narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:14 pm
User Image

The City of Twelve is one of the largest cities in the Skaglands. It is packed with black markets and crime, but it is also a relatively free place to live. The government is comprised of The Twelve. The Twelve is the name of the council that rules. Each member is called a Baron. To be a Baron of the Twelve is a position of immense strength. Due to The Twelve, the people here share many freedoms, though they also suffer under extortion of bandits whenever they attempt to go to and fro. Most of the Barons are involved in the black market one way or another.

- Any player made faction with 3 members or more can become a member of the Twelve.

Type: City
Faction: Can only be partially owned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:30 pm
User Image
Ara✘ie

The ocean is everything I want to ℬℰ...
Beautiful, Mysterious, Wild, and ℱℛ ℰ ℰ.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips as the city appeared in view. The small group of stragglers had made it, seemingly no worse for wear. Finally. Araxie wanted nothing more than to sleep and perhaps a beverage of some sort. Her feet hurt, her body ached, the wound on her leg had grown sore again, and the presence of the winged-woman, who she overheard was named Lyndis, was setting her nerves on edge. The woman was psychotic. Araxie never let her hand stray too far from the hilt of her dagger.

Once inside the city walls, it was no better. Roxi dare not let her guard falter, keeping her eyes trained on anyone who got too close. "Hmm...I am not familiar with this city." She spoke more to herself than anyone, her eyes constantly shifting between passersby. The smell of something cooking and the sound of drunken laughter wafted through the air, causing her to relax a bit. "You know of good place to sell cargo?" She posed the question mainly to Fanthrall, however it was open to any.

120Damian120

Primae Pandora

br3akape

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:37 am

User Image

Narx
"Revenge is a confession of pain"
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Narx walked into the city completely distracted with his baubles. He was tossing up two dice-like cubes that glowed an eerie blue shade. As he was walking he suddenly bumped into another person {Araxie}. Narx fumbled onto the ground pathetically. That is what one gets when they are not paying attention. Narx immediately stuttered an apology
"I'm so sorry! I was totally not paying attention to my surroundings!" An apology such as that might not suffice. In some regions people were punished for less of an incident. He grabbed a small trinket from his pocket and offered it to the lady. It appeared to be a small yellow die of sorts, but it had no numbers of the sides. "I offer you think trinket for forgiveness. I just want no trouble..." Narx's voice had a metallic echo due to his large mask. He was always forced to be more kind due to his menacing look.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
"It [revenge] is sweeter far than flowing honey.” Homer - The Iliad (XVIII, 109)

narxfang

AlyssumReika

atlanteanDragon

Monotonesword34
x

Johnny HellKat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:32 am
▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅ ▅▅x ▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅
PLAYER:x « Fahim S'khalid » x///x LEVEL:x 0 x///x STATUS:x [ Average ]
FACTIONx « None » x///x ALIASx « Sha'ghoul » x///x MISSIONx « None » x///x F&Rx « None »
▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅x ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅

User Image " User Image " User Image " User Image " User Image

╔════════════════════════════════════════════╗

xxx Fahim's eyes while focused on the scrolls he currently had sprawled out on the flat surface of the terrace wall he'd perched himself upon, seemed distracted from his usual runic studies. Always searching for new ways to combine different runes for unexpected results. It took a while to stumble upon something that worked or was actually useful in any way, but after digging for so long and tweaking and working, it was immensely satisfying when a projection actually did.

Fahim had grown up in the Skaglands before being swept from his homeland in a mass Exodus. He'd always sworn he would return and after hearing of a Colosseum being built, he figured it was as good of a time as any. Unlike many who were whisked from their previous lives, Fahim was able to do as he pleased freely, though he had his suspicions he wasn't truly as free as his . . . sponsors . . . would like him to think. They had eyes and ears seemingly everywhere. And in the Skaglands it wasn't hard to get an agent in undetected. In a land where dirty dealing was second hand nature to nearly everyone, a spy could slip in without too much notice. If it doesn't concern you personally in the Skaglands, you learn to turn a blind eye. Fahim hoped to see this change.

Exhaling impatiently, Fahim set his quill down gently. His heart raced at the thought of being able to rise to a Baron so quickly. He had set it as one of his goals, but to think it would actually be offered as a prize in the tournament. No doubt a scheme between the other members of the Council of Twelve, but it was a chance that Fahim couldn't pass up, still. Lifting his eyes from the paper beneath his hand, he caught a glimpse of the events unfolding before him. Sighing again, this time even more impatiently, Fahim leisurely hopped from his seating and approached cautiously. "There a problem here?" Fahim asked politely. He didn't fully know what was happening, he just saw a boy (Or so it seemed to Farhim. It's hard to tell with a mask like that.) standing up from the ground and then offering something to a woman. The woman looked a lot tougher than the scrawny fella did, but he didn't like to think the woman would actually be intimidating this boy into giving her his goods. Best to to assume either way, but Fahim also didn't take too kindly to bullying, especially not when the woman seemed to have numbers on her side. And definitely not with so many strangers here to the Skaglands. Who knows. The next Baron of the Council of Twelve could be any of the contenders gathered here and whether or not it was himself, Fahim was still set on seeing a change to his homeland.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════╝

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
OoC: Wasn't fully sure who all was actually in the thread. <_<
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

«Party»
« Fahim » Self
Commando Omnipants

« Narx » Not Associated
narxfang

« Araxie » Not Associated
Johnny HellKat

« Fantrall » Not Associated
Primae Pandora

« Lyndis » Not Associated
br3akape

« Riyak » Not Associated
120Damian120

«Inventory Expanded»
_________WEAPONS
___________ 「Saidin」 ▪▫ Two-Handed Halberd

_________EQUIPMENT
___________ 「Leather Boots」
___________ 「Torn Jeans」
___________ 「Baggy Cloth Shirt」

_________ITEMS
___________ Rune-filled Short-scrolls
___________ Inkpots
___________ Sedai Medallion

«Skills In Use»
___________ «N/A» ▪▫

Commando Omnipants

oOBrightShadowsOo

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vivian Lea
Fairy
Independent
Level: 0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vivian was in her small form, only being 7 inches tall. Although she could take her normal form, she felt better flying into a new place unnoticed. Multiple colored fairy dust followed her as she flew past some buildings. She honestly had no idea what she would be flying into. Vivian heard some people nearby so she flew quietly to check it out. Seeing three other's she watched. Vivian always observed before anything. She sighed and got big, slowly walking up to everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever"

((hey guys! I got told to jump in so here I am xD))

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:06 pm
User Image
Ara✘ie

Looking about at all the sights and sounds, Araxie was just settling into the feel of the place and --BAM! Someone ran into her, causing her to stumble back. Wincing a bit, as the motion made her would reopen, she straightened her stance and faced her assailant. She did not even have time to speak, before the boy began apologizing...well...she assumed it was a boy, by physique and voice, but to be honest, Araxie had no clue if the character before her was even human. "Um...It's okay...Really. No harm done." She was a bit nervous. This commotion was beginning to draw attention and she wasn't particularly fond of such. Merely heartbeats later, the boy was now offering her some sort of yellow colored stone with flat edges. It was strange to say the least and it made Roxi a bit uncomfortable. Quickly she reached out and closed his hands around the stone. "I apprentice the gesture, kind one, but it is not necessary."

oOBrightShadowsOo

Commando Omnipants

narxfang

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:30 am

User Image

Narx

Even though the lady seemed really menacing she kindly forgave him. He got lucky he thought. The Skaglands is full of the worst kinds of people. She was covered in blue tattoos like looked like the wind to Narx. Maybe she was a sailer of sorts. Or maybe they were just squid arms and she worshiped Cthulhu. If that were the case she'd probably not be very nice and find a way to trick Narx into being a sacrifice as is typical of Cthulhu worshipers. He ruled that one out. "Thank you for your mercy! may I ask your name? I am Narx Ap Vrathel. I am happy to run into someone as kind of you, minus the running in part. I really am sorry about that. I am absent minded at times." Narx said it loud enough for the other two to hear. From either side two others approached the commotion. One asked if there was a problem. Narx was unsure what side the man would have taken if any. People around here do anything for some extra coin. Narx decided he must practice his etiquette for Lady Elowyn's sake if not his own. "I don't think there is an issue, but thank you for asking." The man had a unique, yet foreboding appearance which struck curiosity in Narx. "Where are you from if I may ask?" He probably should have introduced himself individually to all, but they heard his name and he was kind of intimidated by being surrounded by 3 strangers so we was not thinking quite straight. Lastly the third person transformed from being tiny, to human size. Immediately Narx knew it was a fairy. He liked fairies. They reminded him of his new safe home. Though they were not common out here in the Skags. Mainly fairies around here would be slaves, but she did not look like a slave like Narx did. She had none of the usual slave chains around her neck. "Fairy, what is your name? and why are you all the way out here in the Skaglands? I have not seen one of you around here before." Narx shifted his mask. as it had twisted in a not so comfortable fashion during the fall.

"It [revenge] is sweeter far than flowing honey.” Homer - The Iliad (XVIII, 109)

oOBrightShadowsOo
x

Commando Omnipants
x

narxfang

Johnny HellKat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:43 am

Vivian Lea
Fairy
Independent

Vivian was observing everyone when she heard Narx ask her a few questions. She turned to him, and observed him before replying. "Well, my name is Vivian, and I am not sure I just got here to be honest. What brings you here?" She asked. She heard his name earlier so she didn't bother asking what it was again. Vivian wondered why Narx was looking at her like..like she didn't belong? Was it bad that she was here? Vivian looked to the other two, then back at Narx. She put her rainbow wings away, fairy dust falling behind her back after she did so. She wondered why everyone was here, including herself.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever"

Commando Omnipants

narxfang

Johnny HellKat

oOBrightShadowsOo

O.G. Noob

Commando Omnipants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:01 pm
PLAYER:x « Fahim S'khalid » x///x LEVEL:x 1 x///x STATUS:x [ Average ]
FACTIONx « None » x///x ALIASx « Sha'ghoul » x///x MISSIONx « None » x///x F&Rx « None »

xxx Fahim was relieved if not anything else to learn that he was mistaken. And although a bit of color stained his cheeks, he kept his composure well. "A-ah. I'm sorry. I just looked up and saw--" Fahim began explaining, though he trailed off into almost mumbling at the end, then being cut off (appropriately) by Narx, that was his same, correct? Fahim shifted his focus to alert at this moment, jotting down more details mentally than he had previously. He was beating himself up for letting his accent slip. "Eyes and ears everywhere." the voice in his head warned, echoing his own thoughts. "I know. Shut up." he quickly responded to the madmen in his brain. Though they never responded back, he seemed to be getting better at keeping them quiet when necessary. Clearing his throat and shifting his accent ever so slightly to reflect his heritage from the Skaglands, he spoke up. "I'm a local, actually." If this kid was actually working for-- No. He couldn't be. "Everyone's an enemy!" the voices warned. Fahim mentally acknowledged he could never be too careful, but despite this, he had yet to be convinced this kid was actually a spy. Patience. He was so focused on the kid, he hardly noticed the fairy. That was until she was questioned about her name. And then also where she was from. It then clicked. "Ah! You must be a traveling competitor!" he shouted nearly as soon as the realization popped into his head. Gathering information on your opponents was an extremely logical move in a situation like this and Fahim once again felt silly for jumping to conclusions. He really had been on edge lately, returning home like this. Toppled with the voices, it was a miracle he could function as a normal . . . er . . . semi-normal human being. Though, he had improved greatly in the following months after the incident with the relic.

"How rude of me. The name's Fahim S'kahlid. Resident of the wondrous Land of Skag and fellow competitor. How many of you are actually competing?" Fahim asked with a genuine amount of curiosity. He accented his introduction with an exaggerative and somewhat self deprecating bow and flourish of the hand before standing erect once more, his mind finally feeling cleared and focused on those in front of him.

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
OoC: - - -
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

«Party»
« Fahim » Self
Commando Omnipants

« Narx » Newly Associated
narxfang

« Araxie » Not Associated
Johnny HellKat

« Vivian » Not Associated
oOBrightShadowsOo

« N/A » N/A
« N/A » N/A

«Inventory Expanded»
_________WEAPONS

_________EQUIPMENT
___________ 「Torn Jeans」

_________ITEMS
___________ Inkpots

«Skills In Use»
___________ «N/A» ▪▫

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:15 pm
User Image
Ara✘ie

"Araxie is the name." She spoke gently, eyeing Narx and the others curiously. What odd company this city keeps. To one side was a fairy. She had encountered many fae in her days, especially back on the islands, though they were slightly different than this one. However, the man who introduced himself as Fahim, caught her interest in a dangerous way. His demeanor seemed calm enough, but inside of him, Araxie sensed whirlwind of activity. What was he planning? What was he thinking? The subtle shifts of his stance and ever-so-slight change in his accent, led her to believe he was hiding something. He did not bode well with her.
Her attention turned back to Narx. "Forgive me for imposing, but why do you wear a mask? Were you burned in acid or something like that?" Masks made her terribly uncomfortable. She liked to be able to see the expressions of people, it made them easier to read, though she understood the tactic.

oOBrightShadowsOo

Commando Omnipants

narxfang

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:41 pm

User Image

Narx

Narx immediately could tell what he had said did not sit well with Vivian. "You are perfectly welcome here Vivian.. as are we all.. don't be worried, you are welcome, it is just that Fae are not a common sightings in these parts... That is why I was curious." Narx spoke in fragments, obviously trying to quickly remedy any anxiety he might have caused. Fae were a beautiful sight, and the last thing he wanted to do was scare her away. Narx had only seen one before in his lifetime. He was a child then. Turning to Fahim and Araxie he could tell something was off. Fahim seemed like a nice guy, though very scary looking. He seemed off, but his look and the 'offness' in general did match the Skaglands, so Narx did not doubt that he was from here. "I am indeed competing, I am happy to make your acquaintance! May I ask why you are competing? I am personally looking at improving my status in this land for the sake of my Master; Lady Elowyn." Narx realized that revealing that he was a slave may have been a bad move. He looked down a bit nervous of their reactions. This happened to lead him into his answer for Araxie. Turning to her he spoke quietly. "I wear this mask because ...well I was forced to wear a mask by one of my former masters, and I don't really feel comfortable without one now." There was more to that story, far more, but Narx did not feel comfortable revealing his past to total strangers. His mask was important to say the least.

oOBrightShadowsOo
x

Commando Omnipants
x

narxfang

Johnny HellKat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:54 pm

Vivian Lea
Fairy
Independent

Vivian smiled at Narx and gave him a nod. She then turned to the other two as well. "Yeah sure..I am competing.." she said getting distracted by some fairy dust that kept floating around her. She went back to observing everyone. She noticed Narx had went from inviting to nervous. Was it because he is a slave? Or perhaps the mask question. She was curious too, that is. Vivian looked to Araxie, who seemed uncomfortable with the fact that Narx had the mask on. Vivian then looked to Fahim. She didn't really answer his question, instead she observed again. What an odd bunch.

Commando Omnipants

narxfang

Johnny HellKat

oOBrightShadowsOo

O.G. Noob

Commando Omnipants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:59 am
PLAYER:x « Fahim S'khalid » x///x LEVEL:x 1 x///x STATUS:x [ Average ]

xxx Fahim dipped his head acknowledgingly to both Araxie and Vivian. "A pleasure." he said. He noticed that Araxie didn't say whether or not she was competing, but that was totally her prerogative. Probably had her own personal reasoning behind joining the fray. He could understand that. "Ah! So I wasn't off. Awesome!" he began as Narx and Vivian in turn put in that they had indeed thrown their hats into the ring. But, then Narx pried deeper. He really was the sort to siphon information. But, Fahim felt strangely drawn to give it. Not like he was too much of a closed book, but he didn't often like talking about personal details. He still didn't, really, fully. But he at least more compelled to, now. "It's the pull of the ta'veren! A leaf in a whirlpool!" a distance voice in his head proclaimed. Fahim ignored it and moved on, mentally.

But, as soon as the word 'master' escaped Narx's lips his focus shifted and his demeanor became a touch more somber. He listened to him go on about his mask to Araxie before he chipped in. "I . . . um . . . want to improve the Skaglands. I want to change the condition of my homelands . . . and other lands." he spoke half focusedly. Perhaps giving more information than he would've liked and less than would've been desired by a spy trying to squeeze details out of him. "Your master." Fahim began again, this time with much more focus in his voice, his attention obviously having been on this topic. "Lady Elowyn. Does- Does she treat you well? Your old master? Where are they from? How did they--" he cut himself short, having begun to pick up speed and intensity with his questions. It really was none of his business, and he could hardly afford to take anymore personal vendettas. But, his heart went out to slaves. His small village in the Skaglands had been raided for slaves and it was only by luck and grace that Fahim himself was allowed to run "free". He still felt like a slave, though. Chains unseen securing him to a land far away . . . He hoped to break those chains one day. And set things right. These feelings showed on Fahim's face, his resolve set anew.

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
OoC: - - -
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

«Party»
« Fahim » Self
Commando Omnipants

« Narx » Acquaintance
narxfang

« Araxie » Acquaintance
Johnny HellKat

« Vivian » Acquaintance
oOBrightShadowsOo

« N/A » N/A
« N/A » N/A

«Inventory Expanded»
_________WEAPONS

_________EQUIPMENT
___________ 「Torn Jeans」

_________ITEMS
___________ Inkpots

«Skills In Use»
___________ «N/A» ▪▫

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:08 am
User Image
Lyndis de Ferdoarn
"It shall be engraved upon thine soul!"

╒═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╕

Finally they had reached the city. Lyndis had been guiding Riyak all the way keeping him at striking reach all the time. It might have been a bit excessively violent approach to it but after she has saw what power this being had she just couldn’t take any risk. Reluctantly they have been traveling with the two other strangers to the city, well that was more because there was a tension between her and the tattooed lady that could be felt. But for the moment that woman was of no interest to her, just another insignificant “mortal” among all.
Inside the city she kept with the group for a little. Actually she wanted to Take Riyak away with her so she could question him alone. But she feared if she wanted to just walk away, how much she wants it, that Tattooed brat will cause more interference. Thank the gods a moment of distraction had revealed itself as a masked individual bumped into the tattooed woman. This was her chance "Come. I have lots of questions but not for unwanted ears" she whispered to Riyak lowering her halberd and moving closer to him and pushing him into an alley. She kept pushing him until she thought they were far away enough from anybody to overhear them.

"This should be far enough…" She said giving Riyak one last push so there would be enough distance between them for her to hold up her weapon. "now, Riyak was it? I have some questions for thee!" she said slightly growling and held up her weapon in attack mode. "most important thing I want to know… what kind of demon are you? You said earlier you were a Lycanoid. What is that!?" Lyndis said in a demanding way. "if you value thine life, THEN AWNSER ME!!!" She went a bit overboard there with being threatening. But then it was her job to eliminate monsters that could cause harm to the natural balance of things. This was hard for her. Riyak at the moment seems just like a normal human being. But she had seen that monster side of him. Maybe, if she knew what she was dealing with she might be able to eliminate this demon without killing him.

╘═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╛

Company: Riyak
O.O.C: sorry for the wait. quick post to atleast get going

120Damian120

br3akape

Destructive Pawn

19,265 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250

atlanteanDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:21 pm

User ImageUser Image

Mayrae had entered the city seperately, not wanting to bring trouble to her employer. Having obscured her face through a hood and a scarf. One would need to take a real good look to figure out her racial identity as a Drow, she'd stick to staying out of the center of attention mostly. During her search to reunite with the one whom hired her, she heard word of the competition that would be held here. Hard to miss really. She was interested altogether though. Not because of the prize, but for the chance to test her mettle once more in honorable combat. She just hoped that they'd allow a Drow like herself to compete too. She had taken moments to gauge the individual strengths of people, judging them by their demeanor mostly. If her estimates were right, this was surely going to be an interesting tournament. When she found Narx, noticing how he had been knocked down, she took hold of the hilt of her sword, ready to draw it with a moment's notice, and with her free hand, ready to perform the gesture to activate the shadowjump, to rush in. One useful thing about places like there were that there were plenty of shadows to use for a surprise attack. Murderous intent flaring forth from Mayrae. She was very protective of those whom hire her. A dead employer is useless after all.

Luckily the situation was defused rather quickly, and Mayrae would relax her stance, preferring to stick to the background anyway. She'd rather not risk being forced to take down her hood and the fabric that covered a large part of her face, and be recognized for the species she was. When the topic of Narx's master came up, she decided to mix herself in though. "Lady Elowyn seems decent enough to me." She stated, her voice held in a stoic, matter of fact tone. "I haven't seen her mistreat Narx, in my brief time as his hireling." She honestly didn't quite know what to make of that elven female, whom owned a slave, yet leaving the guy well off enough for him to be able to afford a sellsword such as her. She recalled specifically how amongst her own species, slaves weren't even allowed to own anything, for it could incite them to find ways to rebel against their forcible captors. Her former House certainly made a point to ensure slaves were always from the surface.
'Nothing quite as fun as breaking a slave' as her mother used to say. The memory caused Mayrae to frown behind her hood. Once she agreed, but never had once had a slave. Nowadays, she felt it an unnecessary commodity, and a responsibility she did not want.

((Looks like I spotted a fellow fan of The Wheel of Time series~ I loved those books!))

User Image

narxfang
Sensai Yama
Monotonesword34

AlyssumReika

Johnny HellKat

Commando Omnipants

oOBrightShadowsOo

③ ▬ Rysękkę Skaglands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff