[PRP] Sideway glances [Lavender Lemon x Sugar Petal] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The Tilted Tulip was almost ready.

That sentence struck her like an arrow, leaving her body shivering in anticipation and fear. Their dream was becoming a reality, something that she had often held onto during the rough times. That dream was no longer one, and Sugar was both nervous and afraid. What if it flopped? What if she ruined the entire experience? She wasn't as friendly as Lavender, nor was she as talkative. What if she single handily chased their customers away? What if her flowers wilted?

What if she failed?

The thought lingered as she continued setting table cloths on the tables. She had just checked her green garden in the back and things had looked fine. Lavender had finished up decorating, and Sugar had decided to help to speed things up. Their first day opening the cafe was tomorrow, and they needed to hurry.

"Lavender Lemon." Sugar practically whispered as she straightened the dainty lace cloth. "What color glasses should we use for the opening? I set out the purple and pinks, but the others are in the back."

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was so much preparation that went into a store's opening. They had worked tirelessly on business plans, menu plans, buying equipment, saving money, finding a venue and purchasing and decorating it. All for this day! And Lavender Lemon, she had been putting every ounce of effort she had into making sure all the food would be ready the night before.

She filled up bottles of floral syrups, spent time with Sugar Petal drying flowers and sugaring others, preparing dough and batters so it would be freshly baked in the morning, and carefully arranged the plates in the display case. She was so excited she hardly slept these days, her mane a wild mess as she bounced from place to place, checking and double-checking all of their equipment. She couldn't let herself get distracted from this, the most important thing, the culmination of all their hard work!

She was in the kitchen now, when Sugar called to her. Well. Maybe there was one thing she could let distract her, she thought with a smile. Lavender poked her head out of the kitchen, of course she'd hear the delicate voice of her best friend from anywhere in the cafe.

"The glasses? Aren't the pink and purple ones good? Oh! Maybe we can add the white ones," she said. She really liked the pink and purple ones, because they matched their hair colors! Which was really cute, and cemented the fact the two were a pair, a set. "Or, did you like, have something else in mind?" she asked, leaving the kitchen to see if Sugar needed anything else from her.

Yushika
sorry for the delay! got caught up in another shop's meta lmao... hope this is okay... its a bit slow start aha

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:13 pm
Where would she be without Lavender Lemon? Honestly?

"White sound good." Sugar murmured softly, glad Lavender had become accustomed to her quieter nature. "You're better at decorating then I am." She added towards the last comment, trotting off to gather together the white glasses. Luckily for the unicorn, she had perfected her magic, finally, floating several glasses back to the tables as she hurriedly focused on getting the last of the decor done.

It took her quite a bit to fully realize that pink and purple were their colors, flushing ever so slightly. This was a project they had done together. This was their dream, and it was coming alive. Without Lavender, there wouldn't be a cafe. Oddly enough, the same went for Sugar, too! For once she felt as if she fit somewhere. Truly and honestly fit.

Once she had finished placing the glasses down she stepped back, nibbling on her bottom lip. Right, now... now they needed the flower centerpieces, and then she could help Lavender. Actually, maybe she should do that now. The flowers could wait.

"How can I help?" Sugar called once she had wiggled her way into the entrance of the kitchen, eyes trailing to the prepared doughs. This was really happening!

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:27 pm
"Better than you?" Lav said, giggling. She wasn't anywhere near as talented as Sugar was, with her beautiful floral arrangements that brightened up the cafe that would really make it unique, and stand out. Of course, their menu helped, but all the fresh flowers made the place seem really inviting and cozy, and they were all home-grown by Sugar. She knew just where to place them all. "Like, if you say so~ But you're pretty amazing yourself, you know," she said. So amazing.

She blushed. Of course, she had realized it a while ago, after they decided to work together. Lavender was in love with her best friend. She always knew she liked girls, but she also knew she could have platonic friendships! She thought maybe this would be one of them, but spending so much time with her, especially these last few months as the deadline for their opening approached... her feelings only got stronger. Lavender knew she couldn't say anything though, or she could risk it all. Her friendship, their hard work, their dream... if things went badly, Sugar would be the one hurt, and Lavender couldn't bear to do that to her.

Shaking her head, she scooted back into the kitchen. Back to business! "Oh, um! Like, you know what I could really use your help with? Organizing the tea blends. You're the fancy girl with a magic horn, so I figure you would have an easier time getting those in the containers than I would,"she said with a cheeky smile, showing Sugar where she'd had the baggies and piles of tea and assorted ingredients. "The menu should have what each blend has... but this one's really important, because floral tea is probably more appealing than like, floral coffee." They did have rose water infused creamer, which did taste pretty good in coffee, but Lavender didn't expect that to be as popular as tea.

"And if you could put the labels on them too, that would like, help keep everything organized, so we totally know which container has which blend," she added, before she forgot. She'd probably need to label the doughs when she put them in the fridge too so she could put them in the right shapes. There was a lot of cooking ahead of her to do tomorrow morning! Right now, they were the only two employees, which meant they'd need to do a lot of work, but luckily they both had experience working in bakeries and restaurants, being raised in them and all. "I'll finish up some of the other things here while you do that, okay?"

It was nice when they worked side by side.

Yushika
the feels......

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:06 pm
'You're the fancy girl with a magic horn'.

Why did that make her smile? It wasn't as if it was a compliment, really. Yet, hearing it from Lavender? Anything could be a compliment from her. Flushing slightly, the phony was grateful when Lavender returned to her work.

"Okay." Really, Sugar was a lady of few words, yet she felt deeply. She had a lot to say, honestly, but never the time or courage to do so. What she really wanted to say was 'thank you'. Or, perhaps even 'I'd be lost without you'. Of course, there was another thing that lurked right at the tip of her tongue, but Sugar refused to let that one even enter her mind.

How long had they been friends for? There was a time where Sugar was without a Lavender, and she honestly couldn't remember it. Sometime during her life Lavender had just existed. She came barreling into Sugar's lonely life and stayed there, firmly. It wasn't as if Sugar Petal put up a fight, but Lavender was not about to go anywhere. Their lives had become further entangled the day their cutiemarks appeared at the same time, further cementing their future that so heavily was tied together. Sugar didn't see a future without Lavender Lemon, just as she didn't see a past without the pegasus.

Sometimes, that frightened her. She'd look at her parents and think of how they found one another and started a family, reminding herself that most phony's wanted that. Did Lavender Lemon? Did she dream of a future with another phony; settled down with kids and a white picket fence? That question sent irritating and frankly confusing spirals of hurt through Sugar at times. That meant Lavender Lemon would begin moving on with her life, and Sugar feared being forgotten. Logically, she knew Lav would never truly throw her aside. They had grown up together and discovered their purpose side by side, it wasn't as if that bond could be forgotten. But, logic didn't often win over emotion.

One day, Lavender would find her special somephony. Why wouldn't she? She was smart, clever, pretty, and incredibly friendly. Perhaps she had already met them and they just didn't know it?

Oh.
She did not like that thought.

Sugar, who had been busy organizing, winced as her magic suddenly spiked, causing a tea blend to fall back onto the counter. Sighing softly, she began the process of cleaning it up, mouth tightening in frustration.

What was her problem, anyway? It wasn't like.... no, wrong. Stop thinking about that. They were friends. Best friends. There was absolutely no reason to ruin that. Absolutely none. Her eyes flicked briefly to Lavender, watching the pegasus at work before snapping her gaze back to her work. Stop that. This wasn't a problem back when they were kids. Sometimes, she wished they hadn't grown up. It made things like this easier.

"..... I'm excited." She paused, for a brief second forgetting she hadn't finished her sentence. "It feels like yesterday we were talking about making this a reality as kids." And it truly did. How had they grown up so fast?

purplerosesbeauty
Stop this oh my god.
Babies pls.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:12 pm
She liked working with her hooves, kneading dough, mixing things. Her mother always thought she had a talent for drink-mixing, and her father encouraged her to experiment with flavors. They were so, so proud of her (if not a bit competitive in nature) when she told them she was going to run a cafe, and with her best friend no less. She felt a little embarrassed, because of course now she thought about how they were business partners before they got married too. Spending time together at work brought them close, and it could happen to her and Sugar, too, right? It would be nice to have a family tradition like that. She was flushing visibly, so she tried to concentrate on her baking. Lavender sifted together flour, baking powder, sugar, all the ingredients she needed for another of the treats they would offer. Scones were always really good, weren't they? And they could be flavored in so many unique ways, with rose or lavender, or maybe honey and lemon...

Sugar spoke and she smiled, relieved to have the (internal) subject changed. "Right? I can hardly sleep, I'm so totally excited! We were just little fillies and now... it's like, totally happening? Like, tomorrow morning? We'll get up early and bake all the stuff and open the doors, and people will come in and we'll be a real cafe and our dream will be true!" Her wings flapped, unable to contain the excitement, and she tried to keep her voice down, she really did, but she she just didn't have the gentle voice of her friend.

"I'm just so happy it turned out like this, with me and you... I never would have thought this was what was going to happen like, the first time I met you, or even when I made that cake," she said, laughing. That seemed so long ago but she could still taste the sweet lavender. That was the feeling she wanted to capture in all of her menu items, their innocence and the loving feeling she got when she remembered all the effort her small filly body could put into making one little bundt cake, and having it light up their faces when they ate it together. Her heart felt warm then, and she'd dismissed it as a purely platonic feeling, something of a budding friendship. Lavender wondered now, if that was because she'd loved her a very long time actually, and had a crush even then on the quiet unicorn.

She looked at her now. Sugar was so pretty, with her long mane, always in her golden eyes. It was endearing watching her blow it out of her face, enough that she never bothered to ask if she would like a hair clip or something to keep it out of the way. She also knew Sugar liked it that way, being able to hide her face a little bit gave her the shield she needed when she was overwhelmed. Her heart panged, realizing she was probably staring.

"I hope people like it. Like, the whole place, I mean! We worked like, really hard, and it looks so pretty and our menu is totally the best thing ever, so it would be really lame if no one wanted to come," she said with a dramatic sigh. They would need to formulate a very aggressive advertising campaign just in case, enough to rival PL! But the few adverts they had up she hoped would be sufficient for a busy day tomorrow. "I'm still like, totally excited! But also, a bit like, nervous you know? I want this to work." I want to stay with you. That's what she meant, wasn't it? She wanted the excuse to stay together, beyond just their friendship. Even if she wouldn't have her feelings returned, there was still something special about the relationship of two business partners. I want us to share success.

Yushika*
this is tortureeeeee
but so good.....

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:55 pm
Sugar was glad Lavender seemed more energetic about the next day. It wasn't that she lacked excitement! Sugar was apprehensive, and honestly worried she'd ruin the entire day. Tomorrow was going to start their future, and it was a lot of pressure. And, if we were even being more honest... she really wanted to make Lavender proud.

Sugar paused in her movements when Lavender brought up their initial meeting, a nod following. She was right. Back when they first met.... Sugar never even imagined their future turning out this way. She had just been glad someone took such an interest in her! Someone funny and clever had chosen her, of all people. Now, Lavender was her best friend. Ha! Even back when they were little kids Sugar had been so worried Lavender didn't see her as a best friend... and here they were. It all seemed so silly now. All that worrying and fretting, and she never really needed to do so.

Sugar puffed a strand of hair from her eyes, returning more heartily to her task. She didn't catch Lav's glances, but she did sneak her own here and there. Why Sugar? Why had Lavender chosen her, anyway? There were smarter, more outgoing phonies. Prettier phonies. That thought caused a brief twitch of her heart, mouth tightening as she kept her magic in check. There would come a day Lavender would find her own pretty phony to enjoy her future with, and Sugar needed to accept that. They were friends. Best friends. Business partners. That was it.

She had no right to be acting this way.

She wanted this to work, too. This time spent with Lavender was everything to her. These shared moments. The time that was just theirs. It was comforting, and she felt selfish for it. She loved this. She truly... truly did.

"It will." Sugar murmured back. It had to. She wouldn't allow this to fail.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:34 am
Sugar was probably a bit worried, but that was okay, because she was determined too. They both were, it was the night before their opening after all. And it'd be strange if they weren't at least a little nervous. Nerves were good for situations like this, it kept you on your hooves for potential disasters! Lavender double checked everything a billion times in the last week, and in the last few hours alone! She was sure everything would go off without a hitch once they opened.

Of course it'll work. They'll have the success they dreamed about, and get to stay together. She smiled, thinking of the marking on her flank. That's what she was destined to do, after all. What Sugar was destined for, and what they were destined to do together, so it... it just couldn't fail. How many hours had she spent as a filly after getting her cutie mark, dreaming and fantasizing about this day? And about working together, side by side, sharing glances and secret smiles? She doodled in the margins of her notebooks at school, thinking up menu ideas and...

"Yeah, of course. I can always count on you, can't I?" Lavender said with a smile. She stopped mixing and kneading, figuring she had enough for now. She'd put everything away, carefully labeled. That would make things easier, especially once the morning's chaos began. She looked over to Sugar, her heart surging. She was so dedicated. Lavender loved her quiet passion, so unlike her own, the way she focused and tended to her flowers. It was so beautiful. "We should probably pack up now, like, because we'll need plenty of rest for tomorrow! And it's gotten late." She rested her body against Sugar's, and threw a leg around her shoulders. Casual, friendly, she'd done it before a million times. It felt as natural as anything else.

"It's gonna be busy, but I'll be glad to have you by my side."

----------------

The next morning came. In the early hours before dawn, Lavender Lemon baked everything that could be baked, and carefully decorated it before placing them in the glass display cases in the front of the cafe. The other appliances hummed to life as they were turned on and heated up, and after a quick double check, they were ready to open. The smell of coffee, tea, and baked goods would begin to waft into the streets where a brand new sidewalk sign displayed that it was the grand opening, and Lav hoped these would acquire some more hoof traffic into their cafe. The Tilted Tulip was finally open! Like, for real this time!

Yushika
sorry its a bit small, but i didn't want to get too carried away with a scene change! hope its alright P: <3 now the customers can start coming in...

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:47 pm
It'd be a lie to say those words hadn't sent a warmth through her stomach. Lavender trusted her. Even if Sugar was nervous, Lavender had faith in her, which meant that Sugar should, too. Nodding softly, she leaned into Lavender at the touch.

Sugar was glad to have Lavender by her side, too.

- - - - -

It was the big day! Ooooh! She had barely slept last night! The second they had entered the cafe Sugar had fled into the hidden green house, plucking various herbs just in case and setting new flowers out on the counter (daisies!). The unicorn was busy fussing, rushing from each flower within the cafe and outside to give them a well-deserved morning drink before washing her hands for the day. They got this.

It was mostly Lavender's job to make the orders, while Sugar took care of giving them to her and creating the ingredients they would need each day. Nervously, she chanted her duties down under her breath.

"Get orders. Bring to Lavender. Bring orders back. Clean table. Get orders...." The mare paced back and forth, eye on the clock. Just.... one.... more..... minute....

It was time!!

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:09 pm
The cafe looked beautiful. Lav gave one quick peek from the kitchen area to see the fresh flowers on the tables. The little white flowers were so delicate looking, but they were the perfect amount of freshness. She hoped that everyone else would appreciate the work Sugar put in as much as she did.

When the door chimed, Lav squeaked. "Oh my god, it's happening! Like, a for-real customer?" She rushed to the back, making sure all the coffee machines were ready and hot water was available for making tea. It was really happening! It was time! The bright smell of the cafe was making her extra excited, reminding her of home. "Good luck, Sug!" she whispered to her quickly, before the customer approached.

The customer approached the counter somewhat timidly. "So, you're open now, right?" they asked, glancing up at the chalkboard menu. "Can I get the rose tea blend and..." They paused, looking at the baked goods in the display case. "And a lavender scone." With their order in, they went to wait near the other end of the counter for it to be finished so that they could sit down. A few others, human and Phony alike, walked by the cafe. Some stopped in briefly before leaving, and another handful stayed to order something.

Lavender waved at anyone she saw while she was in the back. She'd love to be up front more, with Sugar, but until they had the resources to hire more staff, it was just the two of them for now. She looked at Sugar at the counter, and hoped she wasn't too nervous facing the customers alone.

Yushika
sorry for the delay yushi! i hope this is a good enough reply. i figure we could keep the customers kinda vague and in the backdrop and focus a bit more on our gals P:

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:54 pm
When the door chimed Sugar could have sworn she felt time stop for just one second. This was it. Sugar perked to attention as the customer approached her, nodding softly. Wait. Speak. You needed to speak!

"Coming right up." She murmured softly in return as she scribbled down the order on a pad. Soon she wouldn't need it, but right now? Right now everything was so new and loud. Somehow, to Sugar's shock, she managed the orders flooding in, carefully sliding papers towards the back between orders for Lavender to read. Hopefully she didn't get it wrong, or, worse, have unreadable handwriting.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:45 pm
Lavender dealt with the orders as quickly as she could, reading the small slips of paper Sugar gave her, admiring her small, tight scrawling handwriting. She hoped one day they would have a system that was a bit easier, but for now she made the drinks and took out the treats. She placed everything on the plates, calling out the orders and watching the customers come and get it. "Enjoy!" she chirped to them.

She leaned on the counter, watching Sugar for a moment between customers. She was trying to watch the customers, to try and gauge their reaction to the food and drinks, but she kept looking back at her best friend. She knew she shouldn't stare or anything, but nothing made her happier than to see Sugar Petal at work, with that intense look in her eyes, blowing her hair out of her face. It left a warm feeling in her chest and face, like butterflies. Shifting a bit, she fluttered her wings. "Uh, hey Sug, you doing okay? Not like, too tough right?" she said. She smiled, a big grin she couldn't hold back. "You're doing great so far, by the way!"

Yushika
<333

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:24 pm
She had honestly gotten lost in the job. It was a lot to take in, and her hair just kept getting in the way. When Lav spoke she at first didn't hear it, taking a second to respond. Her brain had to back track, pinpointing that familiar sound of comfort from Lav. Was she okay? She hadn't taken a moment to consider it, honestly. This was nice. This was their dream, and it was alive and bustling with activity. Yeah, she was doing just fine.

"Yes." She answered, flicking her gaze onto Lav. She hadn't looked at her in awhile, and now she regretted it. How was she going to concentrate on her work now when that big smile had her heart fluttering? A blush touched her features, head snapping away to look at a newly entering couple.

"Hello, welcome. Please take a seat anywhere." She called softly before forcing herself to return to Lav's gaze. What had happened to make her this awkward around Lavender? Why were those smiles so damn contagious, to the point she could practically feel the world melt away into oblivion? She hoped this could last forever, but she knew one day a customer would walk in and swipe Lavender's affection. Perhaps not even a customer. Perhaps a friend, or someone passing by in the park. Someday, this would end, and right now she needed to not focus on that. Right now, she wanted to enjoy those smiles and these busy days (it was only the first day and she already was looking forward to the next).

"Are you okay?" She returned the question, glancing at the clock. They already had been open that long? It felt like just seconds!

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:45 pm
She waited anxiously when Sugar paused, and felt her heart skip a beat when she looked away from her. Was she just imagining it, too hopeful, or was she blushing? Was that a dreamy gaze to match her own? For just a second though, she thought... maybe she had seen something more. In the end, she disregarded it. When Sugar responded in kind to her question she heaved a dramatic happy sigh, grinning. Could she be any more okay? This was her dream, and everything was going so well. "Of course! It's a bit of work, but it's like, so so worth it. Doing this with you."

She'd do this every day as long as she got to do it with her.

---

After a few more hours, they finally were closing after their first day. It was dark now, and Lavender Lemon was putting away extra food and making sure they weren't low yet on anything. However, she couldn't help but notice Sugar Petal had been acting a little strange. Ever since she asked how she was doing, she had seemed more on edge, more anxious and more avoidant. Scurrying away from her whenever she seemed to look, and blushing more. Lav was starting to worry maybe she had said the wrong thing, offended her and made her question her work ethic... or maybe just overthink it?

She got out two cups and started boiling some fresh water. After a long day of making it, they deserved to have it to relax! They could sit together at the table and just... decompress after work. It was an idyllic scene she imagined in her head ever since they conceived of the Tilted Tulip. Lavender wondered, for just a moment, if Sugar was acting different because she knew, that she adored her and loved her and would do anything for her. She somehow figured it out, and because she knew, and didn't return the feelings... she didn't feel comfortable around her anymore. She swallowed thickly, shaking her wings. Of course she wouldn't be uncomfortable around her, even if that was the case. They were best friends, right?

"What kind of tea did you want, Sug?" she asked, hoofing through the different blends. Personally, she was feeling something sweet and relaxing, like lavender earl grey.

Yushika

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:02 pm
The day had gone by quickly, and the entire time Sugar had been off. It was hard for her to look at Lav, especially when the entire time she knew that smile would return. That addicting smile.

The end of the day was quiet. Sugar took to cleaning up the last bits of the day as Lav began setting out tea. Was this a beginning of a ritual? Another thing she'd lose over time? Another thing she'd cherish more then anything?

No.

That wasn't fair. Using words such as 'lose' was unfair to Lav. Lavender wasn't hers. She was an individual who happened to be her best friend. Sugar ought to want the best for her. No, she did. She really did. Whatever made Lavender happy in turn made her happy. Even if that meant someday Lav and Sugar parting ways from the cafe, or Lav finding The One. None of that trivialized what they had and would have. Lav wouldn't abandon her, they were best friends since childhood. It just would mean the rituals and routines would change, and Sugar would have to add another person to love. If Lav loved someone then Sugar would accept them.

Even if that thought hurt a bit.

The question about tea caused her head to raise, setting the cloth down she had been using to wipe the counter with. Tea. Lavender knew all the fancy tea names, while Sugar often just knew them by taste and what flowers went into them. Her eyes drifted to the entrance to her garden. Tomorrow would begin another harvest.

"Whatever you're having." Usually, she liked what Lavender liked. She didn't enjoy the bitter teas, personally, but everything else was just fine!

purplerosesbeauty

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces