Welcome to Gaia! ::

RWBY: Simple Souls

Back to Guilds

An RP guild set in an alternate universe of the RWBY series. 

Tags: RWBY, Roleplay, Ruby Rose, Beacon Academy, Vale 

Reply Remnant
Ask the Crew! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cursed1217

Dedicated Loiterer

7,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 pm
So how does the profile sections involving dust and combat type work? Looking at a few profiles I have seen what people have put as answers, like lightning medium or something like that, but what does that mean exactly?

Rengato

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 pm
fireshadow0908
Weeamoo

Is there anywhere in particular a 2nd year would have to post or is it free reign? Also are 2nd years also in teams?

Of course there are teams^^ You can post anywhere within the school that you'd like. I believe classes would officially be starting 'tomorrow', but the initiation is being broadcast to the upperclassmen and faculty... so your character could probably be watching that, unpacking into their dorm room, wandering the halls, etc. etc.

Ren, correct me if I'm wrong.  

Weeamoo
Vice Captain

fireshadow0908

Generous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:15 am
Weeamoo
fireshadow0908
Weeamoo

Is there anywhere in particular a 2nd year would have to post or is it free reign? Also are 2nd years also in teams?

Of course there are teams^^ You can post anywhere within the school that you'd like. I believe classes would officially be starting 'tomorrow', but the initiation is being broadcast to the upperclassmen and faculty... so your character could probably be watching that, unpacking into their dorm room, wandering the halls, etc. etc.

Ren, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm
Cursed1217
So how does the profile sections involving dust and combat type work? Looking at a few profiles I have seen what people have put as answers, like lightning medium or something like that, but what does that mean exactly?

Rengato

Its basically just your character's experience level using those types of dust.

EDIT: To better elaborate now that I'm not stealth-typing on my phone at work *coughs*
If a character didn't grow up with a lot of access to dust, it's safe to assume they have a lower dust skill then say a Schnee who'd grow up and train with it given a large supply.

Weeamoo
Vice Captain

Cursed1217

Dedicated Loiterer

7,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 pm
Weeamoo
Cursed1217

Rengato

Its basically just your character's experience level using those types of dust.

EDIT: To better elaborate now that I'm not stealth-typing on my phone at work *coughs*
If a character didn't grow up with a lot of access to dust, it's safe to assume they have a lower dust skill then say a Schnee who'd grow up and train with it given a large supply.

I basically just went with a point buy method. Took the different element types and then basically assigned a skill level ranging from never used to mastery. Then tallied up a value to use based on a median total.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:40 pm
Cursed1217

I basically just went with a point buy method. Took the different element types and then basically assigned a skill level ranging from never used to mastery. Then tallied up a value to use based on a median total.

Whatever works for you~

Weeamoo
Vice Captain

Lupa Fur

Fuzzy Werewolf

8,875 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 pm
Weeamoo

Could I have a fourth char?Maybe a third cause I’m thinking about scrapping amara  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:51 pm
Lupa Fur
Weeamoo

Could I have a fourth char?Maybe a third cause I’m thinking about scrapping amara

Ask Ren, that's not my area, but there's no problem if you're no longer interested in one.
Rengato

Weeamoo
Vice Captain

VJammer

Fashionable Citizen

10,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 pm
Weeamoo
Rengato

Okay, well, I kind of want to create a Huntswoman student who is blind, but has a Semblance that offsets that. She can't physically see, but, she's aware of any living being and solid obstacle up to x range. There'd be a trade-off that she cannot define detail. As in, she'd be able to tell there's a wall in front of her, but, not if it were glass, wood, or concrete. Assuming this idea has a chance of being passed, I'd like to hear back on possible range limits? If you don't think it's a reasonable semblance, just let me know. I want to get a rejection or work it out before posting the character up for approval because the whole 'blind' thing would affect quite a bit of information.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:03 am
VJammer
Weeamoo
Rengato

Okay, well, I kind of want to create a Huntswoman student who is blind, but has a Semblance that offsets that. She can't physically see, but, she's aware of any living being and solid obstacle up to x range. There'd be a trade-off that she cannot define detail. As in, she'd be able to tell there's a wall in front of her, but, not if it were glass, wood, or concrete. Assuming this idea has a chance of being passed, I'd like to hear back on possible range limits? If you don't think it's a reasonable semblance, just let me know. I want to get a rejection or work it out before posting the character up for approval because the whole 'blind' thing would affect quite a bit of information.

I don't see why not.
I think a 30ft radius from your character would be good, personally. I could see it being detecting auras if it were just other people, though not sure how you'd describe it for objects; either way, that part's just however you wanna word it^^ by yeah.

Weeamoo
Vice Captain

VJammer

Fashionable Citizen

10,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:35 am
Weeamoo
I don't see why not.
I think a 30ft radius from your character would be good, personally. I could see it being detecting auras if it were just other people, though not sure how you'd describe it for objects; either way, that part's just however you wanna word it^^ by yeah.

Alright, well, I may not do the ability to sense Aura as it wouldn't work to let her sense Grimm or Physical obstacles. Plus, I feel it would be semi-meta-gaming as then, if she ever interacted with a sentient Grimm character, she could hear how close they were and not sense an aura coming from them and blah-dee blah, now she knows they aren't human. May have it be something more like echolocation that she's able to passively detect, as in, she doesn't need to be screeching out constantly cause, that would be a little too ridiculous. Imagine trying to chat while walking with her through the halls if she had to screech ever few seconds. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:14 pm
VJammer

i know this was a question for the captain's, so sorry for
        interjection, but this semblance really reminds me of toph
        from the last airbender! maybe your character can sense
        vibrations in the air, or through the ground? that way she
        can still sense walls because they block the airflow, if that
        make sense?

she could also always be a bat faunus? c: maybe?

thirtyspacechickens-go

Dapper Gawker

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100

VJammer

Fashionable Citizen

10,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:24 pm
thirtyspacechickens-go

i know this was a question for the captain's, so sorry for
        interjection, but this semblance really reminds me of toph
        from the last airbender! maybe your character can sense
        vibrations in the air, or through the ground? that way she
        can still sense walls because they block the airflow, if that
        make sense?

she could also always be a bat faunus? c: maybe?

In a sense, it sort of is and I feel that a combination of both would work well with air vibrations being more precise but fall short when a solid obstacle is in the way. Whereas vibrations through the ground would give her enough to know the relative size, number, and location of an opponent beyond a solid obstacle. And while I adore faunus, I have my twins already and the current character cap it three so, I'd like to at least have one human. Besides, being human would fit better with the backstory I had in mind for her. But, don't worry about chiming in, I'm always open to friendly and constructive criticism.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Weeamoo

Curious how the concept of team formation for Atlas happens. For example, at Beacon, pairs formed up by who they saw first.  

VJammer

Fashionable Citizen

10,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

DaMetaEX

Dangerous Noob

6,700 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:33 pm
VJammer
Weeamoo

Curious how the concept of team formation for Atlas happens. For example, at Beacon, pairs formed up by who they saw first.

we just basicly did the same thing. we couldn't really think of any better way. though getting to the location was a bit more intresting.  
Remnant

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff