Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroes Of Justice VS. Villains Of Doom

Back to Guilds

A DC Comics Roleplaying Guild 

Tags: DC Comics, Comics, Superman, Batman, Superheroes 

Reply Gaia-DC Universe (Special Guild RP Events)
And then there was Light

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LexCorp CEO
Vice Captain

Wealthy Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:52 pm

In the executive offices of Lex Luthor, various aides were busy going around doing their usual business, while Luthor himself walked to his desk in a private section of the offices sitting in his chair where one of his aids put the morning issue of the Daily Planet which had Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman on the front page, praising the so called Justice League.
“Look at them. Just look at them all.”
He thought to himself

“Heroes. Something to aspire to be. Inspirational, or so ‘they’ claim. By ‘they’ I mean society, the press. They just eat this up. Marketers have the audacity to slap them on children’s lunch boxes sell them like hotcakes. They aren’t the angels they’re painted out to be. Real heroes are police, firefighters, and soldiers. Not a woman out of time and myth, a man who dresses up like he’s looking for candy on Halloween, and something less than human who claims to be this great paragon of virtue, but the average human being simply can’t be what he is and represents. Each one of them represents something in their own way, but what they represent collectively? They represent, the end. The end of humanity’s potential and achievements. And through their actions, the press, and society they set up humanity up for failure. That is what they inspire beneath the thin veneer of those capes and colorful costumes. What will come through that failure, either their own or society’s misplaced trust? Perhaps they’ll establish themselves as rulers, or perhaps like the Gods of Olympus in legend? They’ll welcome their so called ‘benevolent’ rule. This cannot be allowed to happen. But legends, heroes, even gods are merely just man made constructs written in fiction in the way of hyperbole. Everything isn’t as everything seems. The oldest lie in the world is that devils don’t come from Hell below us. They come from above. People tend to forget the Devil himself was once an angel. Even the best and mightiest can fall.”

Picking up the newspaper gazing at the Justice League on the cover and opened it “The devils are real, and they’re right in front of us everyday. However, they aren’t these invincible immortals people tend to believe in their minds. Even Achilles wasn’t without flaw or weakness. It is only a matter of time before their heel is exposed, or the real truth is brought into the light. Of course I’m not the only one of this opinion of these so-called heroes. Believe it or not, there are others that echo this kind of sentiment. It is only a matter of time before the world sees the truth and light of it all.” Taking a moment to take a glimpse out the window behind his desk, he looked out on Metropolis before turning back and looking at a near by clock noticing the time.

Getting up from behind his desk, he went to the far side of the room where a private elevator was and stepped in, where it soon descended into the underground levels of LexCorp Tower, more specifically Luthor’s own private labs. In one of the labs stood a large computer display, which he approached and activated. Soon several large monitors turned on displaying bright lights in a very unlit lab and began speaking out loud “Fellow members, status updates of current events? It has been quite sometime”  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:28 am
He sat quietly appearing on one of the many monitors in Lex Luthor's private lab. He was a man better known as a myth to some, to others, a legend. But he was real. The tales of Ra's al Ghul and his emerald waters that granted him eternal life were true for the most part. In fact those who had the pleasure of knowing of his existence feared him set aside for a few. The Detective being among that list as well as the man who initiated this meeting of sorts.

Ra's rarely spared time for meetings but this one in particular he chose to be apart.

“Fellow members, status updates of current events? It has been quite sometime,”

"Indeed it has. We have lots to talk about. Who would like to begin?"

LexCorp CEO

Fergal Devitt

Disembodied Evil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"We are continuing to make excellent progress on project Amazo." An electronic monotone voice answered, another monitor opening to reveal what appeared to be nothing more than a brain encased within a glass dome mounted on a mobile track unit, albeit an advanced unit at that. The voice had a hint of french to it, giving some idea as to the disembodied brain's home of origin. The Brain stared blankly into the screen, unable to give any form of expression as to what he was thinking or feeling. However, that did not make him a machine.

"Even with Ivo having gone missing these past years, his research is still decades ahead of what we could have imagined. His work may very well even match T.O. Morrow's machine Red Tornado. " The Brain continued with his report. In the grand scheme of the Society's great plan, The Brain had been responsible for many of the technological wonders that the Society supplied their lesser members with. Now he tasked himself with breaking down the secret to Professor Ivo's Amazo schematics. A living machine that could replicate the powers of any metahuman it came into contact with. Such a weapon in the Society's arsenal could tip the tide of the inevitable battle that would come between the Justice League and themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:00 pm
User Image

"When we are struck at without reason, we should strike back again very hard; I am sure we should - so hard as to teach the person who struck us never to do it again."

"Gentlemen." Circe added into the conversation as she appeared on one of the many screens. It had been sometime since her plot was thwarted by then newly formed Justice League. Circe had joined the Society, and it had greatly benefited her. She was the Society's hold in realms of magic, who better than it's very own Goddess?! Circe hummed, brushing back her hair behind her purple headdress with her finger nails. She had regained much of her fallen Bestiamorph army with the help of the Society - most of them unwilling volunteers. A woman's touch was well needed in this meeting. She listened closely as The Brain updated the Society on his progress with Project Amazo. "Excellent work, Brain." Circe commended him with a gentle nod.

"Thank you to the continued efforts of the Society, my Bestiamorph army has began to amass in larger numbers than before--" The sorceress gave a gentle laugh, "-- at the Society's disposal, of course." Truth be told, The Brain's efforts into Ivo's research had resulted in rivalry with Red Tornado. Circe herself already rivaled Wonder Woman, and Doctor Fate - but it was time to up her game,"Oh, I also have wonderful news to impart to you all, gentlemen. It will soon become my prerogative to meet with the sorcerer, Wotan. I believe I've discovered a way to tip the scales of magic in our favour." Circe was hesitant to mention the potential involvement of Brother Blood - his goals oft did not align with that of the societies, but it aligned with that of Circe's... partly.

Disembodied Evil

Damien Darhk

LexCorp CEO

Circe DC

Reverse FIash

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Eobard had listened closely to what was being said so far, thus remained silent. His 25th Century intellect had proven invaluable to the Society, as did his knowledge of history. Thawne was in this era to ruin the life of Wally West - the current Flash. It was nothing personal to Wally, but entirely personal to Barry Allen. Destroying his legacy in the form of Wally would give him the upper hand in their eternal battle against each other that would span centuries into the past and future. He had kept low, ensuring that The Flash was unaware of his presence in this time. "A pleasure to hear of our progress." exclaimed Eobard. Magic was dangerous, even in the 25th Century - Zoom wanted to distance himself from whatever plan Circe had been brewing, however The Brain's progress in Project Amazo had certainly gotten the speedsters attention. "My presence in this century will be considered an anomaly in the current Flash's timeline, so I must lay low for the meantime. However, I am sure while Ivo's research will prove invaluable, I can supply you with a mind that is centuries ahead of what you can imagine." Eobard offered. A renowned Professor in the 25th Century, his works in the fields of science and technology were nothing short of legendary - but none more so than his work on the speedforce which had earned him his very moniker; Professor Zoom.

LexCorp CEO

Disembodied Evil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 pm
User Image
User Image

What was he doing for the past three years? That was quite the question to be asked. In all seriousness, there was not much the ADHD could do to cure his child like wonders and peculiarities to the devilment of others. Never had it been that much of a bore fest for him, but...he wouldn't tell them that. He had to appear like he was busy and therefore, he was.

He was not like Circe; he saw no reason to commend Brain on what he had been doing. He preferred the gist to be given and the debacles of stalling to be put behind. Who truly cared about each other's well beings? What were they? The Justice League? It was business as usual. That was what he thrived upon after all. The Chaos and could not care less about anything more. The term brat clearly labled him in the purest as he had his own goal to amplify his own powers. The hellish cat, Teekl, found his way on his lap and meowed loudly with pure tenacious hell to the tone. He was announcing Klarion's presence of course.

"Toys and Beastiamorphs sound delightful. I've been playing a few...games myself...nothing important though. Dr. Fate is close to losing however. I'll have access to the Tower of Fate in just a moment's time."

His tone clearly implied that he was bored beyond repair. There was nothing for him to do other than that and truth be told, there were days he thought he would just go out somewhere, Salem to Gotham, and just revel in the chaos. He could veer some lesser villains like Anarky to the madness or maybe he'd find it in his personal interest to casually toy around with another sorceror...say Constantine, Zatanna or what of Brother Blood or someone else? There were no limits to Chaos after all.

His finger casually toyed around with someone trapped in a plastic ball, that of which a person would see from one of those cheap vending machines. He flicked it away and the person vanished, a yawn barely being stifled as he waited everyone else to get on with their meaningless reports. When it could all come together, then it would make sense. For now, he was playing the waiting game. His clock was ticking and ironically, he was immortal.

LexCorp CEO

Damien Darhk

Disembodied Evil

Circe DC

Reverse Flash

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

LexCorp CEO
      Vice Captain

Wealthy Businessman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:07 am
      “I believe there are several projects that I know some of you want updates of progress on that have recently developed in the past few months”

Pausing briefly before continuing on.

“For quite sometime LexCorp has been committed to the research and development into decrypting and mapping the Kryptonian Genome, which has yielded some various results from LexCorp’s own resources. Realizing this is a project that required more specialization and information, and after our attempts to seize STAR Labs via hostile takeover in order to legally acquire their research and eliminating them as competition has been less than successful. However we’ve been looking into alternate forms of solutions to aid in these efforts. As some of you are aware of, we’ve taken a new approach in working with Project Cadmus, which has been productive past expectations. Two test subjects already developed with one more along the way. For those who do not know about Project Cadmus, they specialize in genetic research and cloning. I suspect you all know where this train of thought can go and play in our favor?”

Pausing again, he began thinking to himself before continuing
      “Watch them eat this up, can’t say I blame them. Mapping a genome is no small feat or task. Mapping, splicing, replicating an alien genome is something on all its own, but it’s the ends to the means which is the exciting part. What if you could replicate a Superman? Or create Supermen? Endless possibilities at the very least, and this is scratching the surface.”

“Moving forward, another situation that is noteworthy has happened recently is activity and cooperation with the United States Government and LexCorp. Briefly mentioned in the press, but lacking in worldwide news coverage for obvious reasons that will be explained, NASA detected a meteorite strike occurring off the Northern coast of Alaska, in the Arctic Ocean. After coming to certain...agreements...the US Government graciously welcomed LexCorp assistance of excavation, transfer, and storage of this meteorite specimen from the initial crash site. Upon physical examination, inspection, and scans NASA and LexCorp scientists determined this wasn’t a mere meteorite as initial analysis suspected. From what we’ve determined, this meteorite so to speak is actually some form of unknown alien technology that entered Earth's atmosphere and crash landed. I can assure you, all efforts are being done to see what exactly what this thing is and how to access it.”

Disembodied Evil

Damien Darhk

Reverse FIash

Circe DC

Klayko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:29 am
      The Brain listened closely as each of his cohorts listed off what progress they were making in their own endeavors. Klarion and Circe were both powerful magic wielders, and while the Brain still had a difficult time understanding the concept of it, he could not doubt that lethality of it and it’s wielders. Whatever plans that they were up to more than likely had a special significance not only in the Society’s plans but in the grander scheme of the world itself. But who was to say that their work was any more significant than his or Luthor’s or The Demon’s? Were they not men of science? Whose works would guide humanity along it’s proper course?

He casted aside these thoughts, reminding himself that they were allies and were all attempting to do the same. Helping to bring humanity out of the stagnation that it had found itself buried in. It would do well to respect all of them and to commend them all.” With the death of Zatarra, Doctor Fate stands as the only League member as of now that could oppose us, at least in the realm of magic. With him gone, it would be all to easy to manipulate the Justice League.” The Brain knew that the feud between Fate and Klarion was somewhat personal, if only in the sense that each represented opposing aspects of one another, the former of Order and the latter Chaos. It was a battle as old as time itself. The disembodied villain directed his attentions towards Circe now, wondering what she had in mind.

“You’re newly reformed army will prove invaluable to the Society’s cause Circe, although I am sure we are all curious as to what is it that you have in mind?” He inquired, giving her the chance to speak. Before she could so however, Zoom and Luthor had both spoken their pieces. Zoom was a cunningly brutal man but even more so he was of an intellect that was hard to find. And what Luthor had to report was altogether more than interesting. It was tantalizing. The Brain himself had a particular interest in both Star Labs and Cadmus, not only for the treasure trove of information and technology that they would provide , but given that each facility held within itself the opportunity that he could use to create a new body for himself. “Any and all assistance you can give Zoom would be more than welcome.”

All focus was on Luthor now. The last bit of information was the most interesting piece of all. Who knew what knowledge the meteorite contained? What possibilities did it hold? All of them had known that there was more advanced forms of life outside of their own, but the question simply remained, is how much more advanced were they when compared to humanity? “If you would be so kind, Luthor, I would be more than gracious if you were to share what research has been made thus far with myself. I’m sure our combined intellect would be more than enough to crack the secrets hidden within the meteorite.”

Having addressed the majority of them, that merely left the Demon’s Head. Ras’ Al Ghul himself. He had remained quiet thus far par his introduction of course. The Brain was curious as to what the leader of the League of Shadows had been working on as of late.

LexCorp CEO

Klayko

Reverse FIash

Circe DC

Damien Darhk

Disembodied Evil

Circe DC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:53 pm
      User Image

"When we are struck at without reason, we should strike back again very hard; I am sure we should - so hard as to teach the person who struck us never to do it again."

Klarion was involved now? How precious. She ran her fingers through her mulberry tinged hair, and pulling back her indigo lined hood. With lidded question, she observed and listened to her allies responses. Circe nodded along to Klarion's results with Fate, it pleased her indeed. Whatever artifacts that Fate had stored within the Tower of Fate, she needed. Commenting on the imp's progress, "For the absolute benefit of the Society, I'll need access to the Tower of Fate. When Fate is out of the way, there'll be forces that even we won't want knocking on our door step--" She, of course, was referring to Trigon The Terrible. "--So as I said before, I'll meet with the sorcerer Wotan, and have him acquiesce to terms that will benefit the Society." It was a sufficient response for the Brain as well. Truthfully, she had plans to work with Brother Blood. Her allegiance had always been the same. Circe was here for Circe, none else.

Now Science? Science was vastly different yet similar to magic - how beautifully paradoxical. She nodded, aware of just how useful cloning could be to their cause. However, the meteorite too caught Circe's attention. What was it about this meteorite that had intrigued Luthor so? Circe had to know, whatever was within it was something that would be of great use - or the potential means to access something of a sort.  
      PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:26 pm
      Luthor pressed a button on his console which began to project a 3D hologram of Earth that was interactive and displayed to all the party's involved in this meeting on their on respective communications consoles.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Let's talk about something that we all enjoy and will benefit from. Geopolitics and our efforts in that regard. As you know we have various agents and resources scattered throughout the world that influence and control to a degree, world governments. We have 2 areas of interest that we need to address immediately."

The hologram suddenly a yellow bip around the Asian Pacific. "Let's begin with the sovereign nation of Rhelasia. We've had activities in this region of the world over several years. Due to the polarization and radicalization of politics, inciting uprisings and political upheaval, and racketeering has plunged this nation into civil war. Although, while some of the consequences of what has happened here have been unforeseen there is a financial opportunity to be exploited here between the North and South Rhelasian governments. Namely through trade. Weapons, military, and medical supplies to be more exact. It would be a financial boon to our continuing operations globally if we acted upon this situation."

Then the hologram began to turn towards the middle east as another blip lit up "However, that is nothing compared to a situation that is the highest priority. I speak of the nation of Kahndaq, and the figurehead of its government, Black Adam. Most of our operations in Kahndaq have either gone unsuccessful in efforts to bring Adam to our cause, or even undermining Black Adam's rule. Everyone here is very much aware of what Black Adam can do, I think we can all agree it would be in our best interest to bring him aboard.It of the highest priority, that Black Adam and the nation of Kahndaq join our cause by any means necessary. Which is why I'm proposing an alternative solution, a diplomatic one at that from, one of you in particular." He said referencing Circe. He knew in particular that this would most likely peak her interests the most.

Disembodied Evil

Klayko

Reverse FIash

Circe DC

Damien Darhk

[quote="Reverse FIash]

LexCorp CEO
      Vice Captain

Wealthy Businessman

Circe DC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:15 pm
      User Image

She listened and watched as Luthor explained the situation with the nation of Kahndaq and Black Adam. "Just say my name next time, Luthor!" Circe laughed. Whether it was due to magical influence or natural charm, Circe always had a way of getting through to people. Though, for all of her hubris, she was no fool to not have a plan of 'attack' (even if it should come to battle). "Shall I throw him a wink and have him begging to join us? Or outright attack him on his own turf-- may as well tie my hands behind my back and have 'Kill me' written over my forehead! Ha!" She laughed once more, being met with expected silence. Sighing and rolling her eyes with a smirk, she spoke up once more, drawing herself to a serious demeanour once more. "Ah, so, Luthor. What would you ask of me?"

Disembodied Evil

Klayko

LexCorp CEO

Damien Darhk

Reverse FIash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:27 pm
      "May I remind you all that I wouldn't be so casual and nonchalant with mentioning certain identities even over a highly encrypted and encoded transmission? I know some of you might be unfamiliar and ignorant of technology, but as most of you know discretion is a paramount tenant of our organization" He said in a slightly annoyed tone before continuing on.

"As I mentioned Black Adam is a high priority to recruit him to our cause. It goes without saying, it would be in our best interest to have with us versus against us. In a combat situation, he's on par if not more of a threat than Superman. You are free to use any means necessary without turning Adam hostile towards yourself or fellow members of this organization. Presenting yourself as diplomatic emissary would be the most logical solution to gain an audience with him. That or I'm sure you're resourceful and inventive enough knowing your abilities to get into Kahndaq. The rest of us can provide any additional resources that you require to get the job done."

Circe DC

Disembodied Evil

Klayko

LexCorp CEO

Damien Darhk

Reverse FIash

LexCorp CEO
      Vice Captain

Wealthy Businessman

Gaia-DC Universe (Special Guild RP Events)

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff
      Gaia's Games
      Mini-Games