Submit

Vucas
Captain

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:27 pm
User Image
< ^ Inori ^ >
< ^ ~ The Nine-Tailed Kitsune ~ ^ >

Inori continued to eat some of her food, noting the distracted look that her Deer had taken up while she read the bottles she had brought. Quite a few of them were alcoholic, which she supposed was to indulge the Kitsune's love for the stuff. However, one of the last bottles she had picked out caused the ears on top of her head to perk up, a rare reaction for the woman.

"Ooo. I'll take the Sake." She declared. Her hand reached out for it before her expression shifted from a look of wanting, to a look of concern. "More of your hallucinations?" She asked.

The Nine-Tailed Woman was more or less just happy to see that she hadn't become further distracted. She remembered seeing her completely disconnected from the real world due to them. Her interference wasn't needed passed that time, but she had always been ready to come to her aid again if it were ever needed.

Number of Tails: 9

Pleasantly Ridiculous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:55 pm
Bambi smiled warmly, which soon turned into a grin as she passed the sake to Inori. “I remembered your offering for the ritual. Figured you would appreciate having some if I brought it along today.” She admitted quietly. Just as the kitsune picked up on the subtle signs that the deer was hallucinating, she picked up on little tidbits of information of what she felt would make her love happy. She was well aware that Inori worried about her…so if she could make her happy in small ways, then maybe the worrying wouldn’t be so bad.

“Yeah. Little men in the basket, singing opera…I think.” She had never been to the opera to know for sure. She opened a bottle of water for herself, as the deer’s hallucinations started to give her headaches. Water tended to help, which made her question of it was hallucinations themselves or some form of dehydration that she couldn’t keep ahead of. “How long did you and your children stay here?” Bambi asked after a contented sigh. “Did you make friends with any of the locals, or were they passing acquaintances?”

Vucas

A Caracal Yokai

Golden Gatekeeper

Vucas
Captain

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:49 am
User Image
< ^ Inori ^ >

The Nine-Tailed Kitsune raised a brow. She honestly had no idea what Bambi had just described, but she just decided to go along with it. Only she could see them, of course. Inori popped the seal of the Sake and took a good long drink before setting it down on the blanket. Ooo that was good. It had been a long time since she actually drank the stuff.

"You're so sweet, Bambi. And far too good to me." She said, indicating the bottle of Sake and her voice oozing affection. She had to stop and think about it when she asked about the locals. It had been a while ago, and outside of her children not as relevant, so took a little bit longer for her to fish for the memories.

"Well, we got to know them, but I would say they were still passing acquaintances. We were here for about one-hundered and thirty years or so. Just long enough for my son, the youngest, to mature." She was thoughtful on it. "After that, I sent them out on their own to find their own paths."

Pleasantly Ridiculous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:12 pm
Whether or not Bambi was far too good to Inori was up for debate. There were days that the deer felt that the kitsune was far too patient with her and some of her insecurities and risky actions. But at the sound of her love’s affectionate voice, the girl with the salmon colored hair would lean in and peck the other’s cheek. “Not nearly as good as you are to me.” She whispered sweetly in her ear before leaning back to sip her water.

She nodded, listening to what Inori had to say about getting to know some of the inhabitants of the realm. “What kind of people are there? Were they all of the same race? Or did they vary? Did you ever meet anyone that was from outside of the realm as well? Did you always stay disguised?” So many questions!

But soon the deer was distracted again, gazing out upon the leaves of the forest and how they reflected upon the water’s surface. “Like fire on water…” She murmured, wondering if just the imagery alone was the only way of visualizing water and fire combined as one, instead of opposing forces. With her the peyote ever running through her blood system, Bambi witnessed the trees fiery reflection come to life on the water’s surface, dancing and swaying to a new song that pushed to gain dominance in her head.

The imagery shifted and changed, revealing ever changing hues…creating faces of people she didn’t recognize, of fairy wings and undead hands, masks swimming in the sea of a masquerade, of balls and ballet slippers. The deer’s heart started to race within her chest, unsure of what it was that she was seeing, but disliking the vision that unfolded before her. “Tost!” She hissed, clamping her glowing eyes shut as the scars on her skin glowed with the eerie lavender light. Her left hand twitched, forcing her to ball it up in a fist…covering her mouth as she coughed just a bit. A sniffle, a shiver, and a shake of her head. “Sorry…another one…” Bambi would confirm before Inori had the chance to ask.

Vucas

A Caracal Yokai

Golden Gatekeeper

Vucas
Captain

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:50 pm
User Image
< ^ Inori ^ >

Inori's face almost seemed to melt when Bambi gave her a peck on the cheek. She patiently smiled as her Deer fired off what felt like a million questions as she liked to do. She parted her lips to start answering the questions when her love's attention seemed to drift away. It must have been another hallucination. And... so soon?

She patiently waited, watching Bambi carefully, until finally her fist balled up and she hissed "
Tost". She was dispelling the hallucination. Her eyes and markings glowed. She hadn't had time to question it before her fears were acknowledged.

The Kitsune leaned over, reached out, and placed her hand on the back of Bambi's head. Her lips quickly covered the distance and connected with her love's and she made sure to keep it that way for a few seconds.

"Would you mind... sitting on my lap?" She asked, after they parted though her head was still close. It was clear that she had done so as a way to distract Bambi from it as a part of her concern. This was not the first time Inori had seen it this bad since she had returned. She just wasn't sure how she could help.

Pleasantly Ridiculous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:07 pm
Bambi let out a light gasp as Inori pulled her into a tender kiss, and sighed with a nuzzle of their noses after their lips parted. She smiled softly, already feeling comforted by the kitsune’s gentle concern…only to blush lightly when asked that the deer sit in her lap. “O-oh…ok.” She whispered with a light sniffle, before crawling into her love’s lap…leaning her head against her shoulder and gently nuzzling her neck.

Whether Inori knew it or not, her warm embraces had a way of easing Bambi’s tention…calming her mind and releasing any stress. The deer felt the most at peace in her deer form, with her head rested upon the kitsune’s lap…dozing away in her little pocket dimension. Nothing could go wrong…and any and all nightmares and worries were somehow warded away. “You know I love you…right?” She asked quietly, her eyelids half lowered as she reached her arm around Inori’s back to give her a partial hug.

Vucas

A Caracal Yokai

Golden Gatekeeper

Vucas
Captain

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:08 pm
User Image
< ^ Inori ^ >

The Kitsune's smile brightened as Bambi's arm started to snake around her back into what could only be a hug. "I may have a bit of a hint." She teased, one of her arms returning her Deer's gesture by embracing her around her torso. Bambi would have found herself covered by a few of her tails had it not been for the fact she did not want fur getting all over their food. That would have to wait.

"Now... I say we finish our meal. Especially before we start having other ideas..." There was a playful hint to her tone now, her continuing trying to ease the tension that had preceded that moment. Instead of reaching for her own plate she grabbed Bambi's and brought it closer. Even going so far as to scoop what was the plate with a utensil and bringing it closer. "I suggest a bite... or should I steal it from you?" She asked playfully.

Pleasantly Ridiculous

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:10 pm
Bambi gave a quiet chuckle, before covering her mouth as it turned into a light cough. Her violet eyes went wide at the thought of other ideas, only for her cheeks to turn a lighter shade of pink as she started to giggle and gave Inori a nod. “Alright.” But before she could slip off of the kitsune’s lap and grab her plate, the tricky vixen already stole her plate away and teased her with a bite of food. “No stealing!” She pouted, before quickly snapping at the bite of food and ingesting it quickly. “Not nice to steal.” The deer said after a hard swallow. “Besides…I’d never steal from you.” She said, gently tugging the plate of food away from Inori while giving her a tender peck on her cheek.

From there, Bambi would slip out of her lap and settle in next to her again...primarily so she could grab her water and take a sip from it to help clear her throat. “And you never answered my questions!” She pointed out in between bites of food. “Do you need me to repeat them…?” She asked with a slight wiggle, adjusting her legs a bit for better comfort.

Vucas

A Caracal Yokai

Golden Gatekeeper

Vucas
Captain

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:35 am
User Image
< ^ Inori ^ >

Inori gave a disappointed sigh when the mood shifted and Bambi slipped off her lap. She couldn't help but fire off a joke about how Bambi wouldn't steal from her. "But Bambi, you've already stolen from me." She told her, before leaning in and returning the peck on her cheek. "My affection."

She leaned back and began eating her own meal again while thinking back to that moment. She assured her Deer that she did not need to reminded of the questions. Her concern over the situation had just pushed the questions to the back of her mind as unimportant.

"If I recall correctly, they appeared to be Human. Their skin tones were a bit different, say some light blues, deeper pinks, and a few other more fantastical colors. They were indeed of the same race, unless you count the skin color differences. I don't recall meeting someone from outside this realm in the time I was here, or at least it had never been obvious. And... yes, I always stayed disguised. Made sure my family was too, just in case."

She took several gulps of the Sake, removing the bottle with a satisfied sigh. She then finished up what was on her plate, ready for seconds.

Pleasantly Ridiculous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:50 am
This will never end, 'cause I want more.
More, give me more, give me more.

Bambi blinked at the joke and the peck, and gave Inori a sly smirk. “I did not steal that. You gave me that willingly when I was not strong enough to resist.” She remarked before digging into her meal once more. “That has always been something that irked me about how humans use the word race…when it comes to their own kind. I mean…if you think about it, it does not matter what color your skin is, because you are from the same race…right? Yet, they are raised using the word race to differentiate their own kind by color…when really, they should be using the word breed if they want to get so specific. I mean…that is what they do for other creatures, like dogs and cats. You do not hear them saying ‘The Siamese is a race of a cat.’ They call it a breed of cat.” Oh dear…the deer is going onto a slight tangent. “So I think it is just plain stupid to call someone of the same race a completely different race all together if the only differences between them is the color of their skin.” Oh good…a gulp of water to calm her down a bit…hopefully.

Oh, Inori…such a larger appetite in comparison to Bambi’s. It’s probably a good thing the deer made enough to feed a large family. “Is illusionary magic the first thing a kitsune learns or is taught? I mean…for its own safety, at least?” She then lifted her face up towards the sky and blinked her violet eyes in thought. “Do kitsunes live in large communities of just their own kind? Or are there too few to know for sure?”

We just can't stop believing.
Because we have to try.

Vucas

A Caracal Yokai

Golden Gatekeeper

Vucas
Captain

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:42 pm
User Image
< ^ Inori ^ >

Inori gave Bambi an affectionate smile at her returned joke and smirk, before she went on a rant about race and breed. While the Kitsune listened to every word, she also took that opportunity to eat her second helping of food, quickly. She had already finished it by the time her love's tangent had run it's course.

"Illusionary magic is just the easiest for us to learn. It requires little more than twisting the magic that's already there, or in some cases forming the magic, merely to make people see what isn't there, or to ignore what is. It's far easier than learning magic with intent to harm."

She then thought about it. "Remember that, especially in Mythology, the Kitsune loves a good joke or prank. Illusions are in themselves a perfect way to play tricks and pranks that are for the most part harmless."

She then thought about the second line of questioning. If they lived in large communities of just their own kind. "I believe that's a yes and no and would be more dependent on the breed of Kitsune." She gave Bambi a wink at the subtle joke, now not quite as subtle.

"I am a Kitsune that was born into the mortal realm by other Kitsune. I have a connection with the astral or spiritual plane, but that is the extent of my connection with other types of Kitsune. Other's are purely spiritual, manifesting themselves an Avatar to interact with the physical plane.

Yet others choose to possess others, either full grown adults or a growing infant in the womb. An adult possession can easily be exorcised like other spirits, but one that possesses an infant in the womb might as well have been born like I have. Though, their body may have a more limited life span and perhaps more limitations depending on the spirit of the Kitsune that entered.
"

She thought about it. She was aware that it didn't really answer the question. So she added, "I, personally, have never lived or known large communities of my own kind, breed placed aside. I have, on occasion, lived in smaller communities of, perhaps, a dozen or so.

I don't know how well a large group of my kind would handle being in close proximity.
" She chuckled as an after thought. "We'd spend most of our time playing tricks on each other, and if anything important got done would be a miracle."

Pleasantly Ridiculous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Bambi listened, lowering her eyes in thought at the mention of pranks and illusions. “Fae are known to be pranksters. Do they hold similar illusionary powers as well?” She asked, her gaze resting on the container full of cupcakes…but finding herself too full to indulge in the sweet treat. Her violet eyes then widened, looking towards her kitsune lover. “There are different types of kitsune?” Really, the deer didn’t know enough about Inori’s race, and she hadn’t had time to do the research on it. It then made her wonder if there were different breed of deer that…weren’t derived from her First Born ancestor!

So there were physical kitsune and corporeal kistune…? Interesting! Though, Bambi wasn’t all too sure how she felt about the possession aspect of things. “Well…small or big, it is still a community.” The deer said, before giggling at the idea of nothing getting done due to all the pranks. “But some of the greatest accomplishments or…um…inventions were created from pranks! So…you never know! Maybe a village full of pranksters is not such a bad thing?”

Because we have to try.

Vucas

A Caracal Yokai

Golden Gatekeeper

Vucas
Captain

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:16 pm
User Image
< ^ Inori ^ >

"You know, I haven't had too many experiences with the Fae..." Inori said, thoughtfully. "I've met a few and during those times hadn't really had time to examine them at length. Research I've done suggests that they are capable of illusions. Though, I believe they call them Glamours. Not... sure on that part."

She then nodded in agreement, as she started putting food onto her plate for a third helping, she gave another nod when she came to a realization there were other kinds of Kitsune.

"Well, depends on the kind of pranksters. Kitsunes aren't inventors by trade. More like magicians, so the pranks if anything would just help us figure out different ways to entertain." She gave it a thought. "I suppose that could be considered the same thing."

Pleasantly Ridiculous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Bambi gave a slight nod, mulling over the information for a bit. Looking up to the sky again…partially watching the clouds, her violet eyes blinked slowly in thought. “I wonder what it would be like if a fae and a kitsune met…and tried to out-prank the other.” She said idly…not finding any real questions to ask. “But I guess it would depend on what kind of fae it was…because I do not think a banshee would be all that interested in pranking a kitsune.” A smile then grew on her face as she started to giggle. “Would it not be fun to hold a day of pranks, and invite all the various prankster races to join in a friendly competition? Just to see what kind of jokes they could come up with?”

Because we have to try.

Vucas

A Caracal Yokai

Golden Gatekeeper

Vucas
Captain

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:45 pm
User Image
< ^ Inori ^ >

"Oh... it would be fun to be sure." Inori commented. "Just have to set some guidelines. Pranksters can let their fun get a little out of control sometimes and take it too far. I know I've been on that fence." She said. Her words came out as an embarrassed chuckle.

"No, you're right. Banshees are definitely not the type interested in pranks. Though, if you see a Banshee then you'll have far darker things to worry about."

Pleasantly Ridiculous

Mini-Adventures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas