Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
[RP Raffle] A Narrow Escape - Winner and secrets announced! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:49 am
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Phail Ninja
Who are you entering with? Timbira
Link to the RP you're using: N/A
Prompt response:

Timbira gave a shaky pause, and cast a nervous eye about herself. "M-my luckiest m-moment?" Her whole body wracked with anxious tremors, but as she focused her mind she found some control, her muscles gently relaxing until the tremors were but a quiet whisper across her skin. "M-must be when I met D-Dathuil. Thunderous night, giant storm. B-but there's something so... freeing about it. Looking back, it was a miracle we didn't get struck down by lightning, s-soaring through the skies like we did. But instead we f-found each other, and I had my sons. D-Dathuil is g-gone now. But my sons live on. They are my luckiest adventure."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:05 am
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: hanging gallow
Who are you entering with? Terror Incognita
Link to the RP you're using: None
Prompt response:
Terror was no stranger to danger, no instead it seemed to follow her no matter where she went. It trailed along beside her, beckoning for more to follow along with her as if doing its best attempt to gather a party, a celebration of the misfortune. Scrappy, the hare who had lived and pretty much raised her from foal hood, insisted she had the worst luck that anyone had ever accumulated in their life, but he also insisted she had the best of luck to match it. It was as if she had enough luck that no matter what sort of situation she got herself into, no matter how much the danger seemed to close in, to threaten the mare’s life that she some always seemed to escape. Because of this nothing ever seemed to be dull around her, and Scrappy insist that as long as her life wasn’t dull he was going to make sure he would trail alongside her gleaming every story of her life.

For example there was this terrific story about Terror when she was younger, somewhere in her young adult almost teen like years where she had found herself lost, this was to say lost more so than normal. Terror has a terrible sense of direction and being lost is a rather common state for her to be in, so this involved her being quite lost and quite alone and quite terrified of what was going to happen to her. It had been rumored in those parts that a great beast had slumbered, its snores could be heard throughout all of the woods and anyone who dared to get too close would find the ground trembling beneath their hooves and eyes that glowed from the darkness. Well Terror being her natural self had taken a left turn instead of right, maybe a few too many left turns when she should have turned right and found herself cowering in fear as the rumbles slowly began to grow louder and louder. Despite desperately wanting to get out of there, she found herself soon face to face with this beast of the forest. Words seemed to escape her lips as she tried to creep away, or around, or in some sort of direction that didn’t depend being near it when it decided to wake up. Well of course with her oddity of luck, the young mare had managed to not only bump into a log while being too busy staring at the slumbering beast but to knock the precariously perched log off its ledge and listen to it crash it’s down the steep hill. The beast in the cave of course woke up grumbling, its breath crawling along every inch of the ground like fog as it snorted angrily causing Terror quivered in her spot. The ground beneath her hooves of course shook, but convulsed even more violently than it had before as a thunderous roar began to fill the air. Still frozen to the spot Terror watched as the beast shifted, its eyes now glowing from the dark the roar growing louder and louder.

Then CRUNCH, CRASH, COLLUSIONS ALL AROUND as the caved slowly started to collapse in on itself crushing or trapping the beast inside. Terror, ran, ran as fast her her little hooves would carry her never looking back at the seemingly narrow escape. As Scrappy has said before, she is rather oddity in the terms of luck, think of it as a lucky un-luck.

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:06 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: tefla
Who are you entering with? Rigel Trinity
Link to the RP you're using: Link While out exploring with his sister Rigel (and Thierry) fall into a swollen river and are most certainly done for until two strangers come to their rescue
Prompt response: N/A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:09 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Thalea
Who are you entering with? Indilwen
Link to the RP you're using:
Prompt response:
She would never consider herself to be a lucky mare; she has already encountered enough grief to last her a life time. Father murdered by a stallion not quite sane and then said father comes back to “life” but cannot remember anything from before or after the attack. His memory is wiped clean each time he falls asleep. Yes, perhaps she is lucky to have her father back in her life, but he stopped being the stallion she loved when he “died”. He is now a completely different person and her heart breaks each time she introduces herself to him.

The green mare stared out at the sea. Many moons ago, back when she had thought her father dead and was engulfed in a veil of grief there was one stallion who took it upon himself to make her happy. He had confused his love to her, but in her state, she could only panic as her mind went blank on her feelings for him. She had feelings for him, but she was not sure if it was love. Thankfully, the stallion understood and did not press her. They continued to travel together and slowly Indi began to warm to the idea of loving Eyota back.

Was she then lucky? She had found a stallion who stuck with her even though her first response to his proclamation of love was to flee? And even now he remains with her, after the discovery that her father is not truly dead and her hurricane of emotions following that revelation. Indi had begun to worry that she only loved Eyota because he was there for her in her darkest hour, that her desire to be loved had caused her to attach herself to the one who said he loved her. Through all of this he remained true, his love did not waiver. He was like a rock in her raging river of emotions. Without Eyota, Indi was sure she would have gone insane.

A flash of green caught her eye as her father and Eyota slowly approached. They were in deep conversation and not paying Indi any mind as her thoughts wondered over the concept of luck. As always her heart lurched at seeing her father and the scars he bore physically and mentally. She smiled at the two of them, glad that Eyota was so accepting of her father and the hardships that they all now faced.

Her father turned his gaze to her and gave a wide smile; he had just met his daughter for the first time that morning and was enjoying conversing with her and her mate. It was a bitter sweet happiness that Indi felt when she returned her father’s dazzling smile. In that smile she realized something, yes she had faced a lot of hardships in her past, but those had helped her become the mare she is. She was lucky to have found a stallion who would stick through her torrent of emotions and she was lucky to have her father back in her life. So yes, she was a pretty lucky mare after all.

WC: 517

Thalea

Devoted Mage

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:23 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: AstoriaFallen
Who are you entering with? Selatiel
Link to the RP you're using: Siblings, Sel goes out exploring and by some chance discovers her older half brother.
Prompt response: n/a

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:52 am
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: ProphetOfProfit
Who are you entering with? Rosewynn DeLuna
Link to the RP you're using: Winter Greetings Interacting with family members, friends, fun, and a new romance.
Prompt response: If you do not have and do not wish to create a RP on this topic, please post a roleplay response here.

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:25 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Uta
Who are you entering with? Bella
Link to the RP you're using: N/A
Prompt response: The cream coated mare gave a shake of her mane, and stamped her hoof gently on the ground. Golden eyes considered the question, about what her luckiest moment might be. It didn't take a lot of thought, not really. While she considered herself very lucky, she knew darn well that her luck had shone through shortly after meeting the crabby and somewhat grumpy Azumoth.

"I had gone down to the stream with a friend of mine," she explained, thinking back on those younger day. "We had nothing much planned for the day, and had stopped by to get a drink. We were young and silly, and hadn't much of a care in the world. A shadow passed over us, and before I knew what was going on, a kalona mare had landed. Oh, she was about as young as I had been at the time, gorgeous and terrifying at once. Malice was her name, and it's a name I don't think I'll ever forget." A small shiver danced up her spine, though she gave a shake to hide such a thing. "I don't know what we did -- perhaps he simply needed to feel powerful, or perhaps had some trouble at home, or maybe she just plum didn't like others -- but she did not want to leave without a fight. I was read to retreat, but my foolish friend -- Meshach was his name, I believe -- didn't take kindly to her threats."

This is where the mare heaved a heavy sigh, full of regret. She paused, giving her thick tail another shake, before continuing. "Of course, that didn't help anything. A fight did break out, but the kalona had the upper hoof, given she had wings. We did manage to get out, though I wear a few scars even now. She scared me from my plains, and drove me right to the the heart of the mountains and its woods. I used to be afraid of the woods, but after the plains betrayed me, that way where I sought refuge. Though the attack was bad, and senseless, she did drive me right back to Azumoth, who would heal me, and save me, and soon become the love of my life." She smiled fondly of her grumpy mate. "We've lived a good life together. While I don't know what caused the kalona to attack, perhaps nothing more than the shenanigans of the spirits, but I am lucky to have lived and luckier still to have raced towards my destiny."

Perhaps that was sappy, but Bella didn't care. It was strange how out of the ashes of fear and pain, love and kindness and good things could truly grow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:36 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Summer Raaven
Who are you entering with? Vanilla Swirl
Link to the RP you're using: n/a
Prompt response:

The seasoned mare stood atop a small hill in her mate's herdlands, overlooking the events for the evening. This life, this new-found, simple life was the grandest of them all, and it was more than she could have ever hoped for. If luck had ever been on her side, she was certainly blinded by what it could have truly brought her...nothing in her life measured up to this. She was happy.

All those years ago, when her life first began, Vanilla Swirl thought herself lucky to have a mother and a father who loved her. Then...as any child wouldn't, she did not see the end coming. Her mother, leaving her with her father, and taking off, never to be seen again. Her mother, stealing her brother, her soul mate, and leaving her behind. She didn't understand...was she not good enough? Vanilla knew herself to be a bit ditsy like her father, but unable to have a mother's love? So she grew up without a mother, and envious of all the little fillies who did, she began to harbor hatred toward her gender. All females -- mothers, daughters, sisters, friends....they were worthless, pointless. They would steal the stallions in her life, one by one by one, until she had nothing left.

When her father re-mated with Evelyn, Vanilla snapped. How dare that mare take her father from her, how dare she think she better than Vanilla. So, acting out as anyone would, she got herself pregnant. Ah, finally, a bit of luck! A family to call her own, no need to worry about girls and their selfish, crazy ways -- she had a mate, and soon to be sons! That was, until said stallion took off on her, leaving her with nothing but heartbreak. She would have recovered decently enough, if it wasn't for the fact that her boys chose to follow their father, like she was some kind of horrendous monster. They apparently couldn't stand her as a mother. Vanilla was down and out on luck, wondering if life had the possibility to get better, when another stallion entered her life, just as robust and charming as the former.

Life seemed normal, finally, and Vanilla Swirl couldn't have dreamed of something more storybook. Oh, she would have left him eventually, she knew this deep down in her heart -- she didn't love him, she didn't love anyone like her father -- but, he was there. He was a warm body, capable of putting a smile on her face, and letting her forget the past. When the two of them found themselves in an unexpected predicament, the mare wondered if he's stay, if not for her, but the kids. She'd do this right this time, she'd raise boys again, strong and mighty, and protective of the weak. Yes! It was an absolute dream come true!! ...Until she birthed a daughter. One, and one son, as well. She couldn't believe it, how dare the universe curse her with this...thing!! She'd grow up to be a man-stealing b***h, just like the rest of them. Vanilla was disgusted.

But she took the daughter in, just as she had her son, and tried to make the most out of her situation. She'd give this awkward parenting thing a go, even if one of her kid's was utterly undesirable. However, just as before, the stallion left her behind, taking his son and leaving the daughter, never to have been heard from again. Now Vanilla not only lost her mate and son for the second time, she was stuck with a daughter. She considered herself a decent mare, so she didn't abandon the little filly outright, but she wasn't too keen on raising her, either. But she knew that if she ever wanted to win her father's heart back, and take him away from that father-stealing mare, she'd have to be a good mom. Show him she could be worth it, too. So raise the girl she did -- Rainbow Sherbert, she ended up calling her -- and unfortunately for her, the girl never quite left her mother's side. Why did the boys always have to go? Why couldn't it have been her? It wasn't until adulthood that Bertie finally left, and good-riddance to her.

...And then, Vanilla Swirl met yet another stallion, this one even better than the first two!! He was the son of her father's friend, it was like a gift from the heavens! This one, she knew, would stay!! They were mad for one another, the passion igniting every inch of her soul. When they got pregnant, they were both thrilled, and Vanilla vowed to make this one her best one yet. The stallion seemed to want to stay, and she believed him, she really did. But as luck would have it, he too, left her broken-hearted. And again, he took their son with him when he left, leaving behind....a daughter. Vanilla Swirl was livid -- all her life she wanted a son to stay with her and call her mom, and yet....she was mother to two ungrateful, ugly daughters!! Luck was definitely never on her side. She was vindictive, crazy, and cold toward her daughter, and that's when Rainbow Sherbert started to reappear. She claimed it was to protect Tiramisu, the youngest girl, and Vanilla begged her to just take her off her hooves so she wouldn't have to be a mother again. It was too much, she was cursed with daughters and she hated it...

It stayed that way for a long time, Vanilla folding in on herself, becoming a shell, until....a forth stallion came along. This one has no adjectives worthy enough to describe, he was beyond what her little mind could comprehend. He was....kind. How could a kind soul such as his ever love a bitter, old, and vindictive one like hers? She never quite understood. But they fell in love, deeply, and real this time. She moved with him to his herdlands, finally having a place to call home. When the kids came, she had a daughter, and two sons, and they stayed, and they loved her, and she them. Her first two daughters, Rainbow Sherbert & Tiramisu had also come around again, and Vanilla found the courage to apologize to them. This was what happiness was...

So she stood on that hilltop, reflecting on her wild life. It wasn't she was unlucky, she just.....never knew what luck really was. She kept opening the wrong doors, and pushing the wrong people away. She was confused, lost....lonely. But not anymore. She got a second chance, and for that she was forever grateful. Luck had nothing to do with it.

....Or did it?

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:36 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: AislingJuno
Who are you entering with? Regin
Prompt response: "I was born in the dark woods. A place where the sun only enter through beams of light. It was a mystical place, but I felt like I need to leave and see the world outside the woods. Perhaps the reason for my unrest was born in the fact that I did not have wings. My father did not have wings, but my mother and all my siblings were gifted wings. In the beginning I felt bitterness over this fact and I decided to travel to a place where wings were not common. I traveled far from home, so far I somehow ended up in a inhospitable land. The desert was scorching hot and water was nowhere to be found. I thought I was going to die, but in my moment of need a stallion appeared in front of me. He saved me by sharing his knowledge of the desert lands. I was lucky he found me and luckier that he shared his knowledge with me. Soon he became my mate and while we don't spend all our time together we have created our own form of love."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:56 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: AislingJuno
Who are you entering with? Glyssa
Prompt response: Well, I think on the whole I'm pretty lucky. I mean, I get in scrapes often. However things tend to go my way. I'm often told I live life on the dangerous side. My mother used to chastise me, saying I should realize my own size. However I don't think size should hold you back. I know I'm a seathi but i've never felt small. I think if you're small you should learn to fight back in whatever way possible. If you have to fight dirty you should. You should do whatever you need to to win. Others are always going to underestimate you because of your size. I've only been in real trouble a couple of times, and the feeling of being helpless is not an experience I like to dwell on. Except for one time, the time when I first met marrow. I had grown curious about unusual plant. I had never seen this type of kelp before. It's bulbs were bright yellow and it had vibrant green spots on the leaves. Curious, I investigated the kelp. As I came close to it and touched it . I realized the bulbs/pods were sticky. I had unwittingly became stuck to one of the bulbs. I fought to get free but the sticky mess entrapped me. I struggled until I became weak, I had almost given up hope. When a mer came upon me, he freed me from the kelp. I was grateful but I was a bit ashamed I had gotten myself into the mess to begin with. He was such a handsome mer that I didn't want him to see my helpless side. However later on I saved him several times and he's saved me. Now we don't keep track of how many times each a save the other. Though I admit I still secretly count.

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 59 ... 11!

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Thank you Phail for stepping in and creating a list for this one. <3

Without further adieu, I am going to roll for March so that we may commence with April!

Remember that if you entered this time around you are eligible for secrets even if you didn't win.

1. DarkenWoodWolf
  2. DarkenWoodWolf
  3. spelldancer
  4. Kara Asumie
    Calixita [Secrets Only]
    Calixita [Secrets Only]
  5. Rein_Carnation
  6. Rein_Carnation
    Faithofthefallen [RP Too Old]
    Faithofthefallen [RP Too Old]
  7. ~Latonia de la Courtel~
  8. ~Latonia de la Courtel~
  9. Cheyriddle4
  10. Cheyriddle4
  11. Kettyn
  12. Kettyn
  13. HoneyTeaTree
  14. HoneyTeaTree
  15. belloblossom
  16. belloblossom
  17. belloblossom
  18. belloblossom
  19. Ryuukishin
  20. JetAlmeara
  21. catmagick
  22. catmagick
  23. AislingJuno
  24. AislingJuno
    Jackariah Beckett [Secrets Only]
    Jackariah Beckett [Secrets Only]
  25. AislingJuno
  26. AislingJuno
  27. AislingJuno
  28. AislingJuno
  29. Kyjoto
  30. Kyjoto
  31. Nyx Queen of Darkness
  32. Nyx Queen of Darkness
    Nyx Queen of Darkness ** Double Check With Cherie
  33. Nyx Queen of Darkness
  34. Nyx Queen of Darkness
  35. tefla
  36. tefla
  37. Mewsings of An Angel
  38. Mewsings of An Angel
  39. Kyjoto
  40. Kyjoto
  41. LOLTERNATIVE
  42. Phail Ninja
  43. hanging gallow
  44. tefla
  45. tefla
  46. Thalea
  47. Thalea
  48. AstoriaFallen
  49. AstoriaFallen
  50. ProphetOfProfit
  51. ProphetOfProfit
  52. Uta
  53. Uta
  54. Summer Raaven
  55. Summer Raaven
  56. AislingJuno
  57. AislingJuno
  58. AislingJuno
  59. AislingJuno

(Phail was here!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Kettyn

User Image

If you are still eligible for a March freebie, this octopus is yours! Please let me know if you would like them. <3

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Kettyn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:58 pm
Mx Cherie

Kettyn

User Image

If you are still eligible for a March freebie, this octopus is yours! Please let me know if you would like them. <3

I am still eligible. I would love this beautiful octopus  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:44 pm
IT'S SECRET TIME!
User Image
This month's item is a "Fairy Circle". Is it lucky or unlucky to step inside a circle? I guess you'll have to find out!

Apologies for the delay, I got distracted by my time off. <3

[b]Link to pony uncert & cert:[/b]
[b]Mushroom colour[/b]
[b]Ladybug?[/b]

All item soq will need to be posted for recerting in General Certing; please use the form provided below!

[size=15][b]Item Addition[/b][/size]

[img]CERT[/img]
[img]ITEM UNCERT[/img]

[b]Colorist:[/b] LOLTERNATIVE

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100