Submit

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:10 am
Patrick's Side:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nanashi's Side:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:08 pm
Patrick Lockheart - Second Year
~ Music Room > Patrick and Henry's Room ~

"I guess it depends on her mood really," realising that Branwen might just be disturbing the class a little, he scratched the back of his head, "She's been with me a few years now and can be a little blunt at times, but she's the same old Branwen to me," he smiled reassuringly, watching as the bird tilted her head in regards to his comment before letting out a 'Cark' and looking towards the two newcomers who had slipped in prior to his performance.

Patrick had found it fascinating to hear another play the violin in Music Class and Mikhail's song was certainly well practiced - Almost to a point that Rick considered challenging the male to a play-off some time, or even a duet... Now was not the time however and as the class was dismissed shortly afterwards, he would slide from the desk and pick up his violin, giving Branwen a little scratch under the chin before taking his leave of the classroom.

~ Exit Music Class for Dorm Rooms ~

Of course, making his way back to his room was inevitable, the thoughts of how the man had mentioned he was missing something, made him review his skills as a Violinist as he walked... What could he do to keep the interest in his work? He'd always managed to entertain his listeners in the past, but what would make his performance even better? Branwen remained on his shoulder for the duration of the walk back to the dormitories, mumbling to herself about being a good bird before flying ahead of him as he opened the door to his room.

There had been discussions about him sharing a room with another and as he stepped inside, Patrick could see that arrangements for bedding had already been made.

Crossing over to the bed that he had chosen, Patrick would set his violin case down, taking out his instrument and giving it a quick once over before drawing the bow across the strings and playing one of his less vocal songs. He would decide to add some movement into this piece, dipping occasionally as he stepped with some skill around the room - One of his female cousins had given him a few pointers on dancing and with the room to himself, why not slip a little movement into his practice?

Branwen of course would seat herself somewhere that she could watch, whilst getting in a mild preening session in the process. She of course would remain silent, allowing the male to practice his art in peace.

Practice makes perfect

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Clothing: Like Image
With: Branwen, Lerato and Rachel, then just Branwen
Feeling: Relaxed,
OoC Quoting you here Kuri as I feel perhaps the class was ended for us? (We weren't quoted) So I will Write here now as though that is what happened - also didn't want to leave your question unanswered...

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:52 am
~ Patrick and 's Room ~

Standing on his bed now, Patrick would push open the window, allowing the music to flow out into the rain, entertaining all who had an ear to listen. Having the window open allowed the cool, fresh air to slip inside and whilst in this position, he could also watch the world below.

"Rain!" Branwen would give a grumble, fluttering across the room to the male's shoulder where she sat for a moment before hopping up onto the window itself.

"Yes, Rain." Rick's bow would slip from the strings as he watched the bird, "Pretty Birds should stay inside when it's wet..." he frowned, his mouth falling open as the Raven opened her wings and dropped down into the deluge. "Bran!" Stunned by the fact she would choose to go out in such weather, Rick set his violin down on his bed and wasted no time in rushing for the door - Yes, it was wet, but he was so concerned for the Corvid that he neglected to even consider grabbing a coat...

~ Exit Patrick and 's Room ~

New Song, more practice

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Appearance: Patrick's Shirt
With: Branwen
Feeling: Relaxed, then shocked
OoC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:00 am
~ Patrick and Henry's Room ~

Patrick couldn't help but flash a pathetic smile at those he passed by - he could imagine a small trail of damp puddles leading part of the way back along the corridor to his dorm room, but with Branwen once again on his arm, he didn't really care. The main intention was to get back to his room, change his clothes and see if he could towel-dry the little powder puff without getting pecked at too many times...

Pushing open the door, he released Branwen to fly across the room to her perch where she would proceed to preen her saturated feathers before puffing up for warmth whilst watching as he sought out something dry to wear.

Pulling off his original vest and shirt, he would hang them up to dry before wandering around shirtless for the moment, he wanted to set up a small burner for incense whilst he had the chance - there was nothing worse than entering a room that smelt of soggy feathers...or damp clothes for that matter, so as the scent of sandalwood began to permeate the room, Patrick would draw a new shirt and vest from his luggage before setting it down on his bed before seeking out a towel for the bird.

"Already Dry!" Letting out a hiss, the Raven would take wing towards the peak of the ceiling, fluttering over the male's head as he held the towel out before landing elsewhere in the room, "Leave Me Be!"

"Suit yourself." Not one to truly force a creature into doing something, Rick would roll his eyes and sigh, hanging the towel up so if she chose, she could pull it down on top of herself, before heading across to his bed where he would close the window before pulling on his new shirt and vest, "Don't blame me if you catch a cold." With that, he would put away his violin which he had left out earlier and then find a book to read before sitting down on the pillows against the window.

He would feign disinterest, but at the sound of a sigh from across the room, followed by the soft fluttering of beating wings, he would lift his gaze from the page and watch as the White Raven glided over, drawing a trail of smoke behind as she passed through the plume of incense before landing a few hops from where he'd hung the towel. Chuckling, he would allow his book to rest upon his knee as she inspected the towel for a moment before pecking at it, pulling it down over her body and disappearing underneath.

After a few moments of watching the towel shudder and quake, a slightly disheveled Branwen would emerge, shaking off the stray feathers dislodged by the fabric before taking wing and landing beside the male who had returned his eyes to the book in his hands, "There. Happy?" she would grumble, hopping up onto his knee, staring at him with a tilted head as he lifted his gaze before hopping down into his lap as he nodded.

"It'll do," he smiled, running a gentle finger across her crown before turning the page.

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

Appearance: Patrick's New Shirt
With: Branwen,
Feeling: Wet, then a dryer.
OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 am

User Image
                User Image

Without even a knock, the door to the main room opens up. Henry makes his way inside, and closes the door behind him. Due to the damp spots leading up to the door, he wasn't wholly surprised when he saw the boy from the courtyard, the one with the bird. Clearly, they'd all be sharing the dorm. Looks like it'll be one of those things where I'm in my room a lot... would be the first thought to cross his mind. He wasn't entirely sure what Patrick and the bird were like, so he would have tto ease into it. He then notices Patrick's incense burner, and raises an eyebrow. Perhaps this arrangement might be more useful than it seemed at first glance... Putting his hand under his chin, a sign of contemplation, he thinks for a moment, then finally speaks. "So, guess we're roommates..." With his other hand, he points to the incense burner. "Mind keeping that in the common area? Since it's yours, it should be either in your room or in the common place, and I might have some use for it. Not going to take it anywhere, but I suppose some practice now and then wouldn't hurt." He pauses for a moment, then resumes speaking. "Right, and I'm Henry. An Elementor."

PROFILE | Link xxMOOD | Mood xxLOCATION | Location xx

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:02 am

Hearing the door, Patrick would lift his gaze, glancing over the top of his book as Branwen seemed to flinch at the sound, hopping up onto the edge of the tome before turning her beady eyes towards the newcomer with some disgust at being disturbed.

"Ah, you're the fellow from the courtyard," he would sit up at this point, watching as the White Raven gave a grumble before taking flight and landing on one of the rafters above them, "Patrick Lockheart, I'm a Diviner." Setting the book down between the pillows, Rick would slide from the edge of the bed before getting to his feet, "You're more than welcome to use it, but you'll have to provide your own incense, I've only got a limited supply at the moment," he planned to get down to the market and procure some more when the weather was better.

When Henry mentioned he was an Elementor, Patrick's first thought was that he had something to do with fire - it seemed to be the most popular of the elements to wield, but that would mean he needed some more charcoal and something to ensure the room didn't come alight...

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance," After moving the incense burner to a more considerate location, Rick would turn, offering the male a hand in friendship,

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:19 am

User Image
                User Image

"Same," Henry says, in reply to Patrick's final comment and shaking his hand. "And I can do that. I'll just have to go and get them. That, or..." He goes and checks on his side of the room. Sure enough, there was a fireplace in there, which prompts Henry to nod. "That'll do during the colder months...convenient for now. But it might produce too much...yeah, the incense-maker will be good, once I find where to get some..." After musing for a moment, he returns back to Patrick, and looks at the bird. "He often fly off like he did earlier?" He thinks about taking out his pipe for a moment and possibly explaining just why he might need Rick's incense burner, but then notices the incense being produced by the burner. He extends his hand towards it, and draws the smoke to him, forming a small ball. "Convenient that you already had that on." He gather some more as its produced, then sends it over to Branwen and moves to cloak him in it, rotating it around. The dryness of the smoke would help dry the bird off, if the bird didn't avoid it.

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:46 am

Patrick hadn't had the luxury of a fireplace back when he was travelling with his family, so he'd left it alone for the time being, but nodded when Henry mentioned it would be useful when things got colder, "She's not prone to just flying off," he would hold his hand up to summon the bird down, but she would seemingly ignore him and instead lean forward where she had perched, staring down at Henry as though trying to work him out. "There's bound to be somewhere in the market, but I brought these from home," he would motion to a box beside his bed before dropping his arm after concluding the Bird wasn't interested.

"Whoa," Patrick had frowned at Bran's ignorance, but as Henry had begun drawing the smoke from the burner, the male would realise quickly that his roommate had a more impressive raiment, "Now for a second there, I thought you were another Fire Wielder, but I must say, I'm impressed," he would watch as Henry gathered up more of the smoke, working it into a ball before sending it towards the White Raven.

Branwen would draw back at this point, tilting her head as she watched the smoky orb advance before looking down at Rick who seemed more curious than concerned. As the ball shrouded around her, she would shut her eyes, drawing her shoulder blades up before feeling a warming sensation as the smoke dried out her feathers. She would give a cough, flapping the excess smoke away before taking to the air and swooping down onto Patrick's shoulder.

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:37 pm

User Image
                User Image

The smoke dissipates as Branwen flaps her wings. "Yeah, no, I'm a smoke manipulator, through-and-through." At that point, he pulls out his pipe case, and opens it. "Which is where this thing comes through. Takes a minute to get it working, but it's still useful in a pinch. And helps me look...less strange than if I were to carry around a lit incense burner." He puts the pipe away, then sits down in a chair. "You say you're impressed? Well then, you might be the first one at this Academy to feel that way. The Elementor master certainly wasn't. Haven't really talked to many people outside of that, of course, but...oh well. Didn't really care what they had to say."

Henry pauses for a moment, just looking at the incense burner, and thinking, before he turns back to his roommate. "You say you're a Diviner? That's cool, I guess. What's your raiment?"

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:28 pm

"Aye, that would look strange," Rick would nod, watching as Henry drew out his pipe case. He could imagine the old clerical monks swinging an incense container around in the abbeys, but for someone to wander around with one outside would look bizarre. His mouth would open slightly, admiring the workmanship before tilting his head,

"What's wrong with a little puff once in a while?" he would fold his arms across his chest, "My Grandfa would be at it all day...admittedly, he coughed up half a lung every now and again, but he was happy enough," he would smirk, remembering the old guy and how he'd tell the family stories around the campfire, "Good times, wonder how they're doing." he would presume the caravans had made their way around the shores of Langfrey by now, but who was to know?

"Well, It's sorta cool," Rick would scratch the back of his head, "It can be a bit of a curse sometimes, especially when you can't get rid of them..." he guessed he had better get to the point, "Basically, I can communicate with Spirits," he paused, waiting to see what Henry made of that, at least until Branwen chimed in,

"Spirits! Spirits!" she would flap her wings, leaning forward on Rick's shoulder before looking down and hopping onto the male's hand as it appeared in an attempt to settle her. "Not here though! Not Yet!"

"Hush, noisy bird." With her on his closed hand, Patrick would draw the Raven round before extending his arm, "Away with you," he would lift his hand slightly bouncing her from her perch before watching as she flew across the room and landed over by the window.

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:04 pm

User Image
                User Image

"Hmm...interesting." Henry says in response to Rick explaining his raiment. "And, from what I can tell, a lot of the people here don't care for the smell of this thing." He holds his pipe slightly more up than normal. "The Elementor professor in particular was quite...judgmental...about it. Which, I just don't understand. It can't be the worst thing she's sees as a teacher here at this school...yet the moment I lit the plant, you could've sworn that I murdered her mother in front of her." He lets out a little sigh. "Oh well."

He watches Branwen shout out about the spirits, and chuckles very quietly. The thing was amusing enough, he supposed. Birds will be birds. "Good thing the window was closed. You almost made it so that you had to go back out into the rain again. Which would make it your third shirt since I saw you out there the first time."

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:46 pm

Rick was curious as to how the Elementor Professor might just have been so judgmental at the act - everyone at some point must have had to display their abilities, that was a known fact - but then at the thought of Henry perhaps lighting his pipe in the middle of a classroom, what could have been wrong with that - unless they'd been unprepared for it? "I guess some people find it a little intrusive in enclosed spaces," he shrugged, having always recalled his family members being outside whenever they struck a light for the universe, "But if they asked you to do show your raiment, what else could you have done?" Of course, if there was an Elementor who could light something that gave off a good plume, that might have worked, but who was he to judge? Besides, it could have proven more dangerous if the flame had gotten out of hand...

"Ah, Branwen's pretty good," he watched as she pecked at a loose thread in one of the pillows, "I can only think she perhaps saw something outside and wanted to go investigate," he would laugh weakly at the comment about having changed his clothing at least once or twice already that day, "I just acted on the spur of the moment, it was raining heavily and I didn't really want her to get saturated," he would lean in slightly, "She can be rather stubborn when it comes to medicines..." he would frown at the thought of trying to convince her that a 'tainted-sunflower seed' was actually going to help her...

"...Anyway," Clapping his hands together - which would distract the Raven from her antics - Patrick would make his way back across the room towards his bed, "...I'd better let you get settled in?" he picked up the book, "I'm sure there's lots to get done before this day is out?" he of course had no plans until it stopped raining, but as he marked the place in his book, his eyes would glance across his Violin, "...You don't mind if I get a little practice in, do you?" he would lift the instrument from its case, merely to hint at what he meant in regards to practice before glancing back at Henry in wait for his answer.

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

With: Branwen, Henry
Feeling: Curious
OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 pm

User Image
                User Image

"She was working with the other students, so I decided to go ahead and get prepared. So I can understand the initial reaction, but then she kept going once I began to demonstrate. At that point, she should have stopped, because she then knew why I was doing what I was doing. But, nope. She kept right on going." He lets out another sigh. "Oh well," he says again.

After Rick finishes talking about Branwen, Henry listens to what he has to say next. "Shouldn't take too long for me to get settled. Most everything is situated already. But yeah, you can go ahead and practice. A little music never hurt anyone." He stands up to make sure his room is set up the way he wanted it,
                                      letting Rick get ready with his violin.

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Rick listened as Henry explained how things had gone down and nodded, realising perhaps why the tutor may have gotten upset, but at the same time, a quick telling off had perhaps been all that was needed, rather than a prolonged scolding. "Sounds like she did go a little off the handle." he would frown, "Perhaps she's got something on her mind and that just tipped things over the scale? I've known a few people with...underlying distractions to go completely Ape at the drop of a hat..." Another of his Uncles was a good example - especially after a late night drinking session, the guy was like a bear with a sore head, but Rick knew he only did it because he was hurting...

He smiled when Henry agreed that he could get some practice in - not many people besides those who he was entertaining at the time, liked sharing a room with someone who found playing the Violin relaxing after a long, hard day. It would take a moment to prepare, but Rick would run the bow across the strings for a moment before reeling off a few melodies.

It wouldn't take him long to get lost in the moment and after kicking off his boots by the side of his belongings, the male would find his way up onto his bed, approaching the window where he would lean against the wall, looking out as the rain seemed to start to ease up from the torrent he had witnessed earlier.

Quote:

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Quote:

Quote:

With: Branwen, Henry
Feeling: Understanding, then seemingly lost in the moment.
OoC Playing This (Among other things)

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:47 am
]

User Image
                User Image

Henry, after making sure that everything in his room, returns to the main room, where he sits down in one of the chairs there. He figured he should at least not be standoffish to Patrick, since they were sharing the room. Plus, this one at least seemed not too judgmental concerning Henry's raiment. Perhaps it might be able to work out. Sitting in the common area, he listens to Patrick practice, reading his book as well in order to keep himself occupied. He had to admit that Rick seemed at least decent on the violin, though he was still warming up at this point, it seemed.

Quote:

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Male Dormitories

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out