Reply CHATTERBOX
A Beacon of Light: A Furious Styles Commemoration

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of Apokolips

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:52 pm
How does one identify the greatest deeds a man has done? Especially when that man has done so many of said deeds for so many people? How do you recognize the one that will define him? That was something I had to ask myself when I decided I would write this thread to honor the man known as Johnny, more popularly known as Furious Styles, the creator of this guild that we all find ourselves a part of. Johnny was a man that had touched the hearts of many and whose dreams and goals had a far out reaching effect on all those that had involved themselves with him. Some good and some bad. I would be lying if I said that Johnny was perfect, lord knows he wasn't. But he was a man that commanded respected regardless if you liked him or not. He was a man that lived by simple rules. The golden rules in fact. Treat others as you wish to be treated and that respect is earned, not given.

Some people would say that Johnny was the man responsible for creating the comic book cosplay and role play community. This is not true. We all know that for as long as gaia has been going on there have been individuals cosplaying everything and anything manga and comic book related. You could research this if you'd like but it's a true fact. That being said Johnny was the man that brought gathered and brought together the largest community of comic book roleplayers, cosplayers, and enthusiast and had the vision of a place where they could all gather and enjoy each other's writing, conversations and company altogether. And while there have been comic book guilds in the past his is undoubtedly the most successful. It has and still does appear on the most popular guilds on the front page. He brought a level of enthusiasm, creativity, and vision that could not be matched.

As I said Johnny touched many people and in a way he helped us all to develop as an individual in some way or another. He gave us a taste of what a successful rp community could be. Was he the perfect guild leader? By no means, but he did what he thought was right. Whether you love him or hate him you cannot deny that he has done good in some way for all of us.

So it is now a few days after his birthday which unfortunately for obvious reasons he cannot be here to celebrate , although I'm sure he knows we all miss him in our own way, that I ask you all the members now to post some of your experiences with Johnny or the guild. A particular moment of talk you enjoyed or perhaps a roleplay. Your opinions of the man. Anything works. Thank you all and have a good day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:14 am
I didn't know a whole lot about the man behind Fury, suffice to say he was one of those rare dreamers that did succeed: a man who wanted to own his own night club and followed through. I still respect that about him. It's so rare these days. Here was a man, who, in spite of everything health-related was still able to succeed. I was proud of him for that.

He really got me into the heroic rp scene.

Every once in a while, we got to talking, although that was when Valkyrie Gauge was still my main account.

He had a great sense of humor. About anytime someone brought up Star Trek, there he was: ready with his Captain Kirk avatar, like he'd seen it coming from a mile away.

Some of my favorite rp moments with him were shortly after Eliza's car accident, when they were in the hospital, the hide-away after Darkeid had brainwashed Gauge, and The Fury. The Fury, like him or not, was an intriguing character I actually wanted to know more about, truth be told.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Cecilia Reyez

Vice Captain

Beloved Friend

9,125 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:20 pm
I miss him, I miss the conversations over the phone and in text. Johnny was someone you could talk too, outside of Gaia. Talk about life, the weather, the Cowboys. Whatever suited your fancy, he was up for it as long as he wasn't busy with the jobs he was juggling at the time and family. He was a strong family man, loved and liked by many. Truly a great friend to have.

Johnny had his opinions on how things should be. How the ball should have kept on rolling, turning out new ideas and fronts for the story lines here. It's just hard to move on, right away. It takes time. Time to heal, even then not all wounds heal. I regret, not traveling up north and meet up with Johnny and a few others from the guild to attend the Comic Con. I would have liked too, I was just never able to do so. With my health heading south, I just can't do what I'd like. Never take the time given to you for granted. Thinking that family, friends and colleagues will be around forever. I think that there were several conversations that we had were never finished. Thoughts and ideas for the guild, never shared because time was cut short. Too short, in my opinion.

The conversations we had in the guild, about the guild are treasured memories. I remember joining when Technocite was one of the main villains laying havoc to the Justice League. To the original Black Canary dying due to some sadistic ____'ed up scenario cooked up by The White Duke of Death. To the X-Men getting involved in a multi-universal event to a number of DC Flashpoint reboots. To having What If Universal psychedelic role plays involving the Star Trek series, Teen Titans and the spectrum of ring bearers. I wish that the elaborate stories made back in the day were kept and not thrown away, so that the next generation could have something to read and relish. To see the style done then in comparison to what it is now. I helped Johnny out where ever I possibly could, when I had the time. Helped with providing the guild with helpful guidelines, improvised rules against drama as well as be a problem solver whenever possible. I looked forwards to the role plays as active as this guild was back in 2008. Creative thinking and writing was definitely abundant with the members involved in not just this guild but satellite guilds associated with the VS's guild. I'm glad, that I was given the opportunity to meet Johnny back then. Because I reminisce on the good old days a lot.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:47 pm
Still hard to believe he's gone. I've often wondered one day out of the blue, and either get a call or a text on my phone saying "Gotcha all!" along with something along the lines of "Jim Morrison isn't dead, he's sitting right next to me"

There are many things I can say about Johnny, but I just simply say, happy birthday Johnny. I miss you and our conversations. And one more thing, this one is for you buddy.

LexCorp CEO
Vice Captain

Wealthy Businessman

CHATTERBOX

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas