that shoulder, his hand would stray elsewhere. But the feel of the arm about his own waist was costing him a great deal of his own careful composure.

Kit grit his teeth. Then, unable to help himself any longer, turned his head and leaned over. It was his turn to whisper. “That’s great, sweet cheeks. But you know what? You can’t expect everyone to have the same idea you do of the difference between cuddling with friends and cuddling with someone you’re dating. Like me - I can’t tell at all.” He stuck out his tongue to lick the inside of Xi-Wang’s ear.
Quote:
"Mmm, they can be uncomfortable at times...and they can tug since they are plugged into my laptop." Which was, at least for him, easy to understand. But really...heading headphones on was big and hard to handle when you were also pressing your face and head into a pillow. The little ones could press in too much, the earbuds, and become annoying or they could just slip right out of his ears. Neither worked. "I also like to put my own words or sounds to it." Some didn't sound nice...or it was too over the top, too fake.

He sort of expected the other to whisper back to him, it seemed like something Kit would do. He didn't know him for long, a very short time in fact, but what he did know told him it was a likely thing. So it didn't surprise him but he nodded to the others words. "Mmm, understandable." Shivering at the sudden wetness moving against the sensitive skin of his overheated ear, shifting a bit he settled himself nearly in the others lap. “Mmm, would someone need to not be so affectionate with their friends...or tell you when it’s just between friends? Assuming it would bother you if they cuddled up to friends.”
Quote:
Snickering, his hand loosened a little on Xi-Wang’s shoulder and slid slowly down his arm as his peer moved to sit almost directly between his legs. The warmth of his close proximity was driving Kit nuts.

“I’m not saying I’m an authority on how affectionate anyone should be with their friends,” he clarified in a low, hushed voice. “And I definitely don’t mind if people cuddle up to them. In fact, I do a whole lot more with my friends.” Leaning his head back, he regarded the other youth with a soft smile. “The problem is that sometimes I do with friends what you would only do with people you were dating. So everyone has a different idea of what is and isn’t appropriate.”

He inclined his head toward his lap meaningfully. “If there are any boundaries I shouldn’t be crossing, you’d better let me know right now.”
Quote:
Ohhh, well at least the other wasn’t the sort to tell a person what they could and couldn't do with friends. That was good at least. Though he sort of was and sort of wasn’t expecting the last bit. It at least set him up for knowing just what the other was sort of warning him about.

Taking a few moments to think about it...was there anything which would bother him? Well….he honestly couldn’t think of anything. It wasn’t something he ever thought about but he wasn’t dating anyone so there wasn’t that issue. Kit he also trusted and there seemed to be no reason he should have any issues with anything.

Finally he shook his head. “I - I don’t think I have any.”
Quote:
Despite Xi-Wang’s words, the taller teen faltered. He still wasn’t sure that the other knew exactly what he was getting into. The other young man had evidently only been in one romantic relationship before, one that had just dissolved, and there was no telling what state of mind he was in at the moment.

Sure, he may have seemed fine, but that didn’t mean for a fact that he was. And since a lack of communication had likely caused the death of whatever he’d had with Caleb, Kit wasn’t about to let Xi-Wang’s simple sentence count as permission for all the indecent acts racing through his dirty mind.

His hands itched to slip under cloth to slide along the warm body beneath, but he stayed them. “Xi-Wang,” he said, “have you ever done anything sexual with anyone before?”
Quote:
“No - not more than making out…” Which really didn’t count. But given the others question he knew what the other meant, hence his answer. Innocent or not, at least here, he knew what was meant and he had a bit of a clue, thankfully. He was sure he didn’t know everything the other was likely thinking, being as innocent as he was, but…

“If any limits come up I can point it out. Learning experience?” He offered up. It was, he hoped, a good answer. He needed to learn at some point what he liked and didn’t like. He hadn’t had the chance before, because for some reason nothing ever went far. It always got shut down and not typically due to him, or maybe it was but Caleb was always the one leaving or turning over. The idea of anything like that being only with the person he was dating had sort of sunk, though not too long ago, as it was a bit idealistic.

“Is there something I should know or be warned about?”
Quote:
”Mm…” This didn’t seem fair. The way Xi-Wang was talking, it sounded like he really was fine with whatever Kit wanted to do with him, but it still struck the tattooed male as underhanded. He didn’t want to take advantage of the slightly younger teen. Not if he was emotionally compromised. Not if he might regret this later.

Kit kissed the top of his companion’s head. “There are a few things, but not much more than what I already mentioned. I just wanted to make sure they were absolutely clear.” He stroked along the side of the other’s leg. “What I said before...when it comes to sexual things, I really am little more than a whore. I like to do a lot of things with different people and no strings attached.

“I’m a little concerned that, since you seem to like contact like me, you might just really want to be held and touched right now just after your break-up. But later, you might regret it. Especially if there’s nothing romantic happening between us.” He shook his head. “I don’t think I have the capacity for romance. Not anymore. So I’m no good for that and I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea. Especially if you’ve never done this stuff with anyone else.

Sighing, he explained, “The reason I say this is because a lot of people...they only want to do these sorts of things with people special to them. People they have a special bond with. I don’t want you to get hurt, Xi-Wang, especially after you just did. You might be curious now, but…” His hand left the other’s side and ran anxiously through his forest of thick hair. “I don’t want you to have any regrets because of me.”
Quote:
“You only say that because you aren’t dating the people you’re with, right?” Otherwise those things, whatever they were, weren’t the acts of a whore but just preferences, because that’s how it looked to him when listening to the other. Kit really shouldn’t call himself a whore...it wasn’t fitting, not really.

“I don’t think I’d regret it. If I did it would be on me and I’d handle it anyway. Right now...I mean what I said.” If something turned up later that was later and unforeseen, and on him. He’d handle it if it happened. “I think I’ve realized, thanks to my ex, that some things don’t need to be just with who you’re seeing. They aren’t exclusive things…” Whether that was something Caleb would like to know he’d done or not...well Xi-Wang figured Caleb wouldn’t like knowing such.

“Your caring...and thoughtful. You’re right..we aren’t dating but there is some bond here of friends I would think...and trust. I think it’s enough...I don’t see you hurting me or betraying me.” Maybe part of it was because they both were dark mirror senshi...and he knew he could count on the other in a way he couldn’t with most people. That made for a bond...or made it strong enough for him to trust the other here.

“Trust me...I’m ok. Yes, it still bothers me breaking up with him. But I’m not upset about it. I think I proved that already with what I’ve said.” He had needed to know he wasn’t wrong with his feelings, and actions, that he hadn’t been all at fault. But the hurt wasn’t there so much any more, or the want for what had been safe. He was ok.
Quote:
Kit buried his face in Xi-Wang’s hair and breathed in deeply before slowly exhaling through his nose. He put his glass of partially-drunk juice down on the coffee table and wrapped both arms about his peer, hugging him tight. “As long as you’re sure,” he murmured. “I’ll trust you to know what you’re okay with. And to tell me what you’re not.” Another peck of his lips met the side of Xi-Wang’s neck and his questing fingers found the edge of the younger man’s shirt. “Anything you want to try? That you want me to do?”
Quote:
“Mmm, I’m sure.” At Kit was going to trust him, that was good. He was new to things but he was, at least he thought so anyway, more mature than most his age. He’d sort of had to do a lot of things for himself. He wouldn’t savve he’d had to live on his own and yet he sort of had. He’d lived at schools and friends homes all in an effort to escape his actual family, at least the family he knew he had, and had needed to do a lot on his own.

“I’ll tell you.” Because that was important, for them both, to not say anything could go badly emotionally and otherwise. He didn’t want to hurt either of them so Xi-Wang knew communication was a key thing. Tilting his head a bit, offering his neck to the other further, he shook his head a bit. “There isn’t anything I can think of...but I’m open to ideas and trying things.” He really hadn’t poked around into too much so there wasn’t much he could think of. But new things he wouldn’t mind learning about.

With the other onboard Xi-Wang let his own slender digits trail over the others arms and down to Kit’s sides before moving to the others back and moving them upward he brought them down, fingers curled inward like dulled claws.
Quote:
”As you wish, angel-face.” His warm breath plumed against the exposed neck as Kit grinned and moved in for another kiss.

”Sleet Tempest Snape”
((FTB & fin.))

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out