Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:21 am
Patrick Lockheart - Second Year
~ Patrick and Henry's Room ~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rick would close his eyes as he became more involved in his music, his songs becoming more intricate, more complicated, yet at the same time, not enough that he would start singing - No, that was purely for the entertainment of others...or unless he was left to his own devices.

Branwen had taken the moment to preen once again, seeing to each and every feather methodically before fluffing herself up. The room still felt a little cold, but with an added layer of fluff, which was now a lot dryer, she could manage. Naturally a day bird, the dark and gloom left her feeling drowsy and eventually she would find herself somewhere to perch in the rafters.

"So...where do you hail from?" he was quite content to leave Henry to his books, but Patrick decided whilst introductions were still fresh, he might pry a little further into his new roommate's background - of course, if Henry wasn't up on sharing, Rick would proceed to practice a little longer before returning his violin to his case and taking up his book. He'd met his share of secretive people and knew it was best to leave them be if they didn't want to share...

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Appearance: Patrick's New Shirt
With: Branwen, Henry
Feeling: Understanding, then seemingly lost in the moment.
OoC Playing This (New Song)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:20 pm

User Image
                User Image

"Trendel, near the borders." Henry replies when Patrick asks where he was from. Up until then, he was enjoying Rick's music well enough, and so felt that answering the question was a suitable enough response." After finishing the page he was on, he marks his place and closes the book, in case Rick wanted to continue talking. "How about you? Where are you from?" He looks in the direction of his roommate, setting the book aside for the time being.

PROFILE | Link xxMOOD | Mood xxLOCATION | Location xx

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Rick had to say he'd not been sure what he'd expected to hear, but was content enough to reply when asked about his own origins. He would continue to play as he spoke, choosing a slower song so it was easier to speak, "I guess I'm from Valor itself, but my Family originated in Langfrey," he of course meant the entire island of Valor due to his family moving around so frequently, "Been travelling most of my life, so I guess Eoana's my first main stopping place as we rarely hold up anywhere for too long,"

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Feeling: Understanding, then seemingly lost in the moment.
OoC Playing This (Another New Song)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:22 am

User Image
                User Image

"A fellow traveller, then?" Henry offers a very slight smirk when Rick makes that statement. "Given all the fighting, the borders aren't in too great a shape. I'm sure the same goes for Valor. The area of the front never tends to fare to well in war. That's where all the camps are placed and fighting takes place, of course, so it's not surprising that it didn't hold up very well." He pauses to makes a little sigh. "Why people choose to still live there is beyond my understanding. But, my parents stayed, so that's where I'm from. Hopefully I'll be able to go somewhere more...stable...after I'm done with this place." After he finishes speaking, he pauses, not really sure what to say next. He hadn't had too much experience with small talk to this degree, so was unsure of how to properly socially interact.

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:03 am

"Aye, we make a sort of circuit with the seasons - at least that's what my Uncle always says, it can get pretty cold sometimes," he recalled how they'd passed close to the mountains when traversing the outskirts of Mistun - it had been a rough year and the snows had come early, the horses weren't happy with snow on the ground and they'd had to move by foot to guide them along the trail. "It's not easy and sometimes we have to take less travelled routes, but I guess whether you travel, or you decide to settle down, home is where you make it," he said this in regards to Henry's folks deciding to stay put, sometimes people just find their place and settle down - regardless of where it may be.

Allowing his violin to fall silent - the gentle hum fading into the ambiance of the room - Rick would lean against the wall, his bow rested against his shoulder and violin held loosely in his other hand, "I plan to find somewhere eventually, a nice little cottage in the middle of nowhere, rolling hills, scenic views...far away from any wars and close minded folks...no time for those," the latter comment was purely in regards to those who only hung around with their own kind of Knit, closing out anyone who was different...

"What's your dream place then?" Realising Henry was perhaps out of practice when it came to social conversations, he decided to offer the opportunity to perhaps elaborate on his future plans - if he wanted to of course,

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Feeling:
OoC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:26 am

User Image
                User Image

"Hmm...I don't really know." Henry says, responding to Rick's question "At this point, I don't really plan on sticking to any one place for too long. I'm not a huge fan of being locked down like that. I prefer to move around. Plus, that makes it so that I'm sure to not get too attached to anyone. Home might be where you make it, so to that end, maybe the world will be my "home". We'll see. Whatever happens in the future will happen. I'll just roll with the punches."

Closing his eyes, he leans back. "So, I don't see anything like a dream home, in short. I just see myself wandering, and stopping at places that feel interesting. If at that point I can still travel between Valor and Trendel, then all the better. Just so long as things don't get too boring."

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:02 am

"That makes sense," Rick would nod, casting a glance across to Branwen who appeared to have fluffed her feathers up and drifted off to sleep, "I'd try and see through your studies though, anything you can grab to get above the common man is a bonus - it's why I'm here really," his family had been more than happy to keep him close, earning a living off his gifts, both musical and Raiment Based - but it wasn't a life he wanted to stick to...

He had to admit, it was a shame to hear that Henry didn't seem to be seeking any real attachment to anyone, but that was his choice, Rick was happy to wait for his ideal partner to appear, then perhaps he would start to focus more on attaining his dreams.

"Boring?" he raised a knuckle to his chin in thought - the violin bow still within his fingers, "I must admit, I haven't had the chance to explore the place since I came back, but I know of a few locations where I would hang around, the The Jolly Tavern and Inn is always a good haunt, or it was last year," he smirked wondering what would prove interesting for the male, "Have you had the opportunity to wander about yet?" He would tilt his head, curiously.

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Feeling:
OoC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:09 am

User Image
                User Image

"I might go visit the Tavern at some point...seems like it might be a good time." Henry muses, out loud, on Rick's words. "But in answer to your question,
                                      the only place I've been other than a couple classrooms and the nurse's office was I went to a bakery a couple days ago. That was nice enough, I guess. The worker there gave me some free snacks, which is always a bonus. I'm certainly not one to complain about receiving freebies, especially when they were that good."

He reopens his eyes at that point, looking back at Rick. "You've supposedly been here longer, so what are some potentially good places to go to? You mentioned the Tavern, and I the bakery, but what else is there?"

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:52 am

"Ah, the Nurse's Office," Rick would glance away, "Not always the best place to hang out, but the bakery? That sounds like somewhere I could go," he would listen when Henry mentioned free snacks, his interest increasing when the male complimented how good they were - he would ensure he set some time by to take a wander that way when he got the chance,

"To be honest, there wasn't much, unless you like hitting up the arena and watching a few matches? The marketplace is alright if you want to buy things...but if you're keeping the coins close...well." he scratched the back of his head, remembering spending much of his time reading up raiments in the library and of course practicing his violin... "Well, you got me there Buddy, Guess I got by with what I had, kept to myself, frequented the library, went out to the Arena on free days to watch a few punch ups, then went off down the Tavern for a few drinks..." he had to admit, he'd gotten by with little need for any extra entertainment, but at the same time had to wonder what sort of things Henry enjoyed,

He was quiet for a moment, almost as though he was racking his brain for something 'fun' that had made his time there seem a little more...interesting... "Actually," he lifted his gaze, "It's about this time of year that they start preparing for the Winter Event, lots of things to get involved in - if you're up for that kinda thing?"

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Feeling: somewhat disappointed, a little defeated, yet honest.
OoC Hah...you kinda caught me out there lol*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:01 pm

User Image
                User Image

"I'll pass on the festivities, especially if the Academy is putting them on. With school events, I come into contact with the faculty, and there are certain staff members I'm trying to avoid for the time being. Maybe once I actually get to attend a class..." He chuckles. So far, Henry's educational experience has involved getting chewed out by Nova, the Elementor professor, and leaving botany class because Tay cut herself and Tala was repulsed by the sight of blood. At this rate, he wasn't sure when he'd actually get to learn something.

"But I might go check out the Arena in the meantime. Seems like a good way to get away from the crowds." Henry nods. "Pretty much, just going to be avoiding the festivities as best I can. You can have fun at the party, if that's your thing. I'll make do otherwise."

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Patrick recalled Henry's prior tale regarding the Elementor tutor and nodded in agreement, "Aye, it'd probably be best to avoid her, but you never know, there's bound to be loads of people, your paths may never cross," he shrugged with a smile, then made the decision to put his violin away. He was a little surprised to hear Henry hadn't attended a class yet, well, besides the one where he'd had the disagreement with the tutor,

"You've always got the library if you can't make it to class, the place is full of books on practically anything you'd want to know," he recalled how he'd spent many an hour just reading tome after tome...checking them out every now and again when he felt he couldn't quite put one down, "I learnt a lot there," he would smile, then look to the Raven once again, "Well, if it's a free day, I'd gladly join you if you fancied watching a few rounds at the Arena, but I'm definitely planning on checking out the festival, highlight of the year and a great time to meet new friends," he liked to think he was a dab hand at attracting the crowd - especially the pretty ones - but when it came to actually picking up a possible partner, Rick was just playing the crowd - knowing the right one would appear eventually.

"Well, I'm not sure what else you have planned for the day, but the rain appears to be letting up now and I think I might fancy taking a wander down to the marketplace in search of that bakery you mentioned," he'd been intrigued to hear about the store and wondered what delicacies he might just discover, "You're welcome to tag along if you like?" He didn't think he'd need directions, but if Henry was game for hanging around with him a little longer, Patrick was happy for the company. "You coming, Pretty Bird?" he would turn to face Branwen, watching as she lifted her head from the plume of feathers on her chest before stretching,

"Cold...Wet." She of course was now dry thanks to Henry's Raiment, but as Rick extended a hand towards her, she would reluctantly flutter down onto his hand before hopping along his arm to where she would roost upon his shoulder.

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Feeling:
OoC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:09 pm

User Image
                User Image

"Yeah, I'll probably grab some books out of the library at some point or other. Do they let students take them out of the library, or do the books have to stay there?" He asks, since Patrick went ahead and mentioned that subject. He then looks outside and confirms that things were starting to lighten up, so nods. "Sure. Going to the bakery sounds pretty good. Wouldn't hurt to get some dinner there as well." He gets up and packs his stuff, putting the satchel containing his pipe case onto his belt. He didn't plan on smoking, but it never hurt to be prepared. Except for in a classroom setting, of course. "You've been here longer, so I figure that you know where it is? Or did I introduce a new place to you?" As he speaks, he does little to actually mention the festival. He didn't have much interest in it, so didn't feel the need to really talk about it.

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 am

"You can borrow what you like in regards to books," Rick would nod, "But you need to Check them out before you leave so the Librarian knows where they are," he recalled a time the previous year where he'd been so distracted by something he'd almost walked right out without checking out his book - He was promptly Frog-Marched back to the counter by a very polite gentleman and explained that the process ensures the books are kept in pristine condition for the next user.

"To be honest, it sounds new to me, but I can hazard a guess," Patrick pulled on a coat just incase the weather did decide to take a turn back to its original state, "Normally if I wanted bread or something like that, I'd try and convince the cooks to procure something for me a little something on the side, but it looks like the hands have changed there as well," he smirked, amazed at how quickly things could change when you were away,

Ensuring Branwen was settled once again on his shoulder, Rick would find himself a bag before turning for the door and drawing it open, "After you?"

~ Patrick to Exit after Henry if he chooses to go first ~

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Appearance: Patrick's jacket
Feeling:
OoC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:32 pm
Patrick Lockheart
~ Patrick's Dorm Room ~

Rick hadn't had much sleep that night, his time had been spent trying to recall the 'creature' whilst sketching it out on any scrap of paper he could find... What was it he'd seen back in the forest? It certainly hadn't been a ghost - it appeared to have been alive...but what it had done to the foliage around where it had stood...all dead as he'd inspected it afterwards...What could do that?

What he couldn't get over however was how Tala had just said "It was nothing" and left, taking his Black Wolf-like creature with him like it had been something he was accustomed to - It wasn't so much that he'd just upped and gone with little more than a question as to whether or not Rick had known the path back, it was more that he'd seemingly begun to relax in his presence - even talking to him like one would any other student... The fact the youth had been rather standoffish to begin with - at least until he'd realised Rick had come from Eoana - then he'd settled, even sharing a page from his sketchpad... But when that thing appeared, he'd closed up, shut down...

Branwen had fluttered up to her usual perch in the rafters, her mind also appearing to be on other things... She wasn't her naturally vocal self, in fact, she'd barely even said a word. He would coax her down with a piece of Rosalyn's bread and eventually they would sit and watch as the clouds rolled in, bringing the wind, but apart from that, both said very little.

The next morning Patrick would arise, washing and dressing in something perhaps not so grand that day - with absolutely no intention to head outside that morning, Rick left his cloak in his room and once he was ready, he would make his way off towards his Diviner Class...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Appearance: Wearing this Patrick's keeping it simple today
With: Branwen,
Feeling:
OoC ""

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:16 pm
Patrick Lockheart
~ Rick's Dorm Room ~

After Fiona had left the Gala in such a rush, Rick had spent a fair amount of the evening trying to track her down to apologise. Part of his need to find her was through concern for her well being, but the majority was down to his feeling guilty at pushing her past her limits... Having witnessed her skills back in their Elective Class, Patrick had been excited to see her play again - even moreso at the possible chance to join her, so in a way he had perhaps been more than a little selfish if he had to think about it...

After asking directions from a few 'otherworldly' witnesses, the Diviner ultimately decided that it would be best to return to his Dorm Room and rest... Sadly sleep was far from his mind and feeling more than a little guilty about the whole thing, Patrick would instead pick up his Violin and play for a few hours before taking a seat in the windowsill of his room to watch the world go by...

Having failed to cover up the windows, Rick would awaken with the sun streaming in onto his face - it felt considerably warmer that morning and as he stretched, the Diviner would let out a groan, his muscles aching from the unnatural sleeping position...

"Late Night...?" Branwen would tilt her head, having been awoken by the male playing his violin before eventually drifting back off to sleep as he moved to mope in the window... "No Sleep."

Pushing himself to his feet, Patrick would dust off his clothes before sliding off his vest and shirt in favour of something cleaner... Once he had freshened himself up, the Diviner took another glance out of the window before reaching for his cloak.

"Going out?" The White Raven would flutter down from her perch, landing upon Rick's shoulder as he sorted out his hood before reaching for the door,

"I just need to clear my head a little..." An early morning wander always seemed to help, but Rick also hoped that if the fates allowed he might just happen across a particular female Diviner - if he could apologise to her, then perhaps that would help him feel a little better?

[~ Rick Leaves his room ~]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Appearance: Wearing this
With: Fiona
Feeling: Tired, a little Down,
OoC Patrick's Cloak
""

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Male Dormitories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]