Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Apparently today is National Popcorn Day.

Though when you work at a theater, every day is popcorn day. sweatdrop

Anyway, in honor of the occasion, I thought I would create a thread where folks can talk about the snack.

arrow How much butter do you like your popcorn - none, a little, regular amount, or "would-like-popcorn-with-your-butter"?
arrow Do you like salt on your popcorn? Have you ever tried any of the flavored salt seasonings? If so, which one is your favorite?
arrow What is your favorite "specialty" popcorn (i.e. cheddar, caramel, zebra, etc.)?
arrow Do you like to mix your popcorn with other treats (i.e. M&Ms, pretzels, Cheetos, etc.)?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:06 pm
Prof. Moonie
http://calendarholidays.xyz/uploads/National-Popcorn-Day.png

Anyway, in honor of the occasion, I thought I would create a thread where folks can talk about the snack.

arrow How much butter do you like your popcorn - none, a little, regular amount, or "would-like-popcorn-with-your-butter"?
arrow Do you like salt on your popcorn? Have you ever tried any of the flavored salt seasonings? If so, which one is your favorite?
arrow What is your favorite "specialty" popcorn (i.e. cheddar, caramel, zebra, etc.)?
arrow Do you like to mix your popcorn with other treats (i.e. M&Ms, pretzels, Cheetos, etc.)?

I like the amount of butter that is typically coined "Movie Theatre Butter". I like it drenched. emotion_omnomnom

I don't think I've tried the flavored salts, and typically the most salt I ever get is whatever is contained in the butter itself; I don't add any.

Ew, no, popcorn should just be popcorn. emotion_puke Though I do eat that Cheetos "Puff Corn" stuff from time to time.

Only other "treat" I get with popcorn is a soda pop to wash it down. Though another movie theatre favorite I've been known to consume is those Sno-Caps. 3nodding  

zentlair

Vice Captain

Dedicated Gaian

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:49 am
zentlair
Prof. Moonie

I like the amount of butter that is typically coined "Movie Theatre Butter". I like it drenched. emotion_omnomnom

I don't think I've tried the flavored salts, and typically the most salt I ever get is whatever is contained in the butter itself; I don't add any.

Ew, no, popcorn should just be popcorn. emotion_puke Though I do eat that Cheetos "Puff Corn" stuff from time to time.

Only other "treat" I get with popcorn is a soda pop to wash it down. Though another movie theatre favorite I've been known to consume is those Sno-Caps. 3nodding

At my theater, there's definitely a difference between "Movie Theatre Butter" amount and "Would-You-Like-Popcorn-With-Your-Butter". xd

Do know that some theaters don't use actual butter for their "butter". Like the butter we use at the theater I work at is actually made from coconut oil. We do add some salt when we pop the corn though.

Oh, when I say "Cheetos Popcorn," I don't mean the Puff Corn stuff. I'm talking about the new specialty popcorn that Regal offers now. It's regular popcorn mixed together with actual Cheetos. I've enjoyed it, though its been hit and miss with other folks; just an acquired taste I suppose.

What's your favorite soda to drink?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:20 pm
Prof. Moonie
zentlair
Prof. Moonie

At my theater, there's definitely a difference between "Movie Theatre Butter" amount and "Would-You-Like-Popcorn-With-Your-Butter". xd

Do know that some theaters don't use actual butter for their "butter". Like the butter we use at the theater I work at is actually made from coconut oil. We do add some salt when we pop the corn though.

Oh, when I say "Cheetos Popcorn," I don't mean the Puff Corn stuff. I'm talking about the new specialty popcorn that Regal offers now. It's regular popcorn mixed together with actual Cheetos. I've enjoyed it, though its been hit and miss with other folks; just an acquired taste I suppose.

What's your favorite soda to drink?

OMG. That's hilarious that they just mixed the two snacks together. lol

Dr. Pepper, if it's available, though usually it's not at the movie theatre, in which case I'll either go Wild Cherry Pepsi or Cherry Coke. biggrin  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

beaulolais

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:14 pm
i like mine with coconut oil which is what theaters use

and the finely ground salt they use too, like powder

the great poet Carl Sandburg wrote a fine memorable story about a girl named Pony Pony Huckabuck whose popcorn farm was inundated one year when a fire caused them to be inundated by hot fragrant product.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:38 am
Zphal
OMG. That's hilarious that they just mixed the two snacks together. lol

Dr. Pepper, if it's available, though usually it's not at the movie theatre, in which case I'll either go Wild Cherry Pepsi or Cherry Coke. biggrin

Yeah, that's pretty much what it is. Though we do use some sort of oil when mixing the two, which may be the source of the unique taste it ends up having.

We have Coke products at our theater, so we have Pibb Extra as our Dr. Pepper equivalent. 3nodding  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:41 am
beaulolais

the great poet Carl Sandburg wrote a fine memorable story about a girl named Pony Pony Huckabuck whose popcorn farm was inundated one year when a fire caused them to be inundated by hot fragrant product.

Ah, yes. We've got that salt too. We used to have salt shakers with popcorn kernels in it to help slow down the pouring rate of the salt because it was so fine. But we eventually stopped having them at our concession tills because people kept wandering off with the shakers. So, now if people want more salt, they just have to grab the salt packets we have by the ketchup/mustard/relish packets.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:33 am
Prof. Moonie
beaulolais

Ah, yes. We've got that salt too. We used to have salt shakers with popcorn kernels in it to help slow down the pouring rate of the salt because it was so fine. But we eventually stopped having them at our concession tills because people kept wandering off with the shakers. So, now if people want more salt, they just have to grab the salt packets we have by the ketchup/mustard/relish packets.

i should hope people could be above such behavior as stealing condiments. then they would be "above the salt".  

beaulolais

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff