Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=>[META] Chittentown SRDPSL Space Tower Conveyor 8 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:52 am
      ∞ Degras Tysson

Ephias should have been more excited than he was.

For sweeps he had dreamt of little more than the troll species reigniting galactic travel and exploring the cosmos. It was all he lived for. He collected star charts, built telescopes, studied the books, memorised formulas, watched the stars, and calculated their movements. In the hours of the day when he could not find sleep, the promise of the worlds above kept him company. He knew that one day, working on a team of leading scientists, he would reopen the doors to the cosmic frontier.

Like the sleep for which dreams relied on, such a thing was impossible for him.

Not for the first time Ephias found himself doubting his place in the Phoenix Initiative. He wondered whether all those sweeps ago he had made the right choice. He wondered if he would have been better off up to his spongeclots in helpless apathy. At least then he would not have tried to make a difference.

No. That was the wrong way to approach it. He knew better than to think that he could live quietly while those less fortunate than him suffered. He would have struck out in one form or another. He had the memories of the Chittentown's library, New Hemisect, and Bloodfest to prove it. He could have sat by and done nothing, yet every time... The rebels had all sacrificed something in their fight for the greater good. He would be no exception.

His thoughts continued on as such, as he scouted the renovated hangar. At the first sign of a trap, he would alert the others and plan a quiet escape. He searched the crowds, lookstubs sweeping the clusters of trolls chatting amicably. None stood out. If anyone meant to seek out rebel infiltrators, they blended in with the common troll seamlessly. He moved on, keeping to the fringe of the central pack. It was there, he found a suspect: a single troll watching the others from a safe distance. She might have just been a loner, or she might have been employed by the government. He had no way of knowing.

“Don't like crowds?” Ephias asked, leaning against the wall beside her. He kept his hands in his pockets.

Melancholies
Have a sad troll. (Eph is disguised as Degras!)

Micillia
Pssst!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 am
        Strange as it would seem to some, the elation he felt when complimented by Polair made Mahmud feel giddy. No, not because of how it'd used to be, where he would accept any small positive note and take it into himself as life-giving energy. No, the extreme happiness came from the fact that it didn't feel as worship anymore. Just... one friend to another. His efforts to give up on a stupid childhood flush crush were working! And because of it, he felt he was starting to understand her a bit better.

All in all, if he wasn't so paranoid about being so, Mahmud would have probably gotten emotional at that point.

Instead he nodded and gave a little sigh, as the corny line goes, "releasing the breath he didn't realize he had been holding". "Oh my gog, same."
        With that he uncrossed his arms. "I hate it, thats kind of why I had to get away... "" Mahmud shot a glance over to the rest of his friends, safely on the other side of the room. There was just a twinge of guilt now that he had another friend who felt similarly. "There's just too much going on in groups... and I kinda..." Felt stupid? Endangered? Paranoid? "... yeah." Wow Mahmud, A+ in eloquence right there.

There was this cane Polair kept clutching but... to be honest, it seemed a little bit rude to ask about it, right? Seriously, he was worried about his friend but didn't want to drag up any bad memories or anything. s**t happened here on Alternia, it'd be best just to leave it be. Lord knows he wouldn't want his old s**t dragged up.

But... Polair said he was smart. He! Was smart! That was enough to give him another little mood boost. Deimos was fine and all, but Polair knew him better. Knew that he could think well and all that good stuff. She had been the one to buy him about seven eights of his book collection. But the fact that she recorded her notes instead of writing them... was interesting! "Oh! Yeah sure!" Giving a beaming grin, Mahmud clearly ignoring Polair's embarrassed expression. "Do you got another one of those, or know where to get one? I'll record my notes for you too!" If this was what was easier on Polair, he'd do it naturally. People deserved to have their comfort levels acknowledged. "And I don't mind, really... trust me, I do too sometimes." Polair being excited sounded lovely. She deserved to be able to be excited!

"Like I mean... this is what you love, right? You being anything less than enthusiastic would be weird." He wanted to give her a shoulder pat but it felt like it'd be a little too much... right? "If you love it, I'm happy to hear you love it. Simple. Besides... how much of my rambling have you had to put up with?" he teased, hands on his hips.

imaginationsparadise
SORRY FOR THE WAIT OMG

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:22 pm
"Yikes," came a nearby voice a solid beat after Nictor hit the ground. Etsali shook out her hands, flicking the water off of her sleeves, and then crouched beside the yellowblood with care to avoid getting more wet than she already had. She hadn't expected the area by the refreshment tables to be quite so exciting, but it was clear she'd been caught in the crossfire of his spectacular crash. "That sure was something."

She put an elbow on her knee, the better to prop her chin up with a hand, and considered him thoughtfully, lips twitching towards an amused smile. "I was going to offer you a hand up but you're looking a little like you'd rather just lay there. Need a minute?"

Taki-di

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 pm
    "Hmm?" Trusci seemed pulled out of her own internal musings at the approach of a redblood. This. This was good, actually; Trusci always felt more in her element around fellow scum-of-Alternia. There were a few promising prospects, but no one she'd actually acted on yet. Trusci wasn't a loner, no, just in a new environment. "Pretty much the opposite, actually. I just hadn't found anyone worth talking to yet."

She cracked a pretty hearty smile, "Guess I won't have to though, the worthwhile found me. I kinda signed up on a whim, so I don't really know anyone millin' around, if you really gotta know." She shrugged it off.

Keep the conversation neutral. Trusci considered herself a fairly good judge of character though, but she wouldn't let herself get too comfortable, lowblood proximity or not.

Green Minuet

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Taki-di

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:19 pm
Cold water in his hair, soaking his shirt and hoodie. This was the proper physical sensation of discomfort given his current emotional state.

It was no great surprise when a voice spoke up, but he still flinched a little, making his face drag on the floor before he froze because oh my was that uncomfortable and it was wet and gross and who knows when this floor was last cleaned maybe he shouldn't be lying face down on it.

Nictor pushed himself up on his forearms, grimacing as droplets of very much not for drinking anymore water crawled down his face.

Beyond how own miserable state of affairs, he saw a relaxed looking troll squatting next to him She didn't look irritated, but he did note that there was some wetness staining her sleeves and he winced. Maybe he should flinch again for good measure because oh boy did he just realize he heard her a voice, which he presumed to belong to this other teen, but he did not hear all the words. Something about, uh, a hand? And a minute?

If Nictor had the presence of mind to think of it, maybe he'd be grateful that the social interaction was forcing his mind to focus on one specific anxiety instead of trying to hold onto them all at once. Which would be weird because being grateful for his own anxiety. Hm

Point was that nervous dread was pushed back for the much more immediate exasperated mental flailing at the fact he totally had no clue what he was even responding to.

You'd think he'd have gotten better at this over time. And he was. Mostly. Sort of.

"I, u-uh, w-well, mmm," Nictor stuttered, blinking wide eyes at the troll watching him. He had no clue what to say here, he didn't even know what she'd said. How rude would it be to ask she repeat herself? She might not like that he hadn't been listening and he'd already splashed water on her. Oh. Right.

"Ahh, s-s-sorry," Nictor said flinchingly, face scrunched ruefully. "F-for, uhm, t-the w----ater."

KitsuneAura

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 pm
Etsali waited patiently for him to work his way through it, that amused smile now decidedly settled in place. She'd never seen someone so thoroughly defeated by a water cooler before, but it seemed the experience had been a lasting one. Would he ease up once he was on his feet again? One way to find out, she supposed.

"That's alright, water's clean anyway." She wiggled the fingers of her free hand at him, the way she'd remind someone she was wearing gloves if they understood her fixation on that. This guy didn't, of course, but that was also alright. She moved on with a sudden click of her tongue. "That's been about a minute, don't you think?" In one smooth movement, she was back on her feet, helping hand extended.

Taki-di

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:40 pm
Rutaca Spuode
(Keionx Rutace)

Keionx was really excited to give her disguise a real test, and alongside Ephias no less.

This was his dream, wasn't it? Space? She remembered his desire for an observatory and how she'd tried to make him stairs to the top of the canyon. She'd run low on materials, but she'd gotten pretty high up - high enough to get a decent view. It had probably been a good thing she hadn't tried to build him an observatory back then, she had no idea how she would have done it.

Things had changed, but that dream hadn't. It was her heroic duty to help him - and Tevini, and Cerpin - achieve that dream. As his friend. As their teacher (and friend.) Oh, and help the Initiative's cause as well, but she was going to leave the complicated computer stuff to the people that knew how to use them, and knew what they were looking for. She was learning some basics, technology wise, but it was really (really, REALLY) better in their hands.

In the meantime, she floofed her hair, checked her disguise, and reminded herself that Ephias was going by Degras (a good, strong name!) and she was going by Rutaca (Basically her last name, but who would expect it as a first?) and that she would be fine. Just fine. She just had to stay in-character. Truly, I can do this. she reassured herself. There was no one here that she needed to be concerned about...

Quote:
Open to interaction. She is in disguise, VERY in disguise.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:33 pm
As the others talked, Tevini fell quiet. Mahmud excused himself and she bit her lip hoping it wasn't because of her presence. She'd never gotten a chance to apologize to him for that incident at the party. She felt bad about how she'd obviously upset him. The redblood contemplated following him to say something but felt a light nudge from Cerpin.

"What? Oh! Yes, we'll have limited access but..." Tevini's voice grew softer, one needed to strain to hear her now. She hoped they would understand it wasn't from shyness (though she certainly wouldn't blame them for thinking so) but rather trying to not be overheard.

"Perhaps we can manage to check out some of the lieutenant rooms to see what's going on." It was a bold move. She was going to have to only try and get bolder. Her earlier decision against Flydra had taught her that you sometimes found unexpected rewards from taking risks. They'd saved Stryke that way, hadn't they? If they were even half as successful as that operation had gone, who knew how many others they could save with the actions they did here? It scared her to push on like this but it was that or be left behind.

"Anyone interested?" She whispered.

Yamashii

nepsah

Buzzwulf

Doutei

Taki-di

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:15 pm
Well, she was smiling at least, and Nictor couldn't detect any obvious hints of maliciousness to it. So that was something right? He wasn't sure what she was smiling at though, maybe she was just being friendly? Or maybe it was funny how he smashed his face into the floor.

Unimportant, there was a waiting hand and fingers waggling as they waited for him to do something, presumably in relation to her first statement he did not hear. when did she stand up. What was the relevance of a minute having passed?

"Oh! Uhm, uh, y-y---yeah," Nictor managed, pressing his lips together and glancing away briefly. Agreeing was the easiest route here right? He just had no clue what he was agreeing to. how obvious was it he had no idea? Probably very. He really needed to get better at this whole social thing. Except also that meant being social more which was not exactly an enticing prospect for him.

The outstretched hand was, at the very least, a universal gesture he recognized these days and was getting better at not second guessing. Or, well, okay, Nictor still questioned it a bit, but tried to be more optimistic about it and take into consideration how the troll was acting. Did it look like she was gonna pull him up just to punch him in the throat? Not really. So. Okay, hand, take it, before he spaced again.

He nearly, nearly, grabbed her hand before his eyes darted back to the puddle he was pulling himself out of. Maybe he should think about how he was standing up more than not at all because if he just pulled himself up he could easily topple again, and this time he'd be bringing something a little more volatile than a water cooler with him. Nictor took his hand away, got his legs better pulled under himself, and then took the offered help. Carefully, he pulled himself up, making sure to plant his feet firmly.

Now he just needed to wait in place until the water dried from the soles of his shoes or be extremely aware of his foot movements as to not make another scene. Okay so he maybe should just stay here for a bit. and, you know, just hang out next to the crime scene. Yeah.

"O-Oh, t-thanks f-f-for the, uh, h---elp," Nictor stammered belatedly, offering a nervous attempt at a smile. His hand went to rub at his cheek except he had to stop almost immediately, grimacing as grit and water smeared at the motion. What, uh, what now? Did he try to make conversation? After that spectacle? What did he say what did he say. "I-I, uhm...uh."

Nictor grimaced down at the water spill on the floor. Yeah nope he had nothing.

KitsuneAura
im sorry he's an awkward bab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:29 pm
Vulpin clicked their tongue, letting out a dumb laugh, something far from their typical tone. "If you ask me, there's a few trolls that look a little weak for carnival rides, let alone zero g's," they leaned back, playing into the little game of socialization.

They pointed to a particularly weak-kneed looking lowblood. "Just like, you know that kid barfs on the tilt-a-whirl every time." They laughed again, smacking their gum. "Cotton candy just..." they made a hand motion in front of their mouth "bleghhh."

Gesturing to a distant midblood, they smiled again. "That one looks so nervous they might yak right here and now." They looked at their talking companion out of the corner of their eye. "I'm not so sure about you, either. Hey, at least you covered your mouth," Vulpin joked, letting out a softer chuckle.

Gl!tch~

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 am
Well, that answered that. He was just as twitchy on his feet as he had been on the ground. Etsali returned the smile easily enough, waited to see what he would do next, and was rewarded with nothing. He looked like he didn't intend to move from that spot at all. With a thoughtful hum, she wiped her hand on the side of her pants.

"Yeah, of course. I'm Faithe, by the way!" Normally she'd put a hand out for a handshake but she figured helping him up counted well enough. "And you know, just between me and you, I think maybe we ought to move away from here before they find some mops to throw at us. Not really the kind of volunteering I signed up for, you know?" Her head tilted.

"Though I guess at this point we'll both be leaving footprints, huh?"

Taki-di

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:25 am
Engrav nodded at the group, careful not to step on any toes here. Not his group, not his decision. Tevini made sense though. They could certainly try to pump their officer for information, at least a few details of how they'd be organized and what the work would be like. Engrav was secretly hoping for some kind of work coordinating communications, but... that seemed pretty unlikely. Maybe there'd be a lottery or something. Maybe there'd be a test.

"I think if we could pick up any info at all from the lieutenants, it'd be more to go on then what we have right now." Plus, he wanted to get a read on the troll's who had been trusted to lead volunteers out in space. He didn't feel the need to say that out loud though.

"Did you folks have any idea where you wanted to head first?"

nepsah

yamashii

doutei

Buzzwulf

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Engrav had a point- the place was pretty barebones, which... figured for a bunch of volunteers. Likely they were supposed to be kept in the dark, and depending on what would happen once they were off the planet, may not really be considered "worth much" if things went south. Then again he was probably just letting his imagination get the better of him. Probably. Tevini's suggestion seemed like it might yield better results, and Engrav seemed to agree. He nodded along. "There's just one for us, right?" He looked around the room. That lieutenant was going to be very... busy.

"We might as well meet them. Maybe get more information about what it is we're going to be doing." He'd take anything at this point- with no real preference for tasks other than to just be up there and actually be IN a ship. Okay, maybe he didn't want demolition duty. "There isn't a lot of places to go, just the recouperacoon area and that hallway." He pointed it out, then quirked a brow at the group. "That'll prolly take us to the office. Shall we?"

Yamashii

Doutei

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:52 pm
Nictor pulled his attention away from the ground when his current companion spoke up, causing both a sensation of relief but a burst of anxiety. Plus side, he was saved from his fumbling to try and think of what to say. Downside, now a conversation was actually starting and he really hoped she wouldn't be insulted about him being, well, him.

Talking to strangers was hard okay.

Nictor blinked at the now named Faithe. Well, she sounded friendly still and brushed off the helping hand easily enough. So that spoke of a pretty good troll right? He was still sort of awful at gauging this stuff, but she'd given him nothing to be cautious of so far, so maybe try not to overthink it too much.

Yeah like that'd work with him.

"Ahhh, I-I'm Nictor," he said. also brushing his hands off. His face took on a resigned look at the feeling of water logged clothes being shifted, the chill of fabric that hadn't quite been touching skin getting moved around. Gotta love it, spilling stuff all over yourself in a public place where you can't really change. Would being a stranger to this make the situation better or worse?

The mention of getting caught made Nictor straighten up and glance around. He didn't see anyone official looking, all he saw were the volunteer jumpsuits they were given and yet that did not settle the notion. Someone was sure to be in charge of keeping this place in order and no doubt they would not be happy with Nictor. At least it was water and not soda. That would have been really gross and dried all sticky and yech. Water and questionable dirt on his hair and skin was better than soda and questionable dirt. too bad the questionable dirt still had to be part of the equation.

"M-maybe, yeah. That. Hmm. I, uh, w-well, I-I c---aused the m-mess. I-I wouldn't m-m-mind he---lping, but, ah," Nictor paused, a resigned tired look taking up residence on his features. "I'd p-probably m---ake it w-w-worse."

He could just see himself slipping again the moment he put too much weight on the mop.

"Ah, y-yeah, s-s-sorry again," Nictor agreed, wincing slightly. He'd kinda got her implicated too, didn't he. That wasn't fair at all. She helped him up and happened to be nearby, but they were volunteers that could get put to work if they say fit, so. Taking responsibility probably wouldn't do much. H wasn't sure how obvious it was that he caused the problem or if he looked like the most ridiculous water spill victim ever and they'd assume someone shoved him into it. Still, the idea had some merit and he kinda didn't want to hange arund by the crime scene now that he was thinking about getting yelled at or questioned. "Maybe w-we sh---ould still g-go? Th-the w-water will dr----y. E-eventually."

KitsuneAura

Taki-di

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 pm
"There you go," Etsali said approvingly, just as soon as he'd gone from promising to help her mop to suggesting they leave the scene of the crime. "Now you're thinking like a winner." She cast a quick scan around the room, then motioned for him to follow without asking for a second opinion on the spot she'd picked to head towards. "Watch your step, Nictor, don't want to go down again." And off she went.

"Now I figure the next part of the plan," she continued along the way, assuming he was keeping up instead of actually checking. "Is to get you another jumpsuit. I don't know if they'll just give you another, but I'm sure we can find one just lying around if not, you know?"

Taki-di

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces