help I got a virus in my pc :( (solved)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:12 pm
Hi Gaians,

anyone who knows a bit about computers and which free antivirus I can download ? I caught a Trojan , I have AVG free antivirus, I don't even know how to use it properly... It popped up saying I have a Trojan, I clicked to fix but then my computer restarted... Since then, I have more unwanted pop-up when I use explorer or chrome... and my computer screen turn black for 1 second
I reinstalled chrome because the homepage was changed because of the virus to safenet something...

I decided to post this on chatterbox because.. it is so random and... XP it's better asking here than on gaia chatterbox maybe some people have bad intention making me download another virus...

Thanks for helping.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:27 pm
Without knowing the name of any particular pop up, it sounds like you got a virus that auto downloaded a plugin to your browser, if you can get into settings/extensions for chrome remove all the plugins you see, if that doesn't work uninstall chrome.

Check programs and applications that contain any names related to the virus like "safe net" and uninstall them.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces