"Who was that?"

"I don't know, truthfully."

She had gotten herself into quite a pickle that resulted in changes that weren't anticipated by the pride itself. Hasira hadn't meant to cause such drama, but unfortunately that seemed to be precisely what she had done. "So you just let her waltz right in here?" He demanded in a nearly harsh tone that had the lioness recoiling. "You know I wouldn't have done this on purpose. Hell I will guard that space myself!" She proclaimed fiercely in return.

"I'm sorry Hasira. It's just been a really trying time."

"I know Jua."

Her ears pinned back at the exhausted way the man in her life had appeared and responded. "Have you even had a chance to sleep much?" She remarked when he finally lifted his gaze to her. The familiar orange eyes had lost their glimmer that she was so used too. "Why don't you let someone else take guard, let me take you home and get you the rest you so desperately need. We can talk to your father on the way - or Alduin?" She offered some advice, but couldn't truthfully offer much more. In fact she had very little place to offer any at all since it was she that had unknowingly caused a problem.

"Fine, fine."

Jua felt the exhaustion she spoke of and knew that she had to be right. Rest and perhaps a little relaxtion, if he could muster it, would keep him and his family going. His father had needed it and so he would be foolish to think he could rival his father in such a way. "I'll go with you, but let's at least talk to my father. Alduin doesn't need to know, yet, but at least my father needs to be on the look out. Or assign someone." Frankly Jua could care less which of the options was taken, but as soon as rest had been mentioned he had found his eyes fluttering shut under the weight of his tiredness.

"Good. Your father won't be far away at least. He got some rest while you were up here guarding. I'm sure he won't mind stepping in for his weary son. Especially since you look, I'm sorry for this, like utter crap."

"Excuse you."

Fiendish orange eyes glanced at the teal lioness with hidden glee at her comment and eventually eased into an eye roll. "You don't look much better yourself and that's you on a regular day." He snickered at his comment and feigned a near fall at the sudden shoulder bump he received. "Heck, we'll see if you even make it to your father - those remarks could --"

"Could what Hasira?" He narrowed his eyes playfully. "Would you take me to the bushes? Wrestle me down?" A wicked grin played at the corners of her mouth, but before she could respond the pair was interrupted from their banter.

"I hope there is a terrbly good reason why you've abandoned your post."

The booming voice of a stern lion entered the ears of the young pair. The sound caused both pairs of ears to pin to their heads before they even got turned around. "I was actually looking for you father." Calling him dad had seemed so kiddy to him as he grew and so father became what he called Throek. "Oh?" His father had always been a lion of reason and therefore it wasn't odd that he was looking for a response, but when he didn't receive one right away he narrowed his eyes. "Speak up Jua." The tone was a little more relaxed than the first one in recognition of the fact that his son suddenly appeared so weary.

"I just need to rest, that's all. Hasira suggested that find you in hopes that I can get some relief." Throek wasn't surprised by the request and in fact looked upon Hasira was affection. "That's a good idea, you look exhausted." He nodded firmly at the statement. "I'll find someone to cover you. These past days have been hard on everyone and the next weeks won't be easier. We'll need everyone to rest easy."

"Oh, and father?"

"Yes Jua."

The pair hadn't quiet left Throek to continue on his path, but they were getting ready to embark on their final stretch before Juas den. "Hasira saw a lioness creeping about the plants. She showed her the plants mother ate and then shooed her away. I just wanted to warn you." He turned his gaze back to Hasira. "Thank you for taking my place." He finally said with a small yawn that was uncontrollable.

"Go and get some rest son."

"Will do."

Hasira had spent the conversation considering ways she could help to lull Jua to sleep. She would spend the evening with him, which left the door wide open. With Throek out of the way she let her mind wander. "What have you got going on in that pretty little head of yours?" Jua finally interrupted the silence as they reached the entrance to his den where they would inevitably end up. "Well, for starters, do you have food? Water?" She knew full well that rest was what he needed, but without food and water he wouldn't get proper rest.

"Yes to both. Mti made sure of that last time he was around." He was smiling, something she couldn't ignore, so that meant she had little reason to leave and come back. "Well good, Mti is such a gentle soul." She regarded the soil beneath her paws before gazing up at Jua once more.

"Enough about Mti, come with me." He spoke in that weary tone of his that left Hasira little to argue with. She entered the den with him and spent the entire evening.

"Jua, you in there?"

The voice that had startled them the evening before was at it again. Jua stirred first and peered at the slumbering figure that was Sira. Attempting not to wake her he got up and moved around her to the entrance of his den. "Yes father." He said and brought a paw to his face, rubbing the sleep away as best he could.

"She's in there..." Throek remarked with a sly grin. "Isn't she?"

"Yes." Jua responded with a blush he couldn't hide.

"Way to go son."