Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Homeward Bound Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:32 pm
Abel accepted the dish with a smile and a kiss to Zevran's temple before he moved to put it away in a nearby cabinet.

Joanna beamed brightly. "Or another recipe to add to that lovely book you made for me, perhaps? If it isn't already in there! If it's not I'd love to add it," she said, aiming a smile at Zevran that promptly morphed to a grin. "Flatterer!"

"I tell him that all the time," Abel put in with a small grin.

His mother chuckled a bit as she began to wash a slotted spoon in the sink. "That kind of hot chocolate sounds wonderful, I'd love to try and make it while you're here. Do you have anything with it? And there's one or two stores like that around here, though even some of the normal grocery stores carry some types of European chocolate, though I don't know how much more expensive it is. And let me know if you get tired dear, I appreciate your help with the dishes but I don't want to wear you out, especially not this early in the day!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:56 am
"It isn't in there as it happens, it can be our first entry together," Zevran replied cheerfully, passing the pan to Abel and taking the chance to lean an elbow on the counter. "I'm fine for now, thank you," he lied, casually and convincingly with a wave of his free hand. "And I brought a polaroid camera, just a cheap one, so we can take pictures and stick them in to the book if you like. With hot chocolate you have churros; the breakfast of champions, or more precisely of working men around Antiva. You need a sugar boost first thing in the morning to get over last night's wine! The hot chocolate is thick enough that you can dip them if you wish, truly decadent."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:53 pm
The thought of their first joint entry in her new book made Joanna beam brighter than before, if such a thing were possible, but with an effort she managed to reign in her excitement and nodded her head, taking her sweet time washing the spoon in the sink. "Alright dear, if you're sure. And I think pictures would be lovely! That hot chocolate sounds lovely too, we should definitely make that and churros while you're here," she said happily, finally finishing up the spoon and passing it over to him. "Is your churro recipe in there too?"

Abel moved to lean on the counter near Zev and leaned in to kiss his shoulder, though he glanced keenly up at his face. Was he really okay? Really really? He looked okay, and he said he was fine, but he felt he knew better than anyone whenever Zevran claimed he was fine when he actually wasn't. Gods knew he'd done so plenty of times -- and he'd done the very same himself often enough too. But he looked alright for now, so he was probably fine. Probably.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 am
Zevran accepted the spoon with a smirk, a smirk which was soon explained when he twirled it in his hand and used the end to tab Abel gently on the nose just as he straightened up from kissing his shoulder. "You're cute," he informed Abel with a wink; he didn't think he would ever get tired on so much casual affection.

He was tired in general though. Maybe he would have to bow out with the job half done after all; he would prefer not to but better that than collapsing in the middle of the kitchen or something, that would be humiliating and it would probably make Abel panic a bit.

"Churros are in there," Zevran confirmed as he dried the spoon off and offered it to Abel. "I think about half way through? There is a piece of paper in the back with a temporary index, I hadn't decided whether to do it by sections or alphabetically. If the latter, it will need to wait until the book is complete."

He was definitely starting to feel a bit... a bit not quite right. One more item, then he'd go and sit down.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:59 am
"Ha," Abel chuckled, trying to aim a smirk right back but it ended up being an endearing smile instead, "not as cute as you."

Joanna smiled warmly as she picked up a glass and began to wash that next. Rather than comment on their affectionate behavior she went on, "Wonderful! I didn't see the index, I'll have to pull that out later and have a look at it. I think doing it by sections is fine though. If we want to do it alphabetically, we can do that later and just have two indexes!"

Abel accepted the spoon from his love and resisted the immense urge to gently swat him with it, instead opting to put it away like he should.

"Thank you again though Zevran, it's such a lovely, thoughtful gift. One of the best I've ever received, I think!" Joanna added, aiming a pleased smile at him as she finished washing the glass and offering it to him to dry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:22 am
Zevran smiled at Joanna, though the expression looked perhaps a little distant. "Ahh, you're welcome. I'm glad you like it so much."

He took the glass obediently and looked at it. He was definitely supposed to be doing something with it, drying it, yes? Yes. He dried the inside carefully, wondering vaguely if somebody's phone was going; that would explain the strange ringing noise. Terrible ringtone though.

But, finish drying the glass. He started to wipe the outside with the cloth but his fingers felt clumsy, he should probably put the glass down actually. Good idea. He turned towards the counter to do that but the glass was wet, slippery, or perhaps he just let it go without realising? He watched it fall towards the floor with a hazy detachment and fumbled towards the counter; the glass smashed and his legs started to buckle.

s**t.

s**t.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 am
Aww, nothing? Well maybe he... hm. He didn't exactly... look too good. He probably needed to sit down in a minute, once he finished with the glass.

Joanna smiled over at him, though her warm gaze turned more than a little searching as she picked up a dish and began to wash it next.

And then he turned towards the counter, the glass slipped out of his grip before he could set it down, and then he started to fall before he could reach the counter too.

Abel sucked in a breath as his hands darted out to grab Zevran's arm while his mother gasped and dropped the plate back into the sink, but her reactions weren't as quick. "Careful--"

"I've got him," he said, voice firm despite the way his heart had started hammering in his chest. In a moment he pulled Zevran's arm over his shoulders and swept the other under his legs so he could, with effort, pick him up. Hopefully he didn't exacerbate his injuries or anything - it was difficult to tell, but easy to know that something was definitely up with the way his boyfriend seemed to tense and freeze in his arms - but broken glass would definitely make them worse, so he carefully turned and took cautious steps over to the table while his mother grabbed a broom from the corner of the kitchen to begin sweeping up the broken pieces. "Alright, here you go," Abel said gently as he bent down to carefully set his boyfriend down in a chair.

Before he could say anything else his mother piped in, despite the glass she was now absently sweeping up, more focused on peering over at them anxiously. "Are you alright dear?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:53 am
It was hard to think with the blood singing in his ears and head head spinning but he knew he'd ******** up; he was being dragged somewhere and he couldn't exactly resist. After a few moments he was released but he wasn't stupid enough to think he'd got away with it; he'd been put him in a chair, were they going to tie him to it? They were probably going to tie him to it. Eugh, no, no thank you! Being tied down always made things worse.

Zevran pushed himself unsteadily to his feet and stumbled away a couple of paces until his shoulder found a wall; he slid down against it into a hunched ball with his head ducked down, forearms raised to protect his face, and his jaw set against the pain in his chest and pre-emptively against whatever punishment was going to come his way.

Now, if the world would just stop spinning that would really help.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:05 am
Well that was-- This was... a thing. Both Abel and his mom froze, watching as Zev pushed himself up and tried to walk away, though Abel didn't dare let him go too far lest he completely pass out and hurt himself. Thankfully he sat down on the floor - realistically that was probably better than a chair, which he could still hurt himself falling out of - but that didn't fix the sudden, worried aching in his heart. "Hey, sweetheart, are you okay?" He asked as he dropped down to his knees near his boyfriend, watching him anxiously as he gently, tentatively brushed his fingertips over one of his forearms. This was... this wasn't right. Something was wrong. He could understand almost passing out and dropping a glass in consequence, but he could walk - sort of - and wasn't saying anything. It was more than a little concerning.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:14 am
The brush of fingers on his forearm sent a shiver down his spine; he squeezed his eyes shut, heart hammering in his chest. Why tease him like this? ******** sadist. "¿Could you just get on with it?" he asked hazily. "I had plans. Ah. And not the face." Stupid things to say but he could never resist and besides, he rather thought they liked the spirit. They would hurt him anyway of course, he had made a mistake, but the quip would do his reputation no harm....

What had he been planning to do today? Shooting? In the countryside? That wasn't....

He felt as though there was another world trying to tug at his attention, or maybe that was just the faintness talking.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:20 am
Further in the kitchen, Joanna ceased her sweeping.

Abel's heart promptly sank down into his shoes. What was wrong? Get on with what? He was fine one minute and the next -- was he worried he'd hit him? Had nearly passing out messed with his head a little? Anxiousness increasing, Abel reminded himself to breathe before he tried again. "Zevran, look at me," he begged gently, so gently, and reached his hands out to just as gently coax his arms away, to cup his cheek, doing his best to keep his touch as light as possible as he bent down a bit so he could peer into his love's face. "It's me, sweetheart, you know I'd never hurt you -- never."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:34 am
Ah, s**t, no sense of humour? He shouldn't have mentioned the face...

Yet the voice he could make out through the ringing of his ears - familiar voice - was soothing.

Zevran didn't resist as his arms were pulled away from his face but he didn't look up or open his eyes either. "If you break my nose I'll be really unhappy," he mumbled but he sounded a little bit uncertain, confused perhaps.

Something definitely wasn't right.

Zevran risked cracking open an eye; a blurred figure was kneeling in front of him, it....

Oh, s**t.

Abel.

That was Abel. He was in Joanna's kitchen.

s**t.

Abel had just heard him saying... And worse, Joanna had probably heard too. Now what was he going to do? Somehow he didn't think laughing it off was going to work but with his head still spinning he couldn't think of a better plan.

Zevran opened his other eye and laughed awkwardly. "Oh. Ah. Hello. I think I ah... I was not myself for a moment there. Did I drop something?" He still felt dizzy and weak and he could smell the hot foetid aroma of the apprentice quarters but he was definitely sitting on the kitchen floor with Abel kneeling in front of him, a gentle hand cupping his cheek.

s**t.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:45 am
Break his nose? Who would--

Zevran thought he would.

Before his heart could shatter into so many tiny little pieces though, Zevran seemed to cautiously open his eyes before finally coming back to himself. What happened though, why did he seem to almost lose track of himself, of where he was and who he was with? Not that that was important at the moment.

Switching tracks, Abel aimed a soft smile at his love and shifted to kneel beside him so he could carefully wrap his arms around his shoulders. "Hello handsome. You did drop something, but don't worry about it. You kind of weren't yourself there for a moment though, yeah," he said gently, holding him close as one hand slid up to comb his fingers through Zevran's fine blond hair, not noticing the quiet sounds of the broom sweeping or the muffled tinkling of broken glass, "but you're okay, I've got you. D'you want to go sit on the couch or somewhere more comfortable in a minute or two?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:53 am
Zevran closed his eyes again - closed rather than squeezed tight shut - and leaned against Abel's reassuring warmth. "Mmmh, that sounds like a good idea. I was going to sit down as soon as I dried the glass... Which I suppose technically I did." Zevran chuckled darkly. "It was rather more abrupt than I had intended on though. Sorry, I didn't mean to worry you." As he spoke Zevran wrapped his arms around himself to hide how his hands had started shaking; he could still smell the old place and his heart was still racing as though it still thought he was going to be hurt even though his head knew he was safe. He hated this. Was it possible that Joanna hadn't heard? He wasn't sure how loudly he had been speaking.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:22 am
When Zev leaned into him, the taller blond didn't hesitate to wrap him up safe and warm in his arms, nor did he hesitate to press a soft kiss atop his head. "Yes, technically you did," he agreed with a ghost of a smile, quietly noting but not commenting on the fast pace of his heart or his breathing, "but that's okay. Don't worry about any of it, sweetheart. When you feel a bit better we can go sit on the couch... or we can go upstairs if you'd prefer, and sit in bed?" The couch was closer, but given Zevran's private nature... perhaps secluding themselves away in their bedroom would be better? "Whatever you want to do."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff