Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
Platinum Currency feature Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:44 am
Raven of the Darkened Sky

Checked the new towns (2) now. Works fine, got between 1-4 plats per clickable.
Not everyone had some, but the biggest part of them had.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:33 am
Marc Gosgosh

Checked the new towns (2) now. Works fine, got between 1-4 plats per clickable.
Not everyone had some, but the biggest part of them had.

Oh, cool! Thanks!! smile  

Playful Phantom

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:42 am
One of these days I will write a (small) guide for the NSTG on the new currency. Might post it in here, as well, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:10 pm
Pwnder
Can't sell anything on the MP for 1G anymore, it will round it up to 10m. I wonder how this will effect the item that have always been sold for under 10m.

Bidding has not changed though, users can bid as low as 1G. I assume this only applies to those who have not switched to the platinum currency.

How do we convert gold to Platinum anyways to start with, again? sweatdrop

Silverstar_Cross

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 pm
I found a thread with a gold to platinum conversion chart. ^_^* http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/platinum-gold-conversion-table/t.102920981/  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:39 pm
This doesn't actually DO anything regarding inflation, so it seems premature for what it could do.

And that's basically moving the decimal up several places. It'd be a nice way to clean up post-inflation prices, but I'd say it'd be better to do that after getting the plummeting value of currencies under control.  

Fanciful Dreamer

Cute Confectioner

15,075 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:43 am
Keeping prices down only works when no one is willing to buy and sellers are willing to lower prices after failing to sell. Gaia gold is fake money and most economic laws fly out the window when currency becomes meaningless in the eyes of the people.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:27 am
My small guide on the gold mode - plat mode differences in currency output; posted in the NSTG.

I know, I know. It's shameless advertisement both of my own work and the NSTG but I hope this is ok. I can port the guide to the R:G if y'all want that. biggrin

Disclaimer: I went a bit for both sides -> spreading awareness about the (hyper-)inflation and how to make the most money. It's contradictory, yes. But then again it's meant for newbies to understand Gaia a bit better.

Any suggestions/recommendations/corrections are very welcome. 3nodding  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:08 am
I don't like the fewer zeros any more. The new feature only made things increase in base value.

I don't want to switch to platinum and pretend the problem doesn't exist.

I'm only reminded when I try to buy or sell anything less than 10(M) because that means the problem is 10 million times bigger than it was 4 years ago.
10 million times harder to over come the issues Gaia already has.

If it weren't Gaia, where 10 million is not much, then normally that would be impossible odds.

I'll knock off a few zeros myself and say it just became 10 times harder. That seems a bit better 3nodding
Still... a lot of hard work...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:18 am
Pwnder
I don't like the fewer zeros any more. The new feature only made things increase in base value.

I don't want to switch to platinum and pretend the problem doesn't exist.

I'm only reminded when I try to buy or sell anything less than 10(M) because that means the problem is 10 million times bigger than it was 4 years ago.
10 million times harder to over come the issues Gaia already has.

If it weren't Gaia, where 10 million is not much, then normally that would be impossible odds.

I'll knock off a few zeros myself and say it just became 10 times harder. That seems a bit better 3nodding
Still... a lot of hard work...

Well it is a work in progress system and they will adjust the payouts based on how necessary it is to do so. I have noticed that Daily Chances that give you Platinum rarely give you more than 1P, so that in my eyes is a good thing. Also I think for users that don't do much on the site like myself that the Platinum system is rather fair since in the 2 months that I've been on it, I've made more than 13 billion gold whereas in the 6 months prior to it, I probably made around anywhere between 500,000 and 10 million gold. I think for those who are super casual Gaia users like me that this is a blessing in disguise.

Maybe the solution is Gaia making an algorithm that determines whether or not a user should be on the Gold system or the Platinum system based off how casual or hardcore a user they are. If they are farming the s**t outta Platinum then maybe they should be forced to only be allowed to use the Gold system, whereas those who are more casually should be automatically be put on the Platinum system. Sure I guess people could get around that by making mule accounts, but I'm sure they could easily determine whether someone is trying to cheat the system by being super casual on mule accounts to farm Platinum in them. Maybe just make an algorithm that prevents new accounts to trade all of their Platinum and items to more active and hardcore users accounts. I mean I doubt it would be that hard to determine if an account is a mule account or just a normal user based off their trading habits or even the IP address of the computer that the various accounts are accessing the site from. Anyways that's just a possible idea; I'm not sure if it would actually work or not if put into practice as well as it sounds like it would work in theory.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:35 am
Lanzer

Platinum Earning increased, Booty Grab Fixed

There was a bug that was affecting the platinum grant calculation. Now that the bug is fixed, platinum earning should be increased across the board!

Booty grab had also been fixed. The platinum reward amount for booty grab should be fixed soon.

So I logged in, did the daily chance from the Gaia homepage and B00M! 102 plat. Posted 2 posts in guilds and both times I got more than 70 plats. surprised sad

They seem to lose their pretend rather quickly that the plat update would be beneficial and battle the inflation. emotion_puke  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games