Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP]Indecision Rep + Mark Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:09 pm
Mark lazed by casually five minutes late, because it was cool to be slightly late to dates. He immediately dropped off a draped coathanger in front of Rep, unzipping it. "You're like what? Size six? I rented this from some bro I know on island so they're going to need it back by like tomorrow."

And then Mark, being Mark, pulled out a very nice-looking dark blue pinstriped suit and then did a tadaa sort of jazz hand motion. "What do you think?" He didn't wait for a reply and put it in Rep's arms. "Try it on at least."

Baneful

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:15 pm

"I'm er. Smaller but I don't think I'm a size six though." he said dubiously. Woman's sizes were a complete mystery to him and even finding a pair of trousers that fit his hips had been a real problem, one which resolved in him finding that there wasn't a ******** single pair in the shop he'd been in that had pockets. He didn't ******** understand it and didn't try.

"Sure I'll give it a shot." he said, actually rather fancying the outfit in question, it was like something his blue kingdom self might wear if he was being really really muted on the ******** furs and bling, so that made it very fine indeed with him.

Of course, modesty was something that happened to other people, especially when right now it was like he wasn't quite wearing his own skin. Before there could be any protests he was down to his underwear, bra included and seeing if he could fit into the suit.

"How many stylish bros do you even have?" he asked curiously.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:52 pm
"Define stylish," Mark said, checking his phone texts again. He looked up at where there was no possible way for the blazer to fit around the chest. The only saving grace was that it was a men's size six which also meant the pant legs and possible sleeves could either be bunched up, or rolled. "Okay cool, I mean you might want to cover this area," he gestured to Rep's chest, "but yeah, cool cool. Oh yeah, here's your guys's tickets, have fun and stuff. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, you know?"

Mark began to set up the portal.

Baneful

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:04 am

"Wait what? Us guys? You aren't going?" He froze and looked a bit stricken by this development. "Who the ******** is going then?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:20 am
"All of you," said the Death lead, who had missed the conversation entirely about styles and suits and movies and two-hundred dollar with discount setups before throwing Mark first into the portal followed by Rep.

The good news is he didn't seem to mind arriving into apparently a changing room of The Gap, and he immediately folded his coat and gave it to Mark because that was about as camouflage as he ever got. The better news was nothing was destroyed and no store clerks died dramatically on the floor as he went on his quest for something probably starting with art and ending with iFact, or maybe just ifact. There was about a five percent chance he just needed a new shirt.

The mall was about just as busy as malls went, a large indoor complex that spanned five floors and several very impressive escalators that crisscrossed each consecutive floor. At the very top were the heralded movie theatres-

- And by the time Rep noticed even that, Caelius was already somewhat dramatically coasting the escalator to the third floor, almost impossible to miss.

"Did he like, say all of you as in me and you, because I clearly heard all of you and him." Mark stared up at the escalators. "You should follow him."

Baneful

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:43 am

There was a sort of resignation which came over Rep whenever it came to being tossed around by Cael, it was like the way a kitten went limp when scruffed by its mother. He'd learned the less you tensed the less damage you took when you hit the ground on the other side of the portal. It was a good life lesson and one which stood him well as he landed on carpeted floor indoors somewhere else entirely from the island, looking at a mirrored version of himself, looking dazed and confused.

It was a changing room he realised as he got up, brushing lint off his suit and rearranging it. There was a second of brief and conflicted alarm and maybe a bit of interest when Cael followed up their by taking off his coat but to Rep's very private internal disappointment didn't remove anything else.

It was a mall, and it was always dizzying to find yourself back in the middle of life off of the island, reminded that the world went on as usual outside the strangeness that was their daily lives. He was immediately self concious in a way he didn't normally experience, finding himself feeling like a convict back in society after years in jail. He didn't know how to behave, didn't know how to act, felt like he was walking strangely, every person that looked at him had to know in an animal way how abnormal he was.

He preferred the undying to this, and hurried after Cael in much the same way he'd hurried dutifully after Carl, finding even escalators a strange and novel experience. It was getting to the point where he was more used to magically propelled things than actual engineered mechanics. "I am following him, but if he gets mad at you later you deserve it."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:52 pm
"I'll get the ice cream!" Mark shouted to Rep's slowly ascending figure. He gave the latter a double thumbs up again, and then backed a few steps, accidentally backing into the arms of a bulky man who looked like he belonged in any nondenominational biker group, and then the Death assistant was apologizing, and people were gathering around them, once again proving that nobody cared much about Rep.

Caelius was actually waiting for Rep on the fifth floor, with a relatively neutral bordering on possibly annoyed expression. He turned just as he saw Rep slowly file in after the gang of middle-aged women all carrying expensive bags, walking through the ticketing area, both of them, without being tagged. It was possible he was partially invisible: the working theatre staff were trying their hardest not to pay attention to him, though they did stop Rep quite firmly when he passed the same way, just as Rep would see his lead meticulously count every theatre number and then walk into theatre nine clearly titled with a poster next to it Fifty Shades Darker.

Baneful

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:29 pm

There was still a glimmering promise of ice cream on the horizon which kept Rep going as he tried to navigate the mall, finally catching up to Cael in time to head into the theatre.

He sighed at the people stopping him, realising that he didn't have any ******** money on him at all and teetering on the edge of just making a run for it instead.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:30 pm
"The tickets?", said the really bored employee, checking his cellphone at the same time. For a crowded theatre, the place was exceedingly empty, to the point where there wasn't even anyone standing in the concession stand or working there.

Baneful

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:48 pm

"Oh right, s**t." Rep said, pulling out the ticket he'd been handed before, startled out of his stunned social panic. He handed it over and then tried very hurriedly to follow Cael, head bowed in shame at causing a bother.

Even after so long on the island, he still hadn't shaken his britishness.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:11 pm
Inside the theatre the room was empty as well, with the exception of the Death lead sitting in the very literal front of the theatre, front enough that his outline was silhouetted on the actual screen. There were some movie trailers playing and he was typing the world's slowest text on his very antiquated Nokia-style phone, the glare obvious in the partial darkness. It mostly was the fact that these days nobody used numbers to type letters and because it kept on trying to autocorrect his I to a lower case i.

Baneful

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Rep wandered into the theatre, pleased to see that the whole ******** place was empty apart from Cael, because anyone else being in there would be a risk to them. He didn't even care it was probably one of the most s**t movies ever, it was still the ******** movies.

He wouldn't get to see the whole movie anyway, that was guaranteed.

Sitting down in the chair next to Cael, he gave him a sidelong facinated look, like watching somoene write by chipping words into a huge stone tablet. "Do you prefer they phones?" he asked, watching a trailer for a horror movie set in a self-help center while he did.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:48 pm
"Rogue one to Scottish sidecharacter one," said Mark through the headset, if Rep rememberer to put one on, otherwise it was just hanging slightly in speaker mode in his shirt pocket, "I have procured the ice cream, and did you like know they have seventy two flavours? I'll allow two favours on the budget, over."

Caelius ignored that too, as a trailer for the new Beauty and the Beast movie starring Emma Watson began playing. Loud music blared and as the title of the trailer movie faded to silence, he finally looked at Rep, though in the lack of lighting his expression was probably still annoyed. "Button up your shirt." This was probably the most dad thing he had ever said, other than the times he told Rep to fix his spelling summarizing mission reports, which also from a narrative standpoint, made thisa lot wierder.

There were footsteps behind them, someone else walking into the theatre behind them.

Baneful

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Rep heard the headset in time to pick it up and catch the end of Mark's message. "If they've got candy floss..err.. cotton candy flavour, I want that, and like, normal vanilla. Get me chocolate sauce and syrup too."

Cael was probably a vanilla ice cream kind of guy.

Rep was oddly stricken by Cael's comment and suddenly acutely aware that he wasn't very tidy at all and wishing he had a comb or something. He made a valiant attempt to button up the rest of his shirt and at least look presentable.

He was too busy with this particular task to note the footsteps. Tracey did though.

<Behind us.>>

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:21 pm
"Hello Rep," said Charlotte, sitting down next to Caelius. There was a heavy cloud of perfume. "I honestly would have preferred to spend my time with someone a little more keen on my interests, but I guess this is still negotiation period, so, negotiate."

The movie, still rolling the opening logos of the actual movie, suddenly stopped playing and faded to a black screen.

"You want the grail," Caelius began-

-"A grail," corrected Charlotte, as the two of them began to talk over Rep. "We have the original but yes, the grail and the sword." And now she was looking directly at Rep, lips upturned. "It's also a free extraction in your thirty day trial period."

A long period of silence, and then the Death lead just stood up and walked away, leaving Rep with her.

"Don't you want to know what we were bartering for?" Charlotte asked whenever Rep decided to also join his lead on the way out.

Baneful

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces