User Image
Lavi Nishino, Kosei's Student Vice-Prez
"...Don't judge me for who I am not...judge me for the person that I am..."

The energy that the Flower Girl radiated was palpable in the room around her, and as she laughed and tried to wave away the idea that they were on a date, explain that she was just hungry and wanted to take on the challenge out of a competitive spirit, and took only a moment to be self-conscious about eating so much in front of a boy before getting right back into the spirit of the challenge, it was impossible for her companion not to smirk just a little. It was ordering a water on top of all that, however, rather than something more delicious...almost as if doing so would be enough to save her the calories that he crepe would add (not that either of them cared about calories)...that finally earned another amused raise of an eyebrow form the Vice-President of Kosei's Student Council. He didn't question it, though. Instead, he raised a hand and smiled in that easy, comforting way that made so many people at their school let down their guard and trust him with their problems. It was disarming, kind, and undeniably handsome for a young man his age. Beside the table the chef wrote down their orders with a practiced ease, though he lingered a moment longer even after they had spoken their desires.

"There's no need to be self-conscious, Ikebana-chan. If you say you can handle it, then I believe you," the young man told her with a slightly encouraging smile, though the tiny curl at the corner of his lips spoke to a curious amusement that would be appeased whether she succeeded or failed at the crepe challenge. But no mistake, he was supporting her. He was having...fun? Yes, definitely. And the chef seemed to notice, a surprised and pleasant laugh escaping him as he looked the girl over with an approving glint in his eye.

"Well-spoken, Flower Girl. When you see a challenge, you can't help but face it head on," he hummed gruffly, before casting a playfully challenging gaze at her not-date across from her, "You've got more guts than the kid here, anyway. He's never even tried the Meteor Crepe Challenge before."

"That's because you put bitter dark-chocolate flakes on top..." Lavi explained, his level of disdain for dark chocolate a secret few knew, but he wasn't exactly hiding on purpose. Chef Kaito laughed in response.

"More like it's because you can't handle it." the owner of the Ristorante teased in a gruff voice, before turning back to the girl with a smirk, "I like your style. You might actually be good for this guy."

The Vice-President's eyes couldn't have rolled harder.

"Ikebana-chan..." he returned his attention to her, pointedly ignoring the chef until he slipped his pad into his pocket and headed to the back to get to work on their meals, "Do your best."

This was going to be interesting.