Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Modified 4e, Grant a wish campaign interest check wip Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:09 am
I know, I suck as a dm... but, there seems to be a few people who wish to play.

[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
A living legend in your own right, but your greatest accomplishment happened 7 years ago, when you and 15 others entered the cursed city of Morkii and slain the lich lord and his army of undead. Or so your legend proclaims...

Now something hunts you and the survivors of that fateful adventure...

[ Setting Information/Background ]

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
In truth is you not only failed to destroy that creature, but when given the choice, You struck a deal with it. He would vanish from the realm for a period of ten years and you would get one wish of your choosing, but when he returns you would join his army as an undead...

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: See Rain's list of accepted, here under House Rules, plus add Monster Manual 1 and 2 for race choices
Banned Resources: If it isn't on Rains accepted

ECL: 15
Gold: Standard Gold, and magic items
Races: No Pixies, Any other race, including races from the monster manuals are okay
Ability Scores*:
xxxxxxxxxx*
Alignments: Evil is no good
Pantheon: Standard
Backgrounds:

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] The wish may change one aspect of your character, have an effect how the world sees you, may be an effect on the character's backstory(a sick or dead loved one returned to life; not undead, but a healthy life, blah, blah) a +5 skill bonus to one skill, free equipment(up to a level 20 magic item) etc. No tricks or underhandedness, just one pure wish. I, as the dm, have the right to deny any wish.

2]
3]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:32 am
I would potentially be interested in joining. But I have made characters for two of your campaigns now only to watch them never be launched. If I put in the effort and time of making another character, can you guarantee you will run the campain, provided the interest is there? To be honest, I would like to see bridgepuddle get up and running.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:29 pm
I likewise second the interest, but concern over never-launched campaigns sweatdrop

Especially since I started a 2-week staycation this afternoon.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:25 am
What can I say, I am a sucky DM... sweatdrop , and I completely forgot about Bridgepuddle. But, if there is still at least 3 people who want to play in each one, I don't mine running both.

To be honest, originally this one was for the one or two new bloods, who where looking for a game; but admittedly I don't know if they are still around nor if they would be interested.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:37 pm
So is your internetting situation resolved?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:56 am
Rain Yupa
So is your internetting situation resolved?

Aside from Family, Work, and Pie situations; the other pressing issues have all been resolved and sealed away. And normally, they don't interfere with anything more than a day(save for those who fail death saves crying ).  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:51 am
I am sorry it took so long. "Ladybro's"

Rain Yupa
Acorn, Longtooth Shifter Bard.

Ryssa Blackblood
Averan, the Hamadryad Druid,

Kowsauni
Seraphina . Elven Dragon Experiment

Game check for Bridgepuddle, after a year of last goodbyes and arguing family over tiring b.s. religion and politics... You three were the only three that turned in a character for the 4e campaign, so I will give you the option to say; yes or no.

And if you want to change anything thing about your characters, go ahead. I will recheck the characters, after you voice your vote.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 am
Ohhh, so THAT was the character I made for it! Singy howly bard! One third of SCN's Angels!

So if we were to use those characters, give them up for Bridgepuddle and up them to 15?

EDIT: I just read the synopsis. I don't think I would use Acorn for this. She's too cheerful and optimistic to join the undead willingly sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:00 pm
Rain Yupa
Two different games, I should have checked which page I was posting on...; Acorn, Averan, and Seraphina check should have been posted on BP's page. sweatdrop

Moving it, sorry for the confusion...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:34 pm
Acorn: "I wish I knew what to wish for..."
Lich: "I'd strongly advise about how to destroy me utterly."
Acorn: "OH! OH! I wish for that!"
Lich: "... you aren't very bright, are you?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:37 pm
Questions!

"You and 15 others." Is that a singular 'you' (meaning the rest of the party make up part of the 15, i.e. there are 16 total)? Or plural 'you' (aka the PCs, so there are 15+ however many PCs).

Also, what ability score generation were you planning on using?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:31 pm
Rain Yupa
Questions!

"You and 15 others." Is that a singular 'you' (meaning the rest of the party make up part of the 15, i.e. there are 16 total)? Or plural 'you' (aka the PCs, so there are 15+ however many PCs).

Also, what ability score generation were you planning on using?

The original party had 16 members; many had parished in the assault on Morkii, and since that day the survivors all went their own way.

To answer the question: I am going to accept 3 or 4 pc's, the others will be dead, backstory fluff, or npcs.

Ability scores: Standard 4d6, drop the lowest, 7 times.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 28 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 4, 2, 5, 5, 1, 1, 2, 2, 5, 5, 6, 1, 2, 4, 2, 6, 2, 4, 2, 1, 5, 3, 5, 6, 1, 1 Total: 88 (28-168)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:04 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
The original party had 16 members

With PBP speeds, that must have taken an age to get through that campaign.

3, 2, 4, 2 = 9
5, 5, 1, 1 = 11
2, 2, 5, 5 = 12
6, 1, 2, 4 = 12
2, 6, 2, 4 = 12
2, 1, 5, 3 = 10
5, 6, 1, 1 = 12

That's... that's lovely. Any plan B options for stats?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:00 am
What roll?

I guess if you don't want to roll, you could use point buy 25.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 28 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 2, 5, 5, 2, 5, 3, 4, 4, 6, 1, 1, 1, 3, 6, 4, 3, 2, 5, 6, 6, 4, 4, 6, 3, 2, 6 Total: 105 (28-168)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:35 am
Anecdote time!

With my Connecticut gaming group, whenever we made new characters, most fellow players would get at least a 17 or 18, or at least a handful of 16s on their first try. And then there was me, who rolled commoners like above. The others were usuallt almost done characters before I finished rerolling to get decent stats.

4, 2, 2, 5 = 11
5, 2, 5, 3 = 13
4, 4, 6, 1 = 14
1, 1, 3, 6 = 10
4, 3, 2, 5 = 12
6, 6, 4, 4 = 16
6, 3, 2, 6 = 15

16 15 14 13 12 11. I like the theme sweatdrop

Rolling from my phone seemed to help. #CorrelationIsCausation  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items