[PRP - CHECK UP] On The Path To Recovery (COMPLETE) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:30 am
Cordelia sighed again, "I dunno if it's some kind of power or not. I was stressed for a very long time before I blew up at Ebby." Her somewhat dead looking eyes took a quick peek over towards her grandfather before looking away with something along the lines of guilt in them. "I was sort of sick for a long time before that as well. I had patchy stone scales popping up all over my skin that itched and I just generally ached all over, my jaw especially. I don't know why I tried to hide it. I just remember being so angry and so against coming here."

Adrian was somewhat horrified to learn that Cordelia had been hiding her symptoms from them all that time. Actually he was more horrified that he hadn't noticed. It all made sense now. The hoodies, the anger, the isolation...why hadn't he noticed?! If he had then they could have avoided this whole mess altogether! The elder Shade backed away and took a seat, disbelief in his own stupidity. At the mention of his daughter's name, Adrian's face became paler than it already had been. He fought back tears that threatened to fall then. Closing his eyes, the man spoke softly, "She's gone. I tried my best but...at first it was just work, but then she stopped eating and sleeping. All she would do was sit there and watch and wait, hoping Cordelia would come back. I took too much solace in thinking she'd never leave that room and let my guard down. I think she finally realized that perhaps Cordelia was truly gone and there was no amount of waiting that would ever bring her back. I was asleep when she left. I have no idea where she is now." Of course it would have been fate that Ebony finally broke and gave up hope right before the smokey girl had been returned to them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:21 pm
Sickness that gave her scaly, stony patches? Now that he wasn't expecting.

"You don't seem to have any trace of that on you now, Cordelia." Her face and arms were unmarred and she hadn't mentioned this until now nor itched once since she had come in. This only added to the mystery. As for her hiding her symptoms he couldn't really add anything to that topic. The deed had long since been done and now her she was years later free and clear and with a new power rather under control.

Before he could add anything else to what she had just said, Adrian backpedaled himself into a seat and took on an alarming pallor. Zeke went straight over to him and crouched down at his side, looking as worried as he had ever been at this turn in the older man.

"Sir, are you...?" Adrian cut him off with what he knew of Ebony's disappearance. That worry turned to shock at what he was hearing, especially when Adrian's words came to an end. Ebony just...left? Left without a note or a word or anything?

That couldn't be...She loved Cordelia more than anything, she wouldn't just leave like that!

He kept his thoughts to himself but from what he knew of Ebony that didn't sound like her at all. And for how many years without word or anything? The thought sunk into his gut and made it churn sickly.

"I'm...I'm sorry, Adrian. I didn't...We weren't made aware of this." He struggled to get those words out, jaw working to say more after silence fell again. What more could he say? Anything he could suggest would just be obvious and already done. Adrian wouldn't have just accepted no contact and would have tried to reach out.

Ebony where have you gone?

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:36 am
The man placed his tired face into his slightly aged hands. "How could you have known? It just happened. Yesterday she was there and today..." Adrian was really struggling now. It wasn't right for them to see an old man cry, but he couldn't hold it back anymore. He felt horrible for not being more responsible and taking better care of his girls. He had no right to call himself a father or otherwise. "If only she could have held on for a few more hours, then...then she would have been here for this. She wouldn't be gods know where, hurting, broken..."

"Granddad..." Cordelia grimaced watching Adrian finally break down. This was all her fault. She'd torn her family apart and quite possibly made her own guardian go insane. Leaving the safety of the blanket behind, the snake floated over and coiled herself around her grieving grandfather. "It's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself for what's happened. I need you. You're all I got left."

Looking up, blue eyes still glistening with tears in them, Adrian gave a weak smile as he placed a hand gently on her cheek. Wiping a trailing tear from her face with his thumb, "I need you too." The two hugged for a long moment before Adrian finally pulled away and tried to make himself more presentable again. "I'm terribly sorry Zeke. We've caused you so much trouble today."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:22 pm
Had it really happened so soon? Zeke was initially thinking this had happened months ago with how Adrian had spoken but to hear it had been so recently...He was stunned. But at the same time, he was also hopeful.

He waited until the two Shades had their tender moment (which did butter the vet up quite a lot as he witnessed it) smile softening just before he shook his head to the older man's apology.

"Please don't apologize, you haven't done anything wrong." Gently he reached out and touched Adrian on the arm, imparting that he meant what he had said. "I'm happy to see you two like this, really I am."

After a moment he stood again, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He thumbed through to find Ebony's phone number, frowning at the digits when he brought them up on the screen.

"I don't mean to drudge you back into that bad zone so soon after getting out but...Have you tried calling her? I'm sorry...did she even take her phone with her?" In his mind if Ebony had recently taken off then she could not have gotten far. She could be laying low at a motel or something like that, away from the house but still close enough to find. "Or does she have any social media accounts that you know of? Facebook, Instagram, anything?" Even if without a phone a computer could easily be accessed at any library or the few scant internet cafes that dotted Durem's hip and happening scene.

"And maybe she might not have visited them for awhile but...do you know if she had any favorite spots she liked to visit? Those are always good starting points when you want to search for someone." He didn't say it in as many words right then and there but he was already volunteering for a search for the missing Shade.

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:35 pm
The elder man gave a gracious smile towards the vet, but soon found it turning once more. He'd already tried calling her phone a million times, but it always went straight to voicemail. Since he hadn't heard it ringing at home, all Adrian could assume was that it was turned off wherever it was. He'd even tried using her nanobots to locate her, but all live feeds were down which made him worry all the more since there was only one real clear reason he could think of that would cause that. And it was one he'd rather not believe. His daughter was clever, not suicidal. At least...he hoped not.

Adrian sighed heavily, "I've tried, no answer. Just direct to voicemail. I've left probably a dozen messages by now. I'm hoping all she needs is time, but if this goes on too long, I'll have no choice but to notify the police."

Head laying on her grandfather's lap, Cordelia looked up towards the colorful human and replied, "Ebby's more of a home body than anything else. She typically feels more relaxed there than any other place. As for social media..." The dark Frei gave an unenthusiastic shrug. "She never seemed all that interested. She'd rather have her books or gardening or martial arts training. Technology was a tool she only used when she felt she had to."

"My daughter is a rather private person, tending to keep to herself as much as possible." Adrian added. It was a known fact that Ebony was more secret than Area 51. There were very few people she considered close enough to confide in and even those people she managed to keep in the dark about a few things, thinking she was protecting them or herself somehow. To be perfectly honest, Adrian might have to admit some fault in that part of her developing over the years as he too was not one to share even a tidbit of his past life before Ebony came into it. It was like it never happened.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:39 pm
Of course Adrian had tried to call her. It was a silly thing to even ask, but at the same time it was something that had to be said to at least confirm. Zeke listened in polite silence as each Shade said their piece about the missing Guardian. He mulled their words over, sucking on his lip ring out of habit and frowning oh so slightly as he did so.

A person was welcome to their privacy but to not have any hang outs or regular spots, let alone something as simple as a Facebook profile?

Ebony why do you have to be so difficult?

"Hmm..." He clucked his pierced tongue before letting his shoulders drop. "Not even like...a store she really liked to go to or some kind of special spot you two shared, huh?" The park, a particular beach, or something along those lines. Granted they'd be odd choices this time of year but if Ebony was in such a state maybe she'd have wanted to go somewhere that made her think of happier times with Cordelia.

"I'm sorry you two, I really am." He was sincere, looking between the two before focusing on Adrian in particular for a moment as if considering him. Then he went back to Cordelia, putting on a small smile and taking a seat across from the pair.

"If there's anything I can possibly do to help you in any way from here on out, please don't hesitate to ask." He didn't mind doing grocery runs. "It's what I'm here for. But that being said...I do wanna ask - how are you feeling now Cordelia? You're definitely far more alert and active than when you first came in and it seems to me whatever happened that got you petrified in the first place isn't affecting you now, odd as that is."

If she was as okay as she looked to the naked eye, he would feel comfortable sending the pair home. After all this hubbub they would both need rest and he didn't want to deny them that any longer than he had to.

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:22 pm
Ebony had always been a difficult person and would most likely die as such. She always seemed to do things the hard way when it came to people and relationships. When she was younger and upset at Adrian for one thing or another, her hiding places would always change and never be in what most would consider a perfectly logical place to go and sulk. Most people would naturally want to be found at some point and comforted, but the purple haired Brit always had to defy that and make the person she was upset with work for it. Like they weren't really sorry unless they made the sincere effort of finding her to apologize. Adrian sighed at the thought. Even he had to admit that was way beyond reasonable, but alas that was how his daughter was sometimes.

Flashing a tired, but grateful smile, "I thank you Zeke. Naturally, I will keep you and the lab up to date on the status of my daughter as well as Cordelia's well being." He needed all the help he could get since all he knew of the world of Raevans was what he'd been told and what little he'd seen. He would be damned if he made another careless mistake that resulted in the snake Frei being injured or worse.

Cordelia blinked slowly at the question, careful in her consideration before answering. "I'm still feeling a bit off with that sensation I tried to describe to you. You know, sluggish and heavy? Though...when I was shifting earlier, I didn't really notice it that much, like it was helping?" The dark girl shook her head. "Probably just my imagination since I was freaking out. But other than that, I guess I feel okay."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:09 pm
Zeke smiled.

"I'm glad to hear it! Beats me to the punch of asking, hah!" He rather liked this man. Adrian had proven just how level-headed and responsible he could be and Zeke was comfortable with the idea of Cordelia staying in his care. He wouldn't have to worry about the Basilisk's well being as long as her grandfather was around.

"Well, when you turn a limb into weightless smoke I'd say that definitely helps with feeling both heavy and sluggish." The vet chuckled. "All the same I'm sure some rest will help you immensely. Maybe a hot bath before hand as well. I know that always help me when I'm feeling not my best.

"That being said, if you're okay I feel like there's not much need to keep you two here any longer. Not unless you two have anything else you need me to know about or want me to check, of course." He stood and stretched and some of his bounciness started to return with it. "Although there is one thing I'd like for you to do, Adrian, if you don't mind. It might be a bit abrupt but it's a bit of a necessity, given the circumstances."

He gestured vaguely in the direction of his desk back in the lobby, but despite the thing in question being there he felt no use in leaving either of them in suspense as to what the said thing was.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to have you sign a temporary transfer of Guardianship rights. It's just so that when I tell my superior that Ebony is currently MIA he knows that Cordelia is in safe and trusted hands rather than missing too or with someone who isn't affiliated with the Lab in some way. It's kind of a formality but it's also a legal thing given Guardians have a contract with the Lab. This way she can stay with you instead of having to come home with me which is generally what we would have to do if something like this happens..."

He trailed off, shaking his head.

"I'd rather not break you two apart if I can help it. Besides...I still remember how the last meeting between you and Anya went, Cordelia. Not sure if you'd be down to meeting her again so soon after waking up, although I will say she's become MUCH more hospitable toward others since then."

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:29 pm
At the mention of a bath, Cordelia couldn't help but wrinkle her nose in distaste. She wasn't sure if he was joking or was just completely unaware of the effects direct contact with water had with her. Did the Lab know what happened with her and water? She was pretty sure Lazarus at least knew and the doctor was his guardian so the snake had just assumed it was part of her file somehow. Whatever the case, it was suffice to say that there would be no relaxing in a tub of warm water for Cordelia any time in her near future. "I'll try to take it easy for the time being Zeke. Promise."

Adrian moved to stand and Cordelia along with the elder man, but stopped their progress to going home when the vet made mention of some paperwork that needed to be taken care of first before they left. "Of course! I'm happy to do whatever is necessary."

'Yeah right.' Delia thought with an eye roll, but remained silent as they followed Zeke back down the hallway to the front lobby. It was a pretty well known fact that the Basilisk held some pretty deep seated resentment towards Zeke's Raevan, Anya. Of what she remembered, Cordelia couldn't imagine the spider-queen having changed all that much as he had said. Besides, what slept inside that girl was something unforgivable. The smoke Raevan worried about the possibility of the virus still being able to cause more trouble in the future. A concern she had every right to have, but still, it seemed a bit unfair to judge Anya so strictly about something she really had nothing to do with at all. Perhaps Delia could find it in her heart to let bygones be bygones someday. Not today, but someday.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:32 am
"Atta girl!" The bath comment was an oversight on his part. It was indeed in her file and something he had read but unfortunately for him it was one little detail that didn't quite reach the forefront of his brain and perhaps wouldn't until later when he would go about putting Adrian's temporary Guardianship contract into her file. Whoops.

"I'm glad you agree! If you'll just follow me out to the lobby I'll get that filled out and all you will need to do is put your name to it."

They were there lickity-split and as soon as all three were through the door Zeke dipped off to his desk to do the shuffle of various folders and papers until he found exactly what he was looking for. A soft "Ah ha!" sounded off when he did so, pulling two sheets of stapled papers from a drawer and setting them on his desk. He procured a pen and got to work, painstakingly writing slow so his words were legible. The transfer needed a reason and he put down 'Guardian missing' on the line. Any explaining further he could do when face to face with Dr. Kyou later on. After a minute or two he was done, turning the paper around toward Adrian.

"Please take your time in reading it all. Verbatim this says you are temporarily taking Guardianship over from Ebony while she is currently missing. You will take care of Cordelia in her absence as her Guardian and abide by the requirements set by the Lab in regards to that, which I know we don't have to worry about." He turned the page then tapped a line at the very bottom. "This page here is the reason we're signing this today as well as your name, relation to Ebony and Cordelia, and then your signature right here sealing the deal, as it were. Once you sign, I will sign as officiant and then you'll be good!"

He smiled, it really was as easy as that. Blessedly so in this case, with everything being as pressing as it was.

"While you do that, let me get you an updated list of contact information for everyone as well as some necessary information regarding the Lab and the Raevans!" He looked at Cordelia then. "We have quite a few new Freis in the family; I'm sure all of them would love to meet you. And I know a few older ones who are going to be over the moon to see you again!"

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:25 pm
Adrian merely nodded as he listened and then proceeded to read over the short documents regarding the transfer. As eager as he was to get Cordelia home, he knew he had to read these things carefully or regret making some other mistake later.

Meanwhile, Cordelia seemed to regress a bit more into herself at the mention of new Raevans and old. Was anyone really going to be happy to see her? Did anyone even really miss her? She was still trying to wrap her mind around the span of time that had happened between now and then. Looking Zeke over carefully, she couldn't really see any difference in the man from the last time she saw him. Sure his hair was a little different and maybe there was a new piercing or three, but otherwise he seemed much like the Zeke she loved and remembered. Had she really been stone for two years? Looking at her hands and flexing them again, it really seemed unbelievable. "I hope..." she began, but at the last minute decided to change it to something else completely. With a weak smile, Delia continued, "...I hope everyone's been well."

Giving the signed papers a tap on the counter to make them more organized, Adrian then handed them back to the colorful man. "I really can't thank you enough for all your help today Zeke. I am truly in your debt."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:37 am
"They're all as well as I can imagine! No one's come rushing in here with any injuries lately and it's been rather quiet all around!"

He'd heard from a few folks and spent time recently with one of the Lab's newer Guardian/Raevan pairs. Granted that beach trip hadn't been 'quiet' in any sense of the word but it had been good fun and a great time out that even Anya had enjoyed immensely.

As Adrian finished up reading and signing, Zeke took the papers and pen back graciously, looking over the signature with an approving nod before scrawling his own name on the line below it. Tapping them himself when he was done, Zeke put the form off to the side and stood to offer his hand to the older gentlemen.

"It's my pleasure, sir. And thank you for bringing her in today and taking on this responsibility." He had a firm grip, holding on for a moment before dropping the shake in favor of passing a thin manilla folder off to Adrian instead. "I highlighted my contact information and my address. If either of you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to call me. There's also some need to know info about the Lab and Raevans like I said but if you have any questions after reading, again, get in touch with me. I'm happy to answer anything you throw at me!"

He the moved from the desk to approach the Basilisk then, standing before her as if debating holding out one hand or both. She had never come off as the hugging type so he instead opted for the former.

"As for you, young lady, I can't say enough how happy I am to see you floating and talking again. What I said to Adrian applies for you as well - if you have any questions down the line or need anything that I could possibly provide, you give me a call, okay? Doesn't matter how late it is or anything; I'm here for you."

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:34 am
The elder Shade gave the man as firm a handshake back as he could provide then. He was still a bit shaken from todays events what with Ebony's sudden disappearance, Cordelia's even more dramatic re-appearance and finding out the truth behind the smoke Raevan's odd behavior from before the accident. You couldn't blame him for not being exactly one hundred percent. Flashing a most gracious smile and giving a small bow of his head towards Zeke as he accepted the folder, Adrian decided it was finally time to go home. "Come along Cordelia. It's about time we left and you got some real rest. We will be in touch Zeke. Good day."

Again Zeke looked like he didn't know what to do with himself in front of the snake then, hands fidgeting while he spoke. There had been a time when Delia would have loved a hug from just about anyone (though Ebby had always advised caution due to her sharp wings and inability to remember her own strength), but today she just wasn't feeling any of her usual enthusiasm. She was feeling unusually disjointed and isolated even though there were two people standing right next to her now. His words though seemed to try and bridge the gap to her of which the Basilisk desperately tried to reach back. Mustering up the strength for a soft smile, Cordelia reached a slightly chilled hand to the vet's cheek and gave a gentle pat. "Message received, loud and clear. Thanks for everything Zeke. See you later."  
--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff